Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:43:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!  (Read 203076 times)
mextrusion

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:18:10 AM

We really need someone from Giga support to give investors info about this situation.

I dont work for Gigawatt, but I can tell you that they have no issues mining themselves!

https://www.litecoinpool.org/stats

Currently number 2 in the Litecoin mining pool.

And they say ICOs are not scams.  Haha.  Seems they sure have room for themselves to mine.

Perhaps that's why we don't get any real updates from them. I hope we didn't pay to get them rich as they are mining with others equipment. 

Maybe they are testing them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:30:46 AM

We really need someone from Giga support to give investors info about this situation.

I dont work for Gigawatt, but I can tell you that they have no issues mining themselves!

And they say ICOs are not scams.  Haha.  Seems they sure have room for themselves to mine.

Believe it or not Giga-Watt was hosting miners before the ICO. The ICO was so that they could expand.

Giga-Watt is not mining for themselves, per se, but rather all the miners point to the Giga-Watt address and probably use a worker name to identify the owner, rather than use the owners address. Giga-Watt does things this way so that they can get paid their fees up front, rather than trusting miners to pay their bills.

Please leave your FUD in the bin outside.

No mining at the moment.
rafzalan

Activity: 714
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:16:26 AM

Believe it or not Giga-Watt was hosting miners before the ICO. The ICO was so that they could expand.

Giga-Watt is not mining for themselves, per se, but rather all the miners point to the Giga-Watt address and probably use a worker name to identify the owner, rather than use the owners address. Giga-Watt does things this way so that they can get paid their fees up front, rather than trusting miners to pay their bills.

Is it FUD that a customer ask about delivery date of his asset?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Mr Frog

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is the King

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:24:17 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2017, 05:49:00 PM by Mr Frog

They finally got a Webcam install inside Giga Watt center.  Grin

I did not post this message, The Russians did it !
fckltx

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:39:45 AM

Biggest ICO fail of 2017?

Who agrees?

totally agree Cheesy

"Best Home for your Mining"  really ?  Roll Eyes More like "Best Storage Space for Miners"

bitcoinguy140

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:14:31 PM

Let's take your comments and compare them to all of the people who are upset about 5-8 month delays.  Im pretty sure 95% of the people are not buying the excuses they are selling.

And yes, they were mining in the past.  You can see here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoT-y5FPoqw

ZedZedNova

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:36:38 AM

Nope. The FUD is the fscking conspiracy theory crapola peddled by lazy noobs who can't be bothered to contact Giga-Watt via the published methods they monitor, or too lazy to even use search to see if their question has already been answered.

If you really wanted an answer rather than just whining about how think you're "being jerked around" you'd contact Giga-Watt directly.

I've been in contact with them several times via email, and not once have they blown me off or ignored me.

No mining at the moment.
ZedZedNova

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:47:20 AM

Well, if they/you are not buying the excuses, then get out of the market.

This is a new venture, doing something in a totally new way, in an area that isn't used this kind of business. They are trying to be above board, but this is the internet, and everyone knows that everyone lies. However, they following the guidelines/rules, and running into bureaucratic red tape, and interpretations of the rules that can differ between inspectors. If an inspector or department, or certification agency wants to play hardball and deny you their approval, they can do it. All they need to do is find one minor nit, and bam, you fail. Sorry, better luck next time.

If you were so sure that this was a scam why did you buy in?

Let's take your comments and compare them to all of the people who are upset about 5-8 month delays.  Im pretty sure 95% of the people are not buying the excuses they are selling.

No mining at the moment.
d3nz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:28:39 AM

Currently do not buy WTT on EtherDelta!

You can't transfer your WTT tokens to GW because the transfer function does not work. Multiple users complaining in the chat.

I have WTT tokens stuck in the EtherDelta wallet and enough ETH to cover the fees. It won't work.

It work's again. I was simply too stupid.
So you can get WTT tokens from etherdelta & get it transferred to GW? If so how much per WTT tokens over there? Thanks

1. yes
2. fluctuating around 1,60 USD
3. keep in mind: you don't get pushed forward in the miner deployment queue although you have first batch tokens then

Thank you for clearing it out, I thought that we can do mine if we bought WTT tokens from Ether Delta.

Is there an exact date that they will be releasing the Batch 3 tokens so we can start now to use on mining it, or we just really need to wait for the POD 3 to complete?

Since it took a while on releasing the WTT tokens for the next batch, I would say the value would PUMP again just like before it reaches the value of $24 and that a good deal but better not to sell it and use it to mine.
Bitcoin2theEnd

Activity: 137
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:19:06 AM

Currently do not buy WTT on EtherDelta!

You can't transfer your WTT tokens to GW because the transfer function does not work. Multiple users complaining in the chat.

I have WTT tokens stuck in the EtherDelta wallet and enough ETH to cover the fees. It won't work.

It work's again. I was simply too stupid.
So you can get WTT tokens from etherdelta & get it transferred to GW? If so how much per WTT tokens over there? Thanks

1. yes
2. fluctuating around 1,60 USD
3. keep in mind: you don't get pushed forward in the miner deployment queue although you have first batch tokens then

Thank you for clearing it out, I thought that we can do mine if we bought WTT tokens from Ether Delta.

Is there an exact date that they will be releasing the Batch 3 tokens so we can start now to use on mining it, or we just really need to wait for the POD 3 to complete?

Since it took a while on releasing the WTT tokens for the next batch, I would say the value would PUMP again just like before it reaches the value of $24 and that a good deal but better not to sell it and use it to mine.

Did you mean to write $2.40
mextrusion

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:04:55 PM

Nope. The FUD is the fscking conspiracy theory crapola peddled by lazy noobs who can't be bothered to contact Giga-Watt via the published methods they monitor, or too lazy to even use search to see if their question has already been answered.

If you really wanted an answer rather than just whining about how think you're "being jerked around" you'd contact Giga-Watt directly.

I've been in contact with them several times via email, and not once have they blown me off or ignored me.

Does anyone know what the mining schedule is for the batches?

Thanks
Alex Storm

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:07:34 PM

seems interesting project, but a little be suspicious..Devs, need your comments
mextrusion

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:00:34 PM

seems interesting project, but a little be suspicious..Devs, need your comments

Just talked with the support group.  It seems very simple to me that Giga Watt really doesn't know when the tokens will be released as they are waiting on the construction to be completed on the PODs before they can release the tokens.  Once the tokens are released the mining can be done.

I'm guessing that they have told people dates in the past and have misled them so they are shy to give dates they don't have any control over.

They seem like a good company but it would be nice if they communicated better as we are generally left to guess whats going on.

I don't think dev's are here as its a real company already and no devs are needed.

bitcoinguy140

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:27:48 PM

I didnt. 

Well, if they/you are not buying the excuses, then get out of the market.

This is a new venture, doing something in a totally new way, in an area that isn't used this kind of business. They are trying to be above board, but this is the internet, and everyone knows that everyone lies. However, they following the guidelines/rules, and running into bureaucratic red tape, and interpretations of the rules that can differ between inspectors. If an inspector or department, or certification agency wants to play hardball and deny you their approval, they can do it. All they need to do is find one minor nit, and bam, you fail. Sorry, better luck next time.

If you were so sure that this was a scam why did you buy in?

kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:37:57 PM

I heard you guys had trouble with Bitmain as you listed them as your "official" partners but in reality they weren't. Is there an active lawsuit for this violation?

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

bitcoinguy140

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:33:39 PM

Also another thing to be aware of.  Gigawatt is giving people who bought tokens and miners the ability to resell their products, but they are offering consignment on one of their partner websites, for a large fee, of course.

So just to recap.

1. Token sale in June, collected millions of dollars(around 19m)
2. Price of BTC up from a low of 1800 to a high of 6000 today. (19m worth approx 60m today)
3. Miners implementation are delayed until March-April based on issues that could have been solved prior to token sale by having inspectors go over all the details.
4. Reselling miners for you for profit on their website(they take a cut of the sale).  No refunds on tokens.
5. Internal issues were not sorted out before starting and collecting 18m in a token sale.  Blame this on "growing pains"
6. No actual solutions, refunds, or otherwise to the customers of the project other than taking back your miners or wait.
7. Gigawatt Generating profits on 18m in Bitcoins for 9-12 months while you wait.
8. Gigawatt building out extensive power infrastructure at your expense.
9. Difficulty increasing exponentially on all Miners by the week.

So all the Gigawatt fanboys here, if this is how you think a good ICO should be run, and you think this was a good investment...  Then let me let you in on my new ICO  Bitcoinguy140watt.  ICO starts soon.

In all seriousness, how could anyone with some common sense not see this as a blatant scam?  I would like to hear some opinions.
Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:37:32 PM

I heard you guys had trouble with Bitmain as you listed them as your "official" partners but in reality they weren't. Is there an active lawsuit for this violation?

That was advertising on thier startup. Bitmain has a section on thier website that they are not official partner and GigaWatt corrected thier website. I think thats it. Still good friends for business.
Lucas Johannesburg

Activity: 128

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:16:42 PM

This is seeming more and more like a hostage situation. They are making it incredibly difficult for people to exit this failure of theirs.
Sadly, if this was an up and running project, I would totally buy 10 S9's and sit back for years and years and gain btc. Their goal is to make large scale mining accessible to normal people, Which is an amazing idea! Which I love!
This was a good idea! Embarking on an untouched atmosphere of possibilities for new businesses and innovation that helps those who aren't already Millionaires.
Personally, I will steer everyone away from GW within my 'small' circle of crypto maniacs.

Also another thing to be aware of.  Gigawatt is giving people who bought tokens and miners the ability to resell their products, but they are offering consignment on one of their partner websites, for a large fee, of course.

So just to recap.

1. Token sale in June, collected millions of dollars(around 19m)
2. Price of BTC up from a low of 1800 to a high of 6000 today. (19m worth approx 60m today)
3. Miners implementation are delayed until March-April based on issues that could have been solved prior to token sale by having inspectors go over all the details.
4. Reselling miners for you for profit on their website(they take a cut of the sale).  No refunds on tokens.
5. Internal issues were not sorted out before starting and collecting 18m in a token sale.  Blame this on "growing pains"
6. No actual solutions, refunds, or otherwise to the customers of the project other than taking back your miners or wait.
7. Gigawatt Generating profits on 18m in Bitcoins for 9-12 months while you wait.
8. Gigawatt building out extensive power infrastructure at your expense.
9. Difficulty increasing exponentially on all Miners by the week.

So all the Gigawatt fanboys here, if this is how you think a good ICO should be run, and you think this was a good investment...  Then let me let you in on my new ICO  Bitcoinguy140watt.  ICO starts soon.

In all seriousness, how could anyone with some common sense not see this as a blatant scam?  I would like to hear some opinions.
Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:43:11 PM

Yhe right, stire everybody away and buy all tokens for 50 cents in januari. No way Jose
Choosewise

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:48:41 PM

Did you really expect 10x returns? You're buying a discount electricity token for gods sake, there's a clear limit of how high it can go.

Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: