Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:16:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 760 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 3839040 times)
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:42:07 PM

Damn claymore, mega hash increase on my R9 290, went from ~127 H/s to ~183 H/s. This is why I don't mind paying the fee, you deserve it.   Smiley

Developing software usually is a thankless deed that requires monumental amounts of time and effort. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea what they're talking about and anyone who complains about having to pay a small fee for these extreme hash rate increases (even if they used the -nofee flag, the hashrate is much higher than other miners), they should find another miner to use.

Cheers Claymore,

Mistercoin-

commission 2 - 3% is common in everyday business.. it's no big deal...if developer make a lot of money out of it.. they deserve it.... everybody can build rigs if they have enough money to buy the components needed for it... no special skills or qualification needed to be able to make a rigs... even a 6th grade schoolboy can do it... but very very very few people that can make good software and make those rigs work in the best possible way... it's a rare skill / talent... rarity has its own price..

Exactly a rare skill like this earns the real money.

How many miner devs do you see making software?  Maybe 3 or 4 devs in the public.

How many miners?  Thousands
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:42:57 PM

while i appreciate the constant speed increases. am i the only one who thinks we are being dripfed these as the diff goes up and the price drops. these speed increases are only keeping our mining income roughly the same. why is it that we can't get the full speed right off and actually make some money from this rather than the same old story of the big money men make the most.
benjy33
Legendary

Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:48:32 PM

while i appreciate the constant speed increases. am i the only one who thinks we are being dripfed these as the diff goes up and the price drops. these speed increases are only keeping our mining income roughly the same. why is it that we can't get the full speed right off and actually make some money from this rather than the same old story of the big money men make the most.

Easy because big investors pay you not to release powerful miners. That's why it is releasing little by little with updates of shit to have us happy, 2 days more and version 7.1 .......Thus successively with the same or worse results
kisk

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:51:25 PM

Completely optimizing the code to best work with a new algorithm takes time. Has nothing to do with price of the currency compared to the miner's new version release dates.

I believe we're getting pretty close to the limit on Sol/s.
benjy33
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:52:52 PM

Completely optimizing the code to best work with a new algorithm takes time. Has nothing to do with price of the currency compared to the miner's new version release dates.

you are very wrong
deucedeuce37

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:55:08 PM

v7.0:

- improved speed by about 15-25% (depends on card model). About 230H/s on stock 390X.
- added "-benchmark" option.
Is there any chance to upgrade miner versions using remote manager? Updating 2 or 3 miners is easy, but in case of big farm it takes lots of time.
I'm not complaining or something you have super speed and great miners, but this option would make it even better! Thanks!

You could use the "Execute reboot.bat" option in the miner manager to do it with something like this:

taskkill /f /im ZecMiner64.exe
robocopy \\server\share\claymore C:\claymore /XF config.txt
shutdown.exe /r /t 00

I haven't tested this but it should get you close.  I'm assuming reboot.bat goes on each mining rig.  Make sure each rig is logged in as a user with access to the network share.  /XF config.txt skips the config file so you don't lose your worker names.

It makes sense, but in that case I will have to update config files anyway. I'm thinking about active directory there are 78 host PCs already..

You don't already have working config.txt files?  Robocopy would leave them there. Other option is to use a start.bat file without config.txt so you can set each worker name to %computername%

That is one thing I don't like about config.txt.  No option (that I know of) to use computer name as worker name since env variables don't work with it.

With 76 pc's active directory and powershell would make sense though.  Even having to click reboot 76 times would be annoying.  
needhelp2

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:55:22 PM

GPU #0: Pitcairn, 3072 MB available, 16 compute units
GPU #1: Tonga, 4096 MB available, 32 compute units
GPU #2: Hawaii, 8192 MB available, 44 compute units
GPU #3: Tonga, 4096 MB available, 28 compute units
GPU #4: Tahiti, 3072 MB available, 32 compute units
ZEC - Total Speed: 687.917 H/s, Total Shares: 1045, Rejected: 0, Time: 01:14
ZEC: GPU0 79.619 H/s, GPU1 118.308 H/s, GPU2 229.261 H/s, GPU3 111.606 H/s, GPU4 149.123 H/s
Pool switches: ZEC - 0
Current ZEC pool share target: 0x000f0f0f (diff: 4352H)
GPU0 t=72C fan=55%, GPU1 t=77C fan=64%, GPU2 t=55C fan=32%, GPU3 t=57C fan=48%, GPU4 t=62C fan=53%

! GPU2 229.261 H/s at ONLY 55c

ALL STOCK ZERO O/C
benjy33
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:56:48 PM

68,692,131 sol/S   How many graphics are needed to have that speed, that you have to optimize is a lie and you have to have optimized but not want or can not release it because big investors paid you surely, Or if you do not say it and give us an explanation because it does not fit me
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:57:35 PM

ZEC Down -10% within a 3 hours period again

Only running my dinosaur GPUs on this. All my RX are pointed to ETH.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
kisk

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:58:10 PM

you are very wrong

Well fkin speak up dude O.o, sure there's a great possibility Claymore has been holding out so he can make some big bucks on the side but unless you have evidence of this then you're just spitting conspiracy theories.

.. anyway ..

Getting 158 Sol/s on stock Asus RX 480 4gb
Getting 168 Sol/s on stock Gigabyte RX 480 8gb

Thanks for another release, Claymore!
benjy33
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:00:13 PM

you are very wrong

Well fkin speak up dude O.o, sure there's a great possibility Claymore has been holding out so he can make some big bucks on the side but unless you have evidence of this then you're just spitting conspiracy theories.

.. anyway ..

If you are happy, this is great, but do not take us for asshole to the others
AlcatelBravo

Activity: 143

Alfa, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot....

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:05:24 PM

you are very wrong

.. anyway ..

"This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 2.5%, every hour the miner mines for 90 seconds for developer.
If you don't agree with the dev fee - don't use this miner, or use "-nofee" option.
Attempts to cheat and remove dev fee will cause a bit slower mining speed (same as "-nofee 1") though miner will show same hashrate."

So I guess restarting the miner a lot is considered cheating ?

When in doubt, dig it out.
Stealth8368

Activity: 347
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:10:18 PM

I am having issues with v7 warning on miner 'socket failed to connect' the miner goes on to connect and work but it is taking my internet down and cannot connect to websites,strange but noticed someone els with the issue here also, running rx480 on win 7 and 10 3 rigs all have same issue
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:13:28 PM

you are very wrong

.. anyway ..

"This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 2.5%, every hour the miner mines for 90 seconds for developer.
If you don't agree with the dev fee - don't use this miner, or use "-nofee" option.
Attempts to cheat and remove dev fee will cause a bit slower mining speed (same as "-nofee 1") though miner will show same hashrate."

There is a time delay if you try restarting the miner.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
delle54

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:13:48 PM

175 H/s on stock Sappfire RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB
166 H/s on stock Asus R9 280 X DirectCUII Top
benjy33
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:21:48 PM

you are very wrong

.. anyway ..

I am not saying that it does not charge fee, I just say that we stop fooling with the hasrate, because since you are very clever porq do not tell me how many graphics you need to have 76,934,839 sol / s
Enticed87

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:28:50 PM

you are very wrong

.. anyway ..

I am not saying that it does not charge fee, I just say that we stop fooling with the hasrate, because since you are very clever porq do not tell me how many graphics you need to have 76,934,839 sol / s

If my calculations are correct that would have to be something close to 427,415 x 280x GPU units for that amount of hashrate especially for one user..... something seems quite off here, probably a private miner going around under the table.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 11:28:54 PM

The ignore button is quite a useful feature  Roll Eyes

fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 11:30:57 PM

175 H/s on stock Sappfire RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB
166 H/s on stock Asus R9 280 X DirectCUII Top

Ha I have the same 280x, mines the same.
Funny how my other ETH-shitty elpida 280x is now doing more than the asus - 175h/s

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
benjy33
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:32:38 PM

you are very wrong

.. anyway ..

If my calculations are correct that would have to be something close to 427,415 x 280x GPU units for that amount of hashrate especially for one user..... something seems quite off here, probably a private miner going around under the table.

And you think that someone can have that .... because I do not
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 760 »
  Print  

Jump to: