April 27, 2024, 02:46:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17089 17090 17091 17092 17093 17094 17095 17096 17097 17098 17099 17100 17101 17102 17103 17104 17105 17106 17107 17108 17109 17110 17111 17112 17113 17114 17115 17116 17117 17118 17119 17120 17121 17122 17123 17124 17125 17126 17127 17128 17129 17130 17131 17132 17133 17134 17135 17136 17137 17138 [17139] 17140 17141 17142 17143 17144 17145 17146 17147 17148 17149 17150 17151 17152 17153 17154 17155 17156 17157 17158 17159 17160 17161 17162 17163 17164 17165 17166 17167 17168 17169 17170 17171 17172 17173 17174 17175 17176 17177 17178 17179 17180 17181 17182 17183 17184 17185 17186 17187 17188 17189 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368452 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:56:33 PM

Now for you newer guys, something a little different, a wayback machine video on Bitcoin from April 2013.

Notice the outright hostility of the interviewer, while Jeff Berwick keeps his cool.  Cool

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2302645969001/?playlist_id=937116503001#sp=show-clips

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:08:47 PM

Ok, could someone help me please.

With regards to byteball and whatever else......  

I hold a reasonable amount of btc. Not as much as some of the people here but enough to be pretty pissed off if anything happened to them.

I store all on paper wallets (plural)

How would I get my free shit coins?

Proving numerous paper wallets and moving it all around is not what I want to be doing as I was panicking just setting all that up in the first place!!

I'm guessing the answer will be. Well Rjclarke2000 if you don't move it you don't get free shit coins.....

I am open to ideas from people more intelligent than myself.

This is btc related mr Admin Mod as I want more btc.

You would need to use an isolated secure PC, introduce the private keys and generate the signatures that prove you control them. Then copy all the signatures to a flash memory and copy them to your internet connected PC, then do the claim process from it.

Maybe not worth it... it depends on how many BTC you have for each paperwallet.

All that problems would be solved by one or several hardware wallets. The weakness of paperwallets is that any time you need to use them you are exposing the private key to a PC. People doesn't realise that even if they don't regularly "use them" they will have to do it some day in order to claim its BTC.

Ok thanks guys. I may be making a big mistake but I think as I am too worried about moving them about (which I have actually done in the past) I will not bother. I will keep the paper wallets safe and secure and just stay how I am. Some may say I am crazy but some wallets hold more than others and if anything should happen I would be more than upset/ pissed off. I'd probably go on some sort of rampage.

Maybe I'll just keep doing what I am doing and miss the boat this time.

Thanks for the advice but I am not as technical as most here. (More than the average person but not more than some regulars here)
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:13:47 PM

I hold a reasonable amount of btc. Not as much as some of the people here but enough to be pretty pissed off if anything happened to them.

Proving numerous paper wallets and moving it all around is not what I want to be doing as I was panicking just setting all that up in the first place!!

I'm guessing the answer will be. Well Rjclarke2000 if you don't move it you don't get free shit coins.....

You would need to use an isolated secure PC, introduce the private keys and generate the signatures that prove you control them. Then copy all the signatures to a flash memory and copy them to your internet connected PC, then do the claim process from it.

All that problems would be solved by one or several hardware wallets. The weakness of paperwallets is that any time you need to use them you are exposing the private key to a PC. People doesn't realise that even if they don't regularly "use them" they will have to do it some day in order to claim its BTC.

Ok thanks guys. I may be making a big mistake but I think as I am too worried about moving them about (which I have actually done in the past) I will not bother. I will keep the paper wallets safe and secure and just stay how I am. Some may say I am crazy but some wallets hold more than others and if anything should happen I would be more than upset/ pissed off. I'd probably go on some sort of rampage.

Thanks for the advice but I am not as technical as most here. (More than the average person but not more than some regulars here)
That's understandable, better to lose out on some profit than to possibly lose all your coins. I keep most of mine on a hardware wallet so it takes a while to do anything with it.
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:20:09 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2017, 09:35:03 PM by machasm

ECB has hit the nail on the head. It really isn't that difficult and the rewards are quite worth it, particularly since there are going to be quite a few more airdrops in the future.
There is another byteball airdrop scheduled for the 9th July and more on every full moon for the next 6 to 7 months! That equates to a substantial amount of BTC in anyone's book!
Are you located in the South of the UK? If you need help I might be able to help you out as I am situated on the South coast. Not trying to scam anyone btw just trying to help.
ActiveP

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:56:40 PM

The fix is in folks. It looks like a lot of bitcoin users have discovered this great currency called the dollar and are buying it all up. I heard that this dollar thing has a feature where it is made from paper. Bitcoin doesn't have that. Should we upgrade to get more users?

LOL, no kidding sir. So who are these fixers? I guess they've been sleeping for years allowing bitcoin to surge to unprecedented heights. IMO no need o panic, we have all see this before. 

There are different factors at play here, segwit, eths flash crash, panic, FUD and so on and so forth. I hope it dips lower than $2000 so that I can buy me some. Right now I cannot afford to play.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:59:26 PM

According to Clif High we are to begin going parabolic come late June .. Is this the beginning of the road to $13k ?

The market moves wherever there is a large long or short for the exchange owners to front run their clients and squeeze.  If Cliff High wants the price to go up, he better take out a large short.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:03:25 PM

make an empty paper wallet and experiment by signing addresses on that offline. it's really not difficult. as long as you start off doing it right there is no risk. i think it's worth a try myself.
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:12:51 PM

Has Bitfinex got past that loss?

Some continued weakness I think, below $2500 I think shows lost momentum upwards.  Kraken has regained some of its trend, but only beating a previous downtrend line in its reversal.   Huobi looks like its forming some path down for now at least to a lower level of support.  Putting in a lower higher is more bearish looking but thats not yet completed just looks to be doing that.

I drew in a regular channel down for bitstamp, if it breaks out Im more positive then

This is Bitcon, kicking TA's asses since 2009.
17 hours after the quoted statement, right now almost beating $2500 @ Bitfinex and $2505 @ Bitstamp.
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:42:22 PM

Good call, don't mess with your private keys. Leave them sleeping and happy Smiley
sosasnois

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:43:54 PM

According to Clif High we are to begin going parabolic come late June .. Is this the beginning of the road to $13k ?

Link?
sosasnois

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:54:44 PM

Wow, what is going on lol...
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:02:33 AM

Either this has been a massive bear trap and the bull run resumes upward from here, or this is a bull trap coming.

Flip a coin and take your pick.  Wink

(Personally I don't think the downtrend is finished though)
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:04:03 AM

Maybe someone knows something... or maybe enough week hands got shaken after all this dumps. Donno.
JakaE

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 12:07:02 AM

I'm also inclined to think that we might have to test the 2110ish bottom from about two weeks ago before we resume the climb.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10157

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:10:53 AM

Either this has been a massive bear trap and the bull run resumes upward from here, or this is a bull trap coming.

Yep!!!

Flip a coin.    That is be call Koreck!!

There has been pretty intense trade volume over the past couple of weeks in which this dumping has been going on, and surely bears could be running out of coins to dump at those low $2,400 prices.... and seemingly unsuccessful in achieving a third leg down from $2,980?

Maybe the bears can regroup and try again, but if we get into the $2,700s then the bears are going to have difficulties reversing this train...  Agree? .. so maybe currently, around $2,700 and below is the area to watch for a possible reversal?
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:19:01 AM

Maybe the bears can regroup and try again, but if we get into the $2,700s then the bears are going to have difficulties reversing this train...  Agree? .. so maybe currently, around $2,700 and below is the area to watch for a possible reversal?

Well maybe to look at it another way, I'd say that buying pressure would need to breach the ~2600-2630 mark with considerable force (rising volume) to consider us still in a bull run at this point.

Otherwise this is just a falling J-hook pattern seen so many times before...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:20:04 AM

I'm also inclined to think that we might have to test the 2110ish bottom from about two weeks ago before we resume the climb.

There is no "have to" in bitcoin, we have had three attempts at pushing the price down, and it looks like there is some downwards difficulties.

And, based on the trade volume, no one really seems to agree on prices between $2500 and $2750.. ... so either we are going up or down.. and yeah, if they battle it out for a few more weeks (about whether we go up or down), then maybe at that point, we could settle for something in the $2500 to $2750 range.. but I don't see sideways without a fight - and down is not any kind of for sure.. so that only leaves us with UP and the remaining option... hahahahha   Cheesy Cheesy

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:28:58 AM

Maybe the bears can regroup and try again, but if we get into the $2,700s then the bears are going to have difficulties reversing this train...  Agree? .. so maybe currently, around $2,700 and below is the area to watch for a possible reversal?

Well maybe to look at it another way, I'd say that buying pressure would need to breach the ~2600 mark with considerable force (rising volume) to consider us still in a bull run at this point.

This is an area in which reasonable observers can have a reasonable difference of opinion.. and both be kind of correct.

The problem that I have with suggesting that that resistance would be very strong in the $2,600 arena is because we were just in the $2,700s a few days ago.

And there was pretty decent trade volume in the $2,700, and that trade volume only increased when the price got pushed below $2700 and the past couple of days that there have been ongoing attempts to push BTC prices down... so in that sense, I am of the opinion that $2600 is not going to be as difficult as $2700.

On the other hand, we do have the continued and shitty dynamics of the pump and dump alt coins that could continue to have a dragging down affect on bitcoin... but maybe they are going to continue to pump the alts and everyone can just get pumped together combining the pump of the shit and the non-shit..    Wink
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:59:03 AM

You've been warning about Total Market Cap, but it's already back to $100 Billion+.
Even this is cannot be the end of downtrend sign?
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:34:36 AM

bears looking ugly again ... and all the usual full of shit trolls crawling out from their roach holes spewing golden lies.

Looks like Marcus is hallucinating after being exposed to a little too much digital rat poison.  For every dollar bankers spend trying to supress the price of gold and silver, an equal amount of money is spent trying to prop the bitcoin bubble up.  The same people are fully capable of raising or crashing both assets, yet they allow bitcoin to rise while trying to crash the other and allowing all the sheeple to pile into this one.  Yea, that's not fishy at all!  It's blatantly obvious the R3 group of bankers props up the Ethereum scamcoin on Poloniex too.  They don't even try to hide it.  

Stop pretending 'designed to centralize' bitcoin is somehow "defeating" the bankers.  The only way you're beating the bankers is by dumping this imaginary bubble asset that doesn't function as a store of value and purchasing what they don't want you to buy - gold or silver.  They're desperately trying to ban cash and force people into a digital only slave system, so cryptocurrency is just subsidizing your own eventual enslavement with how easy it is for them to co-opt bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 17089 17090 17091 17092 17093 17094 17095 17096 17097 17098 17099 17100 17101 17102 17103 17104 17105 17106 17107 17108 17109 17110 17111 17112 17113 17114 17115 17116 17117 17118 17119 17120 17121 17122 17123 17124 17125 17126 17127 17128 17129 17130 17131 17132 17133 17134 17135 17136 17137 17138 [17139] 17140 17141 17142 17143 17144 17145 17146 17147 17148 17149 17150 17151 17152 17153 17154 17155 17156 17157 17158 17159 17160 17161 17162 17163 17164 17165 17166 17167 17168 17169 17170 17171 17172 17173 17174 17175 17176 17177 17178 17179 17180 17181 17182 17183 17184 17185 17186 17187 17188 17189 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: