May 03, 2024, 10:06:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18103 18104 18105 18106 18107 18108 18109 18110 18111 18112 18113 18114 18115 18116 18117 18118 18119 18120 18121 18122 18123 18124 18125 18126 18127 18128 18129 18130 18131 18132 18133 18134 18135 18136 18137 18138 18139 18140 18141 18142 18143 18144 18145 18146 18147 18148 18149 18150 18151 18152 [18153] 18154 18155 18156 18157 18158 18159 18160 18161 18162 18163 18164 18165 18166 18167 18168 18169 18170 18171 18172 18173 18174 18175 18176 18177 18178 18179 18180 18181 18182 18183 18184 18185 18186 18187 18188 18189 18190 18191 18192 18193 18194 18195 18196 18197 18198 18199 18200 18201 18202 18203 ... 33319 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:33:53 AM

bang on

Lol. Who was the clown that wrote that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:59:44 AM

my post was deleted. here is the source
https://twitter.com/ToneVays/status/929162434790744064
who's dumping posts nao?
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:32:55 AM

bang on

Lol. Who was the clown that wrote that?

Amazing foresight into SegWit noX

Look how many people bought in a frenzy recently to score free 2x coins, and then crashed cashed out at the announcement.

I didn't buy more BTC for 2x, but I didn't sell either & I needed to, so I would not call that person a clown--

The rest of us maybe!

As to the BCH conspiracy -- I think a BCH pump won't hurt anyone. The market will be flooded with BCH when the retarded exchanges, (and I mean that literally -- and not to be said against people,)  but when the retard exchanges still holding BCH like CoinBase finally credit their HODLers, a whole lotta dumping is gonna be goin' on! (Boosting BTC in the process.)

CRIKEY!  Bitcoin Cash   BCH/BTC is at $954.26   
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:53:30 AM

bang on

Do you have any evidence that this document was written before yesterday, when lots of people myself included, imagined such conspiracy theories.
Its not on way bayback machine and there is no other link reference to it, so it looks to me like fud.

Even if this is true, the artificial price rises and market manipulations needs to be sustained with genuine market confidence, otherwise the prices will re-converge on a more accurate representation of peoples real beliefs.
Their pockets are deep, but not limitless. 2X & the current price proves that the world is behind the real Bitcoin in the Bitcoin Core repo, their only hope is a world wide main stream media campaign, bring it on, Bitcoiners won't let it any of their crap pass without challenge.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4159

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:00:30 AM

[ image snipped... ]

bang on

Do you have any evidence that this document was written before yesterday, when lots of people myself included, imagined such conspiracy theories.
Its not on way bayback machine and there is no other link reference to it, so it looks to me like fud.

In this Twitter feed, many people confirm they read it as early as the time of the Bitcoin Cash fork (1 August 2017). So it should be genuine, unless the guys that confirm it are in on the FUD game...

fluidjax

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:16:13 AM

[ image snipped... ]

bang on

In this Twitter feed, many people confirm they read it as early as the time of the Bitcoin Cash fork (1 August 2017). So it should be genuine, unless the guys that confirm it are in on the FUD game...

Actually I saw that, but I wanted something a bit more, anything reliable that has a date stamp.

What I wrote back on 21/8 is fairly similar

Segwit2X is designed to fail (Garzic is not even implementing Replay Protection) which will ensure Core supporters dislike it, and they can spread there ideas easily to those who are on the fence.
These little pumps in the BCH price are designed to shake out the core supporting BTC holders. They will play with the price until November enticing us to sell in various ways.
Then November comes, Segwit2X fails, Jihan switches to BCH and then the real push starts.
BTC is left with 10-20% of hash power and stalls for a few weeks/months until the difficulty re-calc.

No-body is left to hold back the BCH price and it is pushed dramatically upwards to try and create a viable alternative, Main stream media is saturated with anti BTC articles. BCH announce a bunch of partnerships and deals.

There is more to their plan, than we have seen so far.
Maybe good to pick up some cheap BCH over the next few months to help kill it later.
Everything that has happened so far was easily predictable in advance, this is just the opening (sacrificial) battle, in a war. Perhaps I am giving them too much credit, but, I think they are playing a longer game than we currently see.

This turned out to be pretty accurate, and I had no special insight, anyone can invent conspiracy theories.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:42:37 AM

Segwit2X is designed to fail (Garzic is not even implementing Replay Protection) which will ensure Core supporters dislike it, and they can spread there ideas easily to those who are on the fence.
These little pumps in the BCH price are designed to shake out the core supporting BTC holders. They will play with the price until November enticing us to sell in various ways.
Then November comes, Segwit2X fails, Jihan switches to BCH and then the real push starts.
BTC is left with 10-20% of hash power and stalls for a few weeks/months until the difficulty re-calc.

No-body is left to hold back the BCH price and it is pushed dramatically upwards to try and create a viable alternative, Main stream media is saturated with anti BTC articles. BCH announce a bunch of partnerships and deals.

Maybe good to pick up some cheap BCH over the next few months to help kill it later.
Everything that has happened so far was easily predictable in advance, this is just the opening (sacrificial) battle, in a war. Perhaps I am giving them too much credit, but, I think they are playing a longer game than we currently see.

This turned out to be pretty accurate, and I had no special insight, anyone can invent conspiracy theories.

That's was a very good prediction of what is now happening. The war on Bitcoin is just starting, and I fear that there will be a bloodbath coming. All because of ego and greed. Perhaps the SegWit2x cancellation was part of their plan. They knew what they were doing all along. It remains to be seen how strong and resilient the Bitcoin network is to that attack, and whether on not it will come out of it victorious. We will know soon enough.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:45:24 AM

Exactly... I was writing something similar too, around the same time:

When Bitcoin is going so good, with valuation of near 4.5k USD, and people want to attack the main chain in a contentious way (=shitstorm), I can't really see them as having good intentions. Perhaps they stand to profit more from the destruction of value by positioning their "options" accordingly. After all if you can control the "good news" and "bad news" of a market, then you can benefit financially. And this is what they've been doing with all the forking scenarios, fud, or real since the price was at 200$. They create the news and the sentiment. They have become a market force that indirectly dictates prices. "Oh they are forking it, sell"... "Oh they cancelled the fork, onwards to 10k!!!", etc etc. This is bullshit on so many levels it's not even funny. No wonder Segwit2x was decided in a closed-meeting with financial companies.

No insider info, just common logic: BCH is not a coin that is sustainable in the long run. It's created for short-term speculation or upsetting the hashrate of BTC, or for market manipulation. Why is it non-sustainable? Because there are no fees paid to sustain the network, as mining reward goes down over the long run. The promise of large blocks and near free txs is unsustainable for the security model (=there is no incentive to mine). Abundance of block space = no reason to pay fees. BCH blocks right now have like 1-2-5$ in fees. The entire block Cheesy

The short-term focus on BCH is also proven by the way that this thing is mined in order to issue blocks faster - which brings reward halving even closer, which in turn compounds the fee-incentive problem due to blockspace abundance (which in itself is compounded by lack of actual use), which all screams "non-viability".... These are pretty clear, from a technical / economical standpoint... but whales gonna whale anyway Tongue
fluidjax

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:02:27 AM

That's was a very good prediction of what is now happening. The war on Bitcoin is just starting, and I fear that there will be a bloodbath coming. All because of ego and greed. Perhaps the SegWit2x cancellation was part of their plan. They knew what they were doing all along. It remains to be seen how strong and resilient the Bitcoin network is to that attack, and whether on not it will come out of it victorious. We will know soon enough.

What distresses me is a lot BTC whales dumped their BCH for a low value. Now, Jihan , Ver and Co.  have a large amount of BTC, and a large amount of BCH, and we have nothing to fight back with.
They can't hold the BCH price artificially high forever.

After UASF and the failure of 2X, the power in Bitcoin has confirmed its real position, and thats with the users.
A POW change is maybe the last step to fire the disruptive element. The appetite for POW change may have lessened with the failure of 2X, but now is the time we must prepare for it, and build a consensus for what should trigger it in the future. That alone should bring the disruptive element into line. The penalties for future disruption would be clear.

The miners use their hash power as a weapon, the non-miners also have power over that weapon, as we determine the POW.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:10:26 AM

What distresses me is a lot BTC whales dumped their BCH for a low value. Now, Jihan , Ver and Co.  have a large amount of BTC, and a large amount of BCH, and we have nothing to fight back with.
They can't hold the BCH price artificially high forever.

After UASF and the failure of 2X, the power in Bitcoin has confirmed its real position, and thats with the users.
A POW change is maybe the last step to fire the disruptive element. The appetite for POW change may have lessened with the failure of 2X, but now is the time we must prepare for it, and build a consensus for what should trigger it in the future. That alone should bring the disruptive element into line. The penalties for future disruption would be clear.

The miners use their hash power as a weapon, the non-miners also have power over that weapon, as we determine the POW.

You don't know how many BTC Ver has left. Some say he invested A LOT in shitcoins and his operations who may not be profitable at all!!!
Bitmain as probably the owner real significant miner for Bcash was also mining at a loss for quite some time.
We don't know how economically strong they really are at the moment. They are not broke!! But maybe also not as strong and competitive as you may think.
CristiTCM

Activity: 141
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:18:12 AM

[ image snipped... ]

bang on

Actually I saw that, but I wanted something a bit more, anything reliable that has a date stamp.

OMG! You are officially nostradamus of crypto
TheFlynn49

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:24:19 AM

Changing POW, that's like using a nuclear weapon in bitcoinland, right?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:25:00 AM

A POW change is a complex issue as new things and attack vectors have emerged over time. I mean what's the possibility that Satoshi had envisioned "lack of cpu power for the pow function" due to the pow not being done by CPUs but instead becoming ASIC-centralized, and then a rival implementation (which he specifically told that is a bad idea) claiming the hashpower with short-term incentives and pump/dump actions on the markets? Near zero.

Even if you go for a cpu or gpu pow, what's to ensure that this pow function won't experience disruptions from other cpu or gpu coins that are pumped and become more attractive to mine? So pow-mining stability has to also be factored in. But since anyone can fork bitcoin and make a clone, then how can you navigate around this? The only solution I can think of is a combination of multiple pow functions that can run on cpu, gpu or asics / fpgas, all working in parallel / in turns / perhaps each with its own difficulty adjustment. So even if one or two types of pow hashpower leave, you can still have another. This type of system can also allow sha256 mining to co-exist but not dominate the mining.

There are probably other issues arising from multi-pow, as well as possible weaknesses, and then you also have to start thinking about futureproofing in terms of quantum computers... I mean if you are going to make a change, make it QC-resilient also... IBM is currently at 50 qubits, intel will launch 49-qbits cpu this year. But I'm not a cryptographer so I can't say with any certainty how different ordinary hashes can combine with QC-resistance and what the threshold of danger is for this type of "threat". Anyway...

...Meanwhile the market is trending near 6666 levels Tongue
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:29:24 AM

Anybody else beginning to think dumping BCH might not have been particularly wise?

..been tryin' to tell all y'all...

I bet that bear at the picnic table is really enjoying
his treat right about now......

ahhh heeeya boo-Boo! I got us a pick-a-nick basket!

Bitcoin tankeroo.

Rotation into Dash.

You too? ::sigh::

Nothing but the king's coin. Some will never learn.

Dumped my BCH at 0.2 - 0.23 right at the start. Did alright there...

So far .... though looks like if you haven't dipped back in, you mighta missed a five-bagger. With room to climb.

Well well, today i woke up and my selling order for my remaining BCH at 0.125 BTC/BCH has been filled! Seems that maybe it will rise a little bit more, but this is enough for me Smiley

Damn it, I hate cracking open my cold wallets, but that's just too good a deal to pass up.

Haha. Keep your power in your pants. It's a little rough spot, but grey skeyes are gonna clear up. No matter which side of the fork controversy you be.

alas, back to HODLING and the cattle grind I go...

As long as the cattle grind don't involve the cattle prod, perhaps all is well.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:31:36 AM

Bust a move, suckers!

(haha)
fluidjax

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:34:56 AM

You don't know how many BTC Ver has left. Some say he invested A LOT in shitcoins and his operations who may not be profitable at all!!!
Bitmain as probably the owner real significant miner for Bcash was also mining at a loss for quite some time.
We don't know how economically strong they really are at the moment. They are not broke!! But maybe also not as strong and competitive as you may think.

That is a good point, its all guess work really.

Look at this disgusting nonsense from Ver's, Bitcoin.com. Its actually linked from the home page.
The way they call BCash "Bitcoin Cash" and the real Bitcoin they call "Segwit 1X".
If that isn't a clear indication of their disgraceful underhand behaviour, think of all the newbies coming in and trying to make sense of it all.
It's brand highjacking, I have no idea if it is illegal, and I know Bitcoin shouldn't rely on state support, but the truth needs to get out there. This is simply dishonest.

TheFlynn49

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:25:02 AM

bloomberg : "‘Buy Bitcoin’ Overtakes ‘Buy Gold’ as Online Search Phrase"

https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/i7d4w2nb3KGw/v1/800x-1.png
Lopumbo

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:35:31 AM

>100K pending transactions and BCH Hashpower 33% in the last 24h, 40% in the last 12h
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:45:32 AM

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:47:56 AM

Pages: « 1 ... 18103 18104 18105 18106 18107 18108 18109 18110 18111 18112 18113 18114 18115 18116 18117 18118 18119 18120 18121 18122 18123 18124 18125 18126 18127 18128 18129 18130 18131 18132 18133 18134 18135 18136 18137 18138 18139 18140 18141 18142 18143 18144 18145 18146 18147 18148 18149 18150 18151 18152 [18153] 18154 18155 18156 18157 18158 18159 18160 18161 18162 18163 18164 18165 18166 18167 18168 18169 18170 18171 18172 18173 18174 18175 18176 18177 18178 18179 18180 18181 18182 18183 18184 18185 18186 18187 18188 18189 18190 18191 18192 18193 18194 18195 18196 18197 18198 18199 18200 18201 18202 18203 ... 33319 »
  Print  

Jump to: