April 26, 2024, 08:00:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17111 17112 17113 17114 17115 17116 17117 17118 17119 17120 17121 17122 17123 17124 17125 17126 17127 17128 17129 17130 17131 17132 17133 17134 17135 17136 17137 17138 17139 17140 17141 17142 17143 17144 17145 17146 17147 17148 17149 17150 17151 17152 17153 17154 17155 17156 17157 17158 17159 17160 [17161] 17162 17163 17164 17165 17166 17167 17168 17169 17170 17171 17172 17173 17174 17175 17176 17177 17178 17179 17180 17181 17182 17183 17184 17185 17186 17187 17188 17189 17190 17191 17192 17193 17194 17195 17196 17197 17198 17199 17200 17201 17202 17203 17204 17205 17206 17207 17208 17209 17210 17211 ... 33303 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368318 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:24:40 AM

TLDR;
Lost all my earnings and a chunk of my 2k due too leverage and intoxicated, slowly getting it back. Also do want to get into  normal

You need to be disciplined. Only takes one drunken stupor on leverage to wipe out a position that you've diligently worked at for months/years. I guess most of us have taken on too much risk and got stung at some point though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:25:30 AM

140+ Wall spotted @ $2400 @ Bitfinex

EDIT: being swallowed in an hallucinating rhythm.
Market looks thirsty.

In the last half hour also a 150+50 BTC walls around 2100€ at Kraken have been eaten. Maybe those are somewhat "small" walls, but they were for real and of significant size for Kraken.

We are again inside the triangle. Sideways, and more sideways.
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:28:43 AM

140+ Wall spotted @ $2400 @ Bitfinex

EDIT: being swallowed in an hallucinating rhythm.
Market looks thirsty.

In the last half hour also a 150+50 BTC walls around 2100€ at Kraken have been eaten. Maybe those are somewhat "small" walls, but they were for real and of significant size for Kraken.

We are again inside the triangle. Sideways, and more sideways.

Like Jimbo says, "coiling, coiling..."
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:27:44 AM

What are your guys thoughts on this latest ICO Tezos?  Do you think it has had any effect on the recent prices of bitcoin or ether?   I have definitely noticed as the prices of Ethereum has dropped, the number of Ethereum contributed has definitely skyrocketed.

On the other hand, as prices of BTC have remained a little flat, the amount of bitcoin contributed to Tezos has slowed down significantly.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:30:05 AM

[...] btc1 [...] If they do decide to fork off, no relevant economic nodes will join them. [...]

I wouldn't bet my bitcoins on that. You sound a little too convinced or extremist, which reveals uncertainty.
Lets just see, the market will decide for us.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:44:29 AM

What are your guys thoughts on this latest ICO Tezos?  Do you think it has had any effect on the recent prices of bitcoin or ether?   I have definitely noticed as the prices of Ethereum has dropped, the number of Ethereum contributed has definitely skyrocketed.

On the other hand, as prices of BTC have remained a little flat, the amount of bitcoin contributed to Tezos has slowed down significantly.
We usually don't talk Ethereum here and sure as hell we talk no ICO.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:29:52 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 07:42:44 AM by JayJuanGee

Since this is the speculation thread, do you guys think we will get to 2600 again before august? Lost and made some money, still need a bit more to break even again.

Bro, I'll heartedly advice you not to play in such a volatile market as crypto is. Unless you're a full skilled trader from stock markets. BTC is king and will win the final battle against fiat. Soon things will be like that:

You are completely right, I'm definitely not a skilled trader yet, just been lurking for some time

I am just playing with around 2k, and I only buy in trends + when I see clear candle patterns and with the info from this website and telegram. So most of the time I only make "safe" (I know it is almost never safe") trades. But then I discovered leverage trades, made some good money, adrenaline was pumping, got overconfident (also the drinks did not help) went long just as it was turning (Still have no idea where my logic went).

I am aspiring to become a full skilled stock trader, BTC just happened to come on my path and with little money you could still easily make a couple of 100 bucks. Also the idea of using it as long term savings account looked great since in Holland I get less then 1% growth in a year... Also since the laws for bitcoins are still in a grey area you can do a lot of fun things with it (currently writing a coin buying and investing website with ideal support for a select amount of people). The API's in general are funt to work with as a programmer so it gives me some incentive to work.

As soon as I get that website up and running and have some more funds I'll start opening up a proper broker account and reading into where to start there... This is getting a bit off topic but any suggestions on where I can start even with a low amount off funds. Probably best not to post it here.

TLDR;
Lost all my earnings and a chunk of my 2k due too leverage and intoxicated, slowly getting it back. Also do want to get into  normal

better to buy as the price goes down and sell as the price goes up, but don't buy or sell too much in order that you do not run out of either bitcoins (on the way up) or fiat (on the way down).

So in that regard, if you only have bitcoins because you used all your fiat to buy at a price that is higher than the current price, then you just have to wait it out for however much time it takes to return to you purchase price level, even if it takes a year or two.  

In the meantime, if BTC prices continue to go down, which surely is possible, just continue to buy $10 per week (or whatever reasonable amount is in your budget), and sooner or later, you continue to bring down your average cost per BTC and you will be back in the the game and be able to sell some of your bitcoins either below $2600 or above $2600 (but as long as you are selling as the price goes up and buying as the price goes down, you should be good), and whenever BTC returns to that $2600 level (whether this week or a few years from now), you will be fully back... and hopefully learned some lessons along the way...hahahahaha   Cheesy
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:42:03 AM

And "ITT" is short for . . .   Sorry, i´m a bit slow !

In this thread

its next question will be 'whats a thread?'
whats what?  Huh  Grin
-----
Is the former uptrendline turning into resistance now? We will find out soon.
For now, I would have to see price returning and being supported above 2600 to believe bullish trend is still intact.

eiskalt

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:36:20 AM

Fuck 'em, Ol' Yeller!!

Grin

pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:09:35 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 12:42:53 PM by pfrtlpfmpf

Since this is the speculation thread, do you guys think we will get to 2600 again before august? Lost and made some money, still need a bit more to break even again.

Bro, I'll heartedly advice you not to play in such a volatile market as crypto is. Unless you're a full skilled trader from stock markets. BTC is king and will win the final battle against fiat. Soon things will be like that:

You are completely right, I'm definitely not a skilled trader yet, just been lurking for some time

I am just playing with around 2k, and I only buy in trends + when I see clear candle patterns and with the info from this website and telegram. So most of the time I only make "safe" (I know it is almost never safe") trades. But then I discovered leverage trades, made some good money, adrenaline was pumping, got overconfident (also the drinks did not help) went long just as it was turning (Still have no idea where my logic went).

I am aspiring to become a full skilled stock trader, BTC just happened to come on my path and with little money you could still easily make a couple of 100 bucks. Also the idea of using it as long term savings account looked great since in Holland I get less then 1% growth in a year... Also since the laws for bitcoins are still in a grey area you can do a lot of fun things with it (currently writing a coin buying and investing website with ideal support for a select amount of people). The API's in general are funt to work with as a programmer so it gives me some incentive to work.

As soon as I get that website up and running and have some more funds I'll start opening up a proper broker account and reading into where to start there... This is getting a bit off topic but any suggestions on where I can start even with a low amount off funds. Probably best not to post it here.

TLDR;

better to buy as the price goes down and sell as the price goes up, but don't buy or sell too much in order that you do not run out of either bitcoins (on the way up) or fiat (on the way down).

So in that regard, if you only have bitcoins because you used all your fiat to buy at a price that is higher than the current price, then you just have to wait it out for however much time it takes to return to you purchase price level, even if it takes a year or two.  

In the meantime, if BTC prices continue to go down, which surely is possible, just continue to buy $10 per week (or whatever reasonable amount is in your budget), and sooner or later, you continue to bring down your average cost per BTC and you will be back in the the game and be able to sell some of your bitcoins either below $2600 or above $2600 (but as long as you are selling as the price goes up and buying as the price goes down, you should be good), and whenever BTC returns to that $2600 level (whether this week or a few years from now), you will be fully back... and hopefully learned some lessons along the way...hahahahaha   Cheesy

Sounds like a clever plan. But i just buy and sell. And have 1 (1.03) Bitcoin more today, compaired to yesterday. Does that suffice ?
Let me brag a bit, my life is otherwise pretty boring . . . Smiley

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:15:50 PM

Maybe by August 2018.

More like in this area (era ?) : http://www.thehalvening.com/

empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:17:10 PM

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/12/someone-held-upa-buy-bitcoin-sign-during-yellens-testimony-to-congress.html
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1850
Merit: 2832

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:52:05 PM

TLDR;

Sounds like a clever plan. But i just buy and sell. And have 1 (1.03) Bitcoin more today, compaired to yesterday. Does that suffice ?

Actually, I think this plan is pretty good. On the other hand, If you really made 1 btc today this means that you sold 100 btc at the top and then buyed again at the bottom (-1% tops with reduced trading fees). But what if the bitcoin surprised you and raised by 5-10%? Then you will lose bigger profit in fiat than all possible gains in the 1%-daily trading.
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:28:23 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 03:34:09 PM by pfrtlpfmpf

TLDR;

Actually, I think this plan is pretty good. On the other hand, If you really made 1 btc today this means that you sold 100 btc at the top and then buyed again at the bottom (-1% tops with reduced trading fees). But what if the bitcoin surprised you and raised by 5-10%? Then you will lose bigger profit in fiat than all possible gains in the 1%-daily trading.

First of all, i never lie, thats just not me.
Second, you complicate it again !
Third, its a question of amount invested.
Fourth, you`ll never make it this way Smiley

ok,yesterday, i had exactly 25 bitcoins in my bitstamp account. Today i have 26.03 bitcoins, and no idea, how that happened, sometimes i beleave it´s magic ! Smiley

I leaned myself quite far out of the window, but you live only once, right ?

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4457

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:25:37 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 04:36:08 PM by JimboToronto

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Still bouncing up and down I see... currently $2347USD (Bitcoinaverage).

Isn't waiting fun?  Cheesy

ok,yesterday, i had exactly 25 bitcoins in my bitstamp account. Today i have 26.03 bitcoins, and no idea, how that happened, sometimes i beleave it´s magic ! Smiley

Maybe it's not magic but just blind luck.

Maybe someone mis-typed one character while entering the public key to an address to which he was transferring coins.

1.03btc sounds like what someone might get if he fed banknotes into an ATM until it passed one whole coin.

Just a thought. If so, lucky you.
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 10504

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:32:57 PM

Our new Avenger Joe! Already received ~4 btc in donations.  Cool

kudos to all those who donated anything to him. not just because of the act of donation but because they had to manually type in a (case sensitive) bitcoin address from a picture with no QR CODE Tongue
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:56:41 PM

Photobombing pro-Bitcoin messages with a QR code included should become a new trend.

All you need is an image to send people money... when has it ever been that easy to move money around?

Awesome away to spread bitcoin awareness too.
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:00:21 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 06:12:08 PM by pfrtlpfmpf

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Still bouncing up and down I see... currently $2347USD (Bitcoinaverage).

Isn't waiting fun?  Cheesy

Maybe it's not magic but just blind luck.

Maybe someone mis-typed one character while entering the public key to an address to which he was transferring coins.

1.03btc sounds like what someone might get if he fed banknotes into an ATM until it passed one whole coin.

Just a thought. If so, lucky you.

I´ll take luck, anyday ! Smiley
But wait for my next trade, which is coming around, right now !
I´ll buy back soon, and we will be back here !

Guys, don´t just sit on your bitcoinz, move it !

infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:11:54 PM

Our new Avenger Joe! Already received ~4 btc in donations.  Cool

kudos to all those who donated anything to him. not just because of the act of donation but because they had to manually type in a (case sensitive) bitcoin address from a picture with no QR CODE Tongue

He's now up to 6.42 BTC. Good for him.
https://blockchain.info/address/1GwtZF9QFKWNqCRHLx1Y9adGcrhQSUnNfY
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:25:23 PM

How to get a living?
Share your BTC address
Pages: « 1 ... 17111 17112 17113 17114 17115 17116 17117 17118 17119 17120 17121 17122 17123 17124 17125 17126 17127 17128 17129 17130 17131 17132 17133 17134 17135 17136 17137 17138 17139 17140 17141 17142 17143 17144 17145 17146 17147 17148 17149 17150 17151 17152 17153 17154 17155 17156 17157 17158 17159 17160 [17161] 17162 17163 17164 17165 17166 17167 17168 17169 17170 17171 17172 17173 17174 17175 17176 17177 17178 17179 17180 17181 17182 17183 17184 17185 17186 17187 17188 17189 17190 17191 17192 17193 17194 17195 17196 17197 17198 17199 17200 17201 17202 17203 17204 17205 17206 17207 17208 17209 17210 17211 ... 33303 »
  Print  

Jump to: