Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:00:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... 760 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 3839122 times)
oldisoft

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

https://iota.org/

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:48:55 AM

Hi Friends!

Anybody is on miningpoolhub?   What wrong with it? It made me just half of my day profit of 24/7...

Or may be difficulty became stronger? or this is just shit on this pool?

And like usually question:))) What is the best pool for today?

Cheers

golden0707

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:55:33 AM

Hi Friends!

Anybody is on miningpoolhub?   What wrong with it? It made me just half of my day profit of 24/7...

Cheers

Same thing on other pool. Thougt they steel shares. Last night diff was up to 1370000
Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:57:47 AM

Any advice, how would I get this to auto start up when Windows 10 starts up?

Hi! Create a link to .bat-file, run shell:common startup , place in this windows . Thats it.
That solution will not work if you have a user password. Unfortunately I'm stuck in that situation on one rig(windows isn't registered so it won't let me remove the password) and I have to teamviewer in, which gets windows to the desktop, so the .bat in startfolder loads Sad

EDIT: After posting my reply I reread and noticed a slight difference. I have my shortcut in shell:startup, not shell:common startup. I see that using common startup is in the ProgramData tree, instead of the AppData tree. So I'll have to test it.

Hmmmm.... I have same situation. W 10 with teamviewer, Windows not registered. Windows autostarts , .bat starts automaticaly.

All ive done : remove user password, remove power sleep, remove auto lock screen, put link in autostart. Have hardware watchdog installed and all going fine for months.   
My bet it is because of the difference between shell:startup and shell:common startup. My guess would be that since shell:common startup is in the Program Data folder tree, W10 runs it more like a service so it starts at bootup BEFORE you visit the desktop using team viewer. I'll test it a bit and try to remember to post results. I've put a shortcut into the shell:common startup since I have frequent power outages(3-4 times a month grrrrr) and see what happens. With the shortcut in shell:startup you have to sign into the desktop before the .bat gets activated.
Xardas2014

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:01:54 AM

Hi Friends!

Anybody is on miningpoolhub?   What wrong with it? It made me just half of my day profit of 24/7...

Cheers

Same thing on other pool. Thougt they steel shares. Last night diff was up to 1370000
miningpoolhub has an honest OP. He is quite active and quick to answer support questions. I use miningpoolhub for my Baikal and my scrypt ASIC's, but not my GPU rigs(yet) simply because I want the coins mined by the ASIC's to be converted automatically to BTC, but I don't want the GPU coins converted. I use dwarfpool for ZEC and ETH algos.
golden0707

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:12:55 AM

Hi Friends!

Cheers

miningpoolhub has an honest OP. He is quite active and quick to answer support questions. I use miningpoolhub for my Baikal and my scrypt ASIC's, but not my GPU rigs(yet) simply because I want the coins mined by the ASIC's to be converted automatically to BTC, but I don't want the GPU coins converted. I use dwarfpool for ZEC and ETH algos.

Well, Iv got only GPUs. And yes I use dwarfpool for ETH , bcz. they have more hashpower then others, but not for ZEC , they have not mush hashpower.
golden0707

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:16:03 AM

Any advice, how would I get this to auto start up when Windows 10 starts up?

Hi! Create a link to .bat-file, run shell:common startup , place in this windows . Thats it.
That solution will not work if you have a user password. Unfortunately I'm stuck in that situation on one rig(windows isn't registered so it won't let me remove the password) and I have to teamviewer in, which gets windows to the desktop, so the .bat in startfolder loads Sad

EDIT: After posting my reply I reread and noticed a slight difference. I have my shortcut in shell:startup, not shell:common startup. I see that using common startup is in the ProgramData tree, instead of the AppData tree. So I'll have to test it.

Hmmmm.... I have same situation. W 10 with teamviewer, Windows not registered. Windows autostarts , .bat starts automaticaly.

All ive done : remove user password, remove power sleep, remove auto lock screen, put link in autostart. Have hardware watchdog installed and all going fine for months.   
My bet it is because of the difference between shell:startup and shell:common startup. My guess would be that since shell:common startup is in the Program Data folder tree, W10 runs it more like a service so it starts at bootup BEFORE you visit the desktop using team viewer. I'll test it a bit and try to remember to post results. I've put a shortcut into the shell:common startup since I have frequent power outages(3-4 times a month grrrrr) and see what happens. With the shortcut in shell:startup you have to sign into the desktop before the .bat gets activated.

Thanks for the tip about shell:startup, I think the same. Then I searched Internet for the autostart method they allmost all pointed to shell:common startup.
oldisoft

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

https://iota.org/

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:18:10 AM

Hi Friends!

Cheers

Well, Iv got only GPUs. And yes I use dwarfpool for ETH , bcz. they have more hashpower then others, but not for ZEC , they have not mush hashpower.

I see, but it was for me quite good profit before and what happened now?
Why I lost half of my profit ?

awrelll

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:23:14 AM

Anyone getting this error ?

str error 10
Xardas2014

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:29:40 AM

Hi Friends!

Cheers

There is a fallacy commonly believed by miners......that pool hash rate makes a difference to your earnings. Being on a high hash rate pool means they find more blocks, but those mined coined have to be split among a LOT of miners. Being on a smaller hash rate pool means you find less blocks, but you get more coins per block since the mined coins are shared among fewer miners. Over time it is a wash, same same, no difference at all. So the pool you choose simply needs to be stable with an honest pool op. Size is irrelevant. Dwarfpool consistently pays a hash rate that is like what your miner shows. Flypool, coinmine.pl, suprnova normally pay a hash rate less than what the miner shows.
golden0707

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:36:42 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2016, 07:58:33 AM by golden0707

Hi Friends!

Anybody is on miningpoolhub?   What wrong with it? It made me just half of my day profit of 24/7...

Cheers

There is a fallacy commonly believed by miners......that pool hash rate makes a difference to your earnings. Being on a high hash rate pool means they find more blocks, but those mined coined have to be split among a LOT of miners. Being on a smaller hash rate pool means you find less blocks, but you get more coins per block since the mined coins are shared among fewer miners. Over time it is a wash, same same, no difference at all. So the pool you choose simply needs to be stable with an honest pool op. Size is irrelevant. Dwarfpool consistently pays a hash rate that is like what your miner shows. Flypool, coinmine.pl, suprnova normally pay a hash rate less than what the miner shows.

But what about the luck . Isnt it such thing: all pools start to find next block , the one with more hashpower do it faster then others and gets all reward. Others with less hashpower have to be lucky to find it first. Am I wrong ?
Hotmetal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:59:53 AM

But what about the luck . Isnt it such thing: all pools start to find next block , the one with more hashpower do it faster then others and gets all reward. Others with less hashpower have to be lucky to find it first. Am I wrong ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/282tsb/mining_in_a_small_pool_is_statistically_as/

Hotmetal

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:03:46 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/282tsb/mining_in_a_small_pool_is_statistically_as/

"if they're honest then yes, you really do earn slightly more at larger pools, and decreased cognitive costs are a real issue"
"p2pool has huge costs to run in practice for real miners - just setting it up sucks up time for instance, and it's design means that those with lower latency than others get an unfair advantage"
"so basically the thing is a pool will never orphan themselves, which means given a x% orphan rate, the pool with 50% hashing power has x/2% higher revenue"
Xardas2014

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:06:05 AM

[/quote]There is a fallacy commonly believed by miners......that pool hash rate makes a difference to your earnings. Being on a high hash rate pool means they find more blocks, but those mined coined have to be split among a LOT of miners. Being on a smaller hash rate pool means you find less blocks, but you get more coins per block since the mined coins are shared among fewer miners. Over time it is a wash, same same, no difference at all. So the pool you choose simply needs to be stable with an honest pool op. Size is irrelevant. Dwarfpool consistently pays a hash rate that is like what your miner shows. Flypool, coinmine.pl, suprnova normally pay a hash rate less than what the miner shows.
[/quote]

But what about the luck . Isnt it such thing: all pools start to find next block , the one with more hashpower do int faster then others and gets all reward. Others with less hashpower have to be lucky to find it first. Am I wrong ?
[/quote]You are not wrong, but you are wrong lol. Rarely would your scenario come into play. When a new block is released to the network for solving, the previous block(and often a few blocks before that) hasn't been solved yet. The pools then send commands to miners to drop working on the current block and start working on the new block. (In a multipool your miner might be sent a command to stop work and switch to a completely different coin while other miners remain.) This has the effect of spreading hash over several blocks being mined and drastically reduces the impact of "luck" because pools don't want to rely on luck either.
golden0707

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:14:05 AM

[/quote]

But what about the luck . Isnt it such thing: all pools start to find next block , the one with more hashpower do int faster then others and gets all reward. Others with less hashpower have to be lucky to find it first. Am I wrong ?
[/quote]You are not wrong, but you are wrong lol. Rarely would your scenario come into play. When a new block is released to the network for solving, the previous block(and often a few blocks before that) hasn't been solved yet. The pools then send commands to miners to drop working on the current block and start working on the new block. (In a multipool your miner might be sent a command to stop work and switch to a completely different coin while other miners remain.) This has the effect of spreading hash over several blocks being mined and drastically reduces the impact of "luck" because pools don't want to rely on luck either.

Thanks for comprehensive answer. Il keep it in mind.
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:18:20 AM

Dec 23 18:31:40 rig zecminer64[2097]: ZEC: Share accepted (2 ms)!
Dec 23 18:31:41 rig zecminer64[2097]: server: bind failed with error: 98, next attempt in 10sec...
Dec 23 18:31:51 rig zecminer64[2097]: server: bind failed with error: 98, next attempt in 10sec...
On linux. Any idea what is 98 error?

It's related to "-mport" option for remote management, use "-mport 0" or change port number.

Anyone getting this error ?
str error 10

Copy all files, some miner file is missed.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
Unikol

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 09:12:09 AM

Claymore, you should have a good holiday. Do not work too hard.
tide881155

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 09:59:03 AM

Quote from: tide881155 on December 22, 2016, 10:32:25 PM
I have just 225 s/h on my ref rx 480 8gb. I am using eliovp rom... Energylowok. Plz who can help to link rom atleast ~245 s/h? I have two kids, i do not have any time for experimenting with timing with my 34 rx 480:(

Look here or ask here https://forum.z.cash/t/anoraks-vbios-collection-optimized-settings-for-performance-power-saving/8347 for zec Mining modded bios .

you can get some real good help here with no Issues.  id offer some help but my bios is custom, i did it my self for a power color red dragon 480 4gb and don't like offer to do it for anyone for  reason beyond my control that card was a bitch to get just right .
I even bricked it a few times trying different bios setting.

RX 480 8G doing 265-270 sol , stock miner settings, 1165 core, 2000 mem
380 4G doing 170 sol, 1075/1500
290 310 sol, 1000/1250.

Ubuntu 14.04

nice job Claymore

Greetings

How did u get this hashes on 480???265-270! omg... did u use reference one?

me to considering the drivers Claymore says use don't support 480 ? . if he using mixed cards thats got to be hard and take lot of time to set up right.

I'll stay with windows because end the end they all about the same .
With Linux you'll need Tahiti, R9 280 or better cards, for easier setup with the RX series, weird though that they choose to leave the 78xx/ 79xx of Tahiti's out though.

SO the drivers work with the R9 280 non X version that work with the RX 400 series now ?. and your right it depends on what card you are trying to use . Smiley.

I haven't tired  the new amdgpupro drivers yet or looked at what they support with 16.5 some thing or some thing like that.

I'll check .

thanks top .

thank you a lot.
chronek

Activity: 273

BD People Are Legend

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 10:50:49 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2016, 11:10:13 AM by chronek

I think, that Claymore can stop develop new version of miner. This h|s is ok. Yeap?

If he still getting developer fee then he should still develop more

To use analogy - if you are going to cinema to see your favorite movie second or third time, do you expect to see new version of it each time?

It is not pay version:
This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 2% if you use secure SSL/TLS connection to mining pool, every hour the miner mines for 72 seconds for developer.
so You not pay for using claymore, it is not a ticket for a cinema service. But it have developer fee, so you spend some % of profit to see some development. I expect that miner will be developed futher

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Supported by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
John McAfee     
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Nippy-ua

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 10:53:00 AM

Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v9.2 Beta - LINUX
max Support GPU ?
rawbert

Activity: 199

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 12:18:22 PM

Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v9.2 Beta - LINUX
max Support GPU ?

Pages: « 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... 760 »
  Print  

Jump to: