April 27, 2024, 10:09:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 22852 22853 22854 22855 22856 22857 22858 22859 22860 22861 22862 22863 22864 22865 22866 22867 22868 22869 22870 22871 22872 22873 22874 22875 22876 22877 22878 22879 22880 22881 22882 22883 22884 22885 22886 22887 22888 22889 22890 22891 22892 22893 22894 22895 22896 22897 22898 22899 22900 22901 [22902] 22903 22904 22905 22906 22907 22908 22909 22910 22911 22912 22913 22914 22915 22916 22917 22918 22919 22920 22921 22922 22923 22924 22925 22926 22927 22928 22929 22930 22931 22932 22933 22934 22935 22936 22937 22938 22939 22940 22941 22942 22943 22944 22945 22946 22947 22948 22949 22950 22951 22952 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368678 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 05:59:34 AM

Dont worry..there is a possibility we A) have already done this or B) get a chance to do it all again. Conjugation, Booleans, Hamiltonians and Symmetry oh my...

Arrow of Time and its Reversal on IBM Quantum Computer.
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1712.10057.pdf

Sheeit, you kids think you got problems now with block sizes, bandwidth and data migration...just wait until we have to store and reconstruct temporal timelines.

I see your "five" and raise you "ten": "there is no single objective reality"
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/613092/a-quantum-experiment-suggests-theres-no-such-thing-as-objective-reality/

They use these six entangled photons to create two alternate realities—one representing Wigner and one representing Wigner’s friend. Wigner’s friend measures the polarization of a photon and stores the result. Wigner then performs an interference measurement to determine if the measurement and the photon are in a superposition.

The experiment produces an unambiguous result. It turns out that both realities can coexist even though they produce irreconcilable outcomes, just as Wigner predicted.

Could be used in an argument with a spouse/gf? ....Nah.

Hah!  Indeed, its funny you brought this up...I was going to whip it out during that little spat I was having with btcmillionaire. I demand Wigner testing!
You sure should bring that up. Because you act as if you found "the" truth by personally attacking me. I'm literally establishing that we don't have found any such thing and that we should keep looking for all aspects of the problem to better understand the situation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:11:04 AM

https://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/ltb-390-exploring-californias

potheads fekking up everythang  Roll Eyes  lols
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2417

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:14:00 AM

They like Blockchain but Bitcoin... Tongue

They don't like bitcoin because they think it should be called "money" only if there is a central bank printing it.

If a CB acknowledged btc as money, it would be like signing their own death certificate.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:15:42 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Toxic2040 (1)

Does the intercept of the exponent and logarithmic regression curves represents the likely future peak (at around 80K)?

That $80k peak makes me drool.

I also expect the top to be at between $80k and 100k and time frame looks alright too. 2022 is also pretty OK for me.

If you haven't yet, you should also see Trace Mayer's interview from 21st Feb '19.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC5im-hiHXo

The institutional money is still not in the game and they won't be till they fix the legal stuff. Be glad, even at these price levels, we are still the early adopters.

"Proof of keys" is going to end up WAAAAAAY more important than most think.  Because eventually it will be a tradition that will DESTROY the institutional "taming" of Bitcoin.

The first one was just for fun really... but Coinbase moved 3 billion dollars because of the first one of these.

In years to come this event will prove to be a HUGE wake up call for institutions.

PS.  You want to be holding your own keys before AND after this event.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10179

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:17:08 AM
Merited by Toxic2040 (1)

[edited out]
I'm not talking about manners here. I don't fucking care what kind of fucking language use or how you fucking act while presenting an argument.

Hahahahhaha

Did you get enough "fuck(s)" in there to make your point?

It's about people putting truth behind emotional horseshit and tribalism.

Sounds like you are getting emotional yourself about a certain kind of style.  I was attempting to talk about jbreher's substance, and I guess I was kind of agreeing with you that he is likeable... but I completely agree that jbreher is worhty to be attacked (because of his ideas and even if sometimes some of the attacks go overboard or are not fair)...  Anyhow, I have not seen too many attacks against jbreher that have gone too far... Not yet, anyhow... unless you want to point out an example of an attack against jbreher that went too far or that he did not deserve.

But I suppose I might be in the minority when saying that truth should be the one thing humans should never compromise on, unless it is to literally save their lives.

I will agree that there is a certain value to truth and genuineness, and jbreher is actually guilty of being disingenuous more than any attacks that I have seen against him.   Furthermore, your seeming attempt to cling onto "truth," and to suggest that some attacks against jbreher are not valid because they are not sufficiently true is coming off as way too abstract to my thinking.  By the way, in 2014 and 2015, purported professor jstolfi used to post in this thread about a lot of ideas and pie in the sky speculations that contained a lot of truths, too, but he was still a fucking relentless troll that camouflaged his bullshit with politeness, academic posturing and misleading by outlining scenarios that had about a snowflake's chance in hill of happening as if they were highly probable... which distracts and misleads people... . and also got real old and repetitious, even if there was some truth and politeness to his ongoing misleading bullshit posts.

Although you appear to be in the same boat based on the fact that you seem to not rule out sitting down with JB over his opposing stances.

I agree with you on some aspects of what you are saying, but I don't really see jbreher being unfairly treated here.  Jbreher frequently defends his position, and is allowed to defend his position, even though a large number of members here will point out the various ways that they disagree with him... in other words, I think that he gets plenty of time, and I don't really agree with defending him as either some kind of victim or as if he is being treated unfairly... again, there might be some instances that you could point out, and I may agree, but no instances are coming to mind for me at this moment.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:17:20 AM

They like Blockchain but Bitcoin... Tongue

They don't like bitcoin because they think it should be called "money" only if there is a central bank printing it.

If a CB acknowledged btc as money, it would be like signing their own death certificate.
I wish we could just let them have the term "money". And then laugh at them for being so antiquated. But I suppose money used to have value when it was backed by something other than promises, so can't really spin up that route.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:19:23 AM

Imposter!!!!!!!

If there is no "weeeee" in your post, then you are not "4 reals."   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:25:03 AM

You sure should bring that up. Because you act as if you found "the" truth by personally attacking me. I'm literally establishing that we don't have found any such thing and that we should keep looking for all aspects of the problem to better understand the situation.

hrmmm..   ...Nah.

Whilst I agree reluctantly with your premise..you personally paint too easy of a target and I choose not to resist my baser instincts.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:25:40 AM

Imposter!!!!!!!

If there is no "weeeee" in your post, then you are not "4 reals."   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

you even bitcorn brvh?..where adam? weeeeee

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:36:50 AM

[edited out]
I'm not talking about manners here. I don't fucking care what kind of fucking language use or how you fucking act while presenting an argument.

Hahahahhaha

Did you get enough "fuck(s)" in there to make your point?

Sounds like you are getting emotional yourself about a certain kind of style.  I was attempting to talk about jbreher's substance, and I guess I was kind of agreeing with you that he is likeable... but I completely agree that jbreher is worhty to be attacked (because of his ideas and even if sometimes some of the attacks go overboard or are not fair)...  Anyhow, I have not seen too many attacks against jbreher that have gone too far... Not yet, anyhow... unless you want to point out an example of an attack against jbreher that went too far or that he did not deserve.
Like I said, I don't care about the medium of delivery.
Flowery words to me are no more than a different language that employs words of other languages. Fucking = very, retarded = mindless. I personally prefer using strong language because I've grown up in that kind of environment, so sticking with it reduces friction of communication for me.
I use it with a smile on my face, unless some dumbass is in front of me that would get physical because his tiny dick would fall off otherwise. Or in professional settings. Obviously not going to go around swearing around professors, except for the two that swear along with me. And in some situations strong language is simply the way to go, namely when an objective debate can't be had because you're being attacked. Then you need to flat out obliterate the idiot to make sure that at least the environment picks up on their lack of rationality and composure.

I will agree that there is a certain value to truth and genuineness, and jbreher is actually guilty of being disingenuous more than any attacks that I have seen against him.   Furthermore, your seeming attempt to cling onto "truth," and to suggest that some attacks against jbreher are not valid because they are not sufficiently true is coming off as way too abstract to my thinking.  By the way, in 2014 and 2015, purported professor jstolfi used to post in this thread about a lot of ideas and pie in the sky speculations that contained a lot of truths, too, but he was still a fucking relentless troll that camouflaged his bullshit with politeness, academic posturing and misleading by outlining scenarios that had about a snowflake's chance in hill of happening as if they were highly probable... which distracts and misleads people... . and also got real old and repetitious, even if there was some truth and politeness to his ongoing misleading bullshit posts.
I don't read every post in this thread, but I see him dealing with the same issue I do in some of the debates here mainly because he's a believer in BCash. Namely people not listening and making up shit on either of our behalf and then derailing themselves from there while trying to claim some fictive moral high ground.

If I caught him making the same kind of argument and had the capacity to identify it as such I would at the very least think the same about his remarks as I've stated here. I simply don't know Bitcoin in-depth enough to make comparisons of the technological aspects, and neither do most of the people here who just repeat talking points. I'll gladly be the first to say that I support Bitcoin Core because of the type of people BCash mostly attracts. Jbreher appears to be a strange exception on this, so I am at least willing to concede that there might be some merit to his claims.

By the way. I would sit down with whatever people would generally be considered "deplorable" and have an argument (= discussion) with them if I knew that it'd be safe for me to do so. I like learning from people, even if I would celebrate their departure from earth in a casket (which really would take some Hitler or ISIS level idiot, or some child rapist or God knows what sort of menace).

If you can't talk to people you disagree with without just focusing on how you could somehow "get at them" or further your own agenda you clearly have no position worth defending or position that you're capable of defending and haven't learned a single damn thing from life. Such a person is just an infantile ape in an adult body.

I agree with you on some aspects of what you are saying, but I don't really see jbreher being unfairly treated here.  Jbreher frequently defends his position, and is allowed to defend his position, even though a large number of members here will point out the various ways that they disagree with him... in other words, I think that he gets plenty of time, and I don't really agree with defending him as either some kind of victim or as if he is being treated unfairly... again, there might be some instances that you could point out, and I may agree, but no instances are coming to mind for me at this moment.
I couldn't care less about defending Jbreher, he can do that himself if he feels the need to. I'm merely talking about the fact that some people make up shit while acting as if they weren't.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:39:28 AM

hrmmm..   ...Nah.

Whilst I agree reluctantly with your premise..you personally paint too easy of a target and I choose not to resist my baser instincts.
You're the most delusional person I have talked to in a while. Are you deliberating or do you lack the level of self-control required to put reason over ego and emotion? Or perhaps you are one of those small amygdala cases Ibian provided me with sources for and simply aren't capable of seeing your own intellectual laziness, dishonesty and hypocrisy?

Sure doesn't seem like you have the capacity to resist any of your baser instincts, other than not throwing a rage fit and breaking your inventory perhaps.

P.S. The sheer fact that you "reluctantly" agree with "my" premise of keeping an open mind says everything that anyone would ever need to know about your current infantile mentality.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12008

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:44:11 AM

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Almost thought LFC was here to tell me how they won 1-3 on munich Smiley
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:47:42 AM

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Almost thought LFC was here to tell me how they won 1-3 on munich Smiley
TBH,LFC doesn't looks hot chick. Cheesy
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:53:50 AM

Dont worry..there is a possibility we A) have already done this or B) get a chance to do it all again. Conjugation, Booleans, Hamiltonians and Symmetry oh my...

Sheeit, you kids think you got problems now with block sizes, bandwidth and data migration...just wait until we have to store and reconstruct temporal timelines.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/613092/a-quantum-experiment-suggests-theres-no-such-thing-as-objective-reality/
Should be self-evident when looking at literally any conversation. Also what I have been saying for a long fucking time. Schools brainwash people into thinking there is such a thing as an "objective reality", when that is merely a useful tool or approach when looking for solutions.

Also why I keep nitpicking on virtually every topic, and certainly not because I want our wildlife to get wiped out as some twits here keep pretending.

I don’t buy all this relativistic business.
2 + 2 = 4 and nothing anyone can say can convince that that is just my subjective experience.  
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:03:34 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2019, 07:20:12 AM by BTCMILLIONAIRE

Should be self-evident when looking at literally any conversation. Also what I have been saying for a long fucking time. Schools brainwash people into thinking there is such a thing as an "objective reality", when that is merely a useful tool or approach when looking for solutions.

Also why I keep nitpicking on virtually every topic, and certainly not because I want our wildlife to get wiped out as some twits here keep pretending.

I don’t buy all this relativistic business.
2 + 2 = 4 and nothing anyone can say can convince that that is just my subjective experience.  
You learn in your first semester of Mathematics that once you define numbers rigorously 2 + 2 quickly becomes 0. They are called finite fields.

Edit: They are also a big part of the reason why you can type your comment in the first place. So whether I can convince you or not does not change the nature of reality.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:20:41 AM

Still plenty of bag filling happening as we continue to trade in a narrow range. This trend of sideways is not showing any immediate signs of weakening as we complete the second week of March but I have the feeling things are going to start changing soon.  #dyor

1h

4h

#stronghands'19

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:51:51 AM

Like I said, I don't care about the medium of delivery.
Flowery words to me are no more than a different language that employs words of other languages. Fucking = very, retarded = mindless. I personally prefer using strong language because I've grown up in that kind of environment, so sticking with it reduces friction of communication for me.

Of course, your choice about how many fuck(s) you want to use.  I was suggesting that you may have gone overboard a bit within one of the last sentences.. but that is your discretion whether you believe that you are communicating what you had intended.    Sometimes the fucks will b more effective when they are only a couple in a paragraph rather than 4 or 5 in the same paragraph... but whatever, that is your choice, ultimately.

I use it with a smile on my face, unless some dumbass is in front of me that would get physical because his tiny dick would fall off otherwise.

i will agree that we might be able to get a way with a higher level of assertiveness over the internet, but if someone is getting to aggressive with me in the physical space, that could be a crime.  You hav heard of assault, right?

Anyhow, it is not necessarily appropriate to get too aggressive with people in civilized circles.

Or in professional settings. Obviously not going to go around swearing around professors, except for the two that swear along with me. And in some situations strong language is simply the way to go, namely when an objective debate can't be had because you're being attacked. Then you need to flat out obliterate the idiot to make sure that at least the environment picks up on their lack of rationality and composure.

i don't know if you win a debate by "obliterating" through swearing, unless you also have addressed points being made by the opponent.  I suppose it depends on circumstances, and I doubt that it is necessary to always win, either.  

I do agree that some strategic use of language can cause emphasis, though.

I don't read every post in this thread, but I see him dealing with the same issue I do in some of the debates here mainly because he's a believer in BCash. Namely people not listening and making up shit on either of our behalf and then derailing themselves from there while trying to claim some fictive moral high ground.

If you are a supporter of bcash, then you should expect to get bashed in this thread, and sometimes unfairly, and the question might not be whether you are right but whether you are relevant to the topics of the thread or if you are merely trying to derail meaningful bitcoin conversation with bcash bullshit talk.  Who cares if there may be some good attributes of bcash and some of their various members, unless you can somehow make it kind of relevant to this thread?

By the way, I doubt anyone reads every post in this thread, but sometimes if we are talking about some kind of issue about posts or posting, it may be good to have an example here and there... otherwise, we may begin to flail with too many generalizations rather than referring to specifics.. to the extent the matter of a BIGBLOCK supporter poster might continue to be relevant beyond merely a general reference.

If I caught him making the same kind of argument and had the capacity to identify it as such I would at the very least think the same about his remarks as I've stated here. I simply don't know Bitcoin in-depth enough to make comparisons of the technological aspects, and neither do most of the people here who just repeat talking points.

If we are spouting out bitcoin talking points, then we are on topic.  If we are spouting out bcash or alt coin talking points we are not, unless we at least attempt to make our talking points relevant without seeming like a shill or a troll, which can successfully be done, especially if you are not in the habit of posting bullshit off-topic stuff, like someone like roach frequently does or at least frequently there is a stretch to the extent his points are quasi-relevant.

I'll gladly be the first to say that I support Bitcoin Core

There should not be any need in this thread to use that extra word, "core" in order to distinguish about what you are talking about.. but I understand sometimes it can clarify ambiguity, but in this thread a vast majority of us seem to understand what is bitcoin without any additional need for the word "core".

because of the type of people BCash mostly attracts.

O.k.  i like to beat up on bcash celebrities as much as anyone else, but I doubt that support or not has to do with what people are on their team, exactly.  What I am trying to say is that there has never really been any effective undermining of the various bitcoin network effects, and whoever the fuck are working on bitcoin are still present and innovating... Yeah, we have disgruntled failures going over to bcash for a variety of reasons, including that they could not figure out a way to work within bitcoin parameters or they wanted to get rich or they wanted to attempt to have a voice with a smaller team, and whatever, who cares?  Let them do their little thing, including trying to fraudulently act as if they are the real bitcoin and mislead peeps.. mostly mislead newbs, but these snake oil aspects are likely going to continue for a long time, and it remains good to call them out for what they are than to sugar coat.

Jbreher appears to be a strange exception on this, so I am at least willing to concede that there might be some merit to his claims.

You sound distracted, and who gives a shit if he is making good points. He can make them somewhere else.  They are rarely relevant in the bitcoin thread.

By the way. I would sit down with whatever people would generally be considered "deplorable" and have an argument (= discussion) with them if I knew that it'd be safe for me to do so.

Fair enough.  Frequently, if you already socialize in the real world, you are going to find plenty of opportunities to meet and discuss with people of differing views.  Sometimes it can be interesting, but sometimes it is a BIG ASS waste of time.  Several years ago, I recall getting coffee with a friend who I thought was ideologically on the same page as me, and then as we were talking, I realized that the approach was much different, and I recall asking what the fuck about how much time was being spent to "study the opposition?" I suggested that it was a BIG ASS waste of time, but I know people are in different places regarding how usefully they believe it is to study certain matters that I might believe to be less interesting and a waste of time. Anyhow, I seem to be deviating, a bit too much.

I like learning from people, even if I would celebrate their departure from earth in a casket (which really would take some Hitler or ISIS level idiot, or some child rapist or God knows what sort of menace).

Sometimes, it can be interesting, but sometimes it is a BIG ass waste of time.

If you can't talk to people you disagree with without just focusing on how you could somehow "get at them" or further your own agenda you clearly have no position worth defending or position that you're capable of defending and haven't learned a single damn thing from life. Such a person is just an infantile ape in an adult body.

I have no problem talking with various other people, but you know that in polite conversation, you need to be careful about talking politics, religion or sex, unless you are clearly engaging with a willing opponent/participant.  You heard the expression, right?  Don't bring those subjects up.... at a social gathering that is supposed to be friendly, unless you are clearly and unambiguously in a consent based interaction.   Otherwise people might consider you as impolite and imposing your views on them.

I couldn't care less about defending Jbreher,

What is your point then?  I thought that was the whole topic?

he can do that himself if he feels the need to.

Of course, he can.

I'm merely talking about the fact that some people make up shit while acting as if they weren't.

Huh?  I thought that we were talking about jbreher and his ideas.  Now you want to say it is about "some people" and that may be where I am getting lost, perhaps?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:09:22 AM

I'm merely talking about the fact that some people make up shit while acting as if they weren't.

Huh?  I thought that we were talking about jbreher and his ideas.  Now you want to say it is about "some people" and that may be where I am getting lost, perhaps?

And has been all along.

You got distracted with your wordy craft, which I then elaborated on. I'm probably going to respond to some aspects of your response later, but for now I need to grab some food among other stuff.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:23:21 AM
Merited by Toxic2040 (1)

Guys. Your petty feuds are super-boring.

Anyway... 24-hour average here:

We're exactly $1000 under the top line at this point. How can we cross it? We can either jump $1000 or go sideways for 3 months. Which is more likely... well... you can guess.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4459

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:23:35 AM

Sitting in an all-night bar (how civilized) in Mex City airport waiting for my morning flight to Cancun.

Trying to cope with severe sleep deprivation, 3 hours sleep in close to 48 hours.

Had 4 Guinness at YYZ, 3 Molsons on the flight down. On my 4th Tecate now trying to stay awake. Damn I wish I had some amphetamine.

Alcohol will have to do.
Pages: « 1 ... 22852 22853 22854 22855 22856 22857 22858 22859 22860 22861 22862 22863 22864 22865 22866 22867 22868 22869 22870 22871 22872 22873 22874 22875 22876 22877 22878 22879 22880 22881 22882 22883 22884 22885 22886 22887 22888 22889 22890 22891 22892 22893 22894 22895 22896 22897 22898 22899 22900 22901 [22902] 22903 22904 22905 22906 22907 22908 22909 22910 22911 22912 22913 22914 22915 22916 22917 22918 22919 22920 22921 22922 22923 22924 22925 22926 22927 22928 22929 22930 22931 22932 22933 22934 22935 22936 22937 22938 22939 22940 22941 22942 22943 22944 22945 22946 22947 22948 22949 22950 22951 22952 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: