Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:23:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between Bitcoin and real money?  (Read 114802 times)
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:12:52 AM

There is huge difference between them because fiat currency is always a currency which is acceptable every where in that country, but bitcoin is not implemented to accept every where. For small scale industries many people need real money because they cannot do huge transaction like big companies. So it means that bitcoin is completely digital currency where as we can carry them with us but we need proper internet but though many companies are not accepting bitcoins.
actually bitcoin is a new emerging currency, although its users are available everywhere in the world, but actually most of the people do not have proper knowledge about it therefore they are not accepting bitcoin but in future we can expect that all the people will surely start accepting bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
agamasrori

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 03:31:35 AM

There is huge difference between them because fiat currency is always a currency which is acceptable every where in that country, but bitcoin is not implemented to accept every where. For small scale industries many people need real money because they cannot do huge transaction like big companies. So it means that bitcoin is completely digital currency where as we can carry them with us but we need proper internet but though many companies are not accepting bitcoins.
actually bitcoin is a new emerging currency, although its users are available everywhere in the world, but actually most of the people do not have proper knowledge about it therefore they are not accepting bitcoin but in future we can expect that all the people will surely start accepting bitcoin.
This is only a matter of time until people around the world know about bitcoin, so perhaps everyone will stop using paper money and then switch to using bitcoin. I think the difference bitcoin with paper money is bitcoin easier and safer to use for transactions in large amounts or small.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
Blake Birk

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 03:40:22 AM

I guess there really is no difference between bitcoin and real money...its kind of funny, now aday's most people are cashing out their bitcoin, not investing in it, and alt coins are all the rage, coins like ethereum and golem, both of which have raised over 8 million usd in ico's//ipo's
are totally reinventing the crypto scene. Bitcoin is technically run buy a ton of enthusiasts and early adopters..many of which have traded their bitcoin to other cryptocurrencies...and remember it is technically impossible to cash out 1 million dollars in cryptocurrency via services such as coinbase, which puts a limit on its user withdrawals.

So yeah basically its cool to buy a few million satoshi's (0.00000001) or invest in other altcoins to have a varied portfolio..but only holding bitcoin...its a bit of a risk.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 03:50:08 AM

This is only a matter of time until people around the world know about bitcoin, so perhaps everyone will stop using paper money and then switch to using bitcoin. I think the difference bitcoin with paper money is bitcoin easier and safer to use for transactions in large amounts or small.
I don't see a chance it will happen in the future, paper money is the most convenient currency for the whole population in general, so I don't think the government will push the people in using bitcoin. The government has their own digital currency and that is not bitcoin for sure, we in the crypto world is lucky to have benefited in using fiat and bitcoin.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Blake Birk

Activity: 667

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 04:04:14 AM

yeah your right...I really don't see bitcoin replacing paper currency, however bitcoin may be a contender with banks allowing you to open up bitcoin accounts and spend it via interac and the banks them selves being treated as green addresses to overcome the long confirmation times..and not to mention varying transaction fee's..i mean would you really want to spend more money just to use your own money, seeing as banks over basically no transaction fees and also interest...I mean will bitcoin adopt pos?
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 08:28:40 AM

yeah your right...I really don't see bitcoin replacing paper currency, however bitcoin may be a contender with banks allowing you to open up bitcoin accounts and spend it via interac and the banks them selves being treated as green addresses to overcome the long confirmation times..and not to mention varying transaction fee's..i mean would you really want to spend more money just to use your own money, seeing as banks over basically no transaction fees and also interest...I mean will bitcoin adopt pos?

I think you're right about Bitcoin not going to be able to replace fiat currencies because they both have their pros and cons and at the moment we all can only appreciate their strengths in our day to day life and use them accordingly. I know Bitcoin isn't physical like paper currency and cannot suffer bruises but it can make virtual payments unlike paper currencies that has to be converted into digital currency first.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 08:52:28 AM

Bitcoin can do more things as it is a transaction ledger that records transactions and is also limited in Supply. Fiat currency is unlimited and central banks can print more and more of it, thus making it more and more worthless as the years go by.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
poetra2501

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 09:06:48 AM

I think you're right about Bitcoin not going to be able to replace fiat currencies because they both have their pros and cons and at the moment we all can only appreciate their strengths in our day to day life and use them accordingly. I know Bitcoin isn't physical like paper currency and cannot suffer bruises but it can make virtual payments unlike paper currencies that has to be converted into digital currency first.
Indeed bitcoin there not will be replacing fiat money. The trustworthiness of the
people against the bitcoin is very low. Unlike the fiat money long gain the trust of the people.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 02:23:52 PM

I guess there really is no difference between bitcoin and real money...its kind of funny, now aday's most people are cashing out their bitcoin, not investing in it, and alt coins are all the rage, coins like ethereum and golem, both of which have raised over 8 million usd in ico's//ipo's
are totally reinventing the crypto scene. Bitcoin is technically run buy a ton of enthusiasts and early adopters..many of which have traded their bitcoin to other cryptocurrencies...and remember it is technically impossible to cash out 1 million dollars in cryptocurrency via services such as coinbase, which puts a limit on its user withdrawals.

So yeah basically its cool to buy a few million satoshi's (0.00000001) or invest in other altcoins to have a varied portfolio..but only holding bitcoin...its a bit of a risk.

Are you advertising some altcoin (no offense intended)?

In fact, this is the first time I hear the word golem used as a reference to a cryptocurrency. Before Ethereum, there were quite a few other currencies that aimed at replacing Bitcoin at the end of the day (e.g. Ripple, BitShares, maybe a few others), but they are mostly forgotten now. To tell the truth, all cryptocurrency scene seems to me a big-time con game to get money from too trustful or too greedy people. I guess in a few years no one will remember about these new kids on the block after they successfully hit the floor

Carmen_Sandiego

Activity: 399

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:51:52 PM

The fact that most users still need to convert btc to fiat currency means that Bitcoin still needs to make much progress in the market, especially with regard to the number of people willing to accept the cryptocurrency as a form of payment. I think that the reasons that lead some people to step back are problems like the scaling issue, and also price instability.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 03:12:23 PM

Bitcoin IS the real money and the word seems to be getting out. Just in the last 2 or 3 days:

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-bitcoin-is-the-new-gold-btcc-2017-1
http://seekingalpha.com/article/4040233-gold-dead
https://vinnylingham.com/gold-is-getting-trumped-62d7f21475ee#.kzlyi0xck

Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 04:08:21 PM

The relationship between bitcoin and usd is like usd and jpb. Bitcoin value has been increasing from inception and that is the beauty of it. Bitcoin is decentralized, and because of this in future conventional banking money transfer such as monkey gram and western union may not be relevant again. Again bitcoin has been performing the role of exchange of goods and services, it has also served as a measure and store of value.
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 04:21:27 PM

Today government are forcing their people to support only digital currency, fiat currency can used as paper currency and some people uses only their credit/debit cards. Now today bitcoin is completely digital currency which cannot be used as paper currency any more.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 05:02:01 PM

bitcoin might just be digital money and real money, it can be used in digital form, or in the form of paper money. in addition, real money has been recognized, and we know it as fiat. Well, the real money is the money used for transactions freely in a country, and has been recognized.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
marcoman22

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 05:24:43 PM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency not controlled by anyone.It can be used for transactions all over the world at very low transaction fees when compared to other transactions through banks. We can buy anything with bitcoins without giving our personal details.Bitcoin makes us independant of banking system.More over bitcoin can be bought as an investment which gives high profits.
onelove2111

Activity: 254

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:22:47 PM

Better when there will be real money and bitcoin simultaneously. The fact that Bitcoin is the currency for a very limited number of people and so most will still use real money.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:40:53 PM

Better when there will be real money and bitcoin simultaneously. The fact that Bitcoin is the currency for a very limited number of people and so most will still use real money.
I do not think that we will be having options to use both fiats and bitcoins simultaneously in extreme conditions. When bitcoin gets its real valuation then people may start forgetting using fiats. Yes people will use only a system which will be suiting him in all ways. Bitcoin must be a right choice for that.
ananas99

Activity: 632

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:11:51 PM

I do not think that we will be having options to use both fiats and bitcoins simultaneously in extreme conditions. When bitcoin gets its real valuation then people may start forgetting using fiats. Yes people will use only a system which will be suiting him in all ways. Bitcoin must be a right choice for that.
Bitcoin can offer users and people simply do not know about his merits, which in some cases can even improve their well-being.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
salemon

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:58:44 PM

Well, if you imagine that instead of all the money took the place of bitcoin, that when a need for credits or other needs, as all realize it is not clear.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1343

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:09:15 PM

Money don't get more real than bitcoin. You have to understand that fiat is actually more unreal. Fiat can be constantly produced and there are no limits to how much a country can print in a year.
Fiat also exists in virtual form, because banks do not have as much money as they are loaning. Money moved between accounts is virtual, when you send it nobody goes into a vault to move a bag of money from one place to another. Bitcoin is more real than that, when you have a coin you really own it and if you choose to destroy it there won't be another like it.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: