Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:57:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:58:58 PM

Hey guys. I wanted to weigh in on the discussion. I have 35 K16s on order with Terrahash. I live in the Bay Area and work in SF. I'm planning on stopping by TH/s office to say hello and see how things are going. I am planning on giving a full report after I make the visit. I'm not worried. I bought through Paypal, and am satisfied that I have buyer protection. I have not called Terrahash in the past week, but every time I have called (3 times so far) they have answered the phone and given me satisfactory answers. They have also replied to my emails in the past. I think they are making a good faith effort to fulfill their obligations to us. I am not a shill, and I understand everyone's frustration. I think that with what we have been through in the waiting game with BFL and Avalon everyone is on edge. I have 1.3 TH/s of miners on order with BFL, Bitmine, Avalon, Terrahash, and KNC. It's been depressing (at times VERY depressing) to think of how long we have had to wait for our pre-orders. I'm going to be patient. They are only 30 minutes away from where I work. I have a good feeling that we will get our miners as promised in August. I'm not necessarily expecting anything miraculous out of BFL or Avalon before then. Maybe we'll get those orders or maybe they'll be pushed back to September or October. As for KNC, who knows. Maybe we'll get the most awesome miners in the world to date, or maybe not. All of these purchases are a risk related investment. That's why I spread my funds between 5 companies. I still feel that Terrahash will very likely get our products to us before the other companies. Let them work and get our boards ready. I'll keep you guys posted regarding my upcoming visit.  

If you go take a video of that hashing board they didn't upload.
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 02:01:19 PM

Hey guys. I wanted to weigh in on the discussion. I have 35 K16s on order with Terrahash. I live in the Bay Area and work in SF. I'm planning on stopping by TH/s office to say hello and see how things are going. I am planning on giving a full report after I make the visit. I'm not worried. I bought through Paypal, and am satisfied that I have buyer protection. I have not called Terrahash in the past week, but every time I have called (3 times so far) they have answered the phone and given me satisfactory answers. They have also replied to my emails in the past. I think they are making a good faith effort to fulfill their obligations to us. I am not a shill, and I understand everyone's frustration. I think that with what we have been through in the waiting game with BFL and Avalon everyone is on edge. I have 1.3 TH/s of miners on order with BFL, Bitmine, Avalon, Terrahash, and KNC. It's been depressing (at times VERY depressing) to think of how long we have had to wait for our pre-orders. I'm going to be patient. They are only 30 minutes away from where I work. I have a good feeling that we will get our miners as promised in August. I'm not necessarily expecting anything miraculous out of BFL or Avalon before then. Maybe we'll get those orders or maybe they'll be pushed back to September or October. As for KNC, who knows. Maybe we'll get the most awesome miners in the world to date, or maybe not. All of these purchases are a risk related investment. That's why I spread my funds between 5 companies. I still feel that Terrahash will very likely get our products to us before the other companies. Let them work and get our boards ready. I'll keep you guys posted regarding my upcoming visit.  

That would be nice of you.  Pics and videos would be appreciated.
justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:41:28 PM

I'm planning on stopping by TH/s office to say hello and see how things are going. I am planning on giving a full report after I make the visit.

Good Idea. I was thinking of going up there in late July but I live 5 hours away and it would be a major trip.

Other than getting the boards hashing (which is one of the major obstacles). The cases and hosting taken care of.  No major production will happen until they get the chips. Not knowing if getting the boards is a problem?

If they have their chips and boards in production by late July they will likely make the August 15 delivery date.  
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:01:27 PM

I'd be happy to kick in a few bucks for gas so you can make these trips
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 04:20:47 PM

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 04:34:20 PM

This is unfortunate, I think TerraHash has (had?) great potential.  Please fix whatever is going on quickly TerraHash team, or you need to come out and tell every little detail about it and not hide.  People will be forgiving if you go that way, or litigious the other.  This is not a threat, I have no orders with you, I just want things to work out for the mining community.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:48:21 PM

Wouldni it be best if TH just refunded everyone that wants out, and then opeened all there klondikes back up for sale.  Since avalaon chips have not arrived it shouldnt set them back on development.

also it would show there legitimacy, and they could put the no refund rule on all there second sells.

I understand they are worried at this point to lose their customers, because they do not have a huge profit margin to work with, but they must also see that they have enough followers to buy back all their lost customers very quickly without having any breach of contract problems.

P.S. hey terrahash if you have any orders looking for an out in btc id buy their contracts... would love the 30% discount to refund their btc at current levels

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 04:52:25 PM

They have been to quiet for too long, I am now mostly convinced they are a scam, Perhaps they did not start out that way, but there has been too many red flags to persuade me otherwise.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:12:42 PM

They have been to quiet for too long, I am now mostly convinced they are a scam, Perhaps they did not start out that way, but there has been too many red flags to persuade me otherwise.
they just made updates a day or two ago ?
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:16:13 PM

on friday,

this forum is getting a little too jumpy for me, time to create a new thread

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:17:24 PM

I'd be happy to kick in a few bucks for gas so you can make these trips
ill donate  to your trip as well

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:47:28 PM

Updates saying uploading a video of hashing..... and the day is already passed they were going to upload.
ryepdx

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 07:30:35 PM

If anyone with chips from a group buy is looking to jump ship, you have about 7.5 hours to get in on my assembly service. It looks like only the K16s will be getting produced, though, unless we get a bunch of last minute K1 orders.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203388.0
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:01:59 AM

Wait a minute...Does anybody know anything about this guy?...cryptoin does he have these orders?....sorry just don't recall seeing him in here before??? he sounds to good to be true. Please correct me if I'm wrong....and I don't see him on the chip list? Sounds like to me he's a plant by terrahash?...and all this crap about spreading his orders around? huh? and a Jr member with a low stat.... I ain't buying it...sorry,,, and we all know about all the other asic miner company's and their status in the world, we don't need a recap! sounds like a bunch of BS to me...ok, hope I'm wrong,,, but I wasn't wrong about NOT getting a follow up video on a hashing board.... that's all we were looking for! Once again, nothing more is expected than what they tell to expect! PS: knightlife,,,anything short of a video of the front of their office with displayed address and a video of you and Amir and all the techs working on the boards and hashing" and a video of the new case we saw on the floor they ordered a hundred of ....then maybe I will be sold on this so called visit. we shouldn't even need anything like this! they just need to be straight up with us....where is the video we were told to EXPECT.. again, ridiculous!

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:20:54 AM

Wouldni it be best if TH just refunded everyone that wants out, and then opeened all there klondikes back up for sale.  Since avalaon chips have not arrived it shouldnt set them back on development.

also it would show there legitimacy, and they could put the no refund rule on all there second sells.

I understand they are worried at this point to lose their customers, because they do not have a huge profit margin to work with, but they must also see that they have enough followers to buy back all their lost customers very quickly without having any breach of contract problems.

P.S. hey terrahash if you have any orders looking for an out in btc id buy their contracts... would love the 30% discount to refund their btc at current levels
Now how the hec do you know what their profit margin is?...another assumption on your part...geez your dumber than I thought.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:21:24 AM

Wait a minute...Does anybody know anything about this guy?...cryptoin does he have these orders?....sorry just don't recall seeing him in here before??? he sounds to good to be true. Please correct me if I'm wrong....and I don't see him on the chip list? Sounds like to me he's a plant by terrahash?...and all this crap about spreading his orders around? huh? and a Jr member with a low stat.... I ain't buying it...sorry,,, and we all know about all the other asic miner company's and their status in the world, we don't need a recap! sounds like a bunch of BS to me...ok, hope I'm wrong,,, but I wasn't wrong about NOT getting a follow up video on a hashing board.... that's all we were looking for! Once again, nothing more is expected than what they tell to expect! PS: knightlife,,,anything short of a video of the front of their office with displayed address and a video of you and Amir and all the techs working on the boards and hashing" and a video of the new case we saw on the floor they ordered a hundred of ....then maybe I will be sold on this so called visit. we shouldn't even need anything like this! they just need to be straight up with us....where is the video we were told to EXPECT.. again, ridiculous!

I agreed.  Been a few low post members that i questioned possible links.  If he comes back Monday and says "Everything was great trust me!" we will know something is up lol.   If no videos of hashing i don't believe.

Highly suggest talking to paypal before they are un-frozen if you are able to, know i did.  Dont let them stall to long.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:46:12 AM

Now how the hec do you know what their profit margin is?...another assumption on your part...geez your dumber than I thought.
4.48 btc per 64 avalon chip
i payed about 7.75 chips per 64 which leaves
3.27 btc per klondike 64 chip or 261 bucks at 80usd/btc
so they make 625 klondike 64's
so that is 163 thousand bucks
take into account development and manufacturing costs and at the most this venture is gonna leave them with about 150k profit split between however many people are running this.

now lets just say there are 4 people behind terrahash and this whole adventure of theirs takes them 4 months to do, and somehow their entire overhead after avalon chips comes in at under 13000,"very unlikely"
each of the owners would still be making only 9300/month

sure its good money,  but its not great money
if they took all the hashing power they are creating and just mined, they would make more.
not to mention if they run into leal trouble they will be down to 0 bucks fast.

so breathe, relax, get out if you must.
or panic and buy somewhere else

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:09:27 AM

Updates saying uploading a video of hashing..... and the day is already passed they were going to upload.
who cares if they have one hashing or not, bkk already has done that, they should just be waiting until bkk finalizes the board to be doing it anyways
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:25:26 AM

who cares if they have one hashing or not, bkk already has done that, they should just be waiting until bkk finalizes the board to be doing it anyways

Yet another junior member post .... hmmm.   And you would care since they said they had it working i would guess.... and failed to provide a single piece of proof.
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 06:12:18 AM

Yet another junior member post .... hmmm.   And you would care since they said they had it working i would guess.... and failed to provide a single piece of proof.

The story is the same as it has been for 50 pages.  Look at page 1 of this thread.

Thank you all for the support. We are not claiming to be doing any rocket science. We are just taking Avalon's chips, Klondike PCBs, a bunch of components and putting them together for a fee.

Waiting for Avalon chips - check
Waiting for finalized Klondike boards - check.

If anybody on this thread can translate this, go ahead.

Just roughly figured this...

Assuming we accept a dead zone then reading by the PIC can be at it's full speed using the UART input in master mode. I didn't check but maybe 1 MHz is feasible, so 32 uS roughly for dead zone, plus re-arm time, say 8uS, so say 40uS. Since a nonce takes 9.1 uS (@450 MHz clk / 128 output speed), that means potentially the 4 nonces after a result nonce are dead. But nonces could occur on any of 16 chips so that's x16 = 64 nonces could be found during a dead zone making the probability 64/2^32 of that happening, ie. 0.0000015%. Something most users can live with in terms of income loss.

If you are in deep enough to understand this post, you probably didn't order from Terrahash anyway.  If you're just waiting for hashing power to be delivered to your door, quit whining.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: