May 11, 2024, 03:27:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26391 26392 26393 26394 26395 26396 26397 26398 26399 26400 26401 26402 26403 26404 26405 26406 26407 26408 26409 26410 26411 26412 26413 26414 26415 26416 26417 26418 26419 26420 26421 26422 26423 26424 26425 26426 26427 26428 26429 26430 26431 26432 26433 26434 26435 26436 26437 26438 26439 26440 [26441] 26442 26443 26444 26445 26446 26447 26448 26449 26450 26451 26452 26453 26454 26455 26456 26457 26458 26459 26460 26461 26462 26463 26464 26465 26466 26467 26468 26469 26470 26471 26472 26473 26474 26475 26476 26477 26478 26479 26480 26481 26482 26483 26484 26485 26486 26487 26488 26489 26490 26491 ... 33340 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381569 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157

no degradation

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 05:48:09 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (6), JayJuanGee (1), Phil_S (1), Toxic2040 (1), VB1001 (1)

The monthly update:

Compared to fiat money 34.2 % up last month and 20.48% this year - not that bad.

Finally spring is here, we see the green again. After weeks without rain it has started raining again, ensuring the green does not turn yellow.

Hope you had or will have a pleasant 1st of May, May Day, Workers' Day or Labour Day! Although I'm not sure how the working class should celebrate its enslavement and poverty at the moment while keeping reasonable safety distances. I did it by making my monthly DCA purchase. Smiley

Other than that not much has changed in the last month, many people are still at home and do not know what to do with their regained time. As a result, we are now at 200% workload, more working hours, same payment as before. I should really quit the job, sell some for fiat and relax for a year or two.

Catching up with the gentlemen's thread takes some time these days. However, it always gives me a smile, makes me scratch my head or just enjoy a meme. Thank you all.

Gentlemen, have a lovely month of May, stay safe and keep posting!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 06:02:06 PM

For those that are still going on about flu/covid19 parity....
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/comparing-covid-19-deaths-to-flu-deaths-is-like-comparing-apples-to-oranges/
The question remains. Can we accurately compare the toll of the flu to the toll of the coronavirus pandemic?

To do this, we have to compare counted deaths to counted deaths, not counted deaths to wildly inflated statistical estimates. If we compare, for instance, the number of people who died in the United States from COVID-19 in the second full week of April to the number of people who died from influenza during the worst week of the past seven flu seasons (as reported to the CDC), we find that the novel coronavirus killed between 9.5 and 44 times more people than seasonal flu. In other words, the coronavirus is not anything like the flu: It is much, much worse.
I agree. Much worse than the flu. Still not bad enough to globally lock people in their homes and force them to become poor and eventually starve.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 06:04:11 PM

Marcus is not even close to roach, and he is merely presenting information that differs from your own opinion about the virus and it's impact.

Surely, there is some incorrect information out there, and there is also some difference of opinion regarding which information is more important - therefore conclusions reached will be different based upon which evidence is given greater weight.

Not sure if you noticed, but marcus keeps mentioning super-scary "second wave of covid-19" like it's a proven thing that's coming to kill more and more.

When it's just a hypothesis with no scientific evidence to back it up.

In fact, there is some evidence for "no second wave" hypothesis:

Two months after the first peak: still nothing. No second peak.
That graph covers... less than a year.

Once again and the next time as well, We Don't Know. Far too many things. It takes a year to find out if it sticks around like the flu. If it does, months to determine if reinfections are worse.

This is a 2 year thing. Way too early to draw any final conclusions.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2020, 06:04:50 PM

Just like sources of pollution used to be tracked and the polluters sued. An industry of pollution detectives were just starting to spring up when the industrial age was just beginning. Fearing a total shutdown of the economy corporations worked with the government to create the EPA which protected the polluters in exchange for some superficial regulations and payoffs.

If we could track the spread of diseases and hold those people responsible accountable we could stop disease.

I mean...we know the 4 or so people that brought it to the US right? So they say. Start with them.
Oddly enough, yes. The big problem you run into though is those 4 people would be liable for 10 trillion in damages, or more properly for the infections that they wrought on others who then would be liable for others.... See now that we know the people and the vectors we can assign fines to morons who take stupid risks.

The problem though still remains that people can take on more risk then they can ever hope to pay out in their miserable lives. Thus you need a sort of holding company that will pay the debt, and then take ownership of the person and their heirs to pay the debt off. Has to be multi-generation because the loan has to be paid. And oddly enough it provides an incentive for these slaves (for they are slaves until the debt is paid) to be the best they can be not so they can be free but that someday their heirs will be free.

The holding company (which we can call the "state") could then sell a percentage of these slaves to private holders, all reported in a blockchain. You and I could then buy a slave, a percentage of the output of the slave, or possibly one of the slaves' children.

It gets interesting when you think about it. The real fun comes when slaves own percentages of other slaves and everyone is enslaved to everyone else.

You can only be responsible on an individual basis. If you punch someone and that makes them mad, then they go punch someone else...the second victim cannot seek damages from you.

What is required is that the victim can prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the infector infected them.

Sure, not something you can really do with today's technology. But with enough time and technology it would be possible. Perhaps a blood monitoring technology that can detect the specific time in which you were infected. Combine that with some app on your phone/recording glasses that records who you were in contact with at the time. This gives a likely source. It may also record things you touch, etc. If you're in a store and you determine that you caught it at that store due to poor hygiene you can bring charges against the store. The store could then also record people entering and touching those same places and locate the source.

If we reached such technology we could eradicate almost any disease. You would likely immediately know about any disease you have and you would immediately self quarantine to ensure that you do not spread the virus so that you are not held liable.

In Iceland they had a private court system. Killing someone unintentionally had a set price you had to pay to the victim's family. Or the victim's family was able to set the punishment. For murder it sometimes meant becoming an "outlaw" which meant you were no longer under protection of the law, including if someone murdered you. Also anyone who helped you was considered an outlaw as well (even going to buy food at the store).

People who could not pay their debts to the victim were indeed required to work off their debt. In a technology future you could just set a smart contract to send X amount of funds to the victim for every receipt of payment (this would be done voluntarily by the accused to stay within the community) until the debt is paid off.

By the government taking over the responsibility of individuals, there is no motivation to move toward holding people responsible for their own actions. And people who are not harming anyone are being punished for no reason at all.
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 06:09:49 PM

For those that are still going on about flu/covid19 parity....
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/comparing-covid-19-deaths-to-flu-deaths-is-like-comparing-apples-to-oranges/
The question remains. Can we accurately compare the toll of the flu to the toll of the coronavirus pandemic?

To do this, we have to compare counted deaths to counted deaths, not counted deaths to wildly inflated statistical estimates. If we compare, for instance, the number of people who died in the United States from COVID-19 in the second full week of April to the number of people who died from influenza during the worst week of the past seven flu seasons (as reported to the CDC), we find that the novel coronavirus killed between 9.5 and 44 times more people than seasonal flu. In other words, the coronavirus is not anything like the flu: It is much, much worse.
I agree. Much worse than the flu. Still not bad enough to globally lock people in their homes and force them to become poor and eventually starve.
Now matter is going ahead of forcing poor because here daily few peoples commiting suicide due to no food and authorities doing politics.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 06:10:36 PM

Yes, but right now their personal fantasy and reality is one and the same, and that must be a great feeling for them.
They are going to pester their grandchildren with these stories forever,

LOL. Sad but true. It's like their Vietnam, except instead of fighting for the government, they're just drinking beers and waving their metal dicks around at the government.

"Grandkids, ever tell you about the time me and uncle Earl stormed the state capitol and won back our freedoms?"

"Yes paw-paw."

"Thank me for your freedoms, kids."

"Thanks paw-paw."
Kids can be so ungrateful.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 06:18:02 PM

Yes, but right now their personal fantasy and reality is one and the same, and that must be a great feeling for them.
They are going to pester their grandchildren with these stories forever,
LOL. Sad but true. It's like their Vietnam, except instead of fighting for the government, they're just drinking beers and waving their metal dicks around at the government.

The situation in Michigan is genuinely fucked up. Their governor has gone off the deep end, and is drunk with power. She's gone full-retard.

Never
go full retard democrat.

I fear that the easing may be the most dangerous period.  We know there are tons of asymptomatic people been cooped up the last month or better.

And people, being what they are, essentially retarded, are going to view the lifting of lockdown as some sort of "all clear" and behave predictably.

We will be staying the fuck in and watching to see how it goes.

I went out today. It was kind of weird/surreal seeing everyone in face masks. Well, everyone except for the ladies going in and out of the nail salon (!?)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10234

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 06:21:57 PM

Marcus is not even close to roach, and he is merely presenting information that differs from your own opinion about the virus and it's impact.

Right, that's probably why he hasn't posted one single post on any Corona thread:

He does not need to post in any other thread.  That is his choice.

Furthermore, he is largely on-topic, even in this thread, because as I mentioned members are interested in such topic, and he is not pumping any shitcoin, even if you are trying to characterize such possible fear mongering that he might hypothetically be engaged in as if it were a shit coin.  Whatever he is doing is not pumping any shitcoin.

Accordingly, you should be able to recognize and appreciate that it is possible to both be in favor of bitcoin and to fearmonger peddle corona virus (giving you the benefit of the doubt regarding what you believe he might be doing).

That is called speculating.

Hey, I'm speculating that r0ach is marcus .... and maybe few more.
Is that okay with you J?

There is rarely NO such thing as one science or absolute conclusions...

Tell that to marcus, when he posts those "confirmed" bullshit propaganda posts of his.

Do what you like.  Tongue

Seems a bit childish and lacking in focus to me, but whatever, you are the power of your own likely to be deluded destiny.  (I am speculating about you being deluded)

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Oh really?
Okay, let's talk about ETH and Grin. Tongue

Furthermore, he is largely on-topic, even in this thread, because as I mentioned members are interested in such topic, and he is not pumping any shitcoin, even if you are trying to characterize such possible fear mongering that he might hypothetically be engaged in as if it were a shit coin.  Whatever he is doing is not pumping any shitcoin.

No shitcoin, just FUD and death.

Accordingly, you should be able to recognize and appreciate that it is possible to both be in favor of bitcoin and to fearmonger peddle corona virus (giving you the benefit of the doubt regarding what you believe he might be doing).

Yes it's possible.
But make no mistake. He is not in favor of BTC.

Do what you like.  Tongue

You know I will, on this one we are alike.

Seems a bit childish and lacking in focus to me, but whatever, you are the power of your own likely to be deluded destiny.  (I am speculating about you being deluded)

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Peace!
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 07:18:47 PM

except for the ladies going in and out of the nail salon (!?)

Karen wants her haircut
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 07:21:21 PM

except for the ladies going in and out of the nail salon (!?)

Karen wants her haircut

I am no Karen, but in an urgent need of a haircut. Wasn't THIS full of hair since grade school.

Sideways...UBI is probably happening, at least for the next half a year or so. They finally figured that UE offices cannot really handle the ever increasing volumes and peeps are stirring mad.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/senators-push-for-paycheck-guarantee-in-next-coronavirus-response-bill-175516419.html
What is another 250-500bil in a 8tril brrr? A chump change, almost.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10234

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 07:27:22 PM

Oh really?
Okay, let's talk about ETH and Grin. Tongue

Are you a fucking idiot?

You been around here long enough to know that we do not talk about shitcoins here.

Yeah.. I know that you are just wanting to be provocative, but you really should know better in terms of your bullshit continuing pursuit of nonsense.

No shitcoin, just FUD and death.

Whatever.  There are a lot of people talking about corona virus bullshit these days... almost every place you go.. it is hardly a topic that is not relevant to mortal life in these current times.

And, correct, it is not a shitcoin.

Yes it's possible.
But make no mistake. He is not in favor of BTC.

You are meandering as fuck.... Seems that you want to argue for the mere sake of it.

By the way, you do not need to be in favor of BTC to speak in this thread (I am not conceding to your point about Marcus's purported lack of BTC conviction, but in the end, he has enough credentials and who fucking cares whether he is in favor of BTC or not?  Just you, because you are a petty twat who cannot graduate to more advanced topics).
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 07:39:49 PM

Bitcoin miner on waste gas at oil rigs. Pretty neat:

https://youtu.be/D34oQRrxU3Q
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 07:46:16 PM

the noon wall report

Bitcoin shrugs off legacy market losses today like a boss. What else can I say..Honey Badger does what it wants and it dont take weekends off.  #dyor

4h

D

#stronghands
Cryptotourist

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 07:50:53 PM

Are you a fucking idiot?

Yes, aren't you?

You been around here long enough to know that we do not talk about shitcoins here.

Yeah.. I know that you are just wanting to be provocative, but you really should know better in terms of your bullshit continuing pursuit of nonsense.

Of course I know, I was only making a point.

Whatever.  There are a lot of people talking about corona virus bullshit these days... almost every place you go.. it is hardly a topic that is not relevant to mortal life in these current times.

So true.

You are meandering as fuck....

Grin

Seems that you want to argue for the mere sake of it.

I'm doing a JJG. Cheesy

By the way, you do not need to be in favor of BTC to speak in this thread (I am not conceding to your point about Marcus's purported lack of BTC conviction, but in the end, he has enough credentials and who fucking cares whether he is in favor of BTC or not?).

Well, he does like BTC as much as r0ach does. Wink
Zero credentials btw.

Just you, because you are a petty twat who cannot graduate to more advanced topics

Okay J, as usual you can have the last word, promise I won't reply any further on this today.
LUCKMCFLY
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1849

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2020, 08:05:20 PM

BitcoinCharts with their ways of comparing cycles.

#bitcoin cycle low multiple

Source: https://twitter.com/ChartsBtc/status/1256258061955563520

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 08:12:30 PM
Merited by Icygreen (1)

Yet people like marcus keep presenting "second wave of covid-19" as a sure thing, that's coming 100%. When it should be treated as a wild speculation.

Now, who is exaggerating?  People study these kinds of things, so yes there is science... but whether you believe the science is credible or adequately backed by facts and logic might be another question, but asserting that there is "NO" science is inaccurate.

People study other viruses, but for covid-19 specifically there is no science on the "second wave".
Not a single country is experiencing "second wave" right now, despite very different lockdown policies.
Enough time passed since the first peak.

Honestly anyone who is still on about millions+ of people dying from this Covid-19 "plandemic", or a "second wave" of massive # deaths, needs to rightly STFU.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/health_policy/Provisional-Death-Counts-COVID-19-Pneumonia-and-Influenza.pdf

CDC U.S. death prediction: ~480,000
Actual U.S. deaths to date: 11,356 (btw pneumonia/flu killed 5X as many during the same period)

...and to think that they shut the whole fkn world economy down for this.  Roll Eyes

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 08:21:40 PM

Yet people like marcus keep presenting "second wave of covid-19" as a sure thing, that's coming 100%. When it should be treated as a wild speculation.

Now, who is exaggerating?  People study these kinds of things, so yes there is science... but whether you believe the science is credible or adequately backed by facts and logic might be another question, but asserting that there is "NO" science is inaccurate.

People study other viruses, but for covid-19 specifically there is no science on the "second wave".
Not a single country is experiencing "second wave" right now, despite very different lockdown policies.
Enough time passed since the first peak.

Honestly anyone who is still on about millions+ of people dying from this Covid-19 "plandemic", or a "second wave" of massive # deaths, needs to rightly STFU.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/health_policy/Provisional-Death-Counts-COVID-19-Pneumonia-and-Influenza.pdf

CDC U.S. death prediction: ~480,000
Actual U.S. deaths to date: 11,356 (btw pneumonia/flu killed 5X as many during the same period)

...and to think that they shut the whole fkn world economy down for this.  Roll Eyes
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 08:23:52 PM

Facts must hurt, Ibian.
Cryptotourist

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 08:26:06 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 26391 26392 26393 26394 26395 26396 26397 26398 26399 26400 26401 26402 26403 26404 26405 26406 26407 26408 26409 26410 26411 26412 26413 26414 26415 26416 26417 26418 26419 26420 26421 26422 26423 26424 26425 26426 26427 26428 26429 26430 26431 26432 26433 26434 26435 26436 26437 26438 26439 26440 [26441] 26442 26443 26444 26445 26446 26447 26448 26449 26450 26451 26452 26453 26454 26455 26456 26457 26458 26459 26460 26461 26462 26463 26464 26465 26466 26467 26468 26469 26470 26471 26472 26473 26474 26475 26476 26477 26478 26479 26480 26481 26482 26483 26484 26485 26486 26487 26488 26489 26490 26491 ... 33340 »
  Print  

Jump to: