May 06, 2024, 10:41:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 28661 28662 28663 28664 28665 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 28677 28678 28679 28680 28681 28682 28683 28684 28685 28686 28687 28688 28689 28690 28691 28692 28693 28694 28695 28696 28697 28698 [28699] 28700 28701 28702 28703 28704 28705 28706 28707 28708 28709 28710 28711 28712 28713 28714 28715 28716 28717 28718 28719 28720 28721 28722 28723 28724 28725 28726 28727 28728 28729 28730 28731 28732 28733 28734 28735 28736 28737 28738 28739 28740 28741 28742 28743 28744 28745 28746 28747 28748 28749 ... 33326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372811 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2056
Merit: 1188

Never selling

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 12:38:36 AM

This would be a laugh if it actually happened

Bullshit I think (but would be great for BTC skyrocketting if it was / will be true).

yeah bullshit alright, but one day it will happen and I'll be laughing my ass off when it does.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 12:40:08 AM

Here's their video commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj5BcDpooto
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 01:01:24 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 01:07:03 AM

Are we still in denial or moving to anger? Probably the latter with China/Russia being the culprit yet again.
The funny thing is that China/Russia wants to suppress bitcoin because it represents freedom and dummies on the West suppress it because it represents China somehow?!
WTF

I doubt king daddy gives any shits, even if you might be trying to make some kind of connection in regards to what should be considered as largely noises.

I am still confident in Bitcoin in the long-term and even on this bullrun. I really don't think we had the top at 65K before the bearmarket.

BUT

We should to admit that this dump from 60K without any really bounce till 30K is huge, and no one expected this. And came very fast. This happened just after an only 3x ATH. It is not if it appeared after a X10+ from ATH.

In addition, we still don't know if the bottom is printed. If we go to 25K$ish, or to previous ATH (or even below.. can't imagine now), how the market and the cycle will react ? I mean the Daily, weekly and monthly are already ugly now.

We should accept that we never saw this kind of DIP in a BTC bullmarket (proportionally).

HODL.

Seems like a BIG so fucking what, even if you are trying to be somewhat dramatic about it.

We need lots of drama and scary shit to be able to attempt to shake some of the weak hands that do not know that they are weak hands, yet.  So, sure is there going to be anymore shaking or success at shaking, time will tell. 

The best time to attempt to attack some more by either throwing more coins at the issue and/or throwing more FUD at the issue while the chips are down... so a question still remains if any more success can be achieved in further attempts for DOWNity or no...   

Weekends can be a good/opportune time for throwing more coins at this issue.,. but do dee bears gots any more coins left that they are ready, willing and able to throw at their DOWNity preferences?  and what are dee odds for success?

Popcorns anyone?

I am still confident in Bitcoin in the long-term and even on this bullrun. I really don't think we had the top at 65K before the bearmarket.

BUT

We should to admit that this dump from 60K without any really bounce till 30K is huge, and no one expected this. And came very fast. This happened just after an only 3x ATH. It is not if it appeared after a X10+ from ATH.

In addition, we still don't know if the bottom is printed. If we go to 25K$ish, or to previous ATH (or even below.. can't imagine) now, how the market and the cycle will react ? I mean the Daily, weekly and monthly are already ugly now.

We should accept that we never saw this kind of DIP in a BTC bullmarket (proportionally).

HODL.

never? check out that 2013 bull run..$250 in April, then $65 in July.
The structure looks very similar...so far, albeit the move from Jan to April is shallower in 2021 and so is the dip (so far).

There are a few other differences too, but hey, Biodom, if you are 'specting more DOWNity or even flat from here that drags out 2-6 months, you might be overplaying your lack of bullishness a wee bit.  But who am I to say?  You surely have your right to either wait for more DOWNity or fail refuse to adequately pee pare ur lil selfie for UPpity because you are expecting either flat or down.. Hopefully not to many udder peeps rely on your projections for adequately making their own UPpity preparations.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2021, 01:34:21 AM

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 01:41:10 AM

So...2013 repeating it is then. Enjoy the slow summer. Look forward to October.

Not quite... IMO every bullrun is unique so we can't say what awaits us later this year... we might as well go straight to the moon after this dip... or slowly bleed until August-September and then start a facemelting rally from there... noone knows...  Cool

Accept your point about a lot of possibilities, especially we are considering the relatively near term future, whether attempting to project out 3 days or 9 months into the near term future.. hahahaha

Bring the pain!  Shocked

Bob hit the best moment to sell some of his stash for building his ranch. Congrats!
Now let's all sit back and watch. We are Hodlers, aren't we?  Cool

Well.. yes many of us are HODLers and accumulators.. don't forget the accumulation part unless you ran out of cash.. then you might well have to HODL until the next cash comes to you.

you could say the crackdown on Chinese mining is good for BTC as this will reduce the carbon footprint. They use mostly coal fired power plants.  Now the rest of the world pics up China's slack with more energy efficient grids.  Next there will newly designed miners ( probably in the works now) that will dramatically reduce power usage while increasing computation abilities.  

I doubt that it matters too much to get caught up in some of the green or not aspects of mining nonsense... seems to largely just be playing into mostly wrong talking points in regards to what is going on in bitcoin and peeps who have various seemingly disingenuine motives to be naysaying on bitcoin mining or whatever negative hook that they might be able to achieve.. at least in the short term.

Bitcoin miners are going to go where it works for them for a variety of reasons, and when the BTC price is booming they probably give too few shits about how much energy they are consuming.. but if they are seeing the landscape of competitive mining and the UPs and downs of profit margins, many times they are going to be advantaged to seek the cheapest energy that they can find, perhaps frequently even closer to the source which may even be using some surplus energy that might not have otherwise been used (which also causes such energy to be cheaper), but surely miners have to be careful too because there would be costs or potential costs if operating in locations that are hostile - so it might not be worth it to miners (even if the energy is cheap) to locate in areas that might be hostile to them.

shows to me that 25K is possible as this downturn low

Of course, anything is possible you diptwat, but does not mean that we should get obsessed with such nonsense especially after we already had a 53% correction in which further correction may or may not happen.

Sure, prepare for either scenario, but getting overly focused on DOWNity seems a bit more of a fantasy rather than realistically pee paring ur lil selfie for all possibilities.

If you are supposedly so goddamned pee pared for UPpity, why you spend so much time, on an ongoing basis, giving attention to DOWNity scenarios that may or may not happen?  Are you expecting that others need to do something to give credit of more than 50/50 to such a scenario that might even be less than 50/50 even though you want to stress it?

TLDR; We already had enough decline compared with 2013, but could go to about 25K in the oversold scenario. Anything lower would be a problem.

Hm?  So we could go to $25k.., but then again we might not.. but if we do go to $25k, which seems unlikely, we better get ready to prepare our lil selfies to get MOAR scared, just in case.  That's the Biodom punchline at this time?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Sounds like overly focused on DOWNity nonsense to me.    Tongue

Ok... We are supposed to be scared of that?

Sure, it no does not look like an ant move, but still.. not getting scary enough yet.  We needs MOAR scary.. Please bring some more scary because the scary so far no does not seem to be working enuff.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 02:01:22 AM

That's a bit scary.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 02:01:24 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 02:11:31 AM

See!  This is super useful to see.  It is encouraging to see so little piled up on the sell side considering the damn valley we are currently in.  But to honor our lone dissenter I have reduced the sizes in the quote to teensy-weensie.  Wait.  That sounded like something JJG would say.  Uh oh... something might have gotten stuck down in there.

Deep down on the inside.

all of us bbbbeeeeeeeeeeee bots.

bots unite!!!!!!!!!!

The fundamentals have not changed significantly one wee widdle bit.  

FTFY

Wink

$33k

Who are we blaming today? Elon? China? Russia? Who?

Or know one... because "FUD is temporary, #Bitcoin is forever"

If there was already momentum from a few days ago, then there is more than enough reason to attempt to test support again.. whether gets successfully low or not is likely a bit of another story.

[edited out]

it went down because @JJG repeatedly denied that there is any resistance at 42-43K  Grin...,

Don't mischaracterize me, you diptwat.

You should realize by now that I hardly ever have an opinion beyond 50/50 - but I do frequently criticize others who are seeming to make claims that attribute way more certainty than they deserve, including your premature proclamation of resistance at $42k/$43k.

but the pic above says it quite clearly: there was such resistance.

There was?  or was there just not enough buying support?  Same thing?

let's the blame game commence...he he

Ok.  I would like to blame Biodom for ongoingly making premature and strong proclamations that are likely NOT true... or at best are a wee bit more than 50/50.

Every time he/she utter some "non-technical" analysis, it does the EXACT opposite.

Who?  You mean if I say that you are full of shit, and then the price ends up going in your direction, so you proclaim victory?  That's what you be talking about willis?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Almost a perfect indicator (in reverse)-those are actually very valuable for traders.

You are reading a lot into this buddy.

Unfortunately, I am not doing much trading.

Maybe you should start trading, since you seem to be such a smartie pants?  put some money where ur lil mousie is.  That might help some of your analysis or lack thereof.

Goes to show you that scary can be relative.

I concede, in part.    Cry Cry
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 03:01:33 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7853

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2021, 03:14:12 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Buy the dip set up your desendng ladder of buys.

I am good down to 27k.

cheap corn for all.

I’m good for 100k and lots more,

Btw.... just gotta ask....

Where you guys find new money all the time...?

And why for them OG’s mostly isn’t that most of the cash not in BTC when te price was 3-digit etc....

But still, every week new cash to buy, impressive

I was a gear head not a believer in btc or any coin 🪙.

I used to build speakers for stereo systems.
Then apple’s mac mini came out in 2005 I modded them from 2005 to 2012
sold hundreds of them on ebay.
Apple started changing the gear and made it not moddable.
Also ebay buyers were getting slick they knew how to rob honest sellers.

So started with anandtech.com learned to mine with gpus at bitminter.

I spent years say 2012 to 2014 mining ⛏ and building gear for people. I never saw it for what it really is until I met my partner buy solar.

He lives less than Five minutes from my house 🏠.

We created a five year plan to do a mining farm with very little capital risk.

So now we are setup were we will also turn a profit.

four way spilt . Involves mining btc,eth,ltc/doge.

I Think of all other coins as a 9 to 5 job that allows me to grow the btc and some cash for expenses.

So now with doge/ltc and eth coming in on a regular basis they go towards the growth of my btc.

I will always buy the dip and hodl. I also have decided to hodl btc until it goes to 70k and only sell 10% at that level.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 03:15:24 AM

<snip>...I hardly ever have an opinion beyond 50/50 - but I do frequently criticize others who are seeming to make claims that attribute way more certainty than they deserve... <snip>

It's funny that you don't see that what you are saying is the very definition of a nincompoop: a boorish and foolhardy person, not willing to put his/her prediction on the line, but lashing out and criticizing others who do.

I picture seeing @JJG in a classroom and berating fellow students who happen to know the answer to a given problem.

If you don't have a technical opinion, fine, then listen to others and comment AFTERWARDS, not BEFOREHAND.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 03:32:13 AM

fuck this shit.

Have your various interest earning bullshits been liquidated, yet?

sorry for your loss.

Only a loss (actually still mass amounts of profit) if I sell, and that is NEVER going to happen.

Hahahaha

Ok... Fair enough.

Why was I trying to read more bitter in you than actually exists?

Maybe because you have been expressing a lots of emotions in recent times?  Perhaps?  Perhaps?

Buy the dip set up your desendng ladder of buys.

I am good down to 27k.

cheap corn for all.

I’m good for 100k and lots more,

Btw.... just gotta ask....

Where you guys find new money all the time...?

And why for them OG’s mostly isn’t that most of the cash not in BTC when te price was 3-digit etc....

But still, every week new cash to buy, impressive

Hahahaha

nice to see some emotionalism from you dude..  hahahaha

You are coming off as quite the skeptic in regards to the stories of some peeps, here.   Wink

I picture seeing @JJG in a classroom and berating fellow students who happen to know the answer to a given problem.

There you go with your imagination again, and might you not consider possible errors that might exist to extrapolate how online personas may well differ from real life ones?

Go on, keep imagining.

If you don't have a technical opinion, fine, then listen to others and comment AFTERWARDS, not BEFOREHAND.

Are you giving some kind of advices regarding my participation being premature?  or are you trying to suggest that you know something important with which I am interfering?

For some reason, I am having troubles taking your vices seriously... but hey, did I ask for advices?  I cannot recall doing that.
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 03:40:31 AM

fuck this shit.

sorry for your loss.

Only a loss (actually still mass amounts of profit) if I sell, and that is NEVER going to happen.

Hahahaha

Ok... Fair enough.

Maybe because you have been expressing a lots of emotions in recent times?  Perhaps?  Perhaps?

I'm just having a whinge, that is all.

Also, speaking of my "interest earning bullshits" that I did with 1 BTC, It has been going awesome. I pulled in, as income, USD15k on that 1 BTC so far (2.5 months). If only I had the balls to of used more BTC. Also None of that 1 BTC is gone, it still = 1 BTC.

And this is why I won't sell any BTC (home excluded, and even then maybe not). I can generate a sizeable income off a small percentage of my capital, yes not as much at these levels now, but when it does get to 100k, it will be even easier.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 03:56:33 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2021, 04:07:39 AM by JayJuanGee

fuck this shit.

sorry for your loss.

Hahahaha

Ok... Fair enough.

Maybe because you have been expressing a lots of emotions in recent times?  Perhaps?  Perhaps?

Also, speaking of my "interest earning bullshits" that I did with 1 BTC, It has been going awesome. I pulled in, as income, USD15k on that 1 BTC so far (2.5 months). If only I had the balls to of used more BTC. Also None of that 1 BTC is gone, it still = 1 BTC.

Probably for more than half of the over 7 years of my participation on this forum, I have been suggesting that for fuck you status, there are probably a lot of guys who would need at least $1million in capital, so that would be presuming a $3,333 per month as passive income as a starting point for their cashflow.. of course, some guys might be able to get by for less or might need more, but it had seemed that $1million had been a good starting point.  

Sorry to say that in recent times, I have felt inclined to become more elitist and to double the starting out for fuck you status amount in the past year or two - and probably especially I felt more compelled to double the starting out amount after some of the shocking aspects of the early 2020 money printer go burr situation.. so that would mean $2million in capital which would be presumed to be able to sustain about $6,666 per month in passive income.

I still appreciate that there are going to be quite a few areas in the world that such a large income would be a bit of an overkill as a starting out fuck you status point - meaning that the starting point could be quite a bit lower than $6,666 per month.

In any event, you (somac) seem to be suggesting that you are getting about $6,000 per month  ($15k/2.5) in passive income by merely having 1 BTC as your capital used to earn that. which surely would have fluctuated in value between about $30k and $64,895k, but seems way too good to be true in terms of either being able to earn that much from so little and/or.. to be sustainable?  

Even considering BTC values at $60k, to be able to earn 100% the value of the BTC in 10 months, seems a wee bit too good to be true... Are you selling something or smoking something?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 04:01:25 AM

Explanation
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 9547

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 04:11:33 AM

Happy Bitcoin Pizza Day Guys.

somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 04:13:14 AM

fuck this shit.

sorry for your loss.

Hahahaha

Ok... Fair enough.

Probably for more than half of the over 7 years of my participation on this forum, I have been suggesting that for fuck you status, there are probably a lot of guys who would need at least $1million in capital, so that would be presuming a $3,333 per month as passive income a starting point.  I have been inclined to double that amount in the past year or two - and probably especially after some of the shocking aspects of the early 2020 money printer go burr situation.. so that would mean $2million in capital which would be presumed to be able to sustain about $6,666 per month in passive income.

You seem to be suggesting that you are getting about $6,000 per month  ($15k/2.5) in passive income with merely 1 BTC.. which surely would have fluctuated in value between about $30k and $64,895k.,. Seems too good to be true... to be sustainable?  Even considering BTC values at $60k, to be able to earn 100% the value of the BTC in 10 months.

Yes that 1 BTC has also, unfortunately gone down in value over those months, but we play 1 BTC = 1 BTC  here so not to worry.

Too good to be true? No. Sustainable? unlikely over the long-term with just 1 coin.

I have been selling OTM call options on that 1 coin, those calls have stupid high premiums, so making that money quickly is easy enough, the problem will come if it goes up in price substantially within the short time frame (hopefully it does and stays there), this is where it is possibly not sustainable, and all you can do to avoid is sell well OTM calls (less premium) or do you best to time your trades.

We'll see how it all goes in the end, but in my mind it beats selling, as if I were to do this I would lose all capital gains (also be taxed like a bitch) where as OTM calls mean I still get some capital gains at least.

I have done this trade in legacy markets prior, so experience helps. Understanding the greeks is paramount to maximising ones return, right now the volatlity has created some pretty high premiums so even now the gains can still be fantastic, that will drop off though as time goes on, but hopefully price goes back up at same time.

This shit ain't for everyone and I certainly don't recommend it without a full understanding of what you are getting into. HODL will always be the best strategy long-term for accumulation of capital. And there is no way you should even attempt it Jay, you lack the ability to understand the perspective yet alone the trade, so just do what works for you.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 04:38:55 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2021, 04:51:05 AM by JayJuanGee

This shit ain't for everyone and I certainly don't recommend it without a full understanding of what you are getting into. HODL will always be the best strategy long-term for accumulation of capital. And there is no way you should even attempt it Jay, you lack the ability to understand the perspective yet alone the trade, so just do what works for you.

Funny how you have been acting like such a whinny little bitch in recent days in spite of your supposedly being able to kill it with sophisticated financial instruments in recent times, too.

Also, it seems to me to be much better to be attempting to describe BTC portfolio strategies that are replicable, and I tend to do that on an ongoing and regular basis..

Of course, any guy should be attempting to start with basics and that is getting their financial shit together so that they are not whining like a little girl every time the BTC price moves.. because if guys get their financial shit together, then they should already be prepared both financially and psychologically for BTC price moves in any direction and even extreme moves. 

Seems to me that if a guy is not psychologically prepared for BTC price moves and he is whining like a little girl, (we already have decent ideas that they can and tend to be extreme from time to time), then there is likely something wrong with strategy in a financial way too.. so basics (finance 101 - which seem to be a challenge to you somac) would be to attempt as best as possible to align finances with psychology.

In response to your  other convoluted and potentially contradicting nonsense, there seems to be no real need for me to go into detail about what has been so fucking awesome about my own BTC system, even though I have largely been in BTC about 7.5 years now, so the first years were building foundations but already having a decent amount of capital that I could inject and allocate into bitcoin.

On the other hand, we know that if guys are starting investing from scratch, then they might have to exercise a considerable amount of patience to even build up their investment portfolio to 1 BTC.. not that I am even conceding to have 1 BTC since that is also considered to be a lot these days, so beginners likely are going to have lower targets before they might start feeling that they can go baller with any of their stash... which surely, I tend to be a person who wants to recommend means that are fairly conservative and straightforward rathe than the employment of complicated and convoluted investment mechanisms... which may well screw peeps out of whatever investment portfolio that they may have, as you seem to suggest to be a potential risk somac (besides your bragging about it).
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 04:57:49 AM

Funny how you have been acting like such a whinny little bitch in recent days in spite of your supposedly being able to kill it with sophisticated financial instruments in recent times, too.

Also, it seems to me to be much better to be attempting to describe BTC portfolio strategies that are replicable, and I tend to do that on an ongoing and regular basis..

Of course, any guy should be attempting to start with basics and that is getting their financial shit together so that they are not whining like a little girl every time the BTC price moves.. because if guys get their financial shit together, then they should already be prepared both financially and psychologically for BTC price moves in any direction and even extreme moves. 

Seems to me that if a guy is not psychologically prepared for BTC price moves and he is whining like a little girl, (we already have decent ideas that they can and tend to be extreme from time to time), then there is likely something wrong with strategy in a financial way too.. so basics (finance 101 - which seem to be a challenge to you somac) would be to attempt as best as possible to align finances with psychology.

In response to your  other convoluted and potentially contradicting nonsense, there seems to be no real need for me to go into detail about what has been so fucking awesome about my own BTC system, even though I have largely been in BTC about 7.5 years now, so the first years were building foundations but already having a decent amount of capital that I could inject and allocate into bitcoin.

On the other hand, we know that if guys are starting investing from scratch, then they might have to exercise a considerable amount of patience to even build up their investment portfolio to 1 BTC.. not that I am even conceding to have 1 BTC since that is also considered to be a lot these days, so beginners likely are going to have lower targets before they might start feeling that they can go baller with any of their stash... which surely, I tend to be a person who wants to recommend means that are fairly conservative and straightforward rathe than the employment of complicated and convoluted investment mechanisms... which may well screw peeps out of whatever investment portfolio that they may have, as you seem to suggest to be a potential risk somac (besides your bragging about it).

Losing half of ones net worth, while making 15K in income over a 2 and a half month period is hardly killing it. It is actually a disaster.

Now, something you will never understand is that you a piece of shit, everyone else can recongnise that, but you never will. So just accept your limitations and stop thinking you know better than everyone else, you don't.

Pages: « 1 ... 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 28661 28662 28663 28664 28665 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 28677 28678 28679 28680 28681 28682 28683 28684 28685 28686 28687 28688 28689 28690 28691 28692 28693 28694 28695 28696 28697 28698 [28699] 28700 28701 28702 28703 28704 28705 28706 28707 28708 28709 28710 28711 28712 28713 28714 28715 28716 28717 28718 28719 28720 28721 28722 28723 28724 28725 28726 28727 28728 28729 28730 28731 28732 28733 28734 28735 28736 28737 28738 28739 28740 28741 28742 28743 28744 28745 28746 28747 28748 28749 ... 33326 »
  Print  

Jump to: