Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:06:11 PM

It's quite obvious the chips were desoldered, look at the state of those solder pads! Why are there no power caps or power connector installed?  Also what kind of test bed is this... circuit board sitting on a sheet of paper?  ever hear of ESD and what it can do to high density ASICS?  Glad I didn't fall for this...  Good Luck all

Yeah, the solder does not look like it's fresh at all.  Does that happen (the bubbling and deformation) in a reflow oven if there aren't any ICs on the pads?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
massnerder

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:11:49 PM

wonder how long it will take MinermanNC and his ilk to start whining again...     this thread should be renamed the whiner line.     Thanks TH - most of us never doubted for a second.

I think this update addresses NONE of the issues that we are all concerned about.
Why would they make this 2 sentence update and not address anything else? Is it really so difficult to take 5 minutes for a little communication?

I would agree.  The case.... its a case.  And circuit we get to see a led light.   BKK has put TH to shame on progress.    Unanswered tickets, other problems still out there.
Agreed... For some, this little tidbit ( 2 sentences and 2 pictures) seems to have satisfied them as intended by TH. and I will try to continue to give them the benefit of the doubt, as I have. But this still falls short in comparison to the progress we get from BKK who claims he is not been in touch with TH at all if any? and what ever happened to the order queue/chip count email anyways? lol...Oh there I go again whining,,,sorry lubah Smiley

I'm glad to see some attempt being made, but I really want to know what's up with this BKK thing as well as the order queue email that was promised.  My real test will be getting personal responses from them, ie how long it takes them to answer my email or ticket.  Hoping you come through TH, and we all have boards hashing away soon enough  Smiley
BitCointransfers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:19:16 PM

It's quite obvious the chips were desoldered, look at the state of those solder pads! Why are there no power caps or power connector installed?  Also what kind of test bed is this... circuit board sitting on a sheet of paper?  ever hear of ESD and what it can do to high density ASICS?  Glad I didn't fall for this...  Good Luck all

Yeah, the solder does not look like it's fresh at all.  Does that happen (the bubbling and deformation) in a reflow oven if there aren't any ICs on the pads?

I'm going to bet that circuit board is pooched. Looks like a manual chip removal with iron and wick was performe... Those pads look like they are all shorted now.
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:21:27 PM

if you had been watching bkkcoins earlier threads you would know that there were a few flaws with the original board that he had to manually fix, he revised the board design for others to order a week or so ago.

and we should have all known that the first board populated with chips was just a pr ploy, because the firmware had not been tested at that point.

orderring new boards will enhance their speed of assembly.
luckilly most of the firmware has been tested by bkkcoins already so TH should be able to follow the opensource thread, and get it hashing quickly
now all we need is a good cgminer driver, and a bunch of luck.

Thanks for the update TH

Yes, but BKK said they haven't heard a word from Terrahash, so it's obvious that Terrahash is not working with BKK at all, therefore an explanation as to what the boards will be is overdue.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
darkfriend77

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 04:29:06 PM

chips were desoldered

+1

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:34:58 PM

My TH refund experience:

Started on approx June 24 late at night.

Finally got my refund today.  PAINFUL and HORRIBLE process with TH in my case.  Now that i got it i will post.

I had originally asked in a paypal dispute.  Did not know about ticket system for refunds. Note if you open a dispute it will automatically mark you as refunded on thier site this is not true!  Don't get false hope out of seeing it there, its automatic with a paypal dispute with their system.

After i read about ticket system on here, put in multiple tickets asking for help.  No response given in timely manner.  Turned into claim once paypal would let me. The claim triggered a response on one of my tickets. At this point finally got a response from TH they basically threatened me in email saying close claim or let paypal decide it.  They had no interest in working within paypal for my refund, only to get a claim closed against them (dispute they didn't care about it seemed only claim got any attention).

So at this point had claim opened.  Waiting for TH to respond within paypal with their side so paypal could judge case.  They never even responded, so had to wait till their timeline was over to submit their side.

Finally today was able to call paypal since TH's time had expired on responding.  Paypal ruled in my favor.  The money is on its way back and will be spent in another venture.

So final thoughts took me from June 24th to July 5th to get my money back.  Hope your refunds go easier then mine, and if not i feel your pain!
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:48:52 PM

My TH refund experience:

Finally got my refund today.  PAINFUL and HORRIBLE process with TH in my case.  Now that i got it i will post.

I had originally asked in a paypal dispute.  Did not know about ticket system for refunds. Note if you open a dispute it will automatically mark you as refunded on thier site this is not true!  Don't get false hope out of seeing it there, its automatic with a paypal dispute with their system.

After i read about ticket system on here, put in multiple tickets asking for help.  No response given in timely manner.  Turned into claim once paypal would let me. The claim triggered a response on one of my tickets. At this point finally got a response from TH they basically threatened me in email saying close claim or let paypal decide it.  They had no interest in working within paypal for my refund, only to get a claim closed against them (dispute they didn't care about it seemed only claim got any attention).

So at this point had claim opened.  Waiting for TH to respond within paypal with their side so paypal could judge case.  They never even responded, so had to wait till their timeline was over to submit their side.

Finally today was able to call paypal since TH's time had expired on responding.  Paypal ruled in my favor.  The money is on its way back and will be spent in another venture.

So final thoughts took me from June 24th to July 5th to get my money back.  Hope your refunds go easier then mine, and if not i feel your pain!

WOW,, thx for sharing the expereince,, a little unnerving huh? so what do your recomend first,,file a cancel/refund request with TH, Then wait...and how long before opening dispute with PP?  OR file a dispute first with PP...clarify  Smiley especialy on the close claim against them part?

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:05:06 PM

My TH refund experience:

WOW,, thx for sharing the experience,, a little unnerving huh? so what do your recomend first,,file a cancel/refund request with TH, Then wait...and how long before opening dispute with PP?  OR file a dispute first with PP...clarify  Smiley especially on the close claim against them part?

If they will answer your ticket about refund i would do that.  It would be much less time.... if done right.   But that depends on if they answer you.  Kinda a personal decision on how much time to give them.  Keep in mind each day you give them is another day your paypal claim isnt going.  It adds up.

After opening dispute there is a minimum time of i believe 24 hours i believe to have dialog with TH within paypal before claim.  In my case there was no response so i suggest going from dispute to claim as soon as 24 hours expires unless you have better results.  

Upon opening claim that was when TH finnaly cared and threat came.  DO NOT fall for email with threat if you get it and close claim, will only make you have to start over.  After getting claim open this was longest part waiting on response, since they never responded it takes time it shows a date they have until within paypal.

After time is over for them to respond, call paypal and talk nicely to them.  With any luck you will have a credit on its way after.

Tips for dispute:
Do dispute over item never recieved, as you never received item.
Keep it simple on dispute something i paid for product... never received.... what you did to contact TH. (DO NOT make accusations of fake or fraud or makes your claim that much harder to win)
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 05:07:38 PM

My TH refund experience:

thank you for sharing, i am going through the exact same process.  I will not comment until i have received refund but it's pretty clear what th is doing now. All doubts removed.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:22:58 PM

If you look at the board carefully it is clearly a newer board, with just one quadrant populated.

No reason to solder Avalons onto a board until its working right with just a chip or two.

BitCointransfers

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:27:09 PM

If you look at the board carefully it is clearly a newer board, with just one quadrant populated.

No reason to solder Avalons onto a board until its working right with just a chip or two.

Joe are you kidding? put the crack pipe down and your glasses back on.  That board has had Avalon's removed from it in a bad way..
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:47:01 PM

I normally don't carry on and stir the fire like this, but why does TH feel the need to tell us it's a new board?

nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:59:49 PM

What is strange to me is the fact that power cables are reversed. Maybe It isnt quite important but I always try to match black to negative and red to positive. Old habit of mine.

Update: also putting 2 chips on the 16x board wont make testing much sence unless it is really early stages and You want to check power source etc.

Anyway - keep the good work! Hopefully it brings good fruits.

newbee here 1PkHkAEssCQoarLz6hcmQzF9zbaxGrxdFz
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:42:34 PM

6th post is here (first allowed after 5 in newbie).  And registered yesterday.  Do i possibly smell something weird from TH or TH supporter ...... yes i do.
atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:16:17 PM

6th post is here (first allowed after 5 in newbie).  And registered yesterday.  Do i possibly smell something weird from TH or TH supporter ...... yes i do.

Possibly, however there is actually enough non-conjecture to cause alarm to even go into that. For example, what office start-up doesn't have net access? Didn't someone state they were told that?

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:37:56 PM

6th post is here (first allowed after 5 in newbie).  And registered yesterday.  Do i possibly smell something weird from TH or TH supporter ...... yes i do.

Possibly, however there is actually enough non-conjecture to cause alarm to even go into that. For example, what office start-up doesn't have net access? Didn't someone state they were told that?
Hey atominc,,,that post was BS,,,satire as he called it,,,they have internet etc,,,he was kidding with that post ... no internet etc... not sure how they would test mine/hash without it...  Wink

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Vinnigar

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:39:03 PM

So much complaining about nothing....

Some of you guys must want Terrahash to whisper in your ear every night before you go to sleep that everything will be OK.

They've shown they are capable of producing this miner.

You've placed a pre-order for a product that should arrive 2 Weeks after Avalon Chips are delivered.

Sit back, buckle in, and enjoy the ride.

Hear hear.
joeventura

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:06:31 PM

This is what $1200 worth of aluminum looks like I guess

MrBea

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Bitcorns

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:21:45 PM

Question to all those who need constant updates and affirmation:

Do you require the same constant affirmation in your personal relationships?
Do you think women find this attractive?

Man up and grow a pair...

Yes there is risk but this comes with the possibility of reward.  Make me proud of this BTC community.

Stand strong and breathe down deep to your root.  That chakra handles your sex and your money.  Mas macho por favor.

Gathering bitcorns.
joeventura

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:50:15 PM

Question to all those who need constant updates and affirmation:

Do you require the same constant affirmation in your personal relationships?
Do you think women find this attractive?

Man up and grow a pair...

Yes there is risk but this comes with the possibility of reward.  Make me proud of this BTC community.

Stand strong and breathe down deep to your root.  That chakra handles your sex and your money.  Mas macho por favor.

Yes we want to make you proud!

Listen knucklehead, those of us who sent them are hard earned money want to hear from them at least once a week. Think thats reasonable and fair.

Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: