Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:55:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583505 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
petricag

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:50:37 PM

Sorry but I really dont get you.
You dont like buyback and this is fine.
You sold your ICN and you make nice profit and this is fine too Smiley
But why you now dont go away and find another good project if you dont like this one anymore.
Why you spamming this room whit your vision all the time?
Do you want buy for cheap?

Why do people always tell you to go away when you have another opinion and they cannot argue with you ? So childish

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
snkns

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:51:27 PM

I will be out for sure after the big pump from Polo ... would be nice to see valid arguments to convince me that this is a good idea what is happening ... but unfortunately I see a very strong lake of arguments.  
This guy (snkns) on redit here https://www.reddit.com/r/ICONOMI/comments/620clj/iconomi_introduces_repayment_programme/ its having some really valid concerns and seems that nobody comes to argue against ...

Thanks for the kind mention.  I've now made stop-loss orders for all my ICN.  I really hope they don't fill but today's news is just beyond disappointing.

As a whole, Iconomi's communication just sucks ass.  Today's announcement just seems super sketchy.  Tim doesn't even acknowledge that the plan, this entire time along, was dividends.  They're not even admitting that this is a massive change in position.  

The whitepapers are no longer available on the Iconomi website as far as I can see.

They have a history of not answering simple questions.

Unfortunately, there's a very simple explanation for why their communication is so bad.  It's that they know what they're doing won't stand up to scrutiny, or there are things that they're hiding from us.  It's just really, really disappointing.  I'm still holding out hope though that there's a different explanation altogether.

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:51:38 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 11:02:52 PM by MalReynolds

...I promise I will burn half of coins each month ... where is the demand? Just because I promise to burn some of the coins people will jump in and buy ?

And how is this is different from "I promise Chinese miners will create 12 new Bitcoins worth over $12,000 every ten minutes for the next four years...where is the demand for these new coins?  Just because I mine them, people will jump in and buy?"

If Bitcoin can make an INFLATIONARY coin that is CREATED OUT OF THIN AIR become a success, then I can certainly believe ICONOMI can make a DEFLATIONARY coin BACKED BY ACTUAL FEES AND PROFITS GENERATED BY THE ICONOMI TRADING PLATFORM, INDEXES AND ICO INVESTMENTS become a success, too.  

Instead of "dividends" that choke off American investment, they are now going to replicate "mining" without having a PoW blockchain.  Only in this case, the level of "mining"/burning is REGULATED AND BACKED BY ACTUAL FEES AND REVENUES, not just generated in an open loop with no feedback as Bitcoin does it.  A currency that is backed by actual progress in its use space is superior to the "mine and pray the buyers show up" system pioneered by Bitcoin.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:52:37 PM

The fervor of this community reminds me a lot of Bitshares. I'm sure that this project will end up the same - a scam or just plain failed. I'm sure some of you will make some money before that day though.
CroDam

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:57:37 PM

Sorry but I really dont get you.
You dont like buyback and this is fine.
You sold your ICN and you make nice profit and this is fine too Smiley
But why you now dont go away and find another good project if you dont like this one anymore.
Why you spamming this room whit your vision all the time?
Do you want buy for cheap?

Why do people always tell you to go away when you have another opinion and they cannot argue with you ? So childish

Because every time when you sold your ICN, you come here and start blaming this project and trying to buy for cheap. This is so childish.
When you hold your ICN all is fine whit project. Come on boy, pls.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:10:43 PM

My God, he doesn't understand supply and demand yet self identifies as a trader.

I understand very well the supply and demand. But do you understand that there is no reason for a demand ? Other that hoping to sell to a bigger looser ?
I can also come with a token and say 1k tokens in existence ... please buy in ... I promise I will burn half of coins each month ... where is the demand? Just because I promise to burn some of the coins people will jump in and buy ?

The demand comes from ICONOMI. The more fees generated by the platform, the more ICN will be bought by ICONOMI.
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:10:58 PM

Dear Team Iconomi,

I'm extremely happy that you've decided to take up some of my advices in the past. I have a small request -- I'd really like to get in touch with the core team if possible, because I believe I can make a lot more contributions and help the Iconomi ecosystem grow exponentially.  I've signed up for a Slack account, but I didn't see the core team there.  I'd really love to have a private conversation with Jani or Daniel if possible.  I have some really crazy but awesome ideas I'd like to share with you in private.  Grin

The truth is I'm one of the biggest ICO holders of ICN (top 10 - proof available).  I am also a director of an US-based asset management company.  I believe you're on the right path, and I've got so much to contribute.  This is my space. I've decided to stick with Iconomi long-term, and I'd really love to share my knowledge and thinking with you.  I'm thinking that I might have a way to help you break into the US market.

Just point me in the right direction if you're reading this, and I'd really like to have a word with you.

PS: Please ignore all the naysayers on this thread.  They are amateurs, and they don't know what they're talking about.  Smiley And Big THANK YOU for the great news today! Cheers!

I have a drastic suggestion for the Iconomi Investment Team (I believe it's headed by Daniel Zakrisson).

It is my understanding that Iconomi.Performance Fund (or ICNP for short) typically only invests in Crypto startup with potentials.

However, as ICN's marketcap falls below its fair valuation, I'd highly advise the Investment Team (and Daniel) to consider initiate a "BuyBack Program."  This will have 3 major advantages:

1. By reducing the payout to 3rd-party investors, Iconomi platform will drastically increase its profit margin.

2. By holding ICN in ICNP fund, the dividend will provide a steady stream of guaranteed income that cannot be found in other Crypto financial products today.

3. If you play it right, the move will drastically reduce any group or individual's ability to manipulate the market.  I do not wish to elaborate here, but a smart guy like Daniel would surely know what I'm getting at.  Wink

All major corporations has "stock buyback" program at one point, so why can't Iconomi have one too when the market cap has fallen below its fair valuation?  Smiley

Please think about it if you haven't already.  Cheesy
outbox vision

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:19:38 PM

With burning coins, maybe the price of each ICN would get higher (its no guaranty about this), but in order for you to actually use those gains you would need to diminish your amount of ICN and in the end have none. So, if the project its a success you will be able to actually enjoy the gains only by getting out of the project.

No!!!

ICONOMI burning coins INCREASES YOUR PROPORTIONAL SHARE in the ICN tokens that are left.  If you then choose to go and sell just enough coins at the theoretical slightly-higher price to PUT ONLY THE TRANSMITTED PROFIT IN YOUR POCKET, then the coins you have left represent the SAME PROPORTIONAL SHARE IN THE ICONOMI PROJECT that you had before the burn / profit distribution.  

IF you correctly limit your personal ICN token sales after a burn / profit transmission, THEN you maintain a constant proportional level of ownership in overall ICN tokens PLUS you put profit from the ICONOMI project in your pocket.  

BURNING PROFIT ICN NEVER FORCES ANYBODY OUT OF THE ICONOMI PROJECT.

THE KEY METRIC IS NOT HOW MANY TOKENS YOU HOLD - IT IS MAINTAINING A CONSTANT PROPORTIONAL OWNERSHIP IN THE PROJECT.

I'm sharing this message because i consider it being the perfect explanation.
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:21:57 PM

The question is why would I hold my ICN now as I am not going to get any dividend?

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
calvinstm

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:26:28 PM

The question is why would I hold my ICN now as I am not going to get any dividend?

I honestly cannot believe people are asking this question.  No one ever purchased stocks here?  Shocked  What is the reason for people to buy non-dividend-issuing, non-revenue-sharing stocks on the open market?  you tell me?  Shocked
calvinstm

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:29:42 PM

Question for the **** people here:

What is the incentive for anyone to buy securities of public-traded companies if they're not expecting to ever receive any dividend or share of profits made by the companies?

This is a 5-grade question by the way.  Wink
tiredofscams

Activity: 223

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:33:14 PM

Dear Team Iconomi,

I'm extremely happy that you've decided to take up some of my advices in the past. I have a small request -- I'd really like to get in touch with the core team if possible, because I believe I can make a lot more contributions and help the Iconomi ecosystem grow exponentially.  I've signed up for a Slack account, but I didn't see the core team there.  I'd really love to have a private conversation with Jani or Daniel if possible.  I have some really crazy but awesome ideas I'd like to share with you in private.  Grin

The truth is I'm one of the biggest ICO holders of ICN (top 10 - proof available).  I am also a director of an US-based asset management company.  I believe you're on the right path, and I've got so much to contribute.  This is my space. I've decided to stick with Iconomi long-term, and I'd really love to share my knowledge and thinking with you.  I'm thinking that I might have a way to help you break into the US market.

Just point me in the right direction if you're reading this, and I'd really like to have a word with you.

PS: Please ignore all the naysayers on this thread.  They are amateurs, and they don't know what they're talking about.  Smiley And Big THANK YOU for the great news today! Cheers!

I have a drastic suggestion for the Iconomi Investment Team (I believe it's headed by Daniel Zakrisson).

It is my understanding that Iconomi.Performance Fund (or ICNP for short) typically only invests in Crypto startup with potentials.

However, as ICN's marketcap falls below its fair valuation, I'd highly advise the Investment Team (and Daniel) to consider initiate a "BuyBack Program."  This will have 3 major advantages:

1. By reducing the payout to 3rd-party investors, Iconomi platform will drastically increase its profit margin.

2. By holding ICN in ICNP fund, the dividend will provide a steady stream of guaranteed income that cannot be found in other Crypto financial products today.

3. If you play it right, the move will drastically reduce any group or individual's ability to manipulate the market.  I do not wish to elaborate here, but a smart guy like Daniel would surely know what I'm getting at.  Wink

All major corporations has "stock buyback" program at one point, so why can't Iconomi have one too when the market cap has fallen below its fair valuation?  Smiley

This is bullshit and is probably all orchestrated within the team that seems, I'm sorry to say this, shady. Changing such important aspects as promising ETH "dividends" before ICO and during ICO to buyback is something that should be voted at least, not simply decided without giving investors a chance to decide.

It's obviously completely manipulated as most things in crypto. It has been a nice ride so far with ICN, bought some in ICO and a lot more after ICO below ICO price, traded it back on the first run up, bought more back, but now I have only half of ICO left and it will stay this way.

If ICN ever manages to become what we hoped to become, I still have enough and since all ICO investment is completely covered, I don't care, but I feel sorry for noobs who were buying this shit on the high and will probably still. This buybacks will be peanuts taken from the market, that will soon get overflown with additional amount reserved for team, advisors etc.

This is manipulation at it's finest. Good job.
Enjorlas

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:33:55 PM

What is the incentive for anyone to buy securities of public-traded companies if they're not expecting to ever receive any dividend or share of profits made by the companies?

This is a 5-grade question by the way.  Wink

I'll let Investopedia answer your question. Since you won't listen to us **** people...

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/02/041702.asp

There are a number of ways in which a company can return wealth to its shareholders. Although stock price appreciation and dividends are the two most common ways of doing this, there are other useful, and often overlooked, ways for companies to share their wealth with investors. In this article, we will look at one of those overlooked methods: share buybacks. We'll go through the mechanics of a share buyback and what it means for investors.

The Meaning of Buybacks
A stock buyback, also known as a "share repurchase", is a company's buying back its shares from the marketplace. You can think of a buyback as a company investing in itself, or using its cash to buy its own shares. The idea is simple: because a company can't act as its own shareholder, repurchased shares are absorbed by the company, and the number of outstanding shares on the market is reduced. When this happens, the relative ownership stake of each investor increases because there are fewer shares, or claims, on the earnings of the company.
calvinstm

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:37:36 PM

Hi Enjorlas,

Sorry, you're the smart guy here.. lol.. My question was for those 5th graders who have no clue what they're talking about.  

For the past 5 years or so, the dividend yield for Amazon stock is ZERO. Yet it's been bought like crazy.  The question is WHY?Huh? Why anyone in their right mind would buy Amazon stock and hold it?  Huh Huh Shocked

PS: I applauded Iconomi's move.  I'll be staying with Iconomi long-term.  Grin

This is a 5-grade question by the way.  Wink

I'll let Investopedia answer your question.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/02/041702.asp

There are a number of ways in which a company can return wealth to its shareholders. Although stock price appreciation and dividends are the two most common ways of doing this, there are other useful, and often overlooked, ways for companies to share their wealth with investors. In this article, we will look at one of those overlooked methods: share buybacks. We'll go through the mechanics of a share buyback and what it means for investors.

Read more: Stock Buybacks: Breakdown | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/articles/02/041702.asp#ixzz4cfOKjkyN
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Nachbar90

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 11:38:30 PM

Dear Team Iconomi,

This is bullshit and is probably all orchestrated within the team that seems, I'm sorry to say this, shady. Changing such important aspects as promising ETH "dividends" before ICO and during ICO to buyback is something that should be voted at least, not simply decided without giving investors a chance to decide.

It's obviously completely manipulated as most things in crypto. It has been a nice ride so far with ICN, bought some in ICO and a lot more after ICO below ICO price, traded it back on the first run up, bought more back, but now I have only half of ICO left and it will stay this way.

If ICN ever manages to become what we hoped to become, I still have enough and since all ICO investment is completely covered, I don't care, but I feel sorry for noobs who were buying this shit on the high and will probably still. This buybacks will be peanuts taken from the market, that will soon get overflown with additional amount reserved for team, advisors etc.

The amount of money used to buy back ICN is the exact amount money used to pay out as dividends.
If you have the feeling that this will be peanuts, then I´m wondering why you´ve initially invested into the project at all?!

JOIN OFFICIAL ICONOMI SLACK FOR INSTANT NEWS FROM THE TEAM - http://iconominet.herokuapp.com
calvinstm

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:45:09 PM

haha!!! I just realized why some of you are angry!  Because Iconomi Just KICKED your butts and took away your ability to negatively manipulated the market!!

LOL

Read my old post:

I think it's a really GOOD idea. Its smart as fuck! What ideas do you have? Other than your shit username

Thank you for your support, and don't forget that people who trashed this idea might be part of the FUD group.  Smiley  I'd like to elaborate on my thinking...

What most people fail to realize is that Iconomi is NOT your typical Cryptocurrency.  In its core, Iconomi is pretty much a mix of "tech version" of an offshore hedge fund, a venture capital management firm, and a trading platform. As a fund management company, Iconomi's goal is simply to do everything in its power to maximize profit for its investors.

Keeping that in mind, I believe it would be most advantageous for Iconomi to intervene in ICN market -- especially when people with malicious intent purposely try to artificially suppress the price (to a level much lower than the fair valuation) by exploiting lack of regulations in the crypto trades & employing tactics such as a FUD campaign.

Also keep in mind: ICN is a very different Crypto than every other coin out there in the market today. It is bascially a proft-sharing scheme that pays regular dividends to its holder, and the "dividends" are actually profit from the platform itself.

By scooping up cheaply floated  ICNs in the market, the ICONOMI team will ensure that 1) More profit can be reinvested into the service (instead of remitting to the bad guys who would pick up at a cheap price). 2) The profit will go to the holders of ICNP which will provide stability to the fund. 3) Less under-priced ICN tokens that can be picked up by the bad guys and used to influence the market in a manipulative way.

That's why I'd like to urge the Iconomi Investment Team to look into the possibility of intervening in the ICN market with the proposed ICN.Performance Fund.

It is true that ICO (or Crypto's version of venture capital) will be a major source of profit.  However, don't forget that you can also earn a lot of profit while kicking bad guys' arses at the same time.  Grin
Enjorlas

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:49:46 PM

Starting April 1st Iconomi will be putting up buy walls at the current bid price. So Getty up.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:50:46 PM

The fud sockpuppet accounts start popping up like crazy right after some people sold their ICN for 50k+ satoshi and want to buy back for as cheap as possible

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
tiredofscams

Activity: 223

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:51:51 PM

Dear Team Iconomi,

The amount of money used to buy back ICN is the exact amount money used to pay out as dividends.
If you have the feeling that this will be peanuts, then I´m wondering why you´ve initially invested into the project at all?!

You are missing the point. It's their MO that is the main issue here and this will bite the team back. Don't worry, I still have enough eggs in this basket for my liking. Ignoring PM's shows the real attitude too.
Paidi
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 11:52:18 PM

Easy money when looking at the price of ICN in Liqui vs. kraken, 5k difference satoshi, check now  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: