April 20, 2024, 02:17:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30790 30791 30792 30793 30794 30795 30796 30797 30798 30799 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 [30840] 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 ... 33285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364810 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 10:29:40 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), psycodad (1)

Petition to get JJG and death_wish to discuss and sort their stuff in their DMs.

+1 merit to agree, +10 merit to disagree.

Starts now. Tongue

I think that Jay and I can probably more or less agree that you have overconfidence in your predictive abilities.  (To put the matter “diplomatically”.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 10:34:28 AM
Merited by goldkingcoiner (2), ImThour (2), JimboToronto (1), suchmoon (1), Torque (1), DdmrDdmr (1)

I think that Jay and I can probably more or less agree that you have overconfidence in your predictive abilities.  (To put the matter “diplomatically”.)

And I think that all of us can more or less agree that you are the mindrust for this season.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2965

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 10:41:53 AM

And I think that all of us can more or less agree that you are the mindrust for this season.

Cheesy

I'd say one "more or less" was one "more or less" too much, more or less  Grin
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 10:47:04 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I beg to differ, losing the stash due to margin gambling is a whole new level of mindrusting compared to selling the bottom and exiting the market without loss (IIRC mindrust even made a small gain or at least no loss). Maybe the term mindrust2ing would be appropriate for leveraged gambling?

Though in my opinion, they both deserve great credit for speaking so candidly about it and letting people learn from their mistakes, many of us probably fucked up badly at one point or another and (at least w/r to me it's the case) stayed silent so to not look dumb. We don't know how many diamond hands mindrusts story created, but I bet there are quite a few pairs of them. At least mine got definitely harder from it. And that's good me thinks.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10134

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 10:54:36 AM

Citing Snowden as if he were a bitcoin  expert..

Ok.   Roll Eyes

When you persistently attack and ridicule me for saying positive things about Bitcoin, it shows that you are not discussing these matters in good faith.  Either that, or you are against Bitcoin, and therefore against speaking positively of Bitcoin.
I doubt that either of those are true.  But you have rights to conclude whatever you like.  You seem to enjoy latching onto anything and making issues out of whatever you can.

(Moreover, for those of us who come to Bitcoin from a cypherpunks perspective, Snowden is a hero.  Too many people do not appreciate what he did—what he risked and sacrificed to try to help free us from odious mass-surveillance.  Some of us do.  Whether one agrees or disagrees with him on various issues—I not infrequently disagree with him on some issues—the man deserves our respect.)

You believe that I am suppose to worship him?

I have no problem with Snowden.. except some of his stances on bitcoin. .. he has shown some evidence of being a shitcoiner like you... actually maybe you and Snowden are the same peep?

Seems way too early to be making broad proclamations about the death of the significance of the 200-week moving average as a bottom.. or a bottom is or whatever we are going to end up calling it or changing it to.. if we even need to change it.. just depends upon context.. I am not going to presume more down from here even though it is surely decently possible to have more down from here.

You are showing the opposite syndrome of the nocoiner who says that he will buy at $20k, then at $20k decides to wait for $10k.

Your conclusion or analogy seems to be an ill fit.  I stand by my assertion above.. why not?  nothing wrong with it, even if you don't like it..

By definition, a bottom needs to be at least some sort of an approximate predictor of—well, the bottom.  I think it’s reasonable to exclude very brief crashes as outliers—such as the deepest crash in the March 2020 Covid panic, which was extremely brief with a quick bounce up to just under 200 WMA.  I think it’s reasonable to allow some little wiggle-room below, for a brief time—such as a few days in March 2020, among other examples.

Even assuming that the bottom is already in (maybe/maybe not), it is either delusional or dishonest to claim that $22.3k (200 WMA as of 12 June, just before the crash) was anywhere near the bottom for June of 2022.

So far the bottom is $17,593, which happened a little more than 2.5 days prior to this here post .. And the 200-week moving average is currently $22.371 and it appears to be moving up at a pace of nearly $30 per day.

"We " can focus on whatever the fuck "we" like.

You can go live your lil fantasy of hoping the BTC price comes down while you proclaim that you are not hoping for such all that you like..

[...]

You are engaging in a little fantasy if you speculate that my characterization of my leverage f the last year or two going from 0.5% and up to 1% means that there is any chance that I would get liquidated..

[...]

I may have already said too much about my use of leverage situation because you are so desperate and trying to grasp upon anything and leading your imagination into fantasies,

[...much insubstantive and unintelligent sneering and ridicule generally snipped, above and below...]

Well, now you are completely off your rocker:  Wildly accusing me of “fantasies” that are nowhere even near close to my mind, and are not shown in the text that you quoted—

Those appear to be snippits of my opinions about your various responses.. You are focusing on what, exactly?

nor in anything else that I have said—say what, now I’m suddenly fantasizing that you will get liquidated?  All these, rather, are your fantasies.  You are simply projecting.  It is a bit embarrassing that you are suddenly falling apart this way, when I’m the one who just got my assets nearly wiped.

But I am not having any issues.  This is my usual way.. more or less.  I am not treating you any different from anyone else.. just responding to things you have said... or at least trying to.

It is particularly egregious for you to accuse me of fantasizing that you will get liquidated.  Obscene.

That was kind of my interpretation of what you were saying.  Hey I don't claim to understand everything you say..  I do my best given my own time constraints.. I sometimes have other things that I have to do.. I mean I was talking on the phone for about 3 hours yesterday, and then it kind of messed up my schedule because it should have ONLY been a 30 minute conversation at most... those things happen.. and then I also had an issue with a leak in my sink that had been installed about two years ago.. seems that the plumber had not put the pipes on properly.. so I had to fix it, but ONLY after I had been confused about all the water that seemed to have had been leaking for several days without my having had noticed it....just giving examples of some time constraints that sometimes arise.

After I have been on an extended campaign to warn newbies that leverage is dangerous, you made a long post about your own use of leverage—arguing with nobody, for no apparent reason, that leverage works great for you.  (Doth protest too much?)  
I am pretty sure I decided to give that example of my own personal leverage after I had discussed the 200-week moving average as a bottom and that was in the context of responding to the issues brought up by Saylor.

I had actually written up all of the first part, and then after I had already submitted it.. I realized that I should have put something about my own use of leverage too... so that ended up being broken into two posts rather than one.. maybe a bit too confusing.. but some passing ideas that I had that I thought worthy of mentioning given some of the considerable BTC price dynamics and my assessing and reassessing.. and then after coming to some of those conclusions, I though that it was worth outlining some of those ideas.. it was also a theme that I had kind of struggled with when I had met up with those nocoiners.. so there was some repetition in terms of my thinking too.. 

I curtly acknowledged that you are a sophisticated investor, then wrote out a list of warnings for any others who believe they are “sophisticated”.  Now, I am fantasizing that you will get liquidated?  You are nuts—and it shows much about your character.

How am I supposed to know?  That appeared to be the point that you were making in regards to even seemingly low leverage set-ups running risks of leverage.

If our positions were reversed, it seems that you would be fantasizing that I will get liquidated.  There is no other possible reason for you to believe that I would think that way—but that you tend to think that way.  

I don't really think like that.  You seem to have a tendency to want to make more out of something than it is.. You want to take things personal, even when they are not intended that way.

That’s sick, and there is no call to project that onto me.

I don't read the situation that way.

I am disappointed.  I had believed that you had wiser judgment, and a more even keel in troubled waters.  

You are disappointed through your own making.  I am not having any issues, currently.  No hate or vengeance or even ill feelings towards anyone.. Sure the BTC price has corrected way more than expected, but it is getting close to being back to the 200-week moving average which seems to be a good thing... Of course there are no guarantees.. but I have my orders set and prepared for either up or down.  There was about 24 hours about 2-3 days ago that I ended up removing some of my orders. and then I had placed some too close together and then I readjusted.. so I suppose there was some frustration in resetting orders more times than I would have preferred. .. but that would have been 2-3 days ago.. got that all fixed up and in order now.

By the way, I am not sure if I would call myself a sophisticated investor, but maybe that is just a relative term anyhow.. I do have systems in place, but I am not trying to really make price predictions.. but sometimes if it is getting close to points in which my money is running out, then I will sometimes have to rethink some of my orders in both directions... and yeah, there are some other techniques that I have developed over time.. .. but sophisticated?  I am not sure.  attempts at basic techniques and strategies and refining along the way.. if possible.

Although I allow that you may be generally upset as we all are lately,

Yes,,, I already mentioned that..

and all the moreso because so many of your earlier predictions were smashed by events that none of us foresaw

I am not sure if smashed is the right word, because I frequently try to prepare for extremes.  It seems that I already mentioned that I had been more prepared for more extremes this time as compared with previous times.. but yeah.. whatever, you can characterize the defeat of others however you like if it makes you feel MOAR better.. .. and surely there are a lot of variations in how portfolios performed in these kinds of highly volatile days.. and one of the theories is to just live.. live to fight another day.  Some of those funds dealing with high leverage did not live because instead of losing 70% of the value of their holdings or something like that, some of them likely ended up losing 3x 10x or some other outrageous numbers, and sometimes they were using the money of others, too... one of the benefits of mostly just using ones own money.

, it is no excuse for you to go off on me this way.

I think that I have been treating you fairly.  You seem to be very provoking, so you might want to consider if you might contribute to some of the reactions that you receive, in terms of if you are taking extreme positions and also wanting to spin matters or to move goal posts and a variety of tactics that I have seen you using to not even necessarily stick to some topic that you had raised... so I doubt that anyone, including yours truly is being mean to you in any way more than you seem to deserve, and if you are trying to proclaim that you deserve more leniency than others because of some sympathy that you deserve, then I am not sure how those kinds of conclusions would be supported because many of us have a variety of dire and pathetic circumstances that we might not necessarily mention, but does not necessarily mean that we might not have some tough circumstances, also.. including that no one knows if you are a dog (or cat in your case) on the internet.   Tongue

Petition to get JJG and death_wish to discuss and sort their stuff in their DMs.

Starts now. Tongue

Did someone die and put you in charge?

Hey?

Hey?

Hey?
tadamichi

Activity: 168
Merit: 417

武士道

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 11:01:54 AM

Starts now. Tongue
Sadly i dont have 10 merits to give.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 11:03:28 AM

Explanation
Franctoshi

Activity: 784
Merit: 542

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 11:25:28 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/that-s-not-hodling-over-50-of-bitcoin-addresses-still-in-profit
Over 50 percent of Bitcoin address still in profit - i.e 56.2% Address still worth more in United States dollars as at June.20.2022 than when Bitcoin entered the address.
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 11:32:07 AM

I think that Jay and I can probably more or less agree that you have overconfidence in your predictive abilities.  (To put the matter “diplomatically”.)

I beg to differ, losing the stash due to margin gambling is a whole new level of mindrusting compared to selling the bottom and exiting the market without loss (IIRC mindrust even made a small gain or at least no loss). Maybe the term mindrust2ing would be appropriate for leveraged gambling?

mindrust did take a loss.  I quoted this in one of my earlier posts.  Obviously, in $ terms, he took orders of magnitude less loss than I did.

Note that although I had less BTC than he dumped in March 2020, the total $ market value of all the assets I lost was much, much more than his BTC were worth in March 2020.  (Multiply by x; I do not want to give exact numbers.)  Accordingly, I consider his voluntarily self-inflicted loss greater than mine; but most people would consider my loss much greater than his.

I didn’t panic and decide that I wanted fiat more than BTC.  I didn’t fear that BTC may “go to zero”, which mindrust explicitly said multiple times.  I did something foolish that got me trapped, spent months clinging to my BTC while bleeding and sacrificing other assets, then wound up crushed with 0.05 BTC and, at present, $0.28 in USDT plus about enough money in the bank to pay food and household bills for a month.  I do still have some alts; I intend to liquidate some of them to BTC when the market recovers.  (BTC is down, but alts are down more.)

I have repeatedly expressed my negative opinions of mindrust, and stated that if I were to mindrust (i.e., voluntarily panic-dump my BTC in a crash), then I would assuredly kill myself.  Not a joke.

In February's worst crash, a trusted friend advised me to exit at $35k with whatever BTC I could recover - just in case we dropped low enough to wipe me out.  I replied that if I were to dump my BTC at $35k, and it turned out to be unnecessary, then I would kill myself.  I meant that seriously; I was not just joking about it, as I am now (for the moment).  In February, not dumping turned out to be the correct choice.  Before today, I never sold even one satoshi for dollars (other than spending in normal use of Bitcoin as money).

[...]

So, bearing in mind that I am not strictly rational about BTC in the sense of "an economically rational actor", what is the least-bad choice?

mindrust myself out?  As my friend argued, the difference is that mindrust was trying to save his worthless fiat shitcoins; he was at no risk, as long as 1 BTC = 1 BTC.  I am trying to save bitcoins, not dollars; and I would sell the least necessary to free up whatever little bit remains.  I calculate PnL in BTC, not USD.  Though having dollars is nice, because it means I can look for a good opportunity to cash out to BTC.  Anyway, this option potentially carries a very expensive cost externality, as aforesaid; but I do consider all options, even the ones I immediately reject.

Keep scraping along, searching for the bottom?  I can currently survive down to about $29,200; [...]

Though in my opinion, they both deserve great credit for speaking so candidly about it and letting people learn from their mistakes, many of us probably fucked up badly at one point or another and (at least w/r to me it's the case) stayed silent so to not look dumb. We don't know how many diamond hands mindrusts story created, but I bet there are quite a few pairs of them. At least mine got definitely harder from it. And that's good me thinks.

Thanks.

Other replies will need to wait.  I am spending too much time here, when I should be doing something about my lack of BTC and lack of BTC-buying funds.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 11:35:51 AM

I think that Jay and I can probably more or less agree that you have overconfidence in your predictive abilities.  (To put the matter “diplomatically”.)

If we broaden the definition, or create a new trophy entirely...

Particularly considering this theme of this cycle:

The ridonkulous leverage bart and debartening.
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1491

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 11:45:10 AM
Merited by empowering (1), a1 Hashrate LLC2022 (1)

Bro got lyrical r@ped. I don't care what you and JJG think about someone's abilities.
Just shut the F up and clean the thread for others to enjoy. Enough of your "WHO WILL POST THE LONGER PARAGRAPHS" competition.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 12:05:00 PM

Explanation
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 12:07:15 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), shahzadafzal (1), ImThour (1), a1 Hashrate LLC2022 (1)

Enough of your "WHO WILL POST THE LONGER PARAGRAPHS" competition.

JJG vs DW

RIP my scrollwheel

Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1484
Merit: 156

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 12:08:15 PM

Bro got lyrical r@ped. I don't care what you and JJG think about someone's abilities.
Just shut the F up and clean the thread for others to enjoy. Enough of your "WHO WILL POST THE LONGER PARAGRAPHS" competition.

JJG is a veteran while death_wish is a newcomer Tongue

salute to both of them
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1491

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 12:09:29 PM
Merited by empowering (2), a1 Hashrate LLC2022 (1)

JJG is a veteran while death_wish is a newcomer Tongue

It's JJG himself on his alt....
Mbitr
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1321

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 12:13:29 PM
Merited by empowering (2)

And …. meanwhile back at the ranch …on a lighter note  Smiley

https://twitter.com/birdfiip/status/1538949583128055811?s=21&t=R1LuKodP_1k3aS07BDGK6g
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 01:04:56 PM

Explanation
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7954

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 01:12:20 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Bitcoin is restoring it self. And will Boom like this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TruthRaiderHQ/status/1538778699595661314

Nice!  Looks like fun too.

NB this is much smaller than the original video.
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 01:33:08 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Gachapin (1)

Is it just me or price looking promising? Yesterday closed a 3 Day doji reversal candle, highest green volume candle in over a year on this time-frame, during a 3 day weekend none the less.

On the 1 hr, price has broken out of it's short-term resistance downtrend, is consolidating at previous support (as opposed to getting rejected) and closing candles above the 200 MA. Looks trade-able to the upside again.

If this is a V-shaped recovery, then the target would be around $25.5K it seems, another 20% to the upside. Breaking back above the 200WMA would likely lead to such an increase imo.

Edit: Price is also currently attempting to leave oversold conditions on the Daily chart, which usually leads to a 10-25% increase to the upside, even if not necessarily marking the lows.

It's time to see where this dead cat bounce leads us to  Smiley
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11969

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 01:52:15 PM

Dude on the move….

Where this is?

First one first boosted….

Changi Airport Terminal 1

Correct
Pages: « 1 ... 30790 30791 30792 30793 30794 30795 30796 30797 30798 30799 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 [30840] 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 ... 33285 »
  Print  

Jump to: