Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:58:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: InflationCoin - IFLT - 4% POS - SourceForge Project of the week 2018  (Read 96787 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Johnny Carsonogenic

Activity: 537
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:05:56 PM

The reduction of the reward has not reactivated this currency. It seems clear that there is not too much demand. A pity we will see if there are new developments to come.

could have little patience on devs and procress.

Agreed. I think staking and waiting for 2018 and its new cycle is the best answer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YaYMiner

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:45:35 PM

The reduction of the reward has not reactivated this currency. It seems clear that there is not too much demand. A pity we will see if there are new developments to come.

could have little patience on devs and procress.

Agreed. I think staking and waiting for 2018 and its new cycle is the best answer.

I agree with that. I will just keep staking and hope for the best. Even at such a low price i don't see this coin dying because of the active community and so many people staking, keeping the chain alive. I think for this reason exchanges don't unlist the coin, because they do see a future for it.

We also have to remember with the rise of Bitcoin its hard for a coin like this to gain momentum with the current market prices.

I only stake about 5500000 million coins and even at 80% i still get great staking rewards and its a fun coin to stake no matter what.

I don't get discouraged when devs are silent for a little while either because it could tell us that they are working on future developments for this coin. So we'll just have to wait and see but i will remain a dedicated Inflationcoin fan Smiley
DarkStar1O9 (OP)

Activity: 489
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 11:57:32 PM

@Darkstar, please, what is the latest source? Simple question.

The hub mode version has some additional seed nodes added besides the main changes but besides that, on the main source code page https://github.com/FermiGBM/inflationcoin had the latest qt version updated and cryptochat's nodes hardcoded in from the developer's original repository. I also already answered this question earlier in the thread.

ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:23:28 AM

@Darkstar, please, what is the latest source? Simple question.

The hub mode version has some additional seed nodes added besides the main changes but besides that, on the main source code page https://github.com/FermiGBM/inflationcoin had the latest qt version updated and cryptochat's nodes hardcoded in from the developer's original repository. I also already answered this question earlier in the thread.
Alright, thanks for the confirmation. I used the FermiGBM code for the Pi, so that can be used further then.
MadMac

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:40:13 AM

The blockchain download on the OrangePi finally completed after some days. Seems what takes time is the computing of the data, not the data itself, at least my impression. Importing the private key also took a while. But I guess that is normal on such limited hardware.

Good news is, staking is finally up and running, I try with 5m IFLT first, should throw something out tomorrow I hope.

Code:
~$ ifltd getstakinginfo
{
    "enabled" : true,
    "staking" : true,
    "errors" : "",
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 589.57079088,
    "search-interval" : 1,
    "weight" : 14692242,
    "netstakeweight" : 43266497758,
    "expectedtime" : 176691
}

Memory usage ~60% from 512MB. This is shared with Pi-Hole and running DHCP server. Probably could get another wallet staking too before memory is used up.

Johnny Carsonogenic

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:49:55 PM

Excellent update. I have a few rpi3's sitting around and its been months ive been thinking about running them for staking.
MadMac

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:02:59 PM

I'm still testing, it has a number of SD read/write accesses, which I don't really like. I just see the blinking LED. It's not swapping though. So maybe the Pihole reading from its database. Anyways, SD cards are cheap.

I can upload the iflt daemon, the headless one. I run it on DietPi, that is Debian and should also work on the Raspberry.
CryptoGrinder

Activity: 207

DEEPONION - NO ICO

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:30:13 PM

Yes, absolutely agree to this. The volume is basically gone as nobody wants to sell for subSatoshis and rather sit on their stash of coins. It would go hand in hand, price moves, trading moves the price and vice versa.

Just need to get this started somehow and make it interesting. Could be connected do a project, for instance micropayments. But this needs a huge effort as it would mean real world deployment, not just playing around online with some artificial coin with no use.

Integration with TOR may be something that could be done, people are interested in such things, look at the DeepOnion hype. And they did not really anything else than copying code from BitcoinPlus and some others. Could also be done for IFLT.

DeepOnion hype is real!  I feel like I only see it because I'm super into it, but it feels good to see it being talked about elsewhere!  However, it is full of features... I don't think TOR alone would save IFLT.  The strength of IFLT is the wallet!  I'd love to see more wallet features and upgrades.

You should already be able to use the InflationCoin client with TOR or VPN through standard software. The Bitcoin wiki also gives instructions here on how to connect to an enabled TOR server connection through the proxy settings for running your client/node as a hidden service.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tor
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/tor.md

That's interesting!  Good to know.

I appreciate that it is built in to Onion, but it is certainly neat that you can add it yourself to things!

Which brings me to IFLT again, I appreciate its wallet and I see a lot of people here liking it too!  I like the idea of tweaking the wallet and making it better all the time.  What wallet features does IFLT lack that you'd like to see?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DarkStar1O9 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 09:04:52 PM

Yes, absolutely agree to this. The volume is basically gone as nobody wants to sell for subSatoshis and rather sit on their stash of coins. It would go hand in hand, price moves, trading moves the price and vice versa.

Just need to get this started somehow and make it interesting. Could be connected do a project, for instance micropayments. But this needs a huge effort as it would mean real world deployment, not just playing around online with some artificial coin with no use.

Integration with TOR may be something that could be done, people are interested in such things, look at the DeepOnion hype. And they did not really anything else than copying code from BitcoinPlus and some others. Could also be done for IFLT.

DeepOnion hype is real!  I feel like I only see it because I'm super into it, but it feels good to see it being talked about elsewhere!  However, it is full of features... I don't think TOR alone would save IFLT.  The strength of IFLT is the wallet!  I'd love to see more wallet features and upgrades.

You should already be able to use the InflationCoin client with TOR or VPN through standard software. The Bitcoin wiki also gives instructions here on how to connect to an enabled TOR server connection through the proxy settings for running your client/node as a hidden service.

I appreciate that it is built in to Onion, but it is certainly neat that you can add it yourself to things!

Which brings me to IFLT again, I appreciate its wallet and I see a lot of people here liking it too!  I like the idea of tweaking the wallet and making it better all the time.  What wallet features does IFLT lack that you'd like to see?

For next generation features if possible, we're looking to upgrade to the new Litecoin wallet after it's released. Here is the concept design overview by Franklyn.

https://medium.com/litecoin-foundation/redesigning-litecoin-core-with-lightning-capabilities-3a8ebbea590a

For the standard wallet that's out right now, we're looking implement a transaction mixer for more confidential or private operations. The current mobile wallet also has some cosmetic issues that are going to be ironed out in future versions.

YaYMiner

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:32:56 AM

For next generation features if possible, we're looking to upgrade to the new Litecoin wallet after it's released. Here is the concept design overview by Franklyn.

https://medium.com/litecoin-foundation/redesigning-litecoin-core-with-lightning-capabilities-3a8ebbea590a

For the standard wallet that's out right now, we're looking implement a transaction mixer for more confidential or private operations. The current mobile wallet also has some cosmetic issues that are going to be ironed out in future versions.

Thank you for the update Smiley
MadMac

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:04:34 AM

That is great news, DarkStar! Looking forward to the next leap for mankind Smiley
kiddo

Activity: 546
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:27:59 PM

Awesome news! Thanks for the updates dev.
Maybe this is the reason why the price of inflation coin rised, hope it will recover again to the 2-3 sats mark.
Keep the good work!
MadMac

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:33:10 PM

Found a small bug today. You cannot send more than 100 million IFLT at once. The wallet goes an strike when trying Smiley. Need to split in smaller amounts.
DarkStar1O9 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 03:03:43 PM

Found a small bug today. You cannot send more than 100 million IFLT at once. The wallet goes an strike when trying Smiley. Need to split in smaller amounts.

Not really a bug, just a limit on transactions set by the original developer.

kabarbogor

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:17:09 PM

Maybe this is the reason why the price of inflation coin rised, hope it will recover again to the 2-3 sats mark.
Keep the good work!

Inflation Coin is stable coin cheap and market cap is growth

Today Market Cap 06/12/2017
$1,487,744 USD
117 BTC
Volume (24h)
$839 USD
0.07 BTC
Circulating Supply
33,851,140,450 IFLT
MadMac

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:17:25 PM

Ok, so I have too many then  Grin
ddude

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:21:27 PM

Keep the good work!

thats the hope,
currently there are no buy orders even at .1 sat at coinsmarket

CoinTracking.info CoinTracking.info - Your Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Calculator for all Digital Currencies
Simply the best way to track your digital assets accurately. Get live data for more than 5000 coins, assets and commodities. Track Gains & Balances from all your exchanges and wallets.
Need help? CoinTracking FAQ
CryptoGrinder

Activity: 207

DEEPONION - NO ICO

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:22:34 PM

Darkstar,

Looking into wallet upgrades is very much appreciated!  Thanks for your community involvement.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Johnny Carsonogenic

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:32:38 PM

Noted. No moving 100mm IFLT...

But really. Good to see some communication and convo here. I look forward to those graphical updates on the wallet and what next year holds.
YaYMiner

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:38:30 AM

Noted. No moving 100mm IFLT...

But really. Good to see some communication and convo here. I look forward to those graphical updates on the wallet and what next year holds.

Once the update comes, and i do believe the dev is hard at work doing it, we will see a little spike in inflation. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: