Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:27:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:34:32 AM

Were is the board with 2 chips on the one side?

You gotta be kidding me. What's coming next? Pictures of the soldering iron and the solder?

I want to see your beating heart and 3 Llamas dancing. (Sarcasm implied)

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
syncer

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:38:28 AM

Thanks a lot @knightlife999

Good to know that someone can go there and check what's going on.

Thanks for updates @terrahash !

All goes perfect!

knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:42:11 AM

That board is in my pics and video. In my photo bucket library it's K16b, k16c, k16d, and k16e. It's clearly in the pics. 2 chips on a klondike 16 board.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
knightlife999

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:45:36 AM

The 16 chip board is working now (kind of). We are only using 8 chips on one side to hash right now. The Ktest utility that BkkCoins made, can talk to the board, send it test data and read back nonces. The nonces are coming back as "GOOD". The default clock is 64 MHz (it says 128 in the pics below, because BkkCoins says its half frequency). Increasing the clock to 128 also works. Anything more than that, and nonces stop coming back. The board is hashing as well at 64 MHz and 128 MHz, however, its still throwing some errors while hashing. So far it has gone upto 809 MH/s. Its varying a lot right now as the board is throwing hardware errors. Now we will start debugging these errors. However, we believe this is a big feat so far.

In the video below, the red LED is not blinking because I burnt it earlier today. I also show the BTCGuild dashboard, and then refresh it to show the updated number of accepted shares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBqWftIsLMI

https://terrahash.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ktest-nonces.png
https://terrahash.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/board-hashing-test1.png

I can verify that the desk, k16 board connected to an atx power supply, and PC shown in Terrahash's video are in Amir's office. I sat in front of that desk for a few minutes earlier today. Glad to see you guys are making progress with the 16 chip board!

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
knightlife999

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:50:34 AM

Hello Everyone,

I made the trip to Terrahash today...

Thank you knightlife999 for going on this trip as you promised.  I think with your efforts, some of the more alarming concerns raised in older posts have been put to rest.  We are dealing with a legitimate start up that has been off to a very rough start.  Things appear to be moving in a positive and acceptable direction.  I am seeing hardware being worked on, multiple updates, and photos from Terrahash.  My comfort level and patience have all been re established.

It's my pleasure. I'm glad we are moving forward. Smiley

zurg

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:48:07 AM

Hello Everyone,

Thank you knightlife999 for going on this trip as you promised.  I think with your efforts, some of the more alarming concerns raised in older posts have been put to rest.  We are dealing with a legitimate start up that has been off to a very rough start.  Things appear to be moving in a positive and acceptable direction.  I am seeing hardware being worked on, multiple updates, and photos from Terrahash.  My comfort level and patience have all been re established.

Awesome, thanks for the info!
bsuperior2

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:19:08 PM

Hello Everyone,

Thanks knightlife999!
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:54:35 PM

Thank you knightlife999 and terrahash.

Hopefully the latest updates will shut up all the insecure trolls that were trying to take over this thread.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:07:56 PM

Hello Everyone,

Thank you knightlife999 for going on this trip as you promised.  I think with your efforts, some of the more alarming concerns raised in older posts have been put to rest.  We are dealing with a legitimate start up that has been off to a very rough start.  Things appear to be moving in a positive and acceptable direction.  I am seeing hardware being worked on, multiple updates, and photos from Terrahash.  My comfort level and patience have all been re established.

Hey Knightlife good job! sorry if I gave you a little static in the beginning, just didn't know who to "try" to trust in here lately. And I know it took a little nerve on your part to actually go there and ask to see what you saw and give back to us all. Your the man! Thank you! and I really do mean that Smiley
Again, Great Job Knightlife We owe ya one!

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:10:32 PM

Cannot believe the fuss you lot made, you expended more effort than just going there for yourselves...patience!

It's bizarre how much everyone cries, and stamps their feet and threatens, this is not your standard investment. These are not huge established companies, these are guys spotting an opportunity and busting their balls to make it happen. There are risks and your acknowledge and take them as do Terrahash. Things outside Terrahash's control are just as much your liability as theirs and you need to accept that befor purchasing any pre-order cutting edge hardware!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
rizzman

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:45:05 PM

Hello Everyone,

I made the trip to Terrahash today and was able to find out a few things. I called twice in the morning and got no answer, so they were not expecting me today. I arrived at their office at 14:40 hours. The door was unlocked and I entered the office. I noted the receptionist desk with the computer and printer on it. We have seen that desk in the photos that TH posted last month. Amir was in his office working on the K16 board with all 16 chips. He greeted me and was very friendly and polite. He told me that he was not expecting me until Thursday. I mentioned calling earlier and noted that the voicemail was not working at the time. Amir noted that he was advised to not provide unrestricted video of his entire office due to legal concerns. I understood this, as I am familiar with California recording laws.  However, he did allow me to video the cards on his desk to verify that they are in his possession and he has the sample chips. His desk had a large amount of testing equipment, meters, and soldering gear in addition to a PC. He stated that now that BKK has his board working, they are planning on getting their full K16 up and hashing in the next day or two. He requested that I return to video the K16 working in the coming days. His tech is coming into the office to work late this evening and will be finishing what is necessary to begin hashing on the board. I said that I would be willing to return tomorrow, and he said that he wants to make sure the board is hashing to make my trip worth it. After making the video of the boards, Amir stated that he had a 3pm appointment he was late for. As it was 15:00, I gave him my business card and he said that he would call me to come in and record the board hashing. He also said that he would allow me to take pictures of their bulk chip invoices when I returned. I left at this point. I only had 15 minutes to speak with him (if that). There isn't much to the video I was able to take. Just confirmation that they are at the address listed, and they have the boards and sample chips that they have claimed to have. I'll include a link to the video below. I found out a few additional items of interest. I'll include them below.

Here is what I was able to find out:

1. Terrahash is finalizing their own boards using BKK's thread as a guide (already known).
2. Terrahash will be using an outside company to assemble the boards(once chips arrive). That is why they have given the 2 week time frame from the day they receive the chips. They are paying a company to mount the chips. Amir said that he would speak to the plant that will be doing assembly to see if I can pay them a visit in the coming week.
3. Terrahash has ordered an additional 20k chips from people in the Bay Area in addition to the 40k chips they presently have on order. They will use those chips to fulfill the orders and the rest will be used for regular internet sales once our pre-orders are shipped. If they have 60k chips on order, and all Avalon batches are being shipped (which is what appears to be the case), then we should all be in the "first batch". Amir stated that they bought the additional 20k chips to be certain that they can fulfill all of our orders on time and have enough to open the website to regular sales after we have received our orders.
4. Terrahash's office is just an office. It's not an assembly facility. Other than 4 boards and sample chips, they will be mounting and assembling all other boards off site. When I go back in the next few days to a week, I will take pictures of the case and get more information about where they will assemble full units. I'm assuming that they will do it at their office and ship from there.
5. Amir was advised to limit pictures and videos. It is private property and according to California state law, that is their right. Though he was advised to do that he will allow me to video the board hashing and take pictures of their chip invoices when I return. (Refer to: http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/access-private-property  &   http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/california-recording-law   &   http://www.aclupa.org/issues/freespeech/kyrwhentakingphotosandmaki.htm)

Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2mtVPXKeA

Here are some pictures I took of the boards:

http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/knightlife999/library/

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will keep everyone posted about my upcoming 2nd trip to Terrahash. I feel confident that we will get our products. If I don't hear back from them by early next week, I will make the trip anyway to check on progress.

Thanks. Just to be clear, the "outside company" where the boards will be assembled, is owned by one of our partners. Its a brand new facility with an SMT assembly line set up for a project which won't start getting manufactured for another 5-6 months. So, we have full access to the SMT assembly line for the next few months.

Thank you for being open. Its little things like this which go a long way. Please keep us informed of your progress.
rizzman

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:53:33 PM

You gotta be kidding me. What's coming next? Pictures of the soldering iron and the solder?

Agreed. this is getting rediculous.

Guys comeon don't push it. it could be the same board for all you know... be reasonable.
massnerder

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:15:58 PM

Thanks to knightlife and terrahash - updates like this are what people need to see.  Please keep them coming  Grin
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 11:02:14 PM

knightlife999, I applaud you for taking the time out of your day and life to do this for the community.
The people that still have a vested interest in this should drop you some btc for your troubles.

Having said that, I have a few thoughts and questions that I would like to point out from someone that has already requested a refund and will never do business with TerraHash or Amir.

1) You told them that you would be coming to the office, they accepted and said, anytime, everyone knew you were going, but was only allowed to be there for 10-15 minutes? Why? Why would Amir only allow you to be there for such a short time knowing you had come out of your way for the community, for something that honestly they should have done from the start. Their customers should not have to beg for a video that they themselves said they would post and then to just get hurried away like that?

2) Nobody has mentioned this but TerraHash has used "we" in regards to it's operation, as if the team at TerraHash consists of more than just Amir. Did you see anybody else at their office? If so what were their names, titles, etc.

3) Did you personally see any evidence of their other 3 purchases of 10,000 Avalon chips? Did you ask about them?

4) I am not familiar with California laws regarding taking pictures of the inside of companies, but why do you think he asked you not to do so? If it's a crappy little office and he is ashamed of it, the community will understand, it's a startup, we get it, the less they spend on frivolous things like really nice furniture, the more they can spend on R&D or other things that really make sense when money and time is tight, but the question remains why did he not allow you to take pictures of the rest of the office. Did he ask you not to speak about it and if so why?

To me, your report convinces me even more that I made the right choice in requesting a refund when I did.

You can bash me all you want, call me a paid shill, whatever you want, but I have had the displeasure of doing business with companies like this in the past and to me they are nothing but bad news.

I wish you all good luck including Amir and terrahash with this adventure, I hope it works out well for all of you.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:03:55 PM

Great stuff guys, had we had more communications previously, much of this could have been avoided.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:15:56 PM

knightlife999, I applaud you for taking the time out of your day and life to do this for the community.
The people that still have a vested interest in this should drop you some btc for your troubles.

Having said that, I have a few thoughts and questions that I would like to point out from someone that has already requested a refund and will never do business with TerraHash or Amir.

1) You told them that you would be coming to the office, they accepted and said, anytime, everyone knew you were going, but was only allowed to be there for 10-15 minutes? Why? Why would Amir only allow you to be there for such a short time knowing you had come out of your way for the community, for something that honestly they should have done from the start. Their customers should not have to beg for a video that they themselves said they would post and then to just get hurried away like that?

2) Nobody has mentioned this but TerraHash has used "we" in regards to it's operation, as if the team at TerraHash consists of more than just Amir. Did you see anybody else at their office? If so what were their names, titles, etc.

3) Did you personally see any evidence of their other 3 purchases of 10,000 Avalon chips? Did you ask about them?

4) I am not familiar with California laws regarding taking pictures of the inside of companies, but why do you think he asked you not to do so? If it's a crappy little office and he is ashamed of it, the community will understand, it's a startup, we get it, the less they spend on frivolous things like really nice furniture, the more they can spend on R&D or other things that really make sense when money and time is tight, but the question remains why did he not allow you to take pictures of the rest of the office. Did he ask you not to speak about it and if so why?

To me, your report convinces me even more that I made the right choice in requesting a refund when I did.

You can bash me all you want, call me a paid shill, whatever you want, but I have had the displeasure of doing business with companies like this in the past and to me they are nothing but bad news.

I wish you all good luck including Amir and terrahash with this adventure, I hope it works out well for all of you.
he had a meeting to attend if you bothered to read the post
btceic

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 11:50:43 PM

I'm just going to call you stupid and maybe a little disgruntled that you went through all the hassle of getting a refund that will likely get to you the same time we get our miners.

Either way, without doing much work I'll try to address your "Concerns"

1.) He showed up right as Amir has an appointment and was already told that he could come back and finish the "meeting" when there was more time available. (Can't just let someone wonder about your office while no one is there)

2.) Terrahash probably has many contacts and refers to everyone that is helping with their production as "we". That being said I don't need to meet every employee if I'm meeting with the CEO (Jesus Christ the questions get worse)

3.) Did you not read his post at all?
He also said that he would allow me to take pictures of their bulk chip invoices when I returned.

4.) Who cares what the reason is, it is his right and honestly who cares what the tile in their office bathroom looks like. We saw boards, they have stated they will let us see all the stuff the really matters. Why do you persist on being a complete tool and requesting to see things that have no value in the production of what we ordered?

Hopefully I saved knightlife some time and gave everyone else a quick laugh at your expense.....

Bargraphics,
You sound pretty angry about all this, I am just pointing out facts as I see them.

K, back to your answers....

1.) He showed up right as Amir has an appointment and was already told that he could come back and finish the "meeting" when there was more time available. (Can't just let someone wonder about your office while no one is there)

So your saying that Amir's entire customer base is less important, then some appointment, not to mention that he called twice, no answer before he got there, classic example of someone who is evading.

2.) Terrahash probably has many contacts and refers to everyone that is helping with their production as "we". That being said I don't need to meet every employee if I'm meeting with the CEO (Jesus Christ the questions get worse)

No, terrahash has specifically said "we" in the context of his "team" as if to make it sound like his company is bigger than what it really is, and even mentioned that he would upload a page outlining his "team" on the website soon. Surprise, surprise no team page and now we find out the he may be stretching the truth about being a 1 person startup.

3.) Did you not read his post at all?
He also said that he would allow me to take pictures of their bulk chip invoices when I returned.

Your evading the question for him, it would have taken literally seconds for him to open the email and allow him to take a picture, or god forbid be proactive about it and have them printed out and ready when he walked in the door to appease the naysayers, or even further, take 20 seconds to post it the forum so that people like me don't have to ask about it.

4.) Who cares what the reason is, it is his right and honestly who cares what the tile in their office bathroom looks like. We saw boards, they have stated they will let us see all the stuff the really matters. Why do you persist on being a complete tool and requesting to see things that have no value in the production of what we ordered?

I care what the reason is, they still have my money and they still have 100's of thousands of dollars and im sure alot of btc that this community entrusted with him.

If he had been honest about everything from the get go, he would not have a 18%+ cancellation rate, and numerous people on this board selling their pre-orders.

You and some of the others keep calling me names, im stupid, im a tool, im a paid shill, all I am doing is asking questions, questions that you don't like, questions that you should be asking as well.

Take a step back for a second and take yourself out of the equation for a second, forget that you have any risk in this at all and look at the bare facts, about the way that he is running his business.

To me it smacks of ineptitude and evasive behavior.

btw, my offer still stands, if you or anybody else wants to buy me out to shut me up, put your money where your mouth is.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198489.msg2695205#msg2695205

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 12:06:16 AM

I canceled my order last week by opening a ticket on the TerraHash web sight, still haven't received any communication or refund.
btceic

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 12:08:12 AM

I canceled my order last week by opening a ticket on the TerraHash web sight, still haven't received any communication or refund.

Just curious and you don't have to answer if you don't want to but, what are your reasons for canceling?

zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 12:15:35 AM

Wish I had your problem.  Lol
I wired them $ and my order is still on-hold.  Sad
Tomorrow will be  2 weeks since my bank said wire was complete.
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: