April 27, 2024, 09:17:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 31683 31684 31685 31686 31687 31688 31689 31690 31691 31692 31693 31694 31695 31696 31697 31698 31699 31700 31701 31702 31703 31704 31705 31706 31707 31708 31709 31710 31711 31712 31713 31714 31715 31716 31717 31718 31719 31720 31721 31722 31723 31724 31725 31726 31727 31728 31729 31730 31731 31732 [31733] 31734 31735 31736 31737 31738 31739 31740 31741 31742 31743 31744 31745 31746 31747 31748 31749 31750 31751 31752 31753 31754 31755 31756 31757 31758 31759 31760 31761 31762 31763 31764 31765 31766 31767 31768 31769 31770 31771 31772 31773 31774 31775 31776 31777 31778 31779 31780 31781 31782 31783 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
January 30, 2023, 10:32:54 PM

What price drop?
This is the attitude that I and everyone else reading this needs to have Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

But I am serious.  We cannot really have up without some pauses along the way and even some potentially more meaningful corrections... so I am having difficulty seeing down at all if we have a kind of UP that went from $17k-ish to nearly $24k, which is more than 40% to the upside without even reaching an 8% correction yet.

At the time that I typed my earlier response, we were still above $23k - which would have been only a correction of 4% .. so surely noise and even if we now have had more than 4%, I still am going to consider it noise (or maybe even a potential fake out if we do not get more than 8%, which is needing to get below $22,100... and so let's see how $22k holds up - if we get down that far?

Tru dat Jay … someone has to be the voice of reason!
It has been a good run…who can blame traders for locking in profits 😎

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
January 30, 2023, 10:55:37 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

What price drop?
This is the attitude that I and everyone else reading this needs to have Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

But I am serious.  We cannot really have up without some pauses along the way and even some potentially more meaningful corrections... so I am having difficulty seeing down at all if we have a kind of UP that went from $17k-ish to nearly $24k, which is more than 40% to the upside without even reaching an 8% correction yet.

At the time that I typed my earlier response, we were still above $23k - which would have been only a correction of 4% .. so surely noise and even if we now have had more than 4%, I still am going to consider it noise (or maybe even a potential fake out if we do not get more than 8%, which is needing to get below $22,100... and so let's see how $22k holds up - if we get down that far?

Obviously my first day posting… 😝
My Bulltard staircase on the 1month is still in tack … let’s hold Jan 24th 22385 bottom and not turn into a Bart Simpson 😎
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 30, 2023, 11:01:17 PM

Explanation
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
January 30, 2023, 11:04:29 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), JayJuanGee (1)

What does that mean dog?

for me?     btfd?     for you?   unsure?     for bitcoin?      imho...consolidation at EOM is positive as possible fresh inflows approach

dyor

4h

D

stronghands

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
January 30, 2023, 11:38:46 PM

I had some experiences like this in the past, when i was mis/underdiagnosed.
I'd try to get some natural help, for example 5HTP and L-Tyrosin, maybe some Ashwagandha extract too (If you don't get a sore throat from the latter, like a few other people).
Even if it makes you feel only -5/10 it's worth it.

I was giving Rick a long-winded brain-dump approximating the physical sensations, and came up with the following paraphrase.

"It's like all my neurons and synapse pairs are playing a unique high-speed game of Tetris, with only 6 lines of movement room to work with. Every time I want to make a move, every synapse pair has to pause, write out to disk the entire state of the game, and load it back up to the next nearest synapse pair. Unpause the game, and repeat for the next move across every synapse pair in your stupid gray matter.

Also, I'm not sure how this sensation is even possible to contemplate, but my stomach seems to have found a way to turn itself inside out.

Oh, did I mention these axe-splitting headaches?

Furthermore, why is the ground underneath my feet so wobbly? WTF is going on, dude?"

Bleh. It sucks, but I gotta get through this.

Self-improvement by removing an entire combo class of pharmaceuticals out of my system after a couple decades of directed use.

Time to get entirely clean for ranch life (again, and for the rest of our unnatural lives...)

Have been absolutely alcohol sober for quite some time now, and finding I'm really enjoying life a lot more.

For some medication it's easier to gradually reduce the dose rather than suddenly quit. But I'm not a doctor. Don't rely on my advice because WTF do I know?
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2023, 11:54:20 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (10), JayJuanGee (1), HI-TEC99 (1), dragonvslinux (1)

I had some experiences like this in the past, when i was mis/underdiagnosed.
I'd try to get some natural help, for example 5HTP and L-Tyrosin, maybe some Ashwagandha extract too (If you don't get a sore throat from the latter, like a few other people).
Even if it makes you feel only -5/10 it's worth it.

I was giving Rick a long-winded brain-dump approximating the physical sensations, and came up with the following paraphrase.

"It's like all my neurons and synapse pairs are playing a unique high-speed game of Tetris, with only 6 lines of movement room to work with. Every time I want to make a move, every synapse pair has to pause, write out to disk the entire state of the game, and load it back up to the next nearest synapse pair. Unpause the game, and repeat for the next move across every synapse pair in your stupid gray matter.

Also, I'm not sure how this sensation is even possible to contemplate, but my stomach seems to have found a way to turn itself inside out.

Oh, did I mention these axe-splitting headaches?

Furthermore, why is the ground underneath my feet so wobbly? WTF is going on, dude?"

Bleh. It sucks, but I gotta get through this.

Self-improvement by removing an entire combo class of pharmaceuticals out of my system after a couple decades of directed use.

Time to get entirely clean for ranch life (again, and for the rest of our unnatural lives...)

Have been absolutely alcohol sober for quite some time now, and finding I'm really enjoying life a lot more.

For some medication it's easier to gradually reduce the dose rather than suddenly quit. But I'm not a doctor. Don't rely on my advice because WTF do I know?

In 1991 I had a seizure. I was diagnosed with possible epilepsy. I  Was given tegretol .  Fucking shit was so potent I was told to take 100mg every 6 hours  for a week.  Monster headaches.

then 200 mg every 6 hours for a week. monster headaches
then 300 mg every 6 hours for a week. monster headaches
then 400 mg every 6 hours for a week. monster headaches
then 500 mg every 6 hours for a week. monster headaches
then 600 mg every 6 hours for a week. monster headaches.

stayed on it for 18 months.

half of 1991 and all of 1992.

doctor said lets take you off it.

same routine.

drop to 500 mg monster headaches next week
drop to 400 mg monster headaches next week
drop to 300 mg monster headaches next week
drop to 200 mg monster headaches next week
drop to 100 mg monster headaches next week
drop to    0 mg monster headaches

then 31 years later zero seizures and I am fine.

Only saying meds are a bitch.

be careful.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 12:01:27 AM

Explanation
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 12:20:23 AM
Merited by vapourminer (10), Torque (2), Copetech (2), philipma1957 (1), xhomerx10 (1), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), AlcoHoDL (1), DdmrDdmr (1), dragonvslinux (1), OutOfMemory (1)

"Couple decades" use is a fucking BIG issue, in terms of intensity. Your brain is currently lacking all the brainy things (neurotransmitters etc.)  the meds were boosting/preserving. Everything regulated got unregulated.
This is a nasty way for sure, but if you know you want to do it, you simply got to do it to get through it.
If you fail, it won't break you, and you will try again to get out, but differently. So you will finally make it, and that's the most important.
And then you have a chance to live your real life.

A couple decades is indeed a long time of directed therapeutic use, and recent world events, and timing of things have caused me to do a lot of meditation and introspection over the last few months, making me recognize, that in a SHTF situation, I will be utterly compromised for an undetermined amount of time as my system experiences potentially life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. (holy run-on sentence...)

I've recognized I've gained a lot of experience since being prescribed these drugs, learned enough about the diseases and myself, that I believe I am capable of tackling removal of psychotropics from my daily regimen entirely (better coping techniques due to experience, education, meditation, introspection, study...)

I quit cigarettes cold turkey successfully.
I quit drinking alcohol cold turkey successfully.
It's not safe or healthy to quit psychotropics cold turkey successfully. I'm going to need to suffer at each step down. No sense tip-toeing around it. Working with my doctor regularly during this period in time/process.

The truly frightening thing is, that we raised the dose I was on, in hopes of improving a problem, but instead of fixing the problem, it ended up giving me incredible anger issues that we were not able to properly identify until near Christmas.

I sort of became an emotional angry monster for close to a year. A different person entirely almost. It feels very surreal "coming back" to myself - able to maintain control of my emotional self, and able to lean on logic a lot more using meditation and introspection, and generally being way more calmer now.

Had a really brutal argument with Rick where he's desperately like "Why are you being such an asshole to me?" and I sort of broke down into tears and started crying, only able to answer him "I don't know..." and we realized something had gone horribly wrong blah blah blah...

Anyway, I'm a lot better now finishing the second (of many more) step down off of the primary drug, and need to switch over to another drug entirely to replace the primary, to safely begin the transition to 0mg per day.

Secondary titration-down schedule involves spacing out the doses increasing per hour, for a few months, and that's a lot more challenging. Not starting the second step down off that drug until I'm "safely" switched over to the "new" primary two months from now.

It's all fucking retarded, anyway. I get out on the ranch, and it's just impossible to be depressed out there. It's so beautiful, calming, and such a change of pace from city life. I love it out there, and recognize the change of pace will mean I don't need to be on this brain crap any more... I hope... we will see. One month at a time kind of deal until I'm at zero. Not in a hurry to get there, but feel it's important to at least give it an honest try.

For the sake of, well, everyone near and dear to me, I guess. And myself.

I would like to think there is still a lot of fun shit I have left to do with what time God chooses to leave me with, and would be nice to be "clean" again. I've been "polluted" for too long, in a manner of speaking.

Feeling very hopeful and optimistic despite all the horrible shit happening around us.

I still hold grudges like a Yakuza Boss with a multi-generational blood-feud. That part of my logical self remains, I'm just not so emotional about it any more. Remove/block-out/ameliorate the negative energy, and move on with my life.

I would like to think you are never too old to stop improving in some ways.
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2493

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 12:23:30 AM

AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 12:36:59 AM

+1 WOsMerit

+1 WOsMerit
+1 WOsMerit

+1 WOsMerit

+1 WOsMerit

+1 WOsMerit

Steady on otherwise we will have too many WOLEGENDS
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 12:54:59 AM

Probably you don't know much.

Reducing gradually still sounds good though..., although when I reduced my smoking, I did cold turkey, and that has been almost 20 years... but yeah.. each drug is different.

With brain drugs, it could be that if you changed the cucumber into a pickle, you might not be able to change it back to a cucumber... and if you try, you might end up really screwing it up worse.. but we shouldn't give up, right?

right?

right?
Tipeform$

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 12:58:50 AM

Presumably they take local currencies in exchange for either USDTether or BTC.   Otherwise there would be no need for them -  because if anyone already has USDTethter that they can exchange, they can go to anyone or anywhere (online) to make those kinds of transactions.   So an unstated would be that the service is present in order that they are able to go in and out of their local currency, presumably.

If any member has USDT then this is definitely the last chance to buy Bitcoin...

USDT --- BTC

BTC BUY

USDT is a stablecoin.  Stablecoins are the holding  no profit. investments for the time being for BTC Buy.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 01:01:17 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 01:18:49 AM

What price drop?

Obviously my first day posting… 😝
My Bulltard staircase on the 1month is still in tack … let’s hold Jan 24th 22385 bottom and not turn into a Bart Simpson 😎

It's going to do whatever it is going to do, and of course, we have to look at both price and time to try to figure out whether we might believe (or speculate) that buying support is able to move up as fast as the BTC price is moving up, so I suppose that since the BTC price had been suppressed nearly peaking out at 35% below what we had considered to be historical bottoms (the 200-week moving average), then it might seem less necessary that the BTC price "has to" correct back down in meaningful amounts, just to get back to historical bottom prices.....

Yet, in the end, I am not really saying much of anything in terms of a feeling that maybe the BTC price doesn't really need to go through any significant corrections of 8% or greater or even 10% or 25%-30% sometimes will be part of the short-term path towards UPpity.

So, yeah we had a 40% price rise in less than 2 weeks and we have not really had any correction that has been higher than 6% or 7%, so far.. .. so I am not sure if it is necessary or not.. .. sometimes there can be some pausing and taking profits, but then those guys end up getting fucked when they speculate that they are smarter than everyone and they are going to buy back, but the dip does not go low enough to meet their targets, and they end up sitting on the sidelines wishing that they had not sold as much BTC when we end up getting another 40% or more UPpity.. if something like that might end up happening..

and I hardly care on a financial level even though I do get pleasure out of seeing folks get reckt who sell too much BTC too soon.. or they sell in such a way because they believe that they are going to buy back lower.. so I do enjoy witnessing those kinds of happenings.. .. and surely, if some of those sellers on the way up are merely selling BTC without any expectation to buy back lower, then those are the kinds of sellers with whom I can more closely relate.. Yeah.. sell if you want to or you must... but don't expect that you are going to be able to buy back lower. .because you might or you might not be able to buy back lower than the price you sold on the way up.. but hey at least selling on the way up is likely better than selling on the way down in terms of odds that you might be able to buy back lower.. but whether you are actually able to buy back lower or not is far from guaranteed..

Presumably they take local currencies in exchange for either USDTether or BTC.   Otherwise there would be no need for them -  because if anyone already has USDTethter that they can exchange, they can go to anyone or anywhere (online) to make those kinds of transactions.   So an unstated would be that the service is present in order that they are able to go in and out of their local currency, presumably.
If any member has USDT then this is definitely the last chance to buy Bitcoin...

USDT --- BTC

BTC BUY

USDT is a stablecoin.  Stablecoins are the holding  no profit. investments for the time being for BTC Buy.

To the extent that your points make much of any sense Tipeform$, those are different points than the ones that I had made... which I think that my points (to the extent that you might be able to understand them) are reasonable in terms of the purpose of the kiosk that had been spotted.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 01:21:11 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (10), JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

"Couple decades" use is a fucking BIG issue, in terms of intensity. Your brain is currently lacking all the brainy things (neurotransmitters etc.)  the meds were boosting/preserving. Everything regulated got unregulated.
This is a nasty way for sure, but if you know you want to do it, you simply got to do it to get through it.
If you fail, it won't break you, and you will try again to get out, but differently. So you will finally make it, and that's the most important.
And then you have a chance to live your real life.

A couple decades is indeed a long time of directed therapeutic use, and recent world events, and timing of things have caused me to do a lot of meditation and introspection over the last few months, making me recognize, that in a SHTF situation, I will be utterly compromised for an undetermined amount of time as my system experiences potentially life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. (holy run-on sentence...)

I've recognized I've gained a lot of experience since being prescribed these drugs, learned enough about the diseases and myself, that I believe I am capable of tackling removal of psychotropics from my daily regimen entirely (better coping techniques due to experience, education, meditation, introspection, study...)

I quit cigarettes cold turkey successfully.
I quit drinking alcohol cold turkey successfully.
It's not safe or healthy to quit psychotropics cold turkey successfully. I'm going to need to suffer at each step down. No sense tip-toeing around it. Working with my doctor regularly during this period in time/process.

The truly frightening thing is, that we raised the dose I was on, in hopes of improving a problem, but instead of fixing the problem, it ended up giving me incredible anger issues that we were not able to properly identify until near Christmas.

I sort of became an emotional angry monster for close to a year. A different person entirely almost. It feels very surreal "coming back" to myself - able to maintain control of my emotional self, and able to lean on logic a lot more using meditation and introspection, and generally being way more calmer now.

Had a really brutal argument with Rick where he's desperately like "Why are you being such an asshole to me?" and I sort of broke down into tears and started crying, only able to answer him "I don't know..." and we realized something had gone horribly wrong blah blah blah...

Anyway, I'm a lot better now finishing the second (of many more) step down off of the primary drug, and need to switch over to another drug entirely to replace the primary, to safely begin the transition to 0mg per day.

Secondary titration-down schedule involves spacing out the doses increasing per hour, for a few months, and that's a lot more challenging. Not starting the second step down off that drug until I'm "safely" switched over to the "new" primary two months from now.

It's all fucking retarded, anyway. I get out on the ranch, and it's just impossible to be depressed out there. It's so beautiful, calming, and such a change of pace from city life. I love it out there, and recognize the change of pace will mean I don't need to be on this brain crap any more... I hope... we will see. One month at a time kind of deal until I'm at zero. Not in a hurry to get there, but feel it's important to at least give it an honest try.

For the sake of, well, everyone near and dear to me, I guess. And myself.

I would like to think there is still a lot of fun shit I have left to do with what time God chooses to leave me with, and would be nice to be "clean" again. I've been "polluted" for too long, in a manner of speaking.

Feeling very hopeful and optimistic despite all the horrible shit happening around us.

I still hold grudges like a Yakuza Boss with a multi-generational blood-feud. That part of my logical self remains, I'm just not so emotional about it any more. Remove/block-out/ameliorate the negative energy, and move on with my life.

I would like to think you are never too old to stop improving in some ways.

The last sentence sums it up, yep. Growing is our destiny, imo.
That pro-nature move was superb. I grew up in a 10k village, i didn't live in cities bigger than 1 million. Still, the more far from nature, the more troublesome my life.
After moving back into nuture's arms, watchting the deers every day, taking a walk through the woods a couple of yards away from the house, being surprised by the look, eye-in-eye, of the hawk silently sailing through the cold air, passing by, an arm's length above my head. Or, in those clear, warm Summer nights, when the high pitched barking of some young fox, hysterically running away through the forest, because he just got into the electric fence around the chicken coop, is cutting through the silence of the night, while i'm lying under the starry, black sky, listening to the damped, whining noise of the step motors constantly moving that telescope, in sync with the planet's rotation...
Sure, i had to sacrifice some things to get there, but retrospectively, i didn't really need them anyway, and i never missed them here.

Heaven and Hell are both part of a human life, not something one encounters after death.
(Nietzsche, iirc)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 02:01:17 AM

Explanation
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 02:17:54 AM

Probably you don't know much.

You're best off getting medical advice from a doctor.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 03:01:20 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2023, 04:01:17 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2023, 04:05:14 AM

be blocking bud.
Pages: « 1 ... 31683 31684 31685 31686 31687 31688 31689 31690 31691 31692 31693 31694 31695 31696 31697 31698 31699 31700 31701 31702 31703 31704 31705 31706 31707 31708 31709 31710 31711 31712 31713 31714 31715 31716 31717 31718 31719 31720 31721 31722 31723 31724 31725 31726 31727 31728 31729 31730 31731 31732 [31733] 31734 31735 31736 31737 31738 31739 31740 31741 31742 31743 31744 31745 31746 31747 31748 31749 31750 31751 31752 31753 31754 31755 31756 31757 31758 31759 31760 31761 31762 31763 31764 31765 31766 31767 31768 31769 31770 31771 31772 31773 31774 31775 31776 31777 31778 31779 31780 31781 31782 31783 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: