Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:13:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583505 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:52:25 PM

Starting April 1st Iconomi will be putting up buy walls at the current bid price. So Getty up.

I, for one, am EXTREMELY HAPPY with Iconomi's Move today...    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  

They just took away those FUDDERS' ability to manipulate the market.  LOL

WAY too funny!

PS: Anyone not happy with Iconomi -- Please feel free to dump into Iconomi or anyone else's BUY WALL.. LOL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiredofscams

Activity: 223

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:02:41 AM

Starting April 1st Iconomi will be putting up buy walls at the current bid price. So Getty up.

I, for one, am EXTREMELY HAPPY with Iconomi's Move today...    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  

WAY too funny!

PS: Anyone not happy with Iconomi -- Please feel free to dump into Iconomi or anyone else's BUY WALL.. LOL

You need to bold and use caps to believe yourself more Wink

edit: they will put 50 BTC into buys starting April 1st. Today there was 1350 BTC traded. 50 BTC will be huge buy pressure.
kobilica

Activity: 280
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:04:54 AM

https://vimeo.com/180397900

Just burn the leftover ICN  Shocked
calvinstm

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:14:07 AM

I'm just using bold and cap to express my happiness!   LOL

I actually feel sorry for the FUDDER who dumped into the high 30s this morning...

Way too funny~ lol  Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

PS: Is that you, by the way? Who dumped his ICN into low 40s - high 30s range?  Grin My condolence, Sir.  Smiley

WAY too funny!

You need to bold and use caps to believe yourself more Wink

edit: they will put 50 BTC into buys starting April 1st. Today there was 1350 BTC traded. 50 BTC will be huge buy pressure.
a29654

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:32:46 AM

Can someone help me understand why someone would benefit from holdin ICN now? I understand my "stake"/"portion" of the company will increase but what's the benefit of that? Also, assuming no one is buying how would price increase other than by the devs making "mini pumps" as they buy and burn
outbox vision

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:44:02 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2017, 12:55:38 AM by outbox vision

Can someone help me understand why someone would benefit from holdin ICN now? I understand my "stake"/"portion" of the company will increase but what's the benefit of that? Also, assuming no one is buying how would price increase other than by the devs making "mini pumps" as they buy and burn

If nobody is buying it means by default there's no selling, so each time iconomi would buy, the supply will be diminished and since there's no selling because nobody is buying the same market cap would be divided on less supply, hence higher price / token.

people, understand that this change is the same thing, the only difference would be that they do the "compounding" for us and it works the other way around, instead of buying more shares to receive more dividends, you have less supply which leads to the same effect, in fact this is much better for the small investors.

----

With burning coins, maybe the price of each ICN would get higher (its no guaranty about this), but in order for you to actually use those gains you would need to diminish your amount of ICN and in the end have none. So, if the project its a success you will be able to actually enjoy the gains only by getting out of the project.

No!!!

ICONOMI burning coins INCREASES YOUR PROPORTIONAL SHARE in the ICN tokens that are left.  If you then choose to go and sell just enough coins at the theoretical slightly-higher price to PUT ONLY THE TRANSMITTED PROFIT IN YOUR POCKET, then the coins you have left represent the SAME PROPORTIONAL SHARE IN THE ICONOMI PROJECT that you had before the burn / profit distribution.  

IF you correctly limit your personal ICN token sales after a burn / profit transmission, THEN you maintain a constant proportional level of ownership in overall ICN tokens PLUS you put profit from the ICONOMI project in your pocket.  

BURNING PROFIT ICN NEVER FORCES ANYBODY OUT OF THE ICONOMI PROJECT.

THE KEY METRIC IS NOT HOW MANY TOKENS YOU HOLD - IT IS MAINTAINING A CONSTANT PROPORTIONAL OWNERSHIP IN THE PROJECT.

this message has to be posted on every page until is clear for everybody
a29654

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:48:32 AM

This is assuming the public still want to buy ICN correct? What If no one wants to buy. What incentive does someone have for buying
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:53:28 AM

This is assuming the public still want to buy ICN correct? What If no one wants to buy. What incentive does someone have for buying

The same as before. To increase your money.
outbox vision

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:54:04 AM

The same as buying bitcoin or any other coin for that matter or shares that do not pay dividends.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:00:57 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2017, 01:32:20 AM by MalReynolds

There are only two reasons to hold ICN tokens.  

Reason 1 to hold ICN tokens:  You think their price will go up.

Reason 2 to hold ICN tokens:  They determine your fair share of ICONOMI profit from platform fees (OPM), index appreciation (ICNX) and ICO investments (ICNP).

These two reasons existed before today's announcement.   These two reasons exist after today's announcement.  

Today's announcement has done NOTHING to change the benefit level of ICN tokens, or the reasons to hold those ICN tokens.

All that has happened is the METHOD OF TRANSFER has changed to get your fair share of ICONOMI profit to you.

The original plan was to distribute profits to you as occasional DIRECT PAYMENTS called "dividends".  

The new plan is to distribute profits to you as INDIRECT PAYMENTS by raising the price of the ICN tokens you hold.

Before, if you wanted to put the transmitted profit payments in your pocket, you did nothing; they would magically show up in a seperate ETH account.

Now, if you want to put the transmitted profit payments in your pocket, you have to sell an appropriate amount of your more-valuable ICN tokens at an exchange after each "burn amount" is announced.

IF ICONOMI GENERATES ONGOING, GROWING PROFITS FROM OPM, ICNX AND ICNP....

THEN THERE WILL ALWAYS BE NEW BUYERS OF INCREASINGLY VALUABLE, INCREASINGLY RARE ICN TO CLAIM THOSE PROFITS.

THESE NEW BUYERS ARE WHO YOU WILL SELL YOUR "PROFIT" ICN TOKENS TO...NOT DEV "MINI-PUMPS"

The "correct" amount of ICN tokens to sell is that amount making your personal proportion of all ICN tokens held worldwide to be the same both before and after a quarterly burn.

This action transmits the "correct" amount of profit to you, just as if it had magically appeared in a seperate account as ETH.  

Plus, this action assures you have a constant propoortional ownership level of all ICN coins and keeps your fair share of future ICONOMI profits to be unchanged over time.

Plus, instead of being INFLATIONARY like Bitcoin and Ethereum whose number in circulation get GREATER AND GREATER over time, or instead of the original plan for a CONSTANT 100M ICN tokens, the new burn plan makes ICN to be a DEFLATIONARY token whose number in circulation will become SMALLER AND SMALLER.  This means ICN tokens are becoming scarcer and scarcer as (hopefully) more and more buyers come into the ICONOMI system.  This scarcity should be a major factor in driving ICN prices HIGHER AND HIGHER over time.  

Plus...

NO MORE FUD ABOUT UNREGULATED DIVIDEND-PAYING INVESTMENTS = HERE COMES AMERICAN INVESTORS (POLONIEX) BUYING INTO THE ICONOMI SYSTEM !!!

YOU...BET...YOUR...ASS...I...AM...HODLING !!!

Enjorlas

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:10:28 AM

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 01:19:53 AM

anyone can copy the whole context? my country couldnt access to medium.com

Thanks
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:24:23 AM

anyone can copy the whole context? my country couldnt access to medium.com

Thanks

ICONOMI introduces Repayment Programme
The first quarter of 2017 yielded positive results for the actively-managed ICONOMI.performance DAA. Since its introduction ICONOMI.performance has acquired Golem, Byteball and Santiment. First two have already yielded positive results, while Santiment is not yet publicly traded. Golem investment proceeds were already realised and measure 1,000 ETH, so we decided to distribute them back to ICN token holders. We are aiming to set new industry standards with the ICONOMI repayment programme, which will be used for the first time ever in the second quarter of 2017 and will serve as a proof of concept.
What are the options?
The distributed economy established new asset classes — ICN is one of them. New asset classes require new standards and features, as the concepts from the old economy are no longer viable. One of those is the distribution of created value.
Today’s’ companies are using three main mechanisms to return value to financiers: dividends, stock, interests and buybacks. The first one is practically impossible to realise in the distributed economy because it needs 100% collaboration with exchanges. Interests are also not relevant for our case. The third common form of value distribution to asset holders are buybacks.
Many companies in the traditional financial system frequently employ the buyback method. When assets are regularly purchased on the open market, the demand and purchase of the open sell position pushes prices up. The assets that are bought back can then either be held by the company (as a form of reserve) or taken out of circulation.
The Distributed Economy Way
Buybacks are pointing in the right direction but are still not completely aligned to the concept of the distributed economy. We understand ICO as a process where investors have contributed their assets to the ICONOMI project. ICONOMI is performing well, we have available assets and we want to return them to contributors.
Technically speaking, we will systematically buy ICN tokens on exchanges and “burn” them. That means that we will actually return their contribution at the current market value of the token. “Burning” means that purchased tokens will be taken off the market, with the consequence that the total supply of ICN tokens will decrease. This option represents a fair way for everyone, especially if conducted transparently.
The mechanics of the Repayment Programme
The Q2 2017 repayment programme will be performed in a predetermined manner as follows:
1,000 ETH will be used to purchase ICN in a 90 day period starting from 1st of April 2017.
Purchases will be made on a weekly basis.
All token repurchases will be performed on open markets.
ICN tokens will be repurchased at a price that does not exceed the highest independent bid or the last quoted transaction price. This should not inflate the market price and rather serves as a price support.
Purchase volume should never reach more than 20% of total ICN volume traded in the last 24 hours.
Every purchased token is burned — removed from the outstanding balance of ICN tokens.
ICONOMI will disclose its ICN purchases i.e. total number of tokens purchased and the average price paid per token in a quarterly report for Q2 2017.
The ICONOMI repayment programme and transparency are key parts of our mission. Repayment programme ruleset is in accordance with market standards known in the old economy, and sets best practices for the new economy, and simultaneously serves in the best interest of ICN holders. We will report all its repayments in a quarterly report for the period ending on 30th June 2017, where all important milestones will be thoroughly described.

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
Enjorlas

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:24:38 AM

ICONOMI introduces Repayment Programme

The first quarter of 2017 yielded positive results for the actively-managed ICONOMI.performance DAA. Since its introduction ICONOMI.performance has acquired Golem, Byteball and Santiment. First two have already yielded positive results, while Santiment is not yet publicly traded. Golem investment proceeds were already realised and measure 1,000 ETH, so we decided to distribute them back to ICN token holders. We are aiming to set new industry standards with the ICONOMI repayment programme, which will be used for the first time ever in the second quarter of 2017 and will serve as a proof of concept.

What are the options?

The distributed economy established new asset classes — ICN is one of them. New asset classes require new standards and features, as the concepts from the old economy are no longer viable. One of those is the distribution of created value.
Today’s’ companies are using three main mechanisms to return value to financiers: dividends, stock, interests and buybacks. The first one is practically impossible to realise in the distributed economy because it needs 100% collaboration with exchanges. Interests are also not relevant for our case. The third common form of value distribution to asset holders are buybacks.

Many companies in the traditional financial system frequently employ the buyback method. When assets are regularly purchased on the open market, the demand and purchase of the open sell position pushes prices up. The assets that are bought back can then either be held by the company (as a form of reserve) or taken out of circulation.

The Distributed Economy Way

Buybacks are pointing in the right direction but are still not completely aligned to the concept of the distributed economy. We understand ICO as a process where investors have contributed their assets to the ICONOMI project. ICONOMI is performing well, we have available assets and we want to return them to contributors.

Technically speaking, we will systematically buy ICN tokens on exchanges and “burn” them. That means that we will actually return their contribution at the current market value of the token. “Burning” means that purchased tokens will be taken off the market, with the consequence that the total supply of ICN tokens will decrease. This option represents a fair way for everyone, especially if conducted transparently.

The mechanics of the Repayment Programme

The Q2 2017 repayment programme will be performed in a predetermined manner as follows:

1. 1,000 ETH will be used to purchase ICN in a 90 day period starting from 1st of April 2017.
2. Purchases will be made on a weekly basis.
3. All token repurchases will be performed on open markets.
4. ICN tokens will be repurchased at a price that does not exceed the highest independent bid or the last quoted transaction price. This should    not inflate the market price and rather serves as a price support.
5. Purchase volume should never reach more than 20% of total ICN volume traded in the last 24 hours.
6. Every purchased token is burned — removed from the outstanding balance of ICN tokens.
7. ICONOMI will disclose its ICN purchases i.e. total number of tokens purchased and the average price paid per token in a quarterly report for Q2 2017.

The ICONOMI repayment programme and transparency are key parts of our mission. Repayment programme ruleset is in accordance with market standards known in the old economy, and sets best practices for the new economy, and simultaneously serves in the best interest of ICN holders. We will report all its repayments in a quarterly report for the period ending on 30th June 2017, where all important milestones will be thoroughly described.

magc16

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:25:40 AM

Initially, I was thinking ICN burning might not be a bad thing.  But I think the team should rethink for future dividend payments.  Everyone knows the dangers of keeping ICN at the exchanges.  So if they don't get their share of ETH dividends, it's their fault.

I think Iconomi team should restart dividend payments maybe later this year?  My thinking is that this will increase the value of ICN more than simple burning.  Once the market finds out that we're getting ETH dividends, the ICN price will appreciate automatically.

edited to add:  Unless burning is done to list ICN on POLO.  I would be comfortable with this. 
cerejobastos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:49:50 AM

Price will go up despite the news and the changes. Why are people crying that ICN as no value as of now?
Do you buy gold today to get dividens from it?
NO!
You buy it now and hope to sell it higher later, just the same situation with ICN atm.
Can you wake up and stop nonsense fudding?
Thanks Cheesy

I am a very small investor so this situation doesnt even bother me much if it goes wrong, just trying to clear thigns up for some people around here.

DeadlyEskimo

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:51:29 AM

This is what the team is doing with ICNP revenue not ICN. Make your own fund and pay dividends instead of buying ICN to burn. The fact that ICNP is one fund and made 1k ETH to do this already is great.
a29654

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:01:50 AM

The same as before. To increase your money.

Got it. I re-read your previous message. Thanks for explaining
_DaNiLo_

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:02:13 AM

Here are two formulas to people that want to have dividends, you just sell the value you get of the formula and you still are holding the same %share of Iconomi.

a=b*(1-c/d)
a=b - (c *e)/100

a = Sell
b = Holding
c = NewSupply
d = OldSupply
e= %Share You Had Before

Examples:
You have 10,000 ICN now
Total Supply Now is 100,000,000 (https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/iconomi/)
With the burn let's say it went to 98,500,000
So, using the first formula:

a=b*(1-c/d)
a = 10000*(1-98500000/100000000)
a = 150 ICN's

So, Just sell 150 ICN's and there is your dividend without losing your old %share

OR

If you know how many is your %share you are holding now you can use the second formula.
Let's say you hold 0.01% (10,000 ICN now)
Using the second Formula:

a=b - (c *e)/100
a = 10000 - (98500000*0.01)/100
a = 150 ICN's

So, Just sell 150 ICN's and there is your dividend and still holding 0.01% of Iconomi

a29654

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:06:04 AM

Here are two formulas to people that want to have dividends, you just sell the value you get of the formula and you still are holding the same %share of Iconomi.

a=b*(1-c/d)
a=b - (c *e)/100

a = Sell
b = Holding
c = NewSupply
d = OldSupply
e= %Share You Had Before

Examples:
You have 10,000 ICN now
Total Supply Now is 100,000,000 (https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/iconomi/)
With the burn let's say it went to 98,500,000
So, using the first formula:

a=b*(1-c/d)
a = 10000*(1-98500000/100000000)
a = 150 ICN's

So, Just sell 150 ICN's and there is your dividend without losing your old %share

OR

If you know how many is your %share you are holding now you can use the second formula.
Let's say you hold 0.01% (10,000 ICN now)
Using the second Formula:

a=b - (c *e)/100
a = 10000 - (98500000*0.01)/100
a = 150 ICN's

So, Just sell 150 ICN's and there is your dividend and still holding 0.01% of Iconomi

This is Perfect
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: