May 12, 2024, 12:46:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 28677 28678 28679 28680 28681 28682 28683 28684 28685 28686 28687 28688 28689 28690 28691 28692 28693 28694 28695 28696 28697 28698 28699 28700 28701 28702 28703 28704 28705 28706 28707 28708 28709 28710 28711 28712 28713 28714 28715 [28716] 28717 28718 28719 28720 28721 28722 28723 28724 28725 28726 28727 28728 28729 28730 28731 28732 28733 28734 28735 28736 28737 28738 28739 28740 28741 28742 28743 28744 28745 28746 28747 28748 28749 28750 28751 28752 28753 28754 28755 28756 28757 28758 28759 28760 28761 28762 28763 28764 28765 28766 ... 33342 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381997 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 01:34:57 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

"Bitcoin is an experimental digital currency"??

experimental??? still? It's been 12 years.... why it's still experimental?

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/

Ongoing development - Bitcoin software is still in beta with many incomplete features in active development. New tools, features, and services are being developed to make Bitcoin more secure and accessible to the masses. Some of these are still not ready for everyone. Most Bitcoin businesses are new and still offer no insurance. In general, Bitcoin is still in the process of maturing.

https://bitcoin.org/en/faq#what-are-the-disadvantages-of-bitcoin

Yeah...like Linux is still in beta. Scary to think the whole fkn world runs on it now.  /s

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 01:41:25 AM

there is no way in hell it doesn't do at least the right shoulder, i would question my whole life if it doesn't

You better start questioning, because there are no absolutes in bitcoinlandia.

I'm not yet counting in BTC because I have not enough coins.

You officially have enough coins once you cross over .21BTC.  So go ahead.  You have permission.  Count away.

So in a way, I'm not wishing for a dip, but I'm not dreading it either, because it's an opportunity to buy more.

Sounds like a healthy perspective.

Conversely when we were near the ATH and seemingly going to go higher, I was happy, but that was tempered with some regret because buying more would be difficult/expensive. I don't think I will be able to buy enough to be 100% happy at the next ATH, but I will feel better for having increased my stash.

Each of us can ONLY do what we can in terms of trying to achieve some kind of balance.  I doubt that it is healthy to expect 100% satisfaction.  That is a gambling mentality to want to strike every move perfectly.  There are ways to set things up that allow each of us to be happy even if we might buy too many coins at prices that are higher than we should have and don't buy enough at prices lower than we could have, and the same thing with selling on the way up, we might sell too many too soon and then not sell enough when the BTC price reverses. 

Seems to me that striving for perfection is striving to set yourself up for failure, and many times if you put decent systems in place, you should be able to end up having created some surplus within those various values and to be able to perceive ways that you have beat the averages.  I feel that I have been the averages in a lot of ways, even though there are ways that I could have done better, but I believe it is NOT very productive to focus too much about how I could have done better unless there might be a way to tweak my system in some kind of way that causes an overall better balance in the event that there was something that I could have learned from the situation.. such as changing my spread, my increments or my amounts...

or alternatively, maybe I will decide that I want to change my spread to greater amounts so that I have more free time or maybe I want to change my spread to smaller amounts in order that I can stay more busy and end up stacking more frequently.  On a personal level I have been gravitating towards increasing my spreads, even though my current spreads have continued to keep me busy even though they do not trigger as frequently as were the placements of my older spreads.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 02:01:24 AM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 02:09:41 AM

<snipped a bunch of nonsense>

Could you stop clinging and following me around? Put me on ignore or something, otherwise it feels like stalking.
You see zero value in my posts, I see negative value in yours, both in style and substance.
Let's agree on this and and stop cross posting.

I expect an answer and then I will not directly respond to anything you utter as long as you do the same.

Deal?
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 02:11:26 AM

I would give you merits for that, but ain't having any to give anymore! (Btw... all the girls I convinced to buy crypto.. loved it <3 ! )  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cool
savetherainforest

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 02:23:16 AM

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Dunno about you guys, but that SHIB(SH!T) nonsense kept me really up around this time. There are tons of sh!tcoins that will give us steady profits to buy even more BTCiTcoins. Smiley
savetherainforest

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 02:27:53 AM

I agree very much with this one. Best chart and most logical from all of them. History is always a good future prediction tool. Cheesy Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 02:30:48 AM

"Bitcoin is an experimental digital currency"??

experimental??? still? It's been 12 years.... why it's still experimental?

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/

Bitcoin is "experimental" because it is a paradigm shifting technology, which means that there has never been anything like it before. Sure there are analogous things, but nothing exactly like bitcoin and to able to transmit value digitally and without an intermediary.   Holy shit!!!!!  Can't you see what bitcoin is doing?  That's why it be experimental... no roads ever before travelled.. and going places where no man has gone before...seems experimental to me, even if you cannot recognize the gravity of it.

Okay f*****s who sold, you told me you are not selling, i thought we had a deal we are hodling

Nope.. no deal.  Peeps gonna do all kinds of things, so u better pee pare ur lil selfie for either price direction.

I am poor now

Well, sucks for you if you ONLY prepared for one direction.  U must be listening to dee wrong peeps and/or failing/refusing to actually figure out ur lil selfie and listen to ur lil selfie.

1 year ago i was ultra poor

Ok..,. so thing are getting better, then.  One step at a time newbie.. and you gotta walk before you can run, so don't be trying to rush things too much.  Getting rich or getting out of being either poor or ultra poor is likely going to take some time.. and usually much longer than a year or two and even four years is not generally going to be enough.. usually more than 10 years, even if you can have some lucky breaks along the way as long as you don't take too many chances and risk too much of your principle.

Well back to cage to sleep for a few more years

Sarcasm press

Sleep is a good thing for good health.

Some random lines on a chart

What does it mean?

You just trying to draw a pretty picture?

as you can see the absolute figures of changes of one bitcoin in USD are not in the wages region of the ordinary working class anymore. therefore the ordinary plebs can't handle that price jumps in absolute figures. sad.

I heard that ordinary plebs could buy a faction of a bitcoin. I heard that they did not need to buy a whole bitcoin.  I also heard that .21 BTC could make an ordinary pleb richie some day, but one of the keys for ordinary plebs is to get the fuck started rather than worrying about if s/he might not be able to buy as many bitcoins as an ordinary pleb could have bought 1 year ago, 2 years ago, 4 years ago or some other random time frame that is prior to our present situation.. in which any ordinary pleb would likely be quite well served by getting the fuck started rather than waiting around and hoping that NOT getting started is going to cause bitcoin to go away or NOT be a thing - when bitcoin actually already is a thing and likely to continue to be a thing in the future... more and more with the passage of time... so get the fuck started ordinary pleb would likely be a very good starting point suggestion.

[edited out]

yes, if you plot retracement for a move, but then, why not starting from 3.1K instead? If we count retracement from the top number, then it is more like $24790 for 61.8% fib.
Albeit, maybe you are more "right" and if counting from 3.1K, I am getting 26706, however, it is all a small argument (26.7 vs 27.2).
Clearly, 61.8% Fib (whichever you count), is somewhere between ~25K and 27K. I will be watching those numbers, it it ever comes to that.

Even though you attempt to make those numbers sound as if they have meaning, sounds pretty god-damned random to this peep. 
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 02:33:57 AM

... Basel III unleashes gold price after 30 years controlled by paper derivatives with 100-1 leverage

thanks for this info, it looks interesting (I was unaware of this somehow).

... check into this then, it's important. Geopolitical problems of 30+ years are coming to a head. The rise of Bitcoin has forced some hands to be sure ...

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/basel-iii-new-role-gold

... Like bitcoin or hate it, the latest rally was deeply embarrassing to everyone who’s been skimming the cream off society via the monopolistic monetary system. Their lies were laid bare for all of us to see.

It doesn’t surprise me at all that this week was the week chosen to do the hatchet job on crypto. It was also the week where the plumbing of the financial markets became so thoroughly clogged (see Whalen’s article above) that there was no choice but to demoralize the rubes who thought they would escape the Great Reset.

Everyone must be liquidated to make the world safe for German eugenicists and commies.

So, Basel III is coming to destroy the paper gold markets and destroy the money center banks in New York and London while setting the stage to bail out the euro-zone. Higher gold prices are the answer to all of these things. Think of it this way, in a world where debt assets are failing and new private forms of custodial assets are rising in mindshare, what’s the only real weapon the central banks have to maintain credibility?

Their gold reserves.

How do you, if you are the ECB, use that weapon simultaneously against your two main competitors, the commercial banking interests in New York and London and the nascent crypto anarchists? You deploy your gold and steal everyone’s thunder....

very important subject.
notably developing cryptos create doubts in ECB credibility with its perpetual increasing debts.
so basel 3 ruling introduction could solidify the basis of european banks in re-establishing thruth in gold assets

the problem is that this subject is still being discussed, not yet really implemented? and mainly in europe

another solution(easier ?) for central bankers is to induce a bear market in cryptos, which is currently tried actively.
savetherainforest

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 02:54:57 AM

Some random lines on a chart

Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

I don't think that is sustainable at all with BTCiTcoin. It's FAKE AF!!! Smiley
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 03:01:33 AM

Explanation
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 03:58:29 AM

Their gold reserves.

How do you, if you are the ECB, use that weapon simultaneously against your two main competitors, the commercial banking interests in New York and London and the nascent crypto anarchists? You deploy your gold and steal everyone’s thunder....

Their actual reserves or what they claim to have?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 04:01:24 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 04:10:13 AM

I wonder if this will effect the Silver market come Monday, lot of speculation that the $2T market cap in crypto kept Silver and Gold down by about 30%
I really don't think the two are linked at all, gold and silver are hedges and crypto is extremely volatile.

There's ideology cross overs but I don't think that's the majority of ownership.

We are not talking about crypto in this thread, so there is that angle too.  

In other words, if I am misreading you, you might want to clarify what you mean, kingcolex.

Dang i'm such a dick sorry guys  Cheesy

Goes without saying that you are a dick, and surely you are not sorry.. You are just saying that you are sorry to be even more of a dick.

Dicks are not sorry for being a dick.  

An alternate theory could be that you are a twat? If you actually happen to be sorry, then twats tend to be sorry for their being a twat (and twats tend to be even more sorry if they had been a dick).
I might just be dumb, what I was saying is I don't think the silver market is tied to crypto in any way and the price of crypto is irrelevant to the price of silver. I think there's some overlap of customers due to beliefs but I can't see that enough to hold back the silver market and the price.

First of all, who fucking cares about the amorphous concept of "crypto" it hardly even means anything.

Now if you are wanting to say something about bitcoin in relation to gold and silver markets, then spit it out.

Seems to me that bitcoin is already eating the lunch of both gold and silver to the extent that they are used as stores of value and/or financial instruments and likely to continue to eat their lunches.  Of course, bitcoin cannot replace some of the utility that comes from various industrial uses of either of those metals, but how much of that do we care about?  Do you own either of them in terms of trying to store value or as financial instruments?  Why would you choose either of them in comparison to bitcoin.. bitcoin is superior in a lot of ways.

Regarding other cryptos, they are all over the fucking place, so why do we want to even get into trying to analyze where one piece of shit coin might be relative to another.. just does not seem to matter to analyze any of them separately in this thread and then to lump them together and to proclaim that they are anything but overly hyped and overly valued shit seems to be as much analysis to make towards various nonbitcoin crypto as a whole. 

Now if you are going to include bitcoin in such assessment regarding crypto then seems that you are largely devolving into gobbledy-gook speak and muddy thinkenings.  What am I missing?

By the way, if you are trying to make some short term assessments of various PMs compared to bitcoin and you are NOT concluding that bitcoin is the way superior asset, then you are quite likely NOT zoomed out enough.  Which part is not clear?

Could you stop clinging and following me around? Put me on ignore or something, otherwise it feels like stalking.
You see zero value in my posts, I see negative value in yours, both in style and substance.

I expect an answer and then I will not directly respond to anything you utter as long as you do the same.

Deal?

No

... Basel III unleashes gold price after 30 years controlled by paper derivatives with 100-1 leverage

thanks for this info, it looks interesting (I was unaware of this somehow).

... check into this then, it's important. Geopolitical problems of 30+ years are coming to a head. The rise of Bitcoin has forced some hands to be sure ...

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/basel-iii-new-role-gold

... Like bitcoin or hate it, the latest rally was deeply embarrassing to everyone who’s been skimming the cream off society via the monopolistic monetary system. Their lies were laid bare for all of us to see.

It doesn’t surprise me at all that this week was the week chosen to do the hatchet job on crypto. It was also the week where the plumbing of the financial markets became so thoroughly clogged (see Whalen’s article above) that there was no choice but to demoralize the rubes who thought they would escape the Great Reset.

Everyone must be liquidated to make the world safe for German eugenicists and commies.

So, Basel III is coming to destroy the paper gold markets and destroy the money center banks in New York and London while setting the stage to bail out the euro-zone. Higher gold prices are the answer to all of these things. Think of it this way, in a world where debt assets are failing and new private forms of custodial assets are rising in mindshare, what’s the only real weapon the central banks have to maintain credibility?

Their gold reserves.

very important subject.
notably developing cryptos create doubts in ECB credibility with its perpetual increasing debts.
so basel 3 ruling introduction could solidify the basis of european banks in re-establishing thruth in gold assets

the problem is that this subject is still being discussed, not yet really implemented? and mainly in europe

another solution(easier ?) for central bankers is to induce a bear market in cryptos, which is currently tried actively.

Does that effect bitcoin?  or how does it relate to dee king daddy?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:01:24 AM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:12:37 AM

Deal?

No

in such case, you are going to be IGNORED from now on.
keep posting bullshit (or is it horseshit?) though, it seems to be entertaining to others.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:19:23 AM

[...]
The amount of BTC I hold has not changed at all in the last couple weeks. Well it actually went up just a little. Since I have begun to measure my wealth denominated in BTC, it has changed my perspective.  These days I think about how much BTC it will take to put my children through college (maybe not worth it, lol), or buy a house or be able to retire.  I don't even think about how much USD beyond doing the needed conversion since it's still the unit of account for most.

I have quit thinking about my BTC "position" in terms of what it is worth in USD.  I have realized I am not in this to "make money".  I am in this to PRESERVE MY WEALTH.  And the reason these swings don't do as much to me emotionally as they used to is because I have begun to measure my wealth primarily in the amount of BTC I have.  THEN the other things up there come into play.  Yes the price fluctuates compared to USD, or houses etc.  But I am used to that for now.

To the extent we measure our wealth in BTC, we have lost nothing.

And it makes me happy that the rest of the world sees that as crazy.  Not because I want them to HFSP.  But because it is a reliable contrarian tell that I am still doing the right thing.

[...]

Excellent post cAPSLOCK, as always. Took some parts out to highlight but go and read the whole thing if you haven't already (looking forward to that other lengthy post in the making Wink)

Anyone attempting storing their wealth in something infinitely inflationary is out of their mind. Measuring your wealth in fiat makes no sense since your share is not a constant. It takes time to realize the USD/EUR is the real shitcoin, and all that matters is your share of the Bitcoin network.

As soon as you understand the above, it is not you but the rest of the world that is crazy. Thinking which percentage of your bitcoin you want to allocate to a house or the college of your children, is completely rational. That is how you carefully allocate hard money since you can only spend it once.

This thread is about observing walls but is entertaining and a bit sad there are even legendary members that still don't seem to get it, selling bitcoin for fiat. That sugar rush of a few extra dollars gained will soon fade while the pain of not having bitcoins will last and increase forever.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2912

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:56:47 AM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 06:01:34 AM

Explanation
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1196

Never selling

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 06:16:02 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

This is interesting.

So there has been some news regarding the "China bans Bitcoin" that has been doing the rounds and that contributed to the recent dumpfest.

Apparently, the CCP is actually serious this time so the Chinese based miners have all shat their pants and were major sellers during the dump. Not only that they are also now either aggressively moving their operations or selling their mining equipment on mass, at firesale prices as well. We are seeing another significant drop in hash rate right now so it might actually be true, next difficulty adjustment (29th May) is set to be about a 15% decline.

If this is true, this is the best news we have received in a long time, mega bullish medium/long term. With China out of the loop, the China and environmental FUD will cease, putting some of the final nails into the critics coffins (they'll have to go back to talking tulips). I also beleive that if this is true, it will mean an approval of the ETF as, I believe, one of the larger concerns was the influence of China over the asset.
Nic Carter seems to be the most up to date on this, here are some of his tweets.

https://twitter.com/nic__carter/status/1396538897077841923

https://twitter.com/nic__carter/status/1396553898454835201

https://twitter.com/nic__carter/status/1396652765426987022

dldr of what he nic was talking about in the pr3vious twitter link https://twitter.com/mikekilinski/status/1396666279042314244

I haven't watched this one yet, but this should give a good overview of the Chine situation https://twitter.com/nic__carter/status/1396683091826069507

hashrate perscentage by country in 3 chinese mining pools BTC.com, Poolin, and ViaBTC https://cbeci.org/mining_map
Pages: « 1 ... 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 28677 28678 28679 28680 28681 28682 28683 28684 28685 28686 28687 28688 28689 28690 28691 28692 28693 28694 28695 28696 28697 28698 28699 28700 28701 28702 28703 28704 28705 28706 28707 28708 28709 28710 28711 28712 28713 28714 28715 [28716] 28717 28718 28719 28720 28721 28722 28723 28724 28725 28726 28727 28728 28729 28730 28731 28732 28733 28734 28735 28736 28737 28738 28739 28740 28741 28742 28743 28744 28745 28746 28747 28748 28749 28750 28751 28752 28753 28754 28755 28756 28757 28758 28759 28760 28761 28762 28763 28764 28765 28766 ... 33342 »
  Print  

Jump to: