Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:02:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317677 times)
amdk

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:01:14 PM

Normally stolen goods are illegal in consequence, if not returned to their rightful owners; so an expert opinion from a qualified lawyer would be a good thing indeed.

This qualified lawyer should be also a crypto expert and understand the nature of decentralised projects. In fact there is a lack of laws in this field yet.
Anyway if rightful owners want to burn coins, it's quite simple and fair. Or we can discuss it for years and while we are discussing, coins could be stolen again.
Better really burn them asap.

Really trying to make this the last message regarding it; we could get in contact with the 'Cryptsy Cryptocurrency Administrator' (email at bottom of http://www.cryptsysettlement.com/) asking their advice; standard 2 weeks to reply, if this time lapses; burn them.

Vassilis? What do you think?

james

for lawyer, maybe you guys can also get in touch with Max Keiser, the journalist, he hosts lots of crypto lawyers on his show, maybe he can forward Vassilis to a proper experienced one.

but for now that wallet should be offline on a system without internet connection. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:08:21 PM

I lost 57 million mooncoins from Cryptsy Sad, reallly wish I could get those back.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 11:18:26 PM

I lost 57 million mooncoins from Cryptsy Sad, reallly wish I could get those back.

I had lost many more coins at Cryptsy.

But what will be better, say, you have now 20 million coins and their price is 7 Sat.
Or you have 20+57=77 coins and their price is below 1 Sat due to dumping.
Or even worse: if coins go to the court, you have only some miserable compensation in BTC or in USD for that.

But the point is not what we want. The point is what is fair and what is really legal and wise in this situation.
In my opinion, burning coins if majority of their holders agrees with that right now, is legal and fair.

coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:24:54 PM

Normally stolen goods are illegal in consequence, if not returned to their rightful owners; so an expert opinion from a qualified lawyer would be a good thing indeed.

This qualified lawyer should be also a crypto expert and understand the nature of decentralised projects. In fact there is a lack of laws in this field yet.
Anyway if rightful owners want to burn coins, it's quite simple and fair. Or we can discuss it for years and while we are discussing, coins could be stolen again.
Better really burn them asap.

Be it cryptocoins or any other goods. The law is the same. If they are stolen, they are illegal goods, as long as they are not returned to the legitimate owner. I'd recommend to ask your lawyer.

And if even one of the legitimate owners does not agree to burn them, which makes them lost forever, it could be that the decision-makers of this could be held liable for the loss of that person afterwards. As said, better ask a qualified lawyer, before making this decision.

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:26:09 PM

But what will be better, say, you have now 20 million coins and their price is 7 Sat.
Or even worse: if coins go to the court, you have only some miserable compensation in BTC or in USD for that.

But the point is not what we want. The point is what is fair and what is really legal and wise in this situation.
In my opinion, burning coins if majority of their holders agrees with that right now, is legal and fair.

The point is, what is legal and what is not.

Vassilis_Dev

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:31:39 PM

Please, community forgive me for my silence!

My life 2 days now is a real nightmare!
I get pm's from threats until asking money!
I check every few minutes if anything missing from the account!
The wallet is shield with the key and are not in network from yesterday.
Now is in my law consultants hands in privacy and secured for my personal safety.

Facts:
The 1st wave started after the announcement of the new dev(me)
The 1st wave used the old wallet.(the new wasn't working - in previous post i have post the commit/fix which published 1 day after the wave)
The last wave which came to my account happened ~1 day or less after my last communication with exchangers which ask them if they can block a series of addresses/transactions.(I have no reply yet from both)(I guess I'm in their list now! Cheesy)
angel55

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:36:49 PM

I would at least like to get my 57 million mooncoins back that were stolen from crypsty.

2TdPqxrJMAmbUVqUssAAKfJ7YQNtmEbtCV
amdk

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:37:15 PM

Now is in my law consultants hands in privacy and secured for my personal safety.

Facts:
The 1st wave used the old wallet.(the new wasn't working - in previous post i have post the commit/fix which published 1 day after the wave)
The last wave which came to my account happened ~1 day or less after my last communication with exchangers which ask them if they can block a series of addresses/transactions.(I have no reply yet from both)(I guess I'm in their list now! Cheesy)

Get in touch with Max Keiser to get some info on cryto/blockchain expert lawyer. I don't think normal lawyer will be able to handle it, but that's just my suggestion, do what you think is best for you, the community and the future of this crypto.
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 11:38:32 PM

I would at least like to get my 57 million mooncoins back that were stolen from crypsty.

http://www.cryptsysettlement.com/

my father wears sneakers in the pool
polemarhos888

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

To The Moon !

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:42:34 PM

Facts:

Good morning ! I have a question: Do you imagine that to receive in your lucky Moon address (in your signature) some extra billion coins...?  Smiley
I believe that you will do the best in this case ! 

angel55

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:48:34 PM

http://www.cryptsysettlement.com/

Ya looks like its too late for me, I was out of crypto for a long time after losing those crypsty coins out of sheer anger.  I would be ok with a  verified burn and then the total supply would be lower anyways.
Vassilis_Dev

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:50:31 PM

Facts:

Good morning ! I have a question: Do you imagine that to receive in your lucky Moon address (in your signature) some extra billion coins...?  Smiley
I believe that you will do the best in this case ! 

You know..
Be careful what you wishing!!
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 11:50:31 PM

What is legal in one jurisdiction, could be illegal in another.
Generally laws are based on ethics and fairness.
If there is a lack of crypto laws, it's okay to act according to fairness and ethics.

These coins were already returned to the community and are in hands of our dev at the moment.
The majority of their holders decided already to burn coins.
If someone wants to get his/her coins and not burn them, even if major holders want to burn their coins, then please tell now.
But in this case he/she should have a legal proof that he/she is a legitimate owner of some amount of these coins.

polemarhos888

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

To The Moon !

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:55:41 PM

If there is a lack of crypto laws, it's okay to act according to fairness and ethics.

These coins were already returned to the community and are in hands of our dev at the moment.
If someone wants to get his/her coins and not burn them, even if major holders want to burn their coins, then please tell now.
But in this case he/she should have a legal proof that he/she is a legitimate owner of some amount of these coins.

I agree 100% with you in this case ! All these people who want his lost coins (from cryptsy) back, must be have a document as a legal proof that they are the really owners of these coins.

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:01:08 AM

As Vassilis is living in a European country - no banana state -, burning the coins with even one owner being against it, could leave recourse claims against him. So I'd recommend all here to stop requiring burning of the coins, as Vassilis is the only one who can decide this and no one should be angry and blame him, if he decides to give the coins to the authorities, as his lawyers most probably will advise him.

paulus59

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:09:57 AM

wel hmm got a error within the latest version mooncoin wallet :

has triggered forbiddentx alert (n=1481, txdebug=3204) in debug log ,

is this the case that my deposit mooncoin wallet is offline at bleutrade ? it can send my coins over there ?
barrysty1e

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 12:13:39 AM

is this the case that my deposit mooncoin wallet is offline at bleutrade ? it can send my coins over there ?

this is the function performing normally.
it actually flared up quite a bit this evening; it is dropping/preventing the transactions from entering mempool (ready to be committed to a block), if the given transaction matches one in a list of hashes.

edit: it doesnt mean that its dropped a transaction you've made, it means that another node has attempted to relay a transaction to your node, but your node has dropped it from mempool.

what is the transaction id for the transaction you're having issues with?

james

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 12:17:07 AM

Coins are not goods, and they were returned to our community, so they are not stolen at the moment.
Of course, now when they are returned, only their rightful owners can decide what to do with them, otherwise, they really will be stolen.

But another thing is that coins in fact were blocked/frozen, so it's like they are out of supply and are 'unofficial coins' now.
Remember that investors were investing because they believed these coins were frozen, maybe the price of Mooncoin never went to these levels without that,
so to 'unfreeze' them means that the decision-makers of this could be held liable for the loss of these investors afterwards.

So these coins are not Mooncoins, they are 'unofficial, frozen Mooncoins' which should be burnt, just to stay out of supply forever.

paulus59

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:24:54 AM

is this the case that my deposit mooncoin wallet is offline at bleutrade ? it cant send my coins over there ?

this is the function performing normally.
it actually flared up quite a bit this evening; it is dropping/preventing the transactions from entering mempool (ready to be committed to a block), if the given transaction matches one in a list of hashes.

edit: it doesnt mean that its dropped a transaction you've made, it means that another node has attempted to relay a transaction to your node, but your node has dropped it from mempool.

what is the transaction id for the transaction you're having issues with?

james

hi james this is the transaction id :   742979eeef9719b998ee35f8687f0f3b3e77ae3f023f6919b5fdf3684e508d63

[edit]  in wallet it says at transactions wallet is offline ? :  Status: 0/offline, is nog niet met succes uitgezonden   ( its not by send succesfull )  its in dutch btw

barrysty1e

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 12:29:04 AM

hi james this is the transaction id :   742979eeef9719b998ee35f8687f0f3b3e77ae3f023f6919b5fdf3684e508d63
[edit]  in wallet it says at transactions wallet is offline ?

ok, this generally means that the transaction wasn't broadcast, possibly due to network failure - as i can't see it in mempool at the moment.

at the console:
getrawtransaction 742979eeef9719b998ee35f8687f0f3b3e77ae3f023f6919b5fdf3684e508d63
(it will dump a very long hex number, copy this to clipboard)
sendrawtransaction <long hex number>

if you receive a tx rejected; you may have to rescan your wallet, as the funds haven't left yours.
if you receive a tx decode error, you mightve accidentally put another character in the string.

Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: