April 26, 2024, 01:30:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 25376 25377 25378 25379 25380 25381 25382 25383 25384 25385 25386 25387 25388 25389 25390 25391 25392 25393 25394 25395 25396 25397 25398 25399 25400 25401 25402 25403 25404 25405 25406 25407 25408 25409 25410 25411 25412 25413 25414 25415 25416 25417 25418 25419 25420 25421 25422 25423 25424 25425 [25426] 25427 25428 25429 25430 25431 25432 25433 25434 25435 25436 25437 25438 25439 25440 25441 25442 25443 25444 25445 25446 25447 25448 25449 25450 25451 25452 25453 25454 25455 25456 25457 25458 25459 25460 25461 25462 25463 25464 25465 25466 25467 25468 25469 25470 25471 25472 25473 25474 25475 25476 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367988 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 06:57:39 PM

Well shit, that is gonna fuck my recommended all up now.

I think you can delete individuals from your history

Funny I googled how to do that and noscript blocked the google cross site script.

NoScript detected a potential Cross-Site Scripting attack

from https://startpage.com to https://support.google.com.

Suspicious data:

(URL) https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6342839?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 07:06:53 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Thank you heslo and somac, Fuck you makrospex.

huh?
WTF?!
We all three said the same: Set it to zero.
 Huh
You didn't spoon feed him and were late with the details  Roll Eyes

Alright, i see...
I typed my reply in a hurry while the other two WOs were posting already.

EDIT: Backread the thread now and it obviously was the step-by-step google selfhelp instructions from me that set him up.
However, that's how the pro's do it  Grin
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 07:08:40 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), HI-TEC99 (1), d_eddie (1)

So apparently, CSWcoin is going to hardfork in the near future. Said hardfork includes the fantastic idea of basically stealing people's unclaimed BTC, which means, if you didn't claim your BSV, those coins will be "confiscated" by CSW-Ayre's mining operation (which I presume are the only people mining the thing). This also includes that satoshi's "1 million" coins will be stolen. According to raw calculations, they'll get $85million. I mean, it's not a lot, but still, this has to be a joke right? am I taking crazy pills? How is people unironically supporting such thing at this point?

I assume most here didn't even bother claiming the coins. I mean, it's such a pain claiming a forked coins, you have to do much for so little, but I don't appreciate CSW getting free money, but still, I may just don't bother.

If this is not the case, correct me if im wrong on the whole thing, but that is what I extracted from what I've read.

Can you link to highlighted, please?
Apart from rumors, i haven' seen anything solid, as it would be very weird.

Gmaxwell did address this on bsv subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bsv/comments/edr0av/massive_replay_theft_coming_to_a_scamchain_near/

And official bsv page says:

https://bitcoinsv.io/2019/12/23/bitcoin-sv-blocking-potential-p2sh-replay-attack-after-genesis-hard-fork/

Mitigation

In response, the Bitcoin SV Node team will update the “Genesis” hard fork specification by upgrading the rule rejecting the P2SH script pattern from a policy rule to a consensus rule.  That is the specific script template “OP_HASH160 <hash> OP_EQUAL” will not be allowed in new outputs and this rule will be directly implemented in the Bitcoin SV Node software.  Whilst unfortunate to restrict the usage of a particular script pattern, we note that the same effect can be achieved using variations of the script pattern e.g. “OP_SHA256 OP_RIPEMD160 <hash> OP_EQUAL”.

This change closes the attack vector and mitigates the need for honest miners to forcibly reject blocks containing theft transactions.  Whilst this could have triggered a valuable demonstration of the principle of honest miners acting punitively against dishonest miners, the public disclosure by Mr. Maxwell raises the potential cost to those miners to an unacceptable level.

Note: The theory is that it is argued if there were any "mistakes" here, and stealing funds was always part of the plan, they just got caught by gmaxwell.

I don't understand any of this.  I read the subreddit linked above.  Which coins might be stolen if the worst happens?  What does it mean for those of us who have bitcoins stored in segwit addresses and "compatibile" (starting with 3) addresses?

Trying to make any sense out of this clusterfuck. So apparently (and I forgot about this) Bitcoin SV did fork from Bitcoin Cash. Now, on BCH addresses:
When Bitcoin Cash (BCH) was created, it shared the same address format as bitcoin. In an effort to alleviate any confusion for users of both digital currencies, BCH developers later proposed a new unique format for BCH addresses called CashAddr. This new address format will help users more easily distinguish between bitcoin and BCH addresses. The updated format only changes how BCH addresses are displayed, not the underlying private and public keys.

Each BCH address also has a “legacy address,” which is its corresponding bitcoin address. Going forward, the Blockchain wallet will only display the corresponding CashAddr addresses. Users can continue to send and receive using legacy BCH addresses, but we recommend using the new format for an optimal user experience.

So the way I see it is that, people affected by this, will be the ones that had unclaimed BCH which remained in legacy addresses, but only the amounts that be sitting on p2sh... so to put it simple, any unclaimed amounts sitting on addresses that don't begin with 1 can be stolen. This proves in practice, an scenario in which the schelling point to hold your coins is addresses that begin with 1, and nothing else. Nobody will ever be stupid enough to break backwards-compatibility with addresses that begin with 1 (the original format) so seems reasonable to hold your coins in such format.

Now, if you bother with the clusterfuck that is claiming coins from a fork, then go for it, but a lot of people may simply don't even care they lose those coins all things considered. I mean, I would hate giving those guys "free money", but at this point I can't be fucking bothered with any of this nonsense, im trying to relax and enjoy the holidays, last thing on my mind is having to deal with this insanity to be frank. Remember that it requires that you move the entirety of your holdings, then download some dodgy software, then have to sync the entire blockchain of said altcoin, copy the empty wallet after you've moved your funds in there, and finally dump the damn thing. All of this without screwing up in the process.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 07:10:19 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2019, 05:41:18 AM by Biodom
Merited by JayJuanGee (2), mindrust (1)

My term deposit at bank is about to mature after 6 months. I'm getting like $1k for this shitty investment. And what is worse, the interest rates got halved. Next time, I'll be getting like $500 for the same investment at the same bank.

I am making a big decision here:

Option 1: Keep collecting peanuts. Keep DCA'ing.

Option 2: Buy the dip, Keep DCA'ing. (1-2 btc)

Option 3: Nuke everything and become a 1 million club member while I still can. (all in)

*Option 3 violates my investment rules. Violates it like fuck all gimme lambo.

I had done option "3" once in my life when I was much younger. Lost everything in that fiat account, which I since rebuilt to personal ATH, but it took many years.
That said, it depends on several parameters:

1. Your investment portfolio size vs your yearly income
2. Your age
3. How steady you job is (if there is a job).
4. family responsibilities, if any
5. last, but most important-the probability of the trade success (if it could be assigned)

If investment portfolio is small in comparison with yearly income, I don't see why someone cannot invest a large %, providing that the job is steady and you have a good income.

There is a formula (Klein criterion-see wiki) which describes the % of portfolio one should dedicate to a bet.
The problem is-it involves assigning a probability to a trade success, which is almost always an impossible task.
Example: on a trade with 60% success one should invest 20% of the portfolio; trade with 70% success, 40% of portfolio, etc, etc.
Mind you, these %% are "real" numbers, not imaginary ones.
Also, NO MARGIN.

EDIT:
Formula...Fraction of portfolio to invest (in decimals)=[2X(chance of trade success in decimals)]-1
Therefore, 0% to invest when 50:50 (or lower) and 100% to invest when 100% chance of success.
Everything else-in between.

EDIT2 messed up the last name..it is Kelly, not Klein, kudos to Millionero for correction.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 07:20:11 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Well shit, that is gonna fuck my recommended all up now.

I think you can delete individuals from your history

Funny I googled how to do that and noscript blocked the google cross site script.

NoScript detected a potential Cross-Site Scripting attack

from https://startpage.com to https://support.google.com.

Suspicious data:

(URL) https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6342839?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

The ones that went "don't be evil"...  Angry

BTW, startpage is my goto search engine these days. Better than the duck for me. I like the way it lets you save preferences without cookies: They can be encoded in a custom (anonymous of course) search URL.
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 07:30:00 PM
Merited by Biodom (1), JayJuanGee (1)

There is a formula (Klein criterion-see wiki) which describes the % of portfolio one should dedicate to a bet.
The problem is-it involves assigning a probability to a trade success, which is almost always an impossible task.
Example: on a trade with 60% success one should invest 20% of the portfolio; trade with 70% success, 40% of portfolio, etc, etc.
Mind you, these %% are "real" numbers, not imaginary ones.
Also, NO MARGIN.

EDIT:
Formula...Fraction of portfolio to invest (in decimals)=[2X(chance of trade success in decimals)]-1
Therefore, 0% to invest when 50:50 (or lower) and 100% to invest when 100% chance of success.
Everything else-in between.

Actually, at 50:50 Klein says "invest nothing", right - but if the odds are under 50-50, the Klein criterion suggest the opposite bet should be taken, with an amount again determined by the formula you quoted (it will come out as a negative fraction).

Example: on a bet with 40:60 odds (that's less than 0.5), the criterion suggests 2 * (0.40) - 1 = 0.8 - 1 = -0.2,
that is, invest 20% on the OPPOSITE bet (if anything like that exists).
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2417

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 07:38:16 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2019, 07:51:35 PM by mindrust

Actually more reason that you should not either push the red button or employ option 3.

Hey, mindrust, I think that you already know that I don't give two shits about what you do,...

It just adds entertainment to the thread I believe.

Like the guy who sold his house and bought bitcoins back in the day, when did that happen in 2013?... Lemme check google...

Aaand found it:

I'm All In - Sold My House! I was close it was from 2014.

Dude is a multimillionaire now, if he hedl.

At that time he didn't know what was waiting for him neither... just like me or any other people right now. He did something crazy. It was entertaining. It happens that I'm kinda in a mood for some extreme sports too.

1. Your investment portfolio size vs your yearly income
2. Your age
3. How steady you job is (if there is a job).
4. family responsibilities, if any
5. last, but most important-the probability of the trade success (if it could be assigned)

1. 6.
2. 32
3. Job itself is pretty steady. The country and the national currency is not. It is a circus here. That's one of the reasons that I am increasing my buys lately. I'm afraid at some point, I'll probably have to go all-in not because I want to, because I'll have to.

4. None.
5. I believe I can spot the top price this time quite accurately. ~%20 error margin. (means I believe I would cash out when its at ~16k while it could go to 20k) Equipped with pretty stronk TA tools over the years.

Applied the formula: It says I shouldn't go all in. I should go %50-60 in... (If I understood it right) Which kinda makes sense. Looks like I just need to get to the double digits as fast as possible and then crack a cold beer and sit down and watch. Your formula pretty much verified my trading investment strategy which I've been doing it by following my own instincts.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 07:39:15 PM

CSW fork steal accident is conveniently timed close to the don't know when he will get the keys to the secret locked up money.

Hmmmm   I wonder.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 07:45:38 PM

My term deposit at bank is about to mature after 6 months. I'm getting like $1k for this shitty investment. And what is worse, the interest rates got halved. Next time, I'll be getting like $500 for the same investment at the same bank.

I am making a big decision here:

Option 1: Keep collecting peanuts. Keep DCA'ing.

Option 2: Buy the dip, Keep DCA'ing. (1-2 btc)

Option 3: Nuke everything and become a 1 million club member while I still can. (all in)

*Option 3 violates my investment rules. Violates it like fuck all gimme lambo.

Option 2

I’m in the same boat. I have $xxx,xxx value in bitcoin.

I have $xx,xxx value in fiat savings.

I’m absolutely balls deep in bitcoin to be honest, probably way over invested than any sane person should be.

I currently get 1% interest per annum which on the fiat savings which is fucking pathetic. I really should pump it all into bitcoin like your option 2 says. It is nice to have some back up cash just incase something happens especially as I’m self employed - i.e. no sick pay, holiday pay etc.

Pump all is "option 3" I believe. Typo?

You current net worth is my target networth for my retirement  Grin Anything over 500k, and I am done. The closer it gets to $1m, the better it is though.

I guess I'll do option 2, and get 1 step closer to the double digits.

I’m close to mid 30’s, $500,000 isn’t enough for me in the UK. My plan is $2,000,000 - $3,000,000 but everything looks simple on paper doesn’t it.

I will never sell all my bitcoin’s though.

And yes typo - Option 3 lol

Are you factoring in taxes? those are some big numbers. Which are the % brackets on capital gains vs income tax on the UK? How did you acquire your BTC? In the US, I've heard if you hold for 1 year, any income tax that would apply expire and only capital gains apply. However the problem would be explaining to the administration that some guy on a forum paid you to post, that you acquired gains through forks, mining shitcoins and trading them on now dead exchanges years ago, faucets which have been dead for years and you  didn't keep any records... all those things add up into a tax nightmare hard to explain as most likely there's lack of documentation that got lost along the way. It's all licit origin, however, there is a risk they think you are bullshitting. It is a clusterfuck cashing out BTC in any scenario that isn't having purchased BTC in a regulated KYC/AML exchange, at your name with registered ID and keeping all buy and sell records. Other than that, you are playing a lottery in which they may or not think you are a dodgy individual trying to launder money. That's the problem for people that obtain BTC any other ways when they want to cash out. For some odd reason some people think they can simply cash out and "the burden of proof is on state authorities, they must prove im a criminal" as if that was a good idea. There's a lot of people that didn't do anything wrong stuck with BTC's not being able to cash out due fear of authorities, since they can't clearly prove the origin. I wonder how much % of that money is part of the BTC that hasn't moved.
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 07:47:54 PM

CSW fork steal accident is conveniently timed close to the don't know when he will get the keys to the secret locked up money.

Hmmmm   I wonder.

If he hopes to gather what he owes by dumping BSV2 or whatever it's called, he's in for some disappointment.  Grin
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2417

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 07:52:52 PM

Are you factoring in taxes? those are some big numbers. Which are the % brackets on capital gains vs income tax on the UK? How did you acquire your BTC? In the US, I've heard if you hold for 1 year, any income tax that would apply expire and only capital gains apply. However the problem would be explaining to the administration that some guy on a forum paid you to post, that you acquired gains through forks, mining shitcoins and trading them on now dead exchanges years ago, faucets which have been dead for years and you  didn't keep any records... all those things add up into a tax nightmare hard to explain as most likely there's lack of documentation that got lost along the way. It's all licit origin, however, there is a risk they think you are bullshitting. It is a clusterfuck cashing out BTC in any scenario that isn't having purchased BTC in a regulated KYC/AML exchange, at your name with registered ID and keeping all buy and sell records. Other than that, you are playing a lottery in which they may or not think you are a dodgy individual trying to launder money. That's the problem for people that obtain BTC any other ways when they want to cash out. For some odd reason some people think they can simply cash out and "the burden of proof is on state authorities, they must prove im a criminal" as if that was a good idea. There's a lot of people that didn't do anything wrong stuck with BTC's not being able to cash out due fear of authorities, since they can't clearly prove the origin. I wonder how much % of that money is part of the BTC that hasn't moved.

There is a solution to this nightmare. Cash out your coins in some other country where they don't ask stupid questions. Here for example, nobody gives af about where you got your money from or how.. But you may want to get away fast for other reasons.  Grin
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 07:58:41 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2019, 08:33:24 PM by ðºÞæ

I don't understand any of this.  I read the subreddit linked above.  Which coins might be stolen if the worst happens?  What does it mean for those of us who have bitcoins stored in segwit addresses and "compatibile" (starting with 3) addresses?

Men from the Boys be separated soon enough.
Bottom line any Bitcoin address not beginning with 1 is not Bitcoin, period.

"q......." Bitcoin Cash, not Bitcoin address
"A......." Bitcoin Gold, not Bitcoin address
"bc1..." SegWit, not Bitcoin address
"d......." Bitcoin Diamond, not Bitcoin address
"R......" Bitcoin Rhodium, not Bitcoin address
"3......" BitcoinHD, not Bitcoin address
"0x... " Bitcoin Hex, not Bitcoin address
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 08:23:20 PM

Thank you heslo and somac, Fuck you makrospex.

huh?
WTF?!
We all three said the same: Set it to zero.
 Huh
You didn't spoon feed him and were late with the details  Roll Eyes

Alright, i see...
I typed my reply in a hurry while the other two WOs were posting already.

EDIT: Backread the thread now and it obviously was the step-by-step google selfhelp instructions from me that set him up.
However, that's how the pro's do it  Grin

If you don't want to help that's fine, but in that case, just don't reply.
Using your precious time to mock me for asking instead of using the same time to answer my question is an asshole move in my book.
I know very little about computers and need to bee spoon fed to get it right, I don't know what I'm doing and really don't want to do something wrong. I can't tell if a online tutorial is correct or not, but I do trust the people in here, that's why I ask. If you knew of any good tutorial, why didn't you direct me to it instead of being a dick?
I don't really see people saying "google it" whenever someone asks about something non computer related so I'm assuming that it's just you computer nerds that have that special asshole gene.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 08:31:51 PM

I thought we were all nerds here.

We are, just not computer nerds Smiley
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 08:52:22 PM

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11998

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 09:07:47 PM
Merited by d_eddie (1), LUCKMCFLY (1), StartupAnalyst (1)

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Today,..... damn already made scampi diablo with some spicy tomato salad on the side as a starter, served some dompey rosé, white wine, Gin tonics.... after Tuna Robespierre with French fries..... now a walk with my dogs and after Tiramisu desert all made by me and a petit help of CQ Cheesy
Sorry no pics only desert maybe if people want proof  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

But damn I cocked like hell for my GF Fam and sis etc.....
LUCKMCFLY
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1848

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2019, 09:11:39 PM

3% not bad ..

#bitcoin 200 week moving average has never gone down, currently increasing at $150 (3%) per month

Source: https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1210984765739941888
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 09:14:38 PM
Merited by d_eddie (1)

But damn I cocked like hell for my GF

I bet you did you rascal.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2019, 09:15:46 PM

But damn I cocked like hell for my GF

I bet you did you rascal.

I bet he cocked all over her face.  Grin Tongue

I think we made it through the rough patch. 

I thought we would hit $5000, but we didn't in 2019... I expect a good strong 2020 for Bitcoin.  ATH's?
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 09:45:18 PM
Merited by jojo69 (1)

"q......." Bitcoin Cash, not Bitcoin address
"A......." Bitcoin Gold, not Bitcoin address
"bc1..." SegWit, not Bitcoin address
"d......." Bitcoin Diamond, not Bitcoin address
"R......" Bitcoin Rhodium, not Bitcoin address
"3......" BitcoinHD, not Bitcoin address
"0x... " Bitcoin Hex, not Bitcoin address

"ð..." /r/btc, not bitcointalk
Pages: « 1 ... 25376 25377 25378 25379 25380 25381 25382 25383 25384 25385 25386 25387 25388 25389 25390 25391 25392 25393 25394 25395 25396 25397 25398 25399 25400 25401 25402 25403 25404 25405 25406 25407 25408 25409 25410 25411 25412 25413 25414 25415 25416 25417 25418 25419 25420 25421 25422 25423 25424 25425 [25426] 25427 25428 25429 25430 25431 25432 25433 25434 25435 25436 25437 25438 25439 25440 25441 25442 25443 25444 25445 25446 25447 25448 25449 25450 25451 25452 25453 25454 25455 25456 25457 25458 25459 25460 25461 25462 25463 25464 25465 25466 25467 25468 25469 25470 25471 25472 25473 25474 25475 25476 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: