Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:35:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:32:16 PM

Thanks for the informative articles. I especially enjoyed looking over the infographic from DNotesEDU.

Here's a fun one: CryptoKitties is taking the Ethereum network by storm: https://cointelegraph.com/news/cryptokitties-sales-hit-12-million-could-be-ethereums-killer-app-after-all

I looked over the CryptoKitties website and read pretty much everything except the white paper. Although you have to put some real money into it, it actually has a lot of educational value. It's a fun way to learn how the block chain and smart contracts work. I'm actually considering getting my older kids some ether and letting them have at it.

I hope gamification is part of DNotes' plan. It's just fun. And it can be a fun way to learn the ropes too if the game is done right.

My daughter and I started getting into this game this past weekend.

Addy named our first Cryptokitty fluffplum, a portmanteau based on the parents names: cloudyredfluff and CrazyPlum.

https://www.cryptokitties.co/kitty/225886

Yeah, my daughter is going to start playing CryptoKitties soon. I just need to figure out what to trade to get her some startup ether (I won't be selling DNotes for the cause LOL).

I read up on it some last night, and it looks strangely addicting...
  That looks really, cool. Great job, Addy.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:05:29 PM

Thanks for the informative articles. I especially enjoyed looking over the infographic from DNotesEDU.

Here's a fun one: CryptoKitties is taking the Ethereum network by storm: https://cointelegraph.com/news/cryptokitties-sales-hit-12-million-could-be-ethereums-killer-app-after-all

I looked over the CryptoKitties website and read pretty much everything except the white paper. Although you have to put some real money into it, it actually has a lot of educational value. It's a fun way to learn how the block chain and smart contracts work. I'm actually considering getting my older kids some ether and letting them have at it.

I hope gamification is part of DNotes' plan. It's just fun. And it can be a fun way to learn the ropes too if the game is done right.

Hey Wiser, I'm glad you and so many people are taking pleasure in the cryptokitty application that seems to be taking the ethereum network by storm.

While DNotes has no immediate plans to enter gaming, it has certainly come up as a topic of interest for us. Growing up I thoroughly enjoyed playing through many games, and in my view I think the wide and forward-thinking (younger) demographics that dominate the online competitive gaming scene make for perfect targets for cryptocurrency immersion. There is also clearly a cultural phenomenon aspect to casual gaming, like that of cryptokitties. I'm sure at the right time in the future we may be active in the gaming markets in some way -- whether by direct development for education or payment purposes, or through strategic partnerships where we may help gaming businesses reach their objectives as part of NextGen VC.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:05:43 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 08:16:56 PM by Dyna

https://cointelegraph.com/explained/how-to-make-blockchain-projects-and-icos-appealing-to-traditional-investors-explained

It looks like the Cointelegraph is writing the simple preface to the DNotes story.  We could add a whole book behind this...oh wait...

Very interesting Denver Dan. I'm not keen on ICO's in their current state, given my lack of trust in the issuers and facilitators; but am not against investing in startups. There isn't a single group in this industry that I would blindly trust with my money at this point in time. That's why I'm so excited for the launch of DNotes' venture capital platform; the ability to invest in new entrepreneurs, facilitated by a group of people I have grown to trust over the last few years. You can rest assured that the businesses DNotes accepts into their system will be viable (no dice games or ponzi schemes), so investors will likely invest with more confidence as they grow to trust the sound judgement of the DNotes team.

Thanks for the link and comments, guys. It is interesting to note that people are beginning to wonder if there are better options to ICOs, after $3+ billions has been raised with a large amount squandered. I agree that 90% of them will fail. There will be a lot of pain and suffering with many left holding the bags.

Of course, there are many options to raise money for worthy projects and do it legally. SEC even encourages using multiple funding platforms done sequentially or concurrently (side by side). For example, one can use Reg. D 506 (c) for the first round and raise the money to pay for the Reg. A+ mini IPO to be launched subsequently.

Unfortunately, it is too much trouble for some issuers determined to get rich quick. A typical ICO does not convey any ownership or voting rights. It does not need any real work or projects. Their challenge is to come up with a compelling White Paper with stunning graphics fill with promises of “cure all snake oils”. The objective is to create the impression that there is no limit to the amount of money an investor can make. It is all about finding a greater fool willing to pay you more than your purchase price. This sort of games always ends badly.

What is DNotes doing differently? We love the philosophy of decentralized issuance of digital currency and governance with the ingenuous consensus system allowing for the transfer of assets of value between two parties without the approval of any central authorities. We believe that the implications are world changing but we must be able to bridge the gap between the centralized world with the new decentralized world. We need to do it legally and transparently, coupled with trust and integrity.

It takes two currencies, and both can be traded or exchanged as a guaranteed exit strategy. For almost 4 years we have been building our strategic path that is quite ingenious. Upon successful completion of our Reg. A+ mini IPO Tier 2 to raise a maximum of $50 million worldwide from accredited and non-accredited investors, it will be historic that investors can invest in both of two worlds – DNotes – the digital currency and DNotes Global, Inc. shares that will eventually trade on OTCQX secondary markets. This will ultimately lead to a full-blown traditional IPO to support many large projects we have envisioned.

Yes, it is official that we have retained the services of Laura Anthony and her team at Legal & Compliance, LLC to advise and assist us in our Reg. A+ mini IPO.

Exciting times ahead. We are planning to grow our team dramatically. Let us know if you like to get more involved. Contact Joe: contact@dnotescoin.com
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:31:27 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/explained/how-to-make-blockchain-projects-and-icos-appealing-to-traditional-investors-explained

It looks like the Cointelegraph is writing the simple preface to the DNotes story.  We could add a whole book behind this...oh wait...

Very interesting Denver Dan. I'm not keen on ICO's in their current state, given my lack of trust in the issuers and facilitators; but am not against investing in startups. There isn't a single group in this industry that I would blindly trust with my money at this point in time. That's why I'm so excited for the launch of DNotes' venture capital platform; the ability to invest in new entrepreneurs, facilitated by a group of people I have grown to trust over the last few years. You can rest assured that the businesses DNotes accepts into their system will be viable (no dice games or ponzi schemes), so investors will likely invest with more confidence as they grow to trust the sound judgement of the DNotes team.

Thanks for the link and comments, guys. It is interesting to note that people are beginning to wonder if there are better options to ICOs, after $3+ billions has been raised with a large amount squandered. I agree that 90% of them will fail. There will be a lot of pain and suffering with many left holding the bags.

Of course, there are many options to raise money for worthy projects and do it legally. SEC even encourages using multiple funding platforms done sequentially or concurrently (side by side). For example, one can use Reg. D 506 (c) for the first round and raise the money to pay for the Reg. A+ mini IPO to be launched subsequently.

Unfortunately, it is too much trouble for some issuers determined to get rich quick. A typical ICO does not convey any ownership or voting rights. It does not need any real work or projects. Their challenge is to come up with a compelling White Paper with stunning graphics fill with promises of “cure all snake oils”. The objective is to create the impression that there is no limit to the amount of money an investor can make. It is all about finding a greater fool willing to pay you more than your purchase price. This sort of games always ends badly.

What is DNotes doing differently? We love the philosophy of decentralized issuance of digital currency and governance with the ingenuous consensus system allowing for the transfer of assets of value between two parties without the approval of any central authorities. We believe that the implications are world changing but we must be able to bridge the gap between the centralized world with the new decentralized world. We need to do it legally and transparently, coupled with trust and integrity.

It takes two currencies, and both can be traded or exchanged as a guaranteed exit strategy. For almost 4 years we have been building our strategic path that is quite ingenious. Upon successful completion of our Reg. A+ mini IPO Tier 2 to raise a maximum of $50 million worldwide from accredited and non-accredited investors, it will be historic that investors can invest in both of two worlds – DNotes – the digital currency and DNotes Global, Inc. shares that will eventually trade on OTCQX secondary markets. This will ultimately lead to a full-blown traditional IPO to support many large projects we have envisioned.

Yes, it is official that we have retained the services of Laura Anthony and her team at Legal & Compliance, LLC to advise and assist us in our Reg. A+ mini IPO.

Exciting times ahead. We are planning to grow our team dramatically. Let us know if you like to get more involved. Contact Joe: contact@dnotescoin.com

Since cryptocurrency currently has little or no baseline for valuation, do you think that the DNotes model will set the standard?

This is kind of a rhetorical question, but I'm curious to hear your point of view, if you care to make it publicly known yet...
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:34:27 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 08:49:05 PM by R-J-F

Looks like pool issues again tonight....

Just got in touch, apparently he has seen an increase of issues lately and investigating potential server issues. Not just the pool server, but other servers he has running as well. Right now it appears to mining ok, but the cron that is reporting the information, like findblocks is stuck or catching up.

Just another update, "As long as the miners can connect to stratum then nothing is lost.", which is the back end that handles and records the information. The error message, such as "We are investingating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP." or "Findblocks disabled, new blocks will currently not show up in the frontend" are on the front end side, usually indicates there is an issue with the cron and updating information back to the website. He is looking into possible solutions to keep the cron running or potentially an MPOS update that may help with the issue.

Excellent, thanks. I only posted that because CRON problems on the front end can eventually lead to failure of the hash engine and back end due to resources being reallocated. MPOS is a great peice of softare but, it can become a memory hog when the pool gets loaded down. Version 1.0.8 was released last month. It contains an update to cronjobs.php or you can just apply the cron update without all the rest available as a seperate package on Git. Thanks!

BTW: This is without a doubt the best DNotes pool currently running, kudos!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:24:19 PM

Since cryptocurrency currently has little or no baseline for valuation, do you think that the DNotes model will set the standard?

This is kind of a rhetorical question, but I'm curious to hear your point of view, if you care to make it publicly known yet...

Brandon, I think that DNotes' model could change the sentiments. Awareness of a better option could lead some investors to favor fundamental values associated with the digital currency. I will not go as far as expecting the DNotes' model to set a standard any time soon.  Speculators are having too much fun and there is still a "sucker" born every minute.
DnotesBagholder

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:08:48 AM

Looking at my name you can tell that I am a holder. I have been in this from the beginning and loved how development was going. I have almost invested as much as I am willing to lose in this project. For a good amount of time I believed that this would be my ticket out of wage slavery and give me the ability to take control of my future and not be dependent on greasy business owners who have no interest in me beyond extracting my labor. When the price went to 10k+ sat I believed that it was the beginning of this dream coming true. Then the crash occurred and dnotes was delisted from poloniex driving what seems like the final nail in the coffin.  

I understand and still believe you guys are in this for the long haul. I am in this for the long haul. I could cut my losses, well they aren't losses since I got into this at sub 100 sat, but I do not want to give up. I want to believe that this will turn around for the better and my loyalty will be rewarded. But as time goes on, this hope is turning to despair. I am going to take one last shot at this and put the last 500$ I am willing to lose on dnotes. I will wait one year for things to turn around.  I will pray. Pray that I am making the right choice. Pray that when I continue to check in here monthly that there will something substantial being discussed. Pray that there aren't 100 more pages of news and discussion that have nothing to do with dnotes. Pray that dnotes 2.0 is released and actually brings something more to the table. Pray that there is something, anything, that pry's these nails and resurrects my faith in dnotes.

Please do not respond to this like you have the others who post here looking for info. I am not new to this and will see it as an insult. I just wanted to say my piece and get this all off my chest. If you want, please give me your reasons for the position dnotes is currently in and your plans to overcome the loss of credibility dnotes has suffered as a result of it's massive losses, terrible volume, and de-listing from poloniex.  I understand that the price does not mean much to you "at this point" but it does for a lot of people. In fact, it matter to most people, including me. What is going to be done to re-invigorate peoples interest in this coin? Please, I am looking for thoughtful and meaningful answers to this question.

And with all this finally off my chest I will leave you to your work and hope this post is not just another nail, albeit small, but another nail none the less. Thanks for reading this and I hope by this time next year I will be able to provide a happier and more confident post on the future of dnotes.

P.S. dnotes is not my only hope of escape from slavery but it is my greatest.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 02:11:48 AM

Looking at my name you can tell that I am a holder. I have been in this from the beginning and loved how development was going. I have almost invested as much as I am willing to lose in this project. For a good amount of time I believed that this would be my ticket out of wage slavery and give me the ability to take control of my future and not be dependent on greasy business owners who have no interest in me beyond extracting my labor. When the price went to 10k+ sat I believed that it was the beginning of this dream coming true. Then the crash occurred and dnotes was delisted from poloniex driving what seems like the final nail in the coffin.  

I understand and still believe you guys are in this for the long haul. I am in this for the long haul. I could cut my losses, well they aren't losses since I got into this at sub 100 sat, but I do not want to give up. I want to believe that this will turn around for the better and my loyalty will be rewarded. But as time goes on, this hope is turning to despair. I am going to take one last shot at this and put the last 500$ I am willing to lose on dnotes. I will wait one year for things to turn around.  I will pray. Pray that I am making the right choice. Pray that when I continue to check in here monthly that there will something substantial being discussed. Pray that there aren't 100 more pages of news and discussion that have nothing to do with dnotes. Pray that dnotes 2.0 is released and actually brings something more to the table. Pray that there is something, anything, that pry's these nails and resurrects my faith in dnotes.

Please do not respond to this like you have the others who post here looking for info. I am not new to this and will see it as an insult. I just wanted to say my piece and get this all off my chest. If you want, please give me your reasons for the position dnotes is currently in and your plans to overcome the loss of credibility dnotes has suffered as a result of it's massive losses, terrible volume, and de-listing from poloniex.  I understand that the price does not mean much to you "at this point" but it does for a lot of people. In fact, it matter to most people, including me. What is going to be done to re-invigorate peoples interest in this coin? Please, I am looking for thoughtful and meaningful answers to this question.

And with all this finally off my chest I will leave you to your work and hope this post is not just another nail, albeit small, but another nail none the less. Thanks for reading this and I hope by this time next year I will be able to provide a happier and more confident post on the future of dnotes.

DNotes has taken a very different path, it is a much more difficult one, but we believe it is the only worthy path. If I understand you correctly, based on this statement "Please do not respond to this like you have the others who post here looking for info. I am not new to this and will see it as an insult", then you may be not satisfied with our consistent messaging, what we have built, creating a foundation that will last supporting DNotes long term. This has been the message that we have shared from the beginning. We have not taken any shortcuts, or made any false promises. We know this strategy doesn't appeal to everyone, DNotes is a long term investment, and unfortunately it may not be the right investment choice for those who do not subscribe to the DNotes philosophy.

TwoCorn

Activity: 135

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 03:17:50 AM

I feel your pain. I too have watched the price dwindle, all the while believing in the long-term plan of the DNotes team.

But as an investment, I keep asking myself - has my opinion of this project changed during this price downturn? My answer is - no. The price of DNotes 2.0 is not properly reflected in the price of DNotes 1.0. The Poloniex delisting? Minor setback. The team had plans to get DNotes 2.0 on new exchanges anyway. Maybe the priority for that ticks up a notch, but other than that, not a big issue. The only setback that bothered me a hair was pushing back release of 2.0 a few months. That happens. If a few months becomes a few more months, I'll re-evaluate then.

As of now, my opinion of the project has not changed. There is massive potential in 2018. I'm hodling. Hodl with me and let's revisit this conversation in 6 months.

CryptoCopywriting.com
I write content and direct response copy for the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry
Website   BitcoinTalk    Twitter  Steemit
Denver Dan

Activity: 39
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:37:23 AM

This is a great read.  He describes the many head winds still ahead of us.  Will the banksters actually allow this technology and industry to flourish?  Among the many points brought up in the article, is how POW mining is getting a bad wrap now with energy consumption.  True or not, that seems to be the FUD du jour from mainstream media.  The author responds to that criticism with,

"Alternative consensus protocols can stop this attack, like Proof of Stake. But more work is needed and Proof of Stake needs to prove itself with a major coin."

DNotes has a chance to showcase it's POS with the launch of 2.0.  Again, I believe the timing is perfect...and I get to buy $500 worth of cheap DNotes too.

https://hackernoon.com/bitcoins-final-boss-22e2a52f9c7d
DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:40:50 AM

CBOE Bitcoin Futures Launch Brings Price Surge

https://dcebrief.com/cboe-bitcoin-futures-launch-brings-price-surge/
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:09:45 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 10:56:47 PM by TeeGee

Essentially, you're hoping that in just a couple of years of investing in a "newer" version of bitcoin from probably just a small investment, that speculative traders will carry you into early retirement by catching and riding a speculative buying wave large enough in the near term -- spawned from the idea that: if one person buys enough coins, that others will follow, and that you can make a profit by selling to them as the price rises. This is very difficult to do--to pick the tops and the bottoms.

The price matters to investors, but what good is the net-present sale valuation of a half-baked loaf of bread? Or a semi-built Lamborghini without any doors and drivetrain? Prices follow value long-term, and DNotes have a long-term vision to build a business ecosystem around our currency that will have significant real-world development use-cases for businesses, that doubles to earn profits that can be reinvested into the currency. Until our ecosystem is built, speculators will drive the price, but once it is finished, the price moves towards mirroring the value behind what has been built. That is why the price only matters to us at the point where the initial blockchain and business ecosystem has been completed. This takes time, and it does not make a lot of sense to tell all your friends that you "own a lambo", when you've only saved half of the money (though to be fair, this is the rule rather than the exception in this industry, at this time). We set out early to not bend the truth to investors, which is again the norm in our industry (I won't name any projects, but some of the claims are truly laughable, and we do extensive research on the competition, and read their code, and know which claims are true and which are not). You can have a speculative asset today that is worth a small fortune now, but may be worth much less, or zero in a couple of years once the prices adjust to reflect the zero intrinsic value behind what was built, or otherwise there are projects like DNotes that focus on building maximal intrinsic value long-term, where this value could be reflected in the price many multiples greater.

Your mindset is currently in the speculative paradigm of short-term gratification, and prone to the arbitrary actions of traders. We do not share the same mindset.

Mindset matters. We don't leave things to speculative chance. You need to have a mindset that is consistent and maintainable to succeed. It is from our mindset that we derive our expectations of the future, and the way in which we evaluate what is before us. I was in the USA when Atlanta played New England in the Superbowl in early March. I was boarding my plane back to New Zealand, and I noted that the score was heavily in Atlanta's favour by 28-3 in the third quarter (a deficit in a Superbowl final that has never been overturned). When I arrived back in New Zealand, I was surprised to hear that New England had won the match through the most unlikely of comebacks. The New England team shared a belief among their coaches, manager, players, and fans, that irrespective of what the current situation was, that they could have a material effect on the outcome of the game. This is the espoused mantra that powers DNotes. And our setbacks are minor in the grand scheme of where we are going. I worry not for price declines coming on the heels of speculative trader pump-and-dump schemes that are typical in this industry, nor being de-listed from an exchange in lieu of our completed system that has been designed to protect the network from the volatility of those exact pump-and-dump schemes.

We have announced a lot of exciting projects heading into 2018. DNotes 2.0 is expected to release early next year (Feb). We are also seeking 50 million dollars of venture financing as part of a Reg A+ Tier 2 mini IPO to fund the expansion of our blockchain platform and business ecosystem -- bringing more brands, properties, services, and strategic partners under the DNotes umbrella, and boosting the ones we already have. Not only are we doing all of this, but the DNotes currency itself will have an ownership claim against common stock in this business ecosystem. We are only just about to embark on creating that intrinsic value buffer to back the DNotes currency that we have long coveted in this forum conversation. We have waited for the right time for both ourselves, and for our industry to make this very serious and purposeful step forward. It is going to take a lot of work. If you choose to stay around with us, I congratulate you for your persistence. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck hoping traders pump the coin in lieu of us building real tangible value behind it.

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:50:33 PM

Essentially, you're hoping that in just a couple of years of investing in a "newer" version of bitcoin with likely only a small investment, that speculative traders will carry you into early retirement by catching and riding a speculative buying wave large enough in the near term that was spawned from the idea that: if one person buys enough coins, that others will follow, and that you can make a profit by selling to them as the price rises. This is very difficult to do--to pick the tops and the bottoms.

The price matters to investors, but what good is the net-present sale valuation of a half-baked loaf of bread? Or a semi-built Lamborghini without any doors and drivetrain? Prices follow value long-term, and DNotes have a long-term vision to build a business ecosystem around our currency that will have significant real-world development use-cases for businesses, that doubles to earn profits that can be reinvested into the currency. Until our ecosystem is built, speculators will drive the price, but once it is finished, the price moves towards mirroring the value behind what has been built. That is why the price only matters to us at the point where the initial blockchain and business ecosystem has been completed. This takes time, and it does not make a lot of sense to tell all your friends that you "own a lambo", when you've only saved half of the money (though to be fair, this is the rule rather than the exception in this industry, at this time). We set out early to not bend the truth to investors, which is again the norm in our industry (I won't name any projects, but some of the claims are truly laughable, and we do extensive research on the competition, and read their code, and know which claims are true and which are not). You can have a speculative asset today that is worth a small fortune now, but may be worth much less, or zero in a couple of years once the prices adjust to reflect the zero intrinsic value behind what was built, or otherwise there are projects like DNotes that focus on building maximal intrinsic value long-term, where this value could be reflected in the price many multiples greater.

Your mindset is currently in the speculative paradigm of short-term gratification, and prone to the arbitrary actions of traders. We do not share the same mindset.

Mindset matters. We don't leave things to speculative chance. You need to have a mindset that is consistent and maintainable to succeed. It is from our mindset that we derive our expectations of the future, and the way in which we evaluate what is before us. I was in the USA when Atlanta played New England in the Superbowl in early March. I was boarding my plane back to New Zealand, and I noted that the score was heavily in Atlanta's favour by 28-3 in the third quarter (a deficit in a Superbowl final that has never been overturned). When I arrived back in New Zealand, I was surprised to hear that New England had won the match through the most unlikely of comebacks. The New England team shared a belief among their coaches, manager, players, and fans, that irrespective of what the current situation was, that they could have a material effect on the outcome of the game. This is the espoused mantra that power DNotes. And our setbacks are minor in the grand scheme of where we are going. I worry not for price declines coming on the heels of speculative trader pump-and-dump schemes that are typical in this industry, nor being de-listed from an exchange in lieu of our completed system that has been designed to protect the network from the volatility of those exact pump-and-dump schemes.

We have announced a lot of exciting projects heading into 2018. DNotes 2.0 is expected to release early next year (Feb). We are also seeking 50 million dollars of venture financing as part of a Reg A+ Tier 2 mini IPO to fund the expansion of our blockchain platform and business ecosystem -- bringing more brands, properties, services, and strategic partners under the DNotes umbrella, and boosting the ones we already have. Not only are we doing all of this, but the DNotes currency itself will have an ownership claim against common stock in this business ecosystem. We are only just about to embark on creating that intrinsic value buffer to back the DNotes currency that we have long coveted in this forum conversation. We have waited for the right time for both ourselves, and for our industry to make this very serious and purposeful step forward. It is going to take a lot of work. If you choose to stay around with us, I congratulate you for your persistence. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck hoping traders pump the coin in lieu of us building real tangible value behind it.

Couldn't have put it better myself, well said Tim.
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 02:10:11 PM

This is a great read.  He describes the many head winds still ahead of us.  Will the banksters actually allow this technology and industry to flourish?  Among the many points brought up in the article, is how POW mining is getting a bad wrap now with energy consumption.  True or not, that seems to be the FUD du jour from mainstream media.  The author responds to that criticism with,

"Alternative consensus protocols can stop this attack, like Proof of Stake. But more work is needed and Proof of Stake needs to prove itself with a major coin."

DNotes has a chance to showcase it's POS with the launch of 2.0.  Again, I believe the timing is perfect...and I get to buy $500 worth of cheap DNotes too.

Thanks for posting the link to such a comprehensive article. I agree that I'm seeing a lot of press about how much electricity POW is using and the environmental implications. I haven't followed them and certainly not done the maths, but just by noticing which channels that news trend was coming from made me feel that it was hyped and artificially motivated in some way. Even so, I do believe that POW is not a long term solution. I recognise it may have been the only way to get bitcoin off the ground and trusted in the beginning. But we're now seeing a lot of negative aspects that POS resolves. I believe that whether the or not it is bitcoin, the cryptocurrencies that dominate in the far future will be POS or at least some secure system that is less resource heavy.

But for me, the most interesting aspect of the article was how it linked banking and fiat currency to the current political systems and power structures. I recently caught flights from Cambodia to Australia, and instantly thought of cryptocurrency when the announcement came over the plane that financial instruments worth US$10,000 or more must be declared. I had to wonder why it was so important that it comes up on every border crossing. The powers that be have a window into the banking system, and only the super rich and large corporations seem to have the skills and resources to hide cash in shelf companies using off-shore accounts and other traditional methods of hiding money from the public eye.

And physical value in cash, gold or other forms is getting easier to spot using the scanning equipment in airports. But cryptocurrency enables users to hold value in a form that is not detected by scanners or the banking systems. And crossing borders without revealing your possession of millions of dollars is now as easy as remembering a nursery rhyme. This is a significant and sudden shift that thwarts control.

The first I heard of asset seizure was when I learned about Kim Dotcom's persecution by the MPAA and the debacle that followed. And my first news of the financial system being manipulated to silence political opponents was when payments to Wikileaks was blocked. In both cases, cryptocurrency came to the rescue and these are real-world examples of how it undermines the current power structures. So I agree with the article when it claims that this power will not be given up easily, and that governments and financial institutions will work to fight against cryptocurrency. But I am also confident that it is a futile effort and they'll never succeed. Cryptocurrency is not some computer code, it is a concept that has been proven and has continued to develop. And no amount of money spent on trying to shame the industry will stop investors profiting from good ideas or from supporting genuine advances in the industry.

So for DNotes, who are taking great care to do things the right way, and are taking what they've learnt from the industry to improve the technology, there is nothing to fear. In fact, all of the efforts that are made to demonise the existing cryptocurrencies will work in DNotes' favour when they solve problems and offer their solutions that have been designed and built around the needs of the unbanked and those marginalised by the old financial systems. The harder the old power brokers fight to make POW and ICOs look bad, the more attractive projects like DNotes, that work within the existing frameworks, will become.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:04:21 PM

Thanks for posting the link to such a comprehensive article. I agree that I'm seeing a lot of press about how much electricity POW is using and the environmental implications. I haven't followed them and certainly not done the maths, but just by noticing which channels that news trend was coming from made me feel that it was hyped and artificially motivated in some way. Even so, I do believe that POW is not a long term solution. I recognise it may have been the only way to get bitcoin off the ground and trusted in the beginning. But we're now seeing a lot of negative aspects that POS resolves. I believe that whether the or not it is bitcoin, the cryptocurrencies that dominate in the far future will be POS or at least some secure system that is less resource heavy...

Even The Weather Network is talking about bitcoin! The article gives the energy consumption 'facts' and makes some good points on the environmental impact of POW, but there are a few things about the industry that the author isn't quite clear on. For example, as an alternative to proof of work, he uses proof-of-importance as an example and doesn't even mention proof of stake (the top contender). There is one statement in the article that is 100% false, and it is something that DNotes can address head on:

"More importantly, the global financial system serves the entire world."  Huh

What is Bitcoin and why it is guzzling energy - https://webfailback.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/is-bitcoin-an-energy-guzzler/90690/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 04:51:51 PM

Did quite a bit of recording the last couple days for the Four Pillars book video series. We are now recorded up to Chapter 12, it may take a bit to get them all up.

Chapter 7 - Organizational Structure and Process

Chapter 7 Concepts 1 & 2

Applying the Systems Approach to Organizational Structure

Balancing Your Formal and informal Structures

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:21:48 PM

Thanks for posting the link to such a comprehensive article. I agree that I'm seeing a lot of press about how much electricity POW is using and the environmental implications. I haven't followed them and certainly not done the maths, but just by noticing which channels that news trend was coming from made me feel that it was hyped and artificially motivated in some way. Even so, I do believe that POW is not a long term solution. I recognise it may have been the only way to get bitcoin off the ground and trusted in the beginning. But we're now seeing a lot of negative aspects that POS resolves. I believe that whether the or not it is bitcoin, the cryptocurrencies that dominate in the far future will be POS or at least some secure system that is less resource heavy...

Even The Weather Network is talking about bitcoin! The article gives the energy consumption 'facts' and makes some good points on the environmental impact of POW, but there are a few things about the industry that the author isn't quite clear on. For example, as an alternative to proof of work, he uses proof-of-importance as an example and doesn't even mention proof of stake (the top contender). There is one statement in the article that is 100% false, and it is something that DNotes can address head on:

What is Bitcoin and why it is guzzling energy - https://webfailback.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/is-bitcoin-an-energy-guzzler/90690/

That's interesting that proof of importance got mentioned rather then proof of stake. PoI is the way NEM determines who gets block rewards, but I do not know any other coins that use that method. Does anyone else here know?

I have little doubt that in a matter of a few years people will move towards Bitcoin alternatives. It's not so much trying to save on electricity that will motivate the shift, but rather getting tired of having to wait ten minutes for a transaction to confirm. Can you imagine paying for your groceries with a BTC transaction and then having to wait in the store with your ice cream and meat for up to 20 minutes just to get that first confirmation? Yeah, me neither!
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:17:54 PM

That's interesting that proof of importance got mentioned rather then proof of stake. PoI is the way NEM determines who gets block rewards, but I do not know any other coins that use that method. Does anyone else here know?

I have little doubt that in a matter of a few years people will move towards Bitcoin alternatives. It's not so much trying to save on electricity that will motivate the shift, but rather getting tired of having to wait ten minutes for a transaction to confirm. Can you imagine paying for your groceries with a BTC transaction and then having to wait in the store with your ice cream and meat for up to 20 minutes just to get that first confirmation? Yeah, me neither!

I wouldn't read too much into it. It sounds like the author was looking for energy efficiency only, and pulled a couple out of a hat. The fact that he didn't mention proof of stake, and thinks the global financial system serves the entire world, kind of says it all. There are 2 billion people that can prove his comment regarding the global financial system wrong.

"There are alternatives to the “proof of work” method of validating changes to the blockchain, such as “proof of importance”, which is analogous to Google’s page ranking systems. Projects such as Gridcoin are based on calculations that are actually useful to science. But these ideas are in their infancy."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:56:51 PM

Bitfinex, Coinbase Services Disrupted as Crypto Price Volatility Continues

https://dcebrief.com/bitfinex-coinbase-services-disrupted-as-crypto-price-volatility-continues/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:12:37 AM

I wouldn't read too much into it. It sounds like the author was looking for energy efficiency only, and pulled a couple out of a hat. The fact that he didn't mention proof of stake, and thinks the global financial system serves the entire world, kind of says it all. There are 2 billion people that can prove his comment regarding the global financial system wrong.

"There are alternatives to the “proof of work” method of validating changes to the blockchain, such as “proof of importance”, which is analogous to Google’s page ranking systems. Projects such as Gridcoin are based on calculations that are actually useful to science. But these ideas are in their infancy."

We believe that Proof of Stake is absolutely the best choice for DNotes. We are the most committed in promoting savings for the long-term. Our DNotesVault is ideally set up for that. The enormous amount of energy consumed to mine Bitcoin using Proof of Work will be a social issue in the future. Right now people are just in awe watching.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: