May 05, 2024, 01:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26528 26529 26530 26531 26532 26533 26534 26535 26536 26537 26538 26539 26540 26541 26542 26543 26544 26545 26546 26547 26548 26549 26550 26551 26552 26553 26554 26555 26556 26557 26558 26559 26560 26561 26562 26563 26564 26565 26566 26567 26568 26569 26570 26571 26572 26573 26574 26575 26576 26577 [26578] 26579 26580 26581 26582 26583 26584 26585 26586 26587 26588 26589 26590 26591 26592 26593 26594 26595 26596 26597 26598 26599 26600 26601 26602 26603 26604 26605 26606 26607 26608 26609 26610 26611 26612 26613 26614 26615 26616 26617 26618 26619 26620 26621 26622 26623 26624 26625 26626 26627 26628 ... 33324 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372365 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3004

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 12:04:15 AM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. No. Sweden has an extremely large number of people who live by themselves. Italy has an extremely large # of people who live with many family members.

I'm sorry, science doesn't work like this. You take the statistics at face value to begin with and then if there's some extreme mitigating circumstance then maybe you can say that that's the rule rather than the exception. The statistics in this case are very clear - that the lockdowns countries are all top of the league when it comes to relative mortality (i.e. mortality corrected for population).

See, i'm in a "lockdown country", but the government locked down early. So we're on the low deaths/100k side of the scale.
You are argumenting science, but at the same time you bring in a simple correlation as a causality.
Sorry, but this doesn't really work out.
It's a bit naive to say science works through isolated metrics, which just isn't true. It's more complicated than that (i was also pointing that out in my first reply).

So, what's the real scope of this discussion then?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 12:51:00 AM

A real life story in Houston (secondhand, but reliable): a guy (in his mid thirties) was paranoid re CV and was sitting at home for two months straight (bought lots of groceries beforehand), ordered a keyboard on the Amazon, keyboard did not work to his satisfaction, he went to UPS to return it, forgot to wear mask, returned the item to the store clerk (who was also not wearing the mask). Boom, he became sick in four days and it was a really bad CV to the point that he was updating his will.
Moral of the story: despite being careful, you never know if this thing is gonna get you or not. Almost like a lottery in reverse.
Sounds right. Technically speaking every time you interact with the world you roll a saving throw against disease. And while with a good P100 mask and gloves you only need to roll a 1 or better on a D100, If you roll too many times eventually it will come up snake eyes....

My main reason I say "fuck you" to the government's assertion that everything is "safe".
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 01:33:28 AM

matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 01:34:53 AM
Merited by vapourminer (2), El duderino_ (2), nutildah (1)

Sorry to break your COVID skirmish guys, but we're almost touching 10k now... now this is getting interesting Grin
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 01:48:47 AM

Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 01:49:32 AM

Now, let me explain to all of you why the Swedish government is not closing down society and quarantining people/closing of areas.

This is a little known fact outside Sweden, and it rarely comes up in the debate.
Neither the Swedish government nor the Swedish parliament has the authority to do that.
The Swedish constitution guarantees all citizens the right to free movement in peacetime, no exceptions but one, people with a dangerous contagious disease can be forcefully quarantined according to the contagious disease act. But that only applies to specific individuals.
And there is no such thing as marshal law in Sweden, not allowed by the constitution.

So, no matter how much people or other countries bitch about Swedens way of handling the crisis, nothing is going to change.
You can change the constitution, but that reacquires two parliament votes with one general election in between.
We might se a change in the wording in the constitution from just "wartime" to "war and pandemics" or something like that, but no such change has been suggested yet.

Thx, that's quite interesting, so the powers are reduced by gov, and what about the cities? Could Stockholm set up rules here to lock up different buildings, business,...?

No they can't, cities have to obey the constitution as well.
They can however change the rules for restaurants and other venues that are under control of the local council. So they can for example order people to keep a certain distance in pubs and restaurants or set a lower limit to the number of people allowed in a public place thats under the supervision of the local council. In Stockholm some pubs have been closed by the council for breaching such restrictions.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 01:53:55 AM

Man... this feels so bullish. I'd absolutely love to see the ATH later this year.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 01:57:15 AM

Now, let me explain to all of you why the Swedish government is not closing down society and quarantining people/closing of areas.

This is a little known fact outside Sweden, and it rarely comes up in the debate.
Neither the Swedish government nor the Swedish parliament has the authority to do that.
The Swedish constitution guarantees all citizens the right to free movement in peacetime, no exceptions but one, people with a dangerous contagious disease can be forcefully quarantined according to the contagious disease act. But that only applies to specific individuals.
And there is no such thing as marshal law in Sweden, not allowed by the constitution.

So, no matter how much people or other countries bitch about Swedens way of handling the crisis, nothing is going to change.
You can change the constitution, but that reacquires two parliament votes with one general election in between.
We might se a change in the wording in the constitution from just "wartime" to "war and pandemics" or something like that, but no such change has been suggested yet.

They could still *recommend* people to wear masks in public spaces, right?

I doubt such recommendation would be against the law...

And yet:

https://www.thelocal.se/20200514/explained-why-is-sweden-not-recommending-face-masks-to-the-public

Yes they could, and they do have a lot of "strong recommendations" wearing a face mask is not one of them, I have no idea why.
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 02:02:27 AM

My dad is terrified of this virus, we avoid direct physical contact and touching the same things.

Still? Holy fuck, its been months since you returned. Looks like a personal prison is the 'new normal". Free Dad!!!  and Ibian
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 15461

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2020, 02:05:04 AM

so the miners could plan properly

Thanks V8 and jbreher
Wasnt trying to stir anyhting up.

I think of course a smooth function is better than a jump-one.
The point is that if you zoom it out to 2140, when the last satoshi will be mined, the function is smooth enough, I think.

I think the answer has been posed many time: why those “halving” and not many more “decreasing” in the issuance? Or rather a continuous reduction in the Coinbase?
I think Satoshi made many bets in his bitcoin protocol. He probably overlooked this particular one, and took a very conservative one. Maybe for the sake of simplicity in the code or because as probably would have posed very weird problems in the distant future toward the end of the mining cycle.
Over the proposed life of bitcoin it was probably little relevant.
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 02:13:20 AM
Merited by JimboToronto (1)

Well for all those that bought under 100$....  Shocked Shocked Shocked Cool
Life is good!
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 02:20:38 AM

The <10K sale has nearly concluded, Congrats to the stackers and hodlers! Up to the traders now. Launch pad or bear market.  I'm equally excited both directions  Wink Let er rip!
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4475

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 02:22:58 AM

Well for all those that bought under 100$....  Shocked Shocked Shocked Cool
Life is good!

How about those who bought under $10 or under $1? Life is amazing.

For those who bought under $1000 things are already pretty good and will soon be great.

Before long people will be jealous of those who bought under $10k.

Life is good regardless. Life with a nice stash of bitcoins is even better.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 02:26:12 AM

Yeah, democracy and all... but, in case of a really deadly virus wouldn't it mean that most of the population is going to die?  Huh

Yes probably, I think it's simply a mistake, the current constitution came into effect in 1974 replacing the older version from 1809, and in 1974, deadly pandemics were a thing of the past, or so we thought. I'm pretty sure a change will come.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 02:33:42 AM

the evening wall report

Local double top rejection in the climb toward 5 digits indicate more consolidation and accumulation are possible. #dyor

4h

D

#stronghands
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 02:43:46 AM
Merited by lightfoot (6)

Doesn't sound like the Flu...

Good to hear you're alive. Any ideas on how you might have gotten it?

Yes, my idiot brother went to a dinner party, one of the guests was infected, he then passed it on to me.
Thanks, that's a very good bit of data, was he next to the sick person, were they coughing, and did he cough on you? Does he live with you?

Sorry for all the questions, but you're the second person I know who got this and lived (several didn't).

Thanks again!

I'm so sorry for your losses,that must be terrible.

Both I and my brother have made sure to take plenty of vitamin D, like over 5000  IE a day, and zink, and made sure not to take any cholesterol lowering drugs during this pandemic.

A woman at the dinner party had a slight cough, she later lost her sense of smell and that's when she understood she got covid-19. Both my brother and his wife got infected, this was on a Thursday, when I visited them on Sunday and had lunch with them my brother was coughing and that must have been when I got it, because about five days later I started getting symptoms.
He doesn't live with me but I visit him and his wife regularly for dinner.
His wife is in a worst state, in bed with a high fever and cough, my brother is felling pretty ok, not totally cured, but good enough to work from home. (he's a forwarding agent at Postnord, formerly the royal (Swedish) mail).
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 02:50:00 AM

I rarely post here, but as a fellow Swede I felt I just had to respond.

First of all, I'm happy you are feeling better and I hope you make a full recovery soon.

The Swedish situation has little to do with its laws, but rather as a result of the recommendations by the Government in general, and by the FHM (The Swedish Public Health Authority) in particular, or should I rather say the lack of thereof.

Take our neighbouring countries Norway and Finland as an example. We share similar laws and we have similar traditions, ways of living etc. They have 232 respectively 297 death, compared to Sweden's 3674 death as of today. The difference is their governments has acted much more forcefully and managed to protect their elders.

The lack of testing of workers in hospital and nursing/elderly homes has made the virus spread uncontrollably among our most vulnerable people.

Myself is utterly disgusted how Swedish authorities has handled this pandemic so far.

We are not in disagreement, I'm not happy with the lack of protection of the elderly and the lack of good recommendations. I'm just explaining why we will not see a lock down in Sweden.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 03:11:43 AM
Merited by Krubster (1)

I rarely post here, but as a fellow Swede I felt I just had to respond.

First of all, I'm happy you are feeling better and I hope you make a full recovery soon.

The Swedish situation has little to do with its laws, but rather as a result of the recommendations by the Government in general, and by the FHM (The Swedish Public Health Authority) in particular, or should I rather say the lack of thereof.

Take our neighbouring countries Norway and Finland as an example. We share similar laws and we have similar traditions, ways of living etc. They have 232 respectively 297 death, compared to Sweden's 3674 death as of today. The difference is their governments has acted much more forcefully and managed to protect their elders.

The lack of testing of workers in hospital and nursing/elderly homes has made the virus spread uncontrollably among our most vulnerable people.

Myself is utterly disgusted how Swedish authorities has handled this pandemic so far.

Let me also elaborate a bit, there is a shitload of things that the government/parliament can do that they haven't, they can for example, after some bureaucratic acrobatics, close of smaller areas using the pandemics act, but closing of all of Stockholm for example is not allowed, it would probably be to big an area. The important thing is that they do not have the power to lock everybody in their houses and restrict travel, with some exemptions.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 03:14:15 AM

I'm so sorry for your losses,that must be terrible.
Thank you. One friend did blow his brains out while sick, so I don't know if that counts or not.

A woman at the dinner party had a slight cough, she later lost her sense of smell and that's when she understood she got covid-19. Both my brother and his wife got infected, this was on a Thursday, when I visited them on Sunday and had lunch with them my brother was coughing and that must have been when I got it, because about five days later I started getting symptoms.
He doesn't live with me but I visit him and his wife regularly for dinner.
His wife is in a worst state, in bed with a high fever and cough, my brother is felling pretty ok, not totally cured, but good enough to work from home. (he's a forwarding agent at Postnord, formerly the royal (Swedish) mail).
Once again, thank you for the data. Sounds very contagious, I'll keep this in the back of my mind.

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3427
Merit: 4344

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 03:45:23 AM

Really?

Mike Tyson (53) VS Evander Holyfield (57). Shocked

Pages: « 1 ... 26528 26529 26530 26531 26532 26533 26534 26535 26536 26537 26538 26539 26540 26541 26542 26543 26544 26545 26546 26547 26548 26549 26550 26551 26552 26553 26554 26555 26556 26557 26558 26559 26560 26561 26562 26563 26564 26565 26566 26567 26568 26569 26570 26571 26572 26573 26574 26575 26576 26577 [26578] 26579 26580 26581 26582 26583 26584 26585 26586 26587 26588 26589 26590 26591 26592 26593 26594 26595 26596 26597 26598 26599 26600 26601 26602 26603 26604 26605 26606 26607 26608 26609 26610 26611 26612 26613 26614 26615 26616 26617 26618 26619 26620 26621 26622 26623 26624 26625 26626 26627 26628 ... 33324 »
  Print  

Jump to: