Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:45:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583505 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
golfhuso

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:26:39 PM

I agree with Jani though. I don't need them keep talking with us every day. Just let them work on their project.
At least, their progress is good comparing to other ICO.

▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄▄
      ▀▀▀▀  ████
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
            ▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄▄
      ▀▀▀▀  ████
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄           
████  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
[]▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄           
████  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:41:07 PM

Would much rather have devs developing for long term success than marketing to temporarily inflate the coin price.

honolulumark

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Knowledge is power

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 03:41:49 PM

Damn, look at Stratis.
That's like what, 24x since ICO?

Hope we're next.
yespeace

Activity: 243

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:55:41 PM

https://medium.com/iconominet/iconomi-general-q-a-27e96f7f1d6f
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:57:46 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 06:54:48 PM by MoveCrypto

There was a lot of confusion from people who incorrectly thought the repayment plan was a fundamental change to the business model or that ICN no longer represented a share of the profits from Iconomi platform.

It is a fundamental change.  The whole sales pitch of Iconomi was "You bring the $$, our crypto expertise will do the rest!"  The project received an absolutely unprecedented amount of fiat funding during the ICO, indicating a large number of investors who are novices to the crypto world.  The idea of accumulating dividends in ETH is far different from having to periodically take profits by selling off small amounts of ICN.  Plus ETH is substantially more liquid (and reliable) an asset than ICN.

Second, it means no voting on major issues by ICN holders.  This is because if you were able to distribute voting rights (i.e. "ballots") to ICN holders, you could just as easily distribute dividends to them.

Third and relatedly, (and I have brought this up on Reddit several times and still nobody has explained otherwise), stocks in traditional markets that don't pay dividends have other characteristics that ICN does not have that provide actual rather than solely speculative value to shareholders.

Traditional stocks actually let you exercise voting rights.  ICN does not.

Traditional stocks are entitled to transparent accounting and information about how the company is being run.  ICN does not.

Quick list of broken promises, just off the top of my head:
  • Team fund to be moved to segregated account in January
  • Change in service operator (and subsequent refusal to even provide proof that it exists)
  • Periodic "probably bi-weekly" AMAs on Reddit
  • Quarterly expenditure reports showing amount and area of expenses (Iconomi has divested 2000BTC in just the last month.  Where the fuck is it going/has it gone?)

Add to these that we've got no idea on the terms of the Cofoundit spin-off.  Separation payments?  ICN retained? Intellectual property transferred?  You can tell me that ICN still represents an ownership share in Iconomi.  But when IP and employees start walking out the door to "spin-offs" and we have no clue what the terms were, that doesn't feel at all like ownership.

Traditional stocks can get paid out if a company is purchased or liquidated.  That can't happen with ICN.

ICN is opaque and powerless compared to traditional stocks.  It needs to provide dividends in ETH, which has real and established value.  It feels like the team is trying to ensure ICN liquidity (nice timing...) more than it's trying to return actual solid returns to its investors.

The buyback change is like abandoning gold-backed currency in a banana republic.

You make some very good points here.  It will be nice to see these points addressed by the team.  In the meantime, here's another perspective on some of them:

It is a fundamental change.  The whole sales pitch of Iconomi was "You bring the $$, our crypto expertise will do the rest!"  The project received an absolutely unprecedented amount of fiat funding during the ICO, indicating a large number of investors who are novices to the crypto world.  The idea of accumulating dividends in ETH is far different from having to periodically take profits by selling off small amounts of ICN.  Plus ETH is substantially more liquid (and reliable) an asset than ICN.

Looks like many of those big fiat investors are still holding their ICN on the platform after the repayment change:

https://etherscan.io/token/ICONOMI?a=0x29d38fdf26d64fa799276e6615759d27db1f1fcd

I would be surprised if any investors sent 20k+ EUR soley "because ETH dividends".  The whitepaper mentions "profit-sharing" 3 times and lays out a plan for how they will generate the profits.  Dividends are mentioned 1 time in the whitepaper, so it wasn't the main focus of the initial ico pitch.

We are staying on ETH. Lisk could be another option we would consider. However, in current state is not yet ready.

For sure we're not gonna build our own blockchain. This is not our game. We as well didn't build our own data center for our servers.

During the Ethereum ddos attack in October, it was stated that they would even consider switching to a completely different blockchain if that was necessary to make the profit-sharing plan work.

Quick list of broken promises, just off the top of my head:
  • Team fund to be moved to segregated account in January

I will wait to see what they do with the team fund when it unlocks at the end of April before counting this one as a broken promise.

• Change in service operator (and subsequent refusal to even provide proof that it exists)

It was explained on 25 September, while the ico was still ongoing, that Cashila would create an Iconomi legal entity.

https://medium.com/iconominet/legal-part-1-42fa72e1f157

At this point I would like to clarify that for the sake of complete transparency and clear-cut separation, ICONOMI will seek its own juridical personality — Cashila OOD s.r.o. will only be providing a part of its substratum (economic element) to ICONOMI during the time it acts as a service operator, but not its legal personality (legal element). The partial substratum of Cashila OOD s.r.o., joined by additional elements (people, intellectual property and capital, for instance) will together form the substance of ICONOMI, which will acquire its own legal personality. Should the service operator be replaced at any time, its part (for example: people) in ICONOMI shall be replaced, while the rest (for example: capital, intellectual property) continue to exist unobstructed. Cashila OOD s.r.o. as a juridical person will have no ties to ICONOMI, other than ICONOMI using Cashila (cashila.com) for the processing of payments, completely equivalent to all other Cashila users.
A foundation (“Stiftung”) is broadly defined as “assets dedicated to serve a specific purpose”, which in turn translates to a set of dedicated assets acquiring legal personality with a specific purpose, outlined in the founding act. Since, as we have concluded, there is no viable option for ICONOMI to mirror its shareholding structure (based on ICN ownership) directly, it is best that the assets of ICONOMI gain legal personality on their own, while true ownership is managed internally.

• Periodic "probably bi-weekly" AMAs on Reddit

Another AMA would be nice at some point.

With Lisk, we had to wait 7 months for them to setup a Lisk legal entity in Zug before they started publishing monthly financial reports.  During this time there was also a lot of "where are the financial reports?!!" "show us the money!" demands coming from investors.

https://blog.lisk.io/financial-report-2016-7e68cdd13b12

Maybe there is something similar playing out with Iconomi, so I will also wait on this one before counting it as a broken promise.

Traditional stocks can get paid out if a company is purchased or liquidated.  That can't happen with ICN.

Using Lisk (a fork/spin-off of Crypti) as an example again.  Crypti holders were able to exchange their XCR to LSK for a big profit when Crypti was liquidated.  So you can still get paid in such an event.  Although, this is unregulated crypto which relies more heavily on reputation/incentives/trust rather than signed legal documents like with a stocks.

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
snkns

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:54:06 PM

During the Ethereum ddos attack in October, it was stated that they would consider switching to a completely different blockchain if that was necessary to make the profit-sharing plan work.

Excellent point that ties in with what I just wrote on Reddit!  The reason why profit-sharing depended on a stable network is that it was supposed to have been executed via smart contracts.

In response to a statement along the lines of "ICN is like any currency, based on trust that everybody agrees it has value," I wrote:

Quote from:  Me on Reddit just now
No, Iconomi was supposed to be different because profit-sharing was to be done via smart contracts.

From the whitepaper section on ICN (emphasis in original):
Ethereum smart contracts enable a very transparent and secure way of profitsharing among the token holders.

What this was supposed to mean was that for each fund token created, there is a smart contract that securely, transparently, and automatically handles profit-sharing.  This would mean that when I buy ICN, I know that there is already code on the Ethereum blockchain (that I can see and check for myself!) that will automatically take the appropriate management fees, other profits, etc., and distribute them to me at the address where I hold ICN.

That way, when I buy ICN I don't need to trust that people at Iconomi are going to do what they say, so much as I need to trust that the code will execute how it should.

(Same principal extends to the OFM platform. Fund investors are assured of the parameters and security of their investments by smart contracts, rather than just having to trust the fund manager(s)).

This highlights, even more, the enormous change inherent in the repayment program. Everybody could feel way more comfortable if the team said "Here is the smart contract we are deploying alongside the genesis of ICNP tokens to handle the repayment program at set intervals" instead of just "here's what we're gonna do."
petricag

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:59:28 PM

Damn, look at Stratis.
That's like what, 24x since ICO?

Hope we're next.

Stratis its on Poloniex ... we are not allowed there yet .... wait for the devs to be able dump their tokens ... then its time for Polo pump.
petricag

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:26:47 PM

I will wait to see what they do with the team fund when it unlocks at the end of April before counting this one as a broken promise.

And how do you see what they do with the team funds ? When it unlocks ? those funds were locked? Are you sure? Or you just strongly believe this without any real proof ?
So between "Devs having inside information traded those funds like crazy having already 3-5x profit" and "Devs are correct, we can surely trust them they locked the private key in the piggy jar until end of April" you choose as the most likely answer the latest ?
Could've been so easy to setup ... an address whit only one transaction 13M in ... no transaction out untill end of April, that can be checked publicly.
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:03:37 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 08:20:49 PM by MoveCrypto

And how do you see what they do with the team funds ? When it unlocks ? those funds were locked? Are you sure? Or you just strongly believe this without any real proof ?
So between "Devs having inside information traded those funds like crazy having already 3-5x profit" and "Devs are correct, we can surely trust them they locked the private key in the piggy jar until end of April" you choose as the most likely answer the latest ?
Could've been so easy to setup ... an address whit only one transaction 13M in ... no transaction out untill end of April, that can be checked publicly.

This address holds the 13M ICN dev fund + all the unwithdrawn ICN from the ico platform.

If they withdrew portions of the 13M ICN to trade with, then there's no way to put it back into the address without us seeing it on the blockchain.  (Deposits to the ico platform aren't possible, so there's no reason to see any deposits going into that address)

So at the end of April, we should see exactly 13M ICN withdrawn from that address, no less.

If they wanted to trade on inside info, they would have put their own BTC & ETH into the ico anonymously, then used that ICN to trade with.  If that did happen, then I don't think there's any way to prove it, and it's also a common thing for team members to put personal money into their own ico then use the coins to trade.  There's nothing wrong with that as long as the ETH and BTC they put in goes towards paying for the project along with everyone elses' money instead of going directly back into their own personal address.

This is an issue with every ico.  It involves trusting the team to not run with the money or dump the price below ico with a "double-dip" move.

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:15:30 PM

petricag is back at it again! Must have freaked and sold some under 40k thinking we were going to keep going down and now is upset we are back above 40k. What did I tell you about trading on emotions?
petricag

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:25:31 PM

petricag is back at it again! Must have freaked and sold some under 40k thinking we were going to keep going down and now is upset we are back above 40k. What did I tell you about trading on emotions?

you got me ...
Mendeleev

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:27:35 PM

This address holds the 13M ICN dev fund + all the unwithdrawn ICN from the ico platform.

If they withdrew portions of the 13M ICN to trade with, then there's no way to put it back into the address without us seeing it on the blockchain.  (Deposits to the ico platform aren't possible, so there's no reason to see any deposits going into that address)

So at the end of April, we should see exactly 13M withdrawn from that address, no less.

If they wanted to trade on inside info, they would have put their own BTC & ETH into the ico anonymously, then used that ICN to trade with.  If that did happen, then I don't think there's any way to prove it, and it's also a common thing for team members to put personal money into their own ico then use the coins to trade.  As long as they don't go overboard and take a loan to put 1000 BTC into ico then dump on everyone and put the 1000 BTC right back into their own pocket.

This is an issue with every ico, it involves trusting the team to not pull this sort of move or run with the money.

You're right, of course, that there may come a time when all of this can be checked over. But the longer it takes, the more people will become suspicious. And like you say, there are other ways of playing the system anyway.

It's just one point among many, though. When you start to collect all of these different concerns together into a broader picture, you end up with less trust, and more suspicion.

We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose. See where this all goes over the next few months, and beyond.

It shouldn't be left to people, like you, to fill in the blanks where the team have clearly failed.

They've even got Daparski doing their moderating for them! While I'm sure he doesn't mind, I hope he'll be paid/rewarded for this in some way.
stormia

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:27:52 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 08:44:49 PM by stormia

oh my god.

let me make that crystal clear for you.

Jani, the CO-FOUNDER from ICONOMI is the one being referred to in the screen shot.

You are the only one who seems to be confusing him with the guy from cofound.it

Anyone with 2 brain cells would have got that by now, but hey....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not once did I say that the Jani you were talking to was definitely the Jani from Cofound.it

...I said there MAY BE some confusion. I was trying to explain there are TWO Jani's. You jumped to the conclusion that it was definitely the one from Iconomi. I was waiting for clarification. Some kind of adult constructive response like "oh no i asked him it's definitely this or that Jani" but no. Just random name calling.

If this was the Jani from Iconomi then I'm as angry about it as you! I can't understand why he would be on the cofound.it slack that's why I was explaining there might be confusion as this would be a very bad move by Iconomi. I can't believe this would be the case being two different separate companies.

If you are right I apologies for getting angry at you as I should have directed that at Iconomi. But I can't for a second believe this is right without proof or clarification. Something which has still not been provided yet you seem to be sure of?Huh To me there is clearly a confusion in names so unless you can prove otherwise YOU are jumping to conclusions and spreading incorrect information.

kindly explain to me how I am the one who is confused when Jan from confound.it clearly confirms that it is indeed Jani, the co-founder

of ICONOMI.

I quote:

"now we heard it from the man himself :slightly_smiling_face:  thanks for chiming in jani"

What exactly is so controversial about what he said? He is absolutely right, right now they need to focus on developement. What's the point in marketing a product that isn't ready yet? When they could use that time, energy, and money to finish said product?

And who cares if Jani is in the cofound slack? You guys are looking for every little thing to crtisize. He probably is just tired of you annoying fucks asking the same questions over and over again in the iconomi slack. Did you know he also shits in a bathroom? And might occasionally enjoy a cold beer at a bar? Omg but he could use that time to work on iconomi.

These people are just human too and they are never going to be able to please all the needy people in crypto, so more power to them for keeping their focus on the big things and ignoring the constant barrage from so-called investors.

If you aren't happy with the level of communication right now then you are free to sell. Nobody will stop you. I am glad they aren't wasting their time on every little question and concern impatient fucks keep clucking on about. Why should they care about so-called investors who won't trust them and their judgement? True investors would be better off if the lil kids with weak hands just got the fuck out now. If you look at the rich list it is clear the big players aren't worried, just a bunch of whiny kids worried about their lunch money.

Stop bitching and complaining, nobody has time for you. Put your money where your mouth is and just sell already if you can't handle the situation.

It seems like none of you have invested in a real world startup before based on your expectations of perfect transparency and constant communication. That's not how it works, that's not feasible.

Everybody bitching right now reminds me of the people that bitched and complained about ETH during its extended lull period before the huge breakout, I bet you guys would have sold your eth below $4. Go ahead, sell ICN now and see if you regret it later. Only time will tell but something tells me most of you aren't quite dumb enough to take that risk.
Mendeleev

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:42:53 PM

If you look at the rich list it is clear the big players aren't worried

Quite an assumption there.

Who are the big players? How do you know they're not worried?

If you have concerns, it doesn't necessarily mean you sell your pot. And the bigger you are, the harder it is to move it out and sell/dump.

Your sentiments are nice, but "just let them get on with it" isn't the right move for everybody, and people shouldn't be encouraged to keep quiet. Their voices might actually make things work out better for people like you, too.
ajhodge7

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:45:50 PM

ICO...nomi
stormia

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:46:51 PM

If you have concerns, it doesn't necessarily mean you sell your pot. And the bigger you are, the harder it is to move it out and sell/dump.

Your sentiments are nice, but "just let them get on with it" isn't the right move for everybody, and people shouldn't be encouraged to keep quiet. Their voices might actually make things work out better for people like you, too.
If the big players were concerned they would be voicing their concerns and leveraging their positions to get the team to act or speak but they aren't now are they?

And we know for fact that one big fish, Mal, isn't worried about these stupid little things and still believes in Iconomi.

But sure, go ahead and keep on clucking chicken little. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
What a sad existence.
Mendeleev

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:02:22 PM

If the big players were concerned they would be voicing their concerns and leveraging their positions to get the team to act or speak but they aren't now are they?

And we know for fact that one big fish, Mal, isn't worried about these stupid little things and still believes in Iconomi.

But sure, go ahead and keep on clucking chicken little. What a sad existence.

Oh really? You have access to Mal's personal thoughts?

Who are the other big players? How do you know how much ICN petricag has, for example?

You have absolutely no idea how much ICN is backing the concerns being put forward. You're just spouting unverifiable nonsense, and adding little to the discussion.
petricag

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:24:53 PM

How would they be voicing their concerns exactly? Selling/dumping would cause them (and only to them) financial loss. Leveraging their position to get the team to act? How is  that ? As I have told several times, the devs cannot be forced to do anything anymore. If the ICN goes to zero it does not meter to the devs ... they have all those money they have raised during ICO to play around ... So ... what are you talking about?
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:26:38 PM

honestly by now most should be in the clear with their investment, no?  i sold off my initial ico investment and a bit more awhile back when it made first pump to 52k or so, then again to 60k recently.  so now the rest is free to riiiiiide until it moons.  simple really.

not sure why there's non stop ppl here whining...

Man. Have some decency. People invest seriously and usually are stressed when things ain't going well. By the sound of this post,  it seems to me someone made it, so don't accuse people who invested recently and are bothered by the situation.
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:35:12 PM

Some positive vibes and price goes up.ICN too has become market sensitive like btc which is a good sign for traders like me.Buy low and sell high is now possible with ICN too.If price falls,I am going to buy as many as I can.If price rise,I will sell em all

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: