Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:48:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148794 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:17:23 AM

We believe that Proof of Stake is absolutely the best choice for DNotes. We are the most committed in promoting savings for the long-term. Our DNotesVault is ideally set up for that. The enormous amount of energy consumed to mine Bitcoin using Proof of Work will be a social issue in the future. Right now people are just in awe watching.

Will DNotes have masternodes? If so, what will be the amount of coin needed to run one? What will be the masternode rewards?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:22:29 AM

From a few weeks ago:

Can we see later Masternodes ?   because now i think will be best time to buy some Dnotes for masternodes .

Our focus right now is to ensure that everyone is able to participate in our programs and rewarded on a equal playing ground as much as possible. However, we do plan to have additions to the capability of the network, which would likely require a technology such as a master node. As we progress towards those goals, we will absolutely consider master nodes technology, but I cannot say at this time as we take it very seriously and want to ensure our upgrades are out of necessity and a need for the functionality. I cannot provide a direct answer to your question and I do not want to lead you down the wrong path in the event we don't adopt a master node like system.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:25:31 AM

From a few weeks ago:

Can we see later Masternodes ?   because now i think will be best time to buy some Dnotes for masternodes .

Our focus right now is to ensure that everyone is able to participate in our programs and rewarded on a equal playing ground as much as possible. However, we do plan to have additions to the capability of the network, which would likely require a technology such as a master node. As we progress towards those goals, we will absolutely consider master nodes technology, but I cannot say at this time as we take it very seriously and want to ensure our upgrades are out of necessity and a need for the functionality. I cannot provide a direct answer to your question and I do not want to lead you down the wrong path in the event we don't adopt a master node like system.

I'm not super familiar with the technology, but my understanding is that you need something besides a bunch of PoS wallets to ensure network security and stability. That "something" can either be a masternode or a PoW that goes along with the PoS. When it's just PoS, you have opportunities for compromise and overall network instability. I hope this is being taken into consideration.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:56:24 AM

We believe that Proof of Stake is absolutely the best choice for DNotes. We are the most committed in promoting savings for the long-term. Our DNotesVault is ideally set up for that. The enormous amount of energy consumed to mine Bitcoin using Proof of Work will be a social issue in the future. Right now people are just in awe watching.

Will DNotes have masternodes? If so, what will be the amount of coin needed to run one? What will be the masternode rewards?
DNotes will not have masternodes at the initial launch. However, we want to keep that option on the table. We are actively working on expanding our development team to include full-time employee-developers and contract services. We have a long wish list to pick from. With the right people and adequate funding I am sure that the best projects will make it to the finishing line.

Our funding efforts are now in active mode. The billing clock is on. I have signed off on the project with a long to do list. 
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 03:05:58 AM

From a few weeks ago:

I'm not super familiar with the technology, but my understanding is that you need something besides a bunch of PoS wallets to ensure network security and stability. That "something" can either be a masternode or a PoW that goes along with the PoS. When it's just PoS, you have opportunities for compromise and overall network instability. I hope this is being taken into consideration.

Understandable, there has been a lot of debate about PoS and PoW, which is better and the vulnerabilities of each. Both PoW and PoS the ability to be compromised, but they all require bad actors to dedicate an enormous amount of resources to not only attack the network but also sustain that attack, amidst working against the entirety of the network and those responding to the problem. What I can tell you is the security of the blockchain is among our highest priority. This is in part where DNotes model comes into play, not many players in the industry can dedicate resources to not only the security of the blockchain but also setting up systems, early detection, trigger warnings, watchdogs if you will, etc...

skewerrichesse

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:37:43 AM

Guys, what do you think about the ICO? do you think the minimum cap will be reached?
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:22:55 PM

Guys, what do you think about the ICO? do you think the minimum cap will be reached?

What "ICO"? Are you sure you have the right thread? This is the DNotes thread, and DNotes is doing a Regulation A+ Mini IPO. Here is the DNotes CEO's most recent comments on the matter, which you would have found if you took the time to look back a couple pages into our discussion.

We have finalized our selection for a law firm to assist and guide us in our funding endeavor utilizing Reg. A+ Mini IPO under Title IV Tier 2. This will enable DNotes Global, Inc. to be legally qualified under SEC rules to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors. Under Reg A+ Tier 2, we can conduct general solicitation and worldwide marketing and not required to file state registration. Together with the launching of DNotes 2.0, this will be a game-changer for DNotes. I strongly urge our community read up on Reg. A+ mini IPO and watch some of Laura Anthony's Youtube videos on that subject. She is our lead legal counsel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re1I9uVX9qs
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:41:00 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 04:08:12 PM by Dyna

What "ICO"? Are you sure you have the right thread? This is the DNotes thread, and DNotes is doing a Regulation A+ Mini IPO. Here is the DNotes CEO's most recent comments on the matter, which you would have found if you took the time to look back a couple pages into our discussion.

We have finalized our selection for a law firm to assist and guide us in our funding endeavor utilizing Reg. A+ Mini IPO under Title IV Tier 2. This will enable DNotes Global, Inc. to be legally qualified under SEC rules to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors. Under Reg A+ Tier 2, we can conduct general solicitation and worldwide marketing and not required to file state registration. Together with the launching of DNotes 2.0, this will be a game-changer for DNotes. I strongly urge our community read up on Reg. A+ mini IPO and watch some of Laura Anthony's Youtube videos on that subject. She is our lead legal counsel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re1I9uVX9qs

To clarify, DNotes Global, Inc. is planning a “mini IPO” not an “ICO”. To do that we must file a registration statement with the SEC and be “qualified” under Reg. A+ mini IOP Title IV Tier 2, before we can accept any money.

However, it can be marketed globally, prior to that, to accredited and non-accredited investors with a 10% limit on the investor’s annual income or net worth whichever is greater. The maximum we can raise over a twelve-month period is $50 million. It can be repeated every twelve months. We have not decided on a minimum cap. Given the state of ICOs, DNotes Global mini IPO could be perfectly timed and very popular.

It allows investors to participate in the future of money by owning “DNotes” and some “corporate shares” DNotes Global, Inc. They are both tradeable (in the case of DNotes Global – once setup to trade in the secondary market OTCQX) Furthermore, it has always been our plan to have a full blown traditional IPO one day because of a rapid growth path of global scale as charted on our roadmap.  

As far as I know, no one else is packaging a fully integrated ecosystem in support of their coin. This has been our path since day one. And we always want to be following existing rules and regulations, though I think they are often too burdensome.

I wish ICOs can be structured and conducted in manners that meet existing security laws, either through registration or exemption. Without significant changes to existing laws, it is simply not possible.

SEC Chairman Jay Clayton just made this statement: “Investors should understand that to date no initial coin offerings have been registered with the SEC.”  https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/12/125792-sec-chairman-jay-clayton-issues-statement-initial-coin-offerings-cryptocurrencies/

In the same article, he added, “Specifically, we concluded that the token offering represented an investment of money in a common enterprise with a reasonable expectation of profits to be derived from the entrepreneurial or managerial efforts of others.”

Since it is illegal to sell securities that are not registered or exempt with the SEC this confirmation from the SEC Chairman is very troubling.
We are working very hard to assemble a professional team of software developers, entrepreneurs, and others that share our vision and mindset. All these are keeping me extremely busy.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:09:33 PM

Just noticed today that Craiglist.com now has a button you can check that says “cryptocurrency ok”. It brings up all the stuff listed where the sellers will accept cryptocurrency for. It was interesting to me that the box said “cryptocurrency”, instead of “Bitcoin”, or even “bitcoin”. What also interested me was the number of items that the sellers would accept Bitcoin. Was a lot! I think that sometimes, when we are immersed in our industry, we tend to not recognize how the public perceives this industry, and we sometimes miss, or underestimate the impact cryptocurrency is making. I, for one, continue to be amazed at how much John Q. Public really does know about Bitcoin, in particular. It seems to be catching on quicker that I imagined.

Smokey
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:09:31 PM

Cannabis Company Liberty Leaf Holdings Ltd To Implement Blockchain-Based Smart Contracts

https://dcebrief.com/cannabis-company-liberty-leaf-holdings-ltd-to-implement-blockchain-based-smart-contracts/
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:28:15 AM

Just noticed today that Craiglist.com now has a button you can check that says “cryptocurrency ok”. It brings up all the stuff listed where the sellers will accept cryptocurrency for. It was interesting to me that the box said “cryptocurrency”, instead of “Bitcoin”, or even “bitcoin”. What also interested me was the number of items that the sellers would accept Bitcoin. Was a lot! I think that sometimes, when we are immersed in our industry, we tend to not recognize how the public perceives this industry, and we sometimes miss, or underestimate the impact cryptocurrency is making. I, for one, continue to be amazed at how much John Q. Public really does know about Bitcoin, in particular. It seems to be catching on quicker that I imagined.

Smokey

I think more and more people are getting interested in cryptocurrencies every day. I'm starting to have friends and neighbors and even family members asking me questions about it. Selling stuff you no longer need on Craig's List would be a great way to get into Bitcoin. Far better than mortgaging your house.
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:46:25 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 04:56:44 AM by R-J-F

Smokey

I think more and more people are getting interested in cryptocurrencies every day. I'm starting to have friends and neighbors and even family members asking me questions about it. Selling stuff you no longer need on Craig's List would be a great way to get into Bitcoin. Far better than mortgaging your house.

Judging from all the news and mentions of crypto in all the places we have never seen it before, I would say the industry has or, is very close to reaching critical mass. You can't turn around without seeing an article about bitcoin in the main stream media nor can you be around any of you "none crypto" friends without one or more asking how to get in the markets or, my favorite: "Just what is this bitch coin thing anyway?" Not everyone has style...

The new year should be quite a ride in what I fully see being the 'up" elevator. I really don't think it can be stopped at this point. Throttled, messed with, banned, outlawed or adopted and, of course, taxed but not stopped. Hang on, here we go like it or not!  Grin

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
darwinbravais

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:15:45 AM

How long ICO will run dev?
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:09:18 PM

How long ICO will run dev?

We're getting a lot of these questions about running an ICO lately by people who aren't reading the forum content, even three posts back through the history.

DNotes is not doing an ICO. We are crowdfunding under the jobs act in a Reg A+ Tier II mini-IPO where we will be seeking 50 million US dollars. We have chosen this strategy to ensure international compliance certainty, particularly in the USA - an approach that is not possible with ICOs, which could find themselves under increasing regulatory oversight, or retrospective government action.

Our IPO will mean that both accredited AND non-accredited investors from many countries will be able to contribute to the US-based DNotes Global IPO. The funds from the IPO will be used to further advance the technology behind the DNotes blockchain, expand our current properties' capabilities (Four Pillars of Business Success / DCEBrief.com / DNotesVault.com) and create new ones beneficial to our ecosystem, and to invest in our NextGen Venture Capital platform. NextGen VC will help partner and client businesses to raise capital and operate a successful business, and DNotes Global will be invested in, or receiving income from these joint ventures. Some of the equity in DNotes Global (an initial 25%) has been awarded to the DNotes currency itself, so all revenue generating activities that DNotes Global undertakes add fundamental value to the currency which will actively boost the token's value and price. Provided all feasibility research comes back positive, we also plan to create a regulated cryptocurrency exchange that will allow crypto / US dollar trading.   

These are our immediate plans we will be undertaking heading into 2018. The upgraded DNotes 2.0 blockchain will also launch sometime around February 2018, and continue to be developed concurrently during our mini-IPO. The initial modular release of DNotes 2.0 builds community economic incentives to save and earn interest through multiple mechanisms with unparalleled security that work to create a healthy DNotes economy. The second module will focus on tokenized platform support to allow businesses and users to easily create turnkey blockchain solutions for their decentralized or private applications, which will be heavily drawn on for integrating businesses into NextGen VC (including crowdfunding and the potential for regulated ICOs on our platform).

The CEO and CTO are extremely busy getting everything into action for the IPO, and completing prior commitments that we have made to finish the Four Pillars of Business Success videos to have them ready for NextGen VC as both an advertising vehicle and educational guide. We have acquired the legal counsel of Laura Anthony of Legal & Compliance, LLC  to advise us on the IPO, and we are actively looking to grow our team with more employee developers.

We do things the right way, at the right time. Many things have happened in 2017, and with the spotlight on cryptocurrencies in the media, 2018 is a most opportune time to spring forward into high gear. The whole world is watching. 

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:54:40 PM

The people asking about a DNotes ICO may be spam posters. I saw a similar question on a thread for a different coin that is currently on life support.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 03:57:35 PM

Smokey

It certainly appears the mainstream audience is starting to recognize more and more that there are other solid options aside from bitcoin. Bitcoin is of course still the industry leader, but I do remember when people wouldn't even talk about anything aside from bitcoin. Then it became all about blockchain, and don't bother unless the conversation includes blockchain. Now we may be reaching the period where the whole industry is being recognized and people are realizing there are a lot of options and choices. This will be the perfect time for DNotes to really start to shine.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:01:32 PM

Smokey

It certainly appears the mainstream audience is starting to recognize more and more that there are other solid options aside from bitcoin. Bitcoin is of course still the industry leader, but I do remember when people wouldn't even talk about anything aside from bitcoin. Then it became all about blockchain, and don't bother unless the conversation includes blockchain. Now we may be reaching the period where the whole industry is being recognized and people are realizing there are a lot of options and choices. This will be the perfect time for DNotes to really start to shine.

Yes, let's have DNotes shine big time... after I've managed to buy a few more Wink
Denver Dan

Activity: 39
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:36:45 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/israeli-pm-bitcoin-could-replace-banks

I don't know if Bitcoin itself will replace banks. However I know of a new complete blockchain ecosystem that can...   Grin
DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:39:03 PM

Bitcoin Among Most Popular Google Search Terms in 2017

https://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-among-most-popular-google-search-terms-in-2017/
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:42:29 PM

This is a great read.  He describes the many head winds still ahead of us.  Will the banksters actually allow this technology and industry to flourish?  Among the many points brought up in the article, is how POW mining is getting a bad wrap now with energy consumption.  True or not, that seems to be the FUD du jour from mainstream media.  The author responds to that criticism with,

"Alternative consensus protocols can stop this attack, like Proof of Stake. But more work is needed and Proof of Stake needs to prove itself with a major coin."

DNotes has a chance to showcase it's POS with the launch of 2.0.  Again, I believe the timing is perfect...and I get to buy $500 worth of cheap DNotes too.

https://hackernoon.com/bitcoins-final-boss-22e2a52f9c7d

Thanks for posting the link to such a comprehensive article. I agree that I'm seeing a lot of press about how much electricity POW is using and the environmental implications. I haven't followed them and certainly not done the maths, but just by noticing which channels that news trend was coming from made me feel that it was hyped and artificially motivated in some way. Even so, I do believe that POW is not a long term solution. I recognise it may have been the only way to get bitcoin off the ground and trusted in the beginning. But we're now seeing a lot of negative aspects that POS resolves. I believe that whether the or not it is bitcoin, the cryptocurrencies that dominate in the far future will be POS or at least some secure system that is less resource heavy...

Even The Weather Network is talking about bitcoin! The article gives the energy consumption 'facts' and makes some good points on the environmental impact of POW, but there are a few things about the industry that the author isn't quite clear on. For example, as an alternative to proof of work, he uses proof-of-importance as an example and doesn't even mention proof of stake (the top contender). There is one statement in the article that is 100% false, and it is something that DNotes can address head on:

"More importantly, the global financial system serves the entire world."  Huh

What is Bitcoin and why it is guzzling energy - https://webfailback.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/is-bitcoin-an-energy-guzzler/90690/

That's interesting that proof of importance got mentioned rather then proof of stake. PoI is the way NEM determines who gets block rewards, but I do not know any other coins that use that method. Does anyone else here know?

I have little doubt that in a matter of a few years people will move towards Bitcoin alternatives. It's not so much trying to save on electricity that will motivate the shift, but rather getting tired of having to wait ten minutes for a transaction to confirm. Can you imagine paying for your groceries with a BTC transaction and then having to wait in the store with your ice cream and meat for up to 20 minutes just to get that first confirmation? Yeah, me neither!

I wouldn't read too much into it. It sounds like the author was looking for energy efficiency only, and pulled a couple out of a hat. The fact that he didn't mention proof of stake, and thinks the global financial system serves the entire world, kind of says it all. There are 2 billion people that can prove his comment regarding the global financial system wrong.

"There are alternatives to the “proof of work” method of validating changes to the blockchain, such as “proof of importance”, which is analogous to Google’s page ranking systems. Projects such as Gridcoin are based on calculations that are actually useful to science. But these ideas are in their infancy."

All very interesting. So now I'm wondering if weather channels are an indicator of cryptocurrency awareness penetration, or has my knowledge fallen so far behind that Proof Of Importance is revealed to me through sidestream media? I like the idea of using computing power to calculate something useful. But I feel like less calculation-heavy models like POS have more potential to be inclusive, function better on mobile devices, and enable faster transactions.

As for public awareness, I'm currently spending a week in Australia for a wedding. Last time I was here, and people asked me what I did, the mention of 'cryptocurency' would result in blank stares, or a fifteen minute explainer. Now the person massaging my back says, "oh cryptocurrency? Like bitcoin and ICOs and stuff?" And this is representative now of the responses I"m getting. I think the exponential bull run and record breaking market cap has kept bitcoin in mainstream media so long that awareness is seeped into the general population now. That is a significant broadening of the market base. And I'm seeing awareness of the fact that you don't need to be a whole coin growing, which is working as an attractor for people who see bitcoin like buying a 'scratchie card' for $5 to see if they'll wind $20 with a vague hop of much more.

The thing that I see stopping a massive generalised public gamble from occurring is that the stakes are automatically raised by the current transaction fees. To make the $20 fee worthwhile, you need to be $100 or more on this new wheel of fortune. But if a fork comes through that successfully drops that transaction fees to keep them under one dollar, I'm expecting a massive price spike as petty investors flood the market.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: