Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:23:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
gnoll110

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:16:56 PM

Its almost 5 there if I'm not correct.  Not a single update..... interesting.

yep! 4pm now..
Shipping Delays? Has there been a delay in the Avalon chip shipments that I don't know about?

BKKCoins is still refining his prototype. With at least one new version of the PCB layout to be made. Think there's still a window before BKKCoins becomes part of the critical path again, and start effecting shipping dates.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.msg2603817#msg2603817
tencevad

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:06:17 AM

If you have a legitimately urgent question for TerraHash, I recommend contacting them directly instead of posting here. They are pretty responsive to customer service inquiries in my experience.
justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:55:45 AM

Who here is letting terrahash host for you?

It's 16 cents per killowatt here, so I thought it was worth it for my single board.

Anyone know the details of their mining pool? Any fees besides flat monthly?

Will people who let terrahash host for them get their coins a few days earlier due to a lack of shipping?

That's my plan. They charge too much for electricity in my area. Hopefully $10 per board/month is all I have to pay. They say a nominal fee and every 2-3 days you will get your coins sent to you per hash power. Sounds good to me.

I might call TH and check the details. Thinking of getting out of this if pay pal holds up things too much. Plus Bit Coin is going down lately and I could just buy the coins with no risk. 
Scornflakes

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:16:24 AM

any update on them shipping?

No, defintely not on shipping yet,,,still waiting to hear if paypal orders are still in or not?

I think PayPal uses a very heavy handed approach in dealing with sellers and merchants.  I have used PaPal as an ebay seller and to send funds from one PayPal user account to another.  If you are a new seller on ebay, PayPal will hold your funds in escrow for a minimum of 21 days. Whether you ship the item in a timely manner or not; whether you ship products that are exactly as advertised, PayPal will hold new seller funds in escrow for 21 days.

I recently sent money from my Canadian PayPal account to my US PayPal account.  This transaction is taking approx. 14 days to complete (the funds cleared from my bank in 2 business days).  Both my accounts are in good standing and I have had both PayPal accounts for several years.  Why is PayPal doing this?  Because they can.

What deeply concerns me is PayPal reserves the right to do this: "Payments received in your Account may be reversed at a later time, for example, if such a payment is subject to a Chargeback, Reversal, Claim or is otherwise invalidated."

Even more disturbing, "We may close, suspend, or limit your access to your Account or the PayPal Services, and/or limit access to your Balance for up to 180 Days (or longer if pursuant to a court order or other legal process)"

The two clauses are in PayPal's current PayPal User Agreement: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_US

I would be quite reserved in believing that Terrahash will find a favorable response from PayPal in reagards to having their funds released.  There is no benefit for PayPal to move quickly on this matter.  Interest is accruing in PayPal's favor each and every day.

It makes me firmly believe that a technology like bitcoin is long overdue to free us from the abuse of companies like PayPal.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:15:26 AM

If you have a legitimately urgent question for TerraHash, I recommend contacting them directly instead of posting here. They are pretty responsive to customer service inquiries in my experience.

I personally have had mixed experiences with them on questions.  I wont bore you with details, but i hope you guys got better service then me. 
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:30:19 AM

any update on them shipping?

No, defintely not on shipping yet,,,still waiting to hear if paypal orders are still in or not?

I think PayPal uses a very heavy handed approach in dealing with sellers and merchants.  I have used PaPal as an ebay seller and to send funds from one PayPal user account to another.  If you are a new seller on ebay, PayPal will hold your funds in escrow for a minimum of 21 days. Whether you ship the item in a timely manner or not; whether you ship products that are exactly as advertised, PayPal will hold new seller funds in escrow for 21 days.

I recently sent money from my Canadian PayPal account to my US PayPal account.  This transaction is taking approx. 14 days to complete (the funds cleared from my bank in 2 business days).  Both my accounts are in good standing and I have had both PayPal accounts for several years.  Why is PayPal doing this?  Because they can.

What deeply concerns me is PayPal reserves the right to do this: "Payments received in your Account may be reversed at a later time, for example, if such a payment is subject to a Chargeback, Reversal, Claim or is otherwise invalidated."

Even more disturbing, "We may close, suspend, or limit your access to your Account or the PayPal Services, and/or limit access to your Balance for up to 180 Days (or longer if pursuant to a court order or other legal process)"

The two clauses are in PayPal's current PayPal User Agreement: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_US

I would be quite reserved in believing that Terrahash will find a favorable response from PayPal in reagards to having their funds released.  There is no benefit for PayPal to move quickly on this matter.  Interest is accruing in PayPal's favor each and every day.

It makes me firmly believe that a technology like bitcoin is long overdue to free us from the abuse of companies like PayPal.
Ironically enough, paypal is looking at bringing bitcoin in under their roof as another form of payment method. I have watched a video with paypal's CEO mentioning it, and an employee told me he had heard that as well....hmmm makes ya wonder doesn't it....

Edit: That would be great news if they did ,,,and BTC value would sky rocket, Im sure  Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MrBea

Activity: 242

Bitcorns

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 10:56:36 AM

If my order says "processing" does that mean they got my money?
I was first to PayPal so hoping my funds got to them before freeze

Gathering bitcorns.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:02:59 AM

Yes. I also paid with paypal and am processing. Smiley so you should be good. Did you get an invoice from TH and a transfer statement from paypal?

zurg

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:16:12 PM

All my wires are in but still on-hold status.  Sad
On vacation though...  Will call them in a few.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:37:05 PM

Some great and encouraging news today! ( please lets let him do his work and avoid posting any questions Smiley )

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.new#new

newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 12:55:06 PM

Ironically enough, paypal is looking at bringing bitcoin in under their roof as another form of payment method. I have watched a video with paypal's CEO mentioning it, and an employee told me he had heard that as well....hmmm makes ya wonder doesn't it....

Edit: That would be great news if they did ,,,and BTC value would sky rocket, Im sure  Smiley

that's a wet dream... the legal and monetary implications are tremendous. No established company will take on that kind of risk without a prior precedent.

but since this whole thread is hopes and dreams, if paypal does accept btc as a form of payment, it will completely legitimize bitcoin OVER NIGHT, establish it as a mainstream currency, and most important set the precedent for everyone else to follow - all the rats will then come out of the holes and start accepting bitcoin as well. Of course the price will then skyrocket, which will get the financial sector interested, then the good times will roll. Right now bitcoin is at what? 1billion market cap? wall street wont even take a piss on it with that kind of number, but if it becomes 50-100 billion market then there will be interest.  And the beauty of all this is when the government start to enforce policies, the lobbyists of those big firms will be working FOR bitcoin.

While we are having this nice dream with hand on our ****, why not imagine avalon is actually legit, and they will ship all those chips by july, and terrahash is also the most honest company, they will take 2 weeks to assemble and ship it out right away to their customers, and we will all get our 100000 ghs miners by august and make boat load of cash before the difficulty goes through the roof. 

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:13:19 PM

that's a wet dream... the legal and monetary implications are tremendous. No established company will take on that kind of risk without a prior precedent.

but since this whole thread is hopes and dreams, if paypal does accept btc as a form of payment, it will completely legitimize bitcoin OVER NIGHT, establish it as a mainstream currency, and most important set the precedent for everyone else to follow - all the rats will then come out of the holes and start accepting bitcoin as well. Of course the price will then skyrocket, which will get the financial sector interested, then the good times will roll. Right now bitcoin is at what? 1billion market cap? wall street wont even take a piss on it with that kind of number, but if it becomes 50-100 billion market then there will be interest.  And the beauty of all this is when the government start to enforce policies, the lobbyists of those big firms will be working FOR bitcoin.

While we are having this nice dream with hand on our ****, why not imagine avalon is actually legit, and they will ship all those chips by july, and terrahash is also the most honest company, they will take 2 weeks to assemble and ship it out right away to their customers, and we will all get our 100000 ghs miners by august and make boat load of cash before the difficulty goes through the roof. 

Wet Dream? more than likely...BUT: Here is that interview with PayPal President....they reference Bitcoin about the 2:50 seconds mark, however whole interview is interesting.... Ya have to admit it does make ya wonder...Lets keep dreaming! Smiley

Watch: http://www.bloomberg.com/video/paypal-sees-20-billion-in-mobile-transactions-WlokACTBRterdjHAJGNB6w.html

jdape

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 02:06:01 AM

If you've ordered TerraHash 16 chip modular boards, but aren't sure how you're going to mount them...

I may be providing adapters so they can be mounted in standard computer cases (tower or rackmount), if there's enough interest.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246638.0

Fork Networking - VPS, Colocation, Dedicated Servers for Bitcoin & Litecoin. Since 1994! www.forked.net
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:33:07 AM

looks good... what kind of 3d printer do you have??
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:34:10 AM

Yes. I also paid with paypal and am processing. Smiley so you should be good. Did you get an invoice from TH and a transfer statement from paypal?

Now I need to double check with TH... I am in the same situation.  I assumed that the whole paypal situation meant my funds were in the TH paypal account, and that 'processing' on my order page meant my funds were accounted for.

If they actually have received money for my order, then even better.  Grin
Shimple

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:44:56 AM

Now I need to double check with TH... I am in the same situation.  I assumed that the whole paypal situation meant my funds were in the TH paypal account, and that 'processing' on my order page meant my funds were accounted for.

If they actually have received money for my order, then even better.  Grin

If it says processing then TH has received your fund and cleared them. Nothing to worry about there.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:01:28 AM

If you've ordered TerraHash 16 chip modular boards, but aren't sure how you're going to mount them...

I may be providing adapters so they can be mounted in standard computer cases (tower or rackmount), if there's enough interest.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246638.0

hey that looks very interesting. I have been studying some empty pc mid tower cases I have and was pondering how to convert them for the boards,,,and cooling etc,,,keep us posted! thx!

justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:55:05 AM

Some great and encouraging news today! ( please lets let him do his work and avoid posting any questions Smiley )

The boards will eventually work. Good news.
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 04:23:42 AM

I wonder what Terrahash is doing with their tests... They had that board mounted with chips and goodies really early in the game, wondering if they at least got it working..

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 05:56:02 AM

I wonder what Terrahash is doing with their tests... They had that board mounted with chips and goodies really early in the game, wondering if they at least got it working..

I think we all know the answer to this.... no its not working.  If they got it they would no doubt have blogged it, and posted it.  I mean they still never announced batches, paypal update.   Seems to be a pattern at first great communication, then money traded hands.  After that selective tickets get answered. 

Again that could just be my experience, some said they had good luck with tickets.  But i do know my experience with tickets was not pleasant.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: