Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:12:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread  (Read 180232 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:18:30 AM

Only a failing shitcoin needs a self moderated thread   lol

Every single thread could do with moderating since 50% of the posters on this forum are/or act like children.

On keyboard, the big d, rusty shackleford
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rmhuntley

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

HALA MADRID

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:59:28 PM

I"ve been trying to sync for roughly 24hours now. I keep getting a msg saying the checkpoint is to old and to wait for the blockchain to download, but it stops at 98% and has stayed there.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:31:10 AM

I"ve been trying to sync for roughly 24hours now. I keep getting a msg saying the checkpoint is to old and to wait for the blockchain to download, but it stops at 98% and has stayed there.

Make sure you are on the latest client/wallet: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4om3KFtcvGYaW9tMUtZYmJWVlk&usp=sharing&tid=0B4om3KFtcvGYV3NGdmdOZEZ3c2s

Delete everything in the appdata/roaming/bitbar folder except the wallet.dat file.  When you start the wallet it will re-download the block chain.
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:07:35 PM

has the new client .43 hard forked the chain?
A L I E N
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:48:07 PM

has the new client .43 hard forked the chain?

No, 0.4.2 was originally planned as a hard fork update, however the dev aborted this idea in favor of maintaining integrity of the Bitbar block chain.
All the pools/exchanges/block explorer are on the official/original block chain.
RustyShackleford1950

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:50:27 AM

I have a serious problem here with btb client. I have requested payout from http://btb.ltcoin.net/ pool two days ago. More than 18 btb. My wallet downloads blocks, synchronizes with network, appears as synchronized and than it downloads block again. It's somehow looped. Payout does not appear in my wallet. Nothing helps. I have deleted all files (I've made back up of *.dat file), downloaded 4.03 version of client unzipped to the folder and nothing. The strange thing is that when I download 4.03 the version shown in client is v0.4.2.0g32a928e-beta. Any ideas what is wrong?

BTB already forked once and part of my miners happily mined it for days on the wrong fork (fortunately I never put 100% of my miners on altcoins). You may still be on this fork or a new one.

Updating to latest git didn't make any change so I considered this altcoin dead (if the newest client can't tell it's on a fork there's really no point to the coin).

Delete your chain, and re-download it. That's the problem. It's not forked. This happens with all coins, including bitcoin. There's also a console command (though I can't recall it) to re-scan.

Also, check on the block explorer to make sure the bars are there, if they are, you're good, you just have a problem with your pc that it isn't syncing right.
http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:30:45 AM

I have a serious problem here with btb client. I have requested payout from http://btb.ltcoin.net/ pool two days ago. More than 18 btb. My wallet downloads blocks, synchronizes with network, appears as synchronized and than it downloads block again. It's somehow looped. Payout does not appear in my wallet. Nothing helps. I have deleted all files (I've made back up of *.dat file), downloaded 4.03 version of client unzipped to the folder and nothing. The strange thing is that when I download 4.03 the version shown in client is v0.4.2.0g32a928e-beta. Any ideas what is wrong?

BTB already forked once and part of my miners happily mined it for days on the wrong fork (fortunately I never put 100% of my miners on altcoins). You may still be on this fork or a new one.

Updating to latest git didn't make any change so I considered this altcoin dead (if the newest client can't tell it's on a fork there's really no point to the coin).

Delete your chain, and re-download it. That's the problem. It's not forked. This happens with all coins, including bitcoin. There's also a console command (though I can't recall it) to re-scan.

Also, check on the block explorer to make sure the bars are there, if they are, you're good, you just have a problem with your pc that it isn't syncing right.

Sorry but you don't know what you are talking about: my miners were generating blocks on the fork (you know, blocks you can't find in block explorers with coins unsellable on exchanges) so I'm pretty sure there was one. This is why I was pissed off: this coin wasted my time.

And no, it doesn't happen with every coin (I should know: I have around 20 coins configured). The so-called "problem with [my] pc" was bitbar, nothing else.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
RustyShackleford1950

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:16:57 PM

Sorry but you don't know what you are talking about: my miners were generating blocks on the fork (you know, blocks you can't find in block explorers with coins unsellable on exchanges) so I'm pretty sure there was one. This is why I was pissed off: this coin wasted my time.

And no, it doesn't happen with every coin (I should know: I have around 20 coins configured). The so-called "problem with [my] pc" was bitbar, nothing else.

You didn't read what I said. I didn't say there was never a fork, I said that there wasn't a fork in the last few days. There are only 2 active mining pools, and neither of them were on a fork for the last two weeks.

A L I E N
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:56:07 PM

Big volume in BTB on cryptsy, over 100BTB bought each day for the last couple days..

krasnyoktyabr

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:47:59 PM

Big volume in BTB on cryptsy, over 100BTB bought each day for the last couple days..

If the coins were being bought the price would be increasing. Since the price is decreasing, it appears that people are selling off their bitbars.
A L I E N
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:59:32 PM

If the coins were being bought the price would be increasing. Since the price is decreasing, it appears that people are selling off their bitbars.

Well to be sure all you have to do is look at the market trade history and you will see the largest orders are buys on the asking price:

Code:
2013-07-16 09:41:26 Buy 0.04090000    BTB 13.00000000 BTC 0.53170000
2013-07-16 09:41:26 Buy 0.04090000    BTB 67.15393300 BTC 2.74659586
2013-07-15 14:23:53 Buy 0.04000000    BTB 18.00000000 BTC 0.72000000
2013-07-15 14:13:11 Buy 0.04131502    BTB 49.00000000 BTC 2.02443598
Giskard

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:34:55 AM

addnode ip?
serrveraside

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 08:00:21 PM

I have designed a concept logo for Bitbar if anyone is interested in looking.

http://blog.littlevisuals.com/2013/bitbar-btb/bitbar-logo-concept/

Smiley
RustyShackleford1950

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:16:08 AM

Still under 4,500 BTBs in existence, pretty amazing, it's holding well and staying true to the original concept.

A L I E N
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:14:52 PM

Still under 4,500 BTBs in existence, pretty amazing, it's holding well and staying true to the original concept.

Yes, also BTB's Proof of stake design coupled with its difficulty adjusting every block and 520 confirmations make it a much more secure crypto than some of the others.  With attacks on coins like FTC, maybe people will appreciate this more.
gyverlb

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:26:48 PM

Yes, also BTB's Proof of stake design coupled with its difficulty adjusting every block and 520 confirmations make it a much more secure crypto than some of the others.  With attacks on coins like FTC, maybe people will appreciate this more.

I'm still following this thread to see what is happening but unless there's a clear explanation on why Bitbar forked and why it won't happen again, I won't mine it or even use it again.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
A L I E N
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:59:25 PM

I'm still following this thread to see what is happening but unless there's a clear explanation on why Bitbar forked and why it won't happen again, I won't mine it or even use it again.

Update 4.2, the one that said "mandatory redownload of the blockchain", was originally a fork update.  The largest pool at the time did not update and fork with most of us so it continued down the original chain.  At that point the dev decided to abort the fork because the majority of the hash rate was on the original chain.  The dev worked with the pools/block explorer/exchanges to ensure that they were all on the original longer chain.   Myself and others that immediately updated to 4.2 with the fork and solo mined lost any mined BTB when we re-synced back to the original chain.  Now anyone updating or using 4.2 will connect to the correct original block chain and the fork is gone.  To answer your question, the only reason BTB forked was because the dev created it and that is the only way it could happen again.  I let the dev know that we could assist with coordination if a hard fork was required in the future to avoid a repeat of this.

gyverlb

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:24:17 PM

Update 4.2, the one that said "mandatory redownload of the blockchain", was originally a fork update.  The largest pool at the time did not update and fork with most of us so it continued down the original chain.  At that point the dev decided to abort the fork because the majority of the hash rate was on the original chain.  The dev worked with the pools/block explorer/exchanges to ensure that they were all on the original longer chain.   Myself and others that immediately updated to 4.2 with the fork and solo mined lost any mined BTB when we re-synced back to the original chain.  Now anyone updating or using 4.2 will connect to the correct original block chain and the fork is gone.  To answer your question, the only reason BTB forked was because the dev created it and that is the only way it could happen again.  I let the dev know that we could assist with coordination if a hard fork was required in the future to avoid a repeat of this.

Thanks, now I know what happened and that the community is reacting well which are good points. The only remaining cloud: how is the dev reacting and communicating? Will he make sure that the github HEAD on the master branch is running fine and has been tested properly?

P2pool tuning guide
digeros

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:07:35 AM

Thanks, now I know what happened and that the community is reacting well which are good points. The only remaining cloud: how is the dev reacting and communicating? Will he make sure that the github HEAD on the master branch is running fine and has been tested properly?

I like BITBAR for the fact that the ASIC unfriendly script mining limits hardware to GPU's that can adapt to rapidly changing difficulty as well as hash script,  ADDED to the fact that 520 confirmations prevents people speculatively mining it for a short term sale - because the maturation is long enough to make it risky in terms of the market risk.   I have BIT BARS but am holding them for a longer term profit.   I ended up mining ON THE ABORTED FORK... I lost about 2 bitbars... Oh well it is good to know it wasn't an attack on the network.    Yes Please avoid hardforks unless absolutelynecessary THANKS

I think that as another financial crisis is brewing BITCOIN/NOVACOIN/PPCOIN/NAMECOIN/
rmhuntley

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

HALA MADRID

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:23:58 AM

I've been mining on the p2pool pool for about 24hours, and as of yet to see my address on the payout tab of the site. Is this normal?

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: