Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:43:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTB] The BitBar Information Thread  (Read 180237 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MarKusRomanus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:45:40 PM

We opened a BitBar pool here : http://bitbar.cryptcoins.net/

• Vardiff Stratum proportional pay per block based on share ratio to total shares.
• Worker who finds the block is awarded 2% of the block off the top.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jelly23

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:44:04 PM

Lets say I'm a complete noob, which I am. I'm having the issues raised previously around the checkpoint being too old. As with others I have downloaded the lasted 4.3 client, but I start to get a bit lost when the next instruction is clear everything out of your data directory. Where do I find the data directory? Once found will the rest of the instructions fall neatly into place or am I too computer illiterate to own Bitbar?
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:52:03 AM

Lets say I'm a complete noob, which I am. I'm having the issues raised previously around the checkpoint being too old. As with others I have downloaded the lasted 4.3 client, but I start to get a bit lost when the next instruction is clear everything out of your data directory. Where do I find the data directory? Once found will the rest of the instructions fall neatly into place or am I too computer illiterate to own Bitbar?

-Data directory is here: C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\BitBar folder

-Close the wallet and delete everything but the wallet.dat (wallet.dat contains the keys to your coins)
-Restarting the wallet will re-download the blockchain.
Silverwolf_Ru

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:34:09 AM

Another Bitbar newbie who could use some help here. I kept my wallet.dat file, re-downloaded the blockchain. I had around 15 BitBars before that, and an outgoing transaction of five BitBars, all unconfirmed. After the block-chain re-download they poofed. Not even showing as unconfirmed. Were my mining efforts in vain? What happened?

Bitcoin: 17kz4pWKoMoVupGUYgj8kGomxXUkDHNtVe
Shadowcoin: Seta8CFwP6yvbeCkgfjxXjpkokrQMQovGF ~Coin of the Future!
lukemarshall

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:48:57 PM

Another Bitbar newbie who could use some help here. I kept my wallet.dat file, re-downloaded the blockchain. I had around 15 BitBars before that, and an outgoing transaction of five BitBars, all unconfirmed. After the block-chain re-download they poofed. Not even showing as unconfirmed. Were my mining efforts in vain? What happened?

Solo or pool mining? You wouldn't happen to have been mining on Diggers pool now were you? He has been running a forked pool for some time now. I too watched BTB go poof upon a redownload.

I have had no issue with Pacific Northwest Mining Pool and would recommend using thier pool as it is current.

Lastly, make sure your client is in sync before sending/recieving BTB. If it is not confirming, something is not right.

Its all about what the people want...
Silverwolf_Ru

Activity: 120

Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:48:00 PM

Solo or pool mining? You wouldn't happen to have been mining on Diggers pool now were you? He has been running a forked pool for some time now. I too watched BTB go poof upon a redownload.

I have had no issue with Pacific Northwest Mining Pool and would recommend using thier pool as it is current.

Lastly, make sure your client is in sync before sending/recieving BTB. If it is not confirming, something is not right.

Thank you for the tips. I mined them all solo. The difficulty allowed it Smiley It seems that if you remove and re-dowlnoad the block-chain before the client had broadcast that you mined them (Which can take a long time strangely) you're done for. Now the diff. has spiked. I can't even make one block, not to mention one Bitbar. There goes my Christmas present of a telescope I guess. The client is current now, no issues, just my bad luck I guess.

Bitcoin: 17kz4pWKoMoVupGUYgj8kGomxXUkDHNtVe
Shadowcoin: Seta8CFwP6yvbeCkgfjxXjpkokrQMQovGF ~Coin of the Future!
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:21:34 AM

Hi chekpoint is too old not sinconize? version 0.4.2.0   Huh please help

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
ozboom

Activity: 131
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:29:22 PM

Total coin supply is critical for estimating Bitbar's value and comparing it to Bitcoin (21 million BTC total).
Bitbar.biz only mentions "Ultra rare" in the specs and does not provide a solid figure.

¤ Coinmarketcap.com says 8,055 BTB have been issued to date:
   http://coinmarketcap.com/
¤ Bitbar.info confirms that  8,055 BTB have been issued:
   http://www.bitbar.info/stats/index.php
¤ However, RustyShackleford1950 says there should only be 2,800 BTB total:
   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198958.0
¤ rbdrbd confirms Rusty's figure (2,800 BTB total):
   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=196125.0

This doesn't make any sense to the prospective buyer.
Can anyone ascertain/confirm the total future Bitbar coin supply?
Should we not have accurate info posted on Bitbar.biz?

Thanks for any clarification on this topic.

rhyso

Activity: 129

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:48:50 PM

however many there are, get some before they surpass bitcoin in price... 300% increse today alone... and at over $200 it will not take long at the rate alts are climbing these days...

accrual of monetary value
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:21:30 PM

Total coin supply is critical for estimating Bitbar's value and comparing it to Bitcoin (21 million BTC total).
Bitbar.biz only mentions "Ultra rare" in the specs and does not provide a solid figure.

¤ Coinmarketcap.com says 8,055 BTB have been issued to date:
   http://coinmarketcap.com/
¤ Bitbar.info confirms that  8,055 BTB have been issued:
   http://www.bitbar.info/stats/index.php
¤ However, RustyShackleford1950 says there should only be 2,800 BTB total:
   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198958.0
¤ rbdrbd confirms Rusty's figure (2,800 BTB total):
   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=196125.0

This doesn't make any sense to the prospective buyer.
Can anyone ascertain/confirm the total future Bitbar coin supply?
Should we not have accurate info posted on Bitbar.biz?

Thanks for any clarification on this topic.

There will be 500,000 BTB total from POW mining.  Any other BTB created will be from POS interest minting.
FalconFour

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 03:33:40 AM

Well, I figure I'd better come in here and voice up. Been reading along ever since the first instance of the "checkpoint is too old" error, and the common resolve seems to be "redownload the [entire f%$#ing] blockchain from one peer". As a coin itself, I can't see this as a solution. For mine, it worked - finally resolved the error just by telling it who to connect to. But that's not the point. Let me go back a few hours and explain what led up to this error.

I wanted to give BitBar a try. The name and the concept were the big sell - a low-quantity currency meant to be a "bigger" Bitcoin. BitBars, Bitcoins, and Litecoins. Seems like a "coin" that could stand up to the test of time, unlike some others that are obviously get-rich-quick schemes for the devs. So, I checked out the website. Horribly disappointed. Front page is just "news", telling users to redownload the blockchain? Gotta be kidding me. Well... I press on. Downloads page said the "latest version is 0.4.1", pointing to a Google Drive download link that only has 0.4.2 and 0.4.3 (was dead the first time I tried it, though - blank page). 0.4.2 is the latest news post - what the hell is 0.4.3? Whatever, I grabbed 0.4.3 - newer is better, I guess.

Extracted it (no installer? Come on... more tedium for the end-user, this clearly isn't a project meant to be used for more than just miners), ran it. It started off showing a low number of blocks remaining to download, but then jumped after a few thousand had gone by... chugged away for a while... then eventually just hung for the next hour or so with several thousand blocks remaining (I think over 20,000). So, frustrated, I closed it and opened it up again.

Then I got the dreaded "checkpoint is too old, contact the devs" error. With a fresh download of the blockchain, with the latest client, starting from pure scratch.

Rule of thumb: your currency is doomed if your mainline client can't get online without editing a config file.

I got it working by adding "connect=84.200.4.218" to the config file and running "bitbar-qt.exe -rescan" - without the "rescan", it would still give the checkpoint error even after previous launches with "-rescan" connecting to a dead peer. The price of BTB is higher than any other currency besides Bitcoin right now, so it's definitely worth getting into - but will it last beyond the "OMG BITCOIN $1,000 EVERYTHING ELSE IS FAIR GAME" bubble? I dunno. I'm trying to give it the benefit of the doubt. But the technical errors and sketchy usability put a lot of doubt in my mind about the long-term stability of the project.

Could the blockchain-download bug be caused by a peer that's sending out that partial fork from earlier? Maybe the Bitbar client isn't making the proper differentiation between the good and bad peers, or failing to recover from being given a bad block? I don't know enough technical details, but it doesn't seem like *anyone* in this thread is giving the "checkpoint too old" error the attention it very clearly deserves... just "tape-over the check engine light, redownload block chain".

All this, and I still have no idea what the "Stake: 0.00" in my wallet is referring to. Like I said... usability problems. Tongue

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
ozboom

Activity: 131
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:18:52 AM

@ALIEN
Thank you much for your input. Half a million coins does not make Bitbar "ultra rare" though...
Could you provide some source for this info?
Thanks
JTrain_51

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:20:36 AM

Looks like a cool alt-coin
There are way to many of these thou so they don't get as much attention as they should
lumpycustard

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:22:39 AM

I'm surprised to see this pick up again... I mined 800 usd in 24hrs on a 4-gpu rig last weekend.  In retrospect it was the perfect sweet spot of low difficulty and high price and I doubt it will happen again as the difficulty is coming up fast now.  But it shows that interest is rising, that's for sure.

I was there pretty early on and remember it trading for multiple btc at the time.  Not sure if that'll happen again given the current btc price.  But hey, most things that happen in crypto seem unbelievable at the time.  So who knows really...
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:40:43 AM

well i wanted to mine bitbars but this is what i saw :

source :   http://btb.pnwminer.com/index.php?page=register

Only invited users are allowed to register.

We are currently not accepting new user registrations.

wy is that ??   invite me please per email ................
lumpycustard

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:17:06 PM

Quote from: CaptainAK
Capacity reached, posted Nov 30, 2013 at 13:54 by CaptainAK

I am stopping new user registrations because I have reached the max capacity for my Internet connection. Upgrades are in the works, but it may be a few weeks before registration reopens.
You can still mine solo if you have a few cards.  It's starting to get a bit patchy with the difficulty but definitely an option.
CaptainAK

Activity: 142

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 02:38:48 PM

Registrations are now open again at btb.pnwminer.com
lumierre

Activity: 862

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:38:25 AM

What is the fee structure for BTB? Is it fixed like the other PoW/PoS coins? It's very important to know because it tells if the coins is meant for hoarding or trading.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
CaptainAK

Activity: 142

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 05:45:40 PM

Do you mean TX Fees? I know how MOST of this coin works, but could you be more specific as to what you are asking? I will tell you that it IS like other POS/POW coins in that, if you hoard them long enough, you start getting POS blocks (interest, for lack of a better term), which to me seems to mean it is something you hold onto. The reward is inversely connected to difficulty. More difficulty = lower reward.

What other info are you looking for?
lumierre

Activity: 862

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:23:40 AM

Bitcoin has dynamic fees. You can opt to pay a fee for faster confirmation time but you can transact without paying a fee. In Peercoins, there is a fixed fee of $0.01/kb. It is destroyed rather than giving it to miners like bitcoin. Because of this, PPC would be impractical for microtransactions in the future when its value rises. The coin would be mostly for speculation. I'm looking for a PoS coin which allows for having zero transaction fees when there is less transactions to confirm but is dynamic enough to increase when there is load on the network. This allows for optimum growth because the market can balance liquidity and confirmation time.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: