Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:29:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:16:29 PM

All he has to do is send me a refund and I will shut the fuck up, if it's that important to you go ahead and buy me out, see my previous threads for pricing information.

btw, I submitted an FTC complaint today.

I don't understand why they don't? They could just open up a limited amount of new orders to cover the refunds if needed.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bsuperior2

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:21:56 PM

All he has to do is send me a refund and I will shut the fuck up, if it's that important to you go ahead and buy me out, see my previous threads for pricing information.

I don't understand why they don't? They could just open up a limited amount of new orders to cover the refunds if needed.   

They prob spent all the money on more chips when all the paypal funds cleared.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:23:04 PM

Its like christmas eveey morning

Where did all the trolls go

You`re all still here !

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:26:07 PM

Pyramid scheme
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The unsustainable exponential progression of a classic pyramid scheme

A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:34:58 PM

I am very, very impressed by the recent progress, and I am fully willing to admit that I jumped the gun based on the complete silence and the lack of follow-through on previous promises. Seeing the details on the progress on the BKK board, and exactly what is being worked on is exactly what I had expected in the beginning. I didn't need reassurance, I needed to see the technical details and them working with the person (BKK) they said they were working with from the start.

I would have never cancelled had I saw this from the start. Those still in that waited and were on the fence should feel very good at this point and stick with it. I love to be proven wrong on this, as I believed in them at the start, and I certainly didn't want to think I actually fell for a scam.

Keep on keeping on!
Hey Atomic,,, yes they have really come out of their shell as of late and displayed that they have some pretty darn good programmers/engineer's working at TH.... see if you can re-order? never know?
Exactly, glad I waited and didn't go the full claim route w/ paypal.  Taking just a couple minutes to keep us all informed was all most people wanted.  Should it have been like this from the start?  Yes.  But as long as they continue to communicate well with us then I'll be happy.  Hoping we will all be mining some fresh BTC soon.  I love the smell of freshly minted BTC  Tongue
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:44:04 PM

I am very, very impressed by the recent progress, and I am fully willing to admit that I jumped the gun based on the complete silence and the lack of follow-through on previous promises. Seeing the details on the progress on the BKK board, and exactly what is being worked on is exactly what I had expected in the beginning. I didn't need reassurance, I needed to see the technical details and them working with the person (BKK) they said they were working with from the start.

I would have never cancelled had I saw this from the start. Those still in that waited and were on the fence should feel very good at this point and stick with it. I love to be proven wrong on this, as I believed in them at the start, and I certainly didn't want to think I actually fell for a scam.

Keep on keeping on!
Hey Atomic,,, yes they have really come out of their shell as of late and displayed that they have some pretty darn good programmers/engineer's working at TH.... see if you can re-order? never know?
Exactly, glad I waited and didn't go the full claim route w/ paypal.  Taking just a couple minutes to keep us all informed was all most people wanted.  Should it have been like this from the start?  Yes.  But as long as they continue to communicate well with us then I'll be happy.  Hoping we will all be mining some fresh BTC soon.  I love the smell of freshly minted BTC  Tongue

Agreed 100%, I believe at this point everyone is still seeing progress, and there is no need to bother them with more requests for proof of anything, as long as the updates and progress continues to be seen on the BKK thread. Hopefully they will answer the technical questions that people have, but I don't think any are currently outstanding.  I wouldn't ask to reinstate my order, as I wouldn't trust that there wouldn't be ill will, given what I've seen, but I can say those that didn't cancel should definitely ride it out. It's a good lesson for both sides as to how important communication is. There aren't very many business ventures that would succeed at all like this, but as pointed out, this is not your average business. It's high risk, but even more of a reason that communication is key. Customers can be very, very loyal, or if they begin to distrust they can be a thorn in the side.

I don't believe anyone was really asking that much, well, most weren't at least.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
terrahash (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 12:47:55 AM

Final video before I start debugging the hardware to see why it can't hash when clocked over 275 MHz. The board finally reached 4.0 GH/s!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOZ22GfUdzs
Scornflakes

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:01:29 AM

Final video before I start debugging the hardware to see why it can't hash when clocked over 275 MHz. The board finally reached 4.0 GH/s!

Excuse me while I wipe a tear of joy from my cheek.
AtomSea

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

So sexy, it hurts.

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:07:46 AM

+1
Smiley
bkpduke

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 01:19:50 AM

Strong work TH.  We appreciate the work, and the updates.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:24:02 AM

Oh so so sweet! Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:57:31 AM

Awesome. Great work Amir! Kudos to you and the whole TH team! I'm really glad to see it all coming together.  Smiley
I knew you guys could do it. I'll most likely come down next Wednesday or Thursday for a visit if you've got some time. I'm very impressed with your progress on the board!

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
MrBea

Activity: 242

Bitcorns

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:58:00 AM

Good info, thanks for the update terrahash.

What's needed to cool the board at 275-300?

Right now I am using an old AMD processor fan/heatsink. I applied some heatsink paste, however, the board is not screwed to the heatsink, its just placed on top of it. Its working!

how about those refunds amir!
ahhh ignore function

Dont know why I didnt so this earlier
+1000

I would use the ignore function but it's a good idea to know what they're up to. What new angle of attack.

You're a piece of shit.

Gathering bitcorns.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 02:02:29 AM

Good info, thanks for the update terrahash.

What's needed to cool the board at 275-300?

Right now I am using an old AMD processor fan/heatsink. I applied some heatsink paste, however, the board is not screwed to the heatsink, its just placed on top of it. Its working!

how about those refunds amir!
ahhh ignore function

Dont know why I didnt so this earlier
+1000

I would use the ignore function but it's a good idea to know what they're up to. What new angle of attack.

You're a piece of shit.

Perhaps you would care to expand upon your definition of my behavior

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
knightlife999

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 02:19:42 AM

Well, they did pay for an additional 20k chips on top of the 40k chips that were already on order. That indicates that they are making a good faith effort to fulfill all of our orders in the first batch (which I'm confident will happen). We all saw the refund policy on their site. They are clearly within the time frame they promised for fulfillment of orders. We all knowingly purchased a "pre-order" item, and they did not promise to refund all requests for such. Our funds are partially being used for construction of our orders. By the time Btcie's "FTC complaint" gets reviewed, our boards will have been shipped out. At that point, it's moot. Now that it's clear Terrahash is genuine and we are all going to get our orders in the first batch, why not just be patient and wait for your order to arrive Btcie? I'll be making visits to see how things are progressing over the next month (partially because I'm interested in seeing the process of getting the boards set up). We are all in a good position to get hashing before the bulk of other companies send out their miners. Why would you want to get a refund when you will be getting your miners before most other people out there?

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 02:45:10 AM

Well, they did pay for an additional 20k chips on top of the 40k chips that were already on order. That indicates that they are making a good faith effort to fulfill all of our orders in the first batch (which I'm confident will happen). We all saw the refund policy on their site. They are clearly within the time frame they promised for fulfillment of orders. We all knowingly purchased a "pre-order" item, and they did not promise to refund all requests for such. Our funds are partially being used for construction of our orders. By the time Btcie's "FTC complaint" gets reviewed, our boards will have been shipped out. At that point, it's moot. Now that it's clear Terrahash is genuine and we are all going to get our orders in the first batch, why not just be patient and wait for your order to arrive Btcie? I'll be making visits to see how things are progressing over the next month (partially because I'm interested in seeing the process of getting the boards set up). We are all in a good position to get hashing before the bulk of other companies send out their miners. Why would you want to get a refund when you will be getting your miners before most other people out there?

knightlife999,
Regardless of what their refund policy says, the law states the following:

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule
When You Must Cancel an Order

You must cancel an order and provide a prompt refund when:

the customer exercises any option to cancel before you ship the merchandise;

I have chosen to request a refund, it is as simple as that, they should honor that, why is that so hard for everybody to understand and appreciate? I will not allow them to ignore my requirements for a refund.

On a side note, I cannot believe that you can sit here and tell me that they didn't rush you out the door when you went there, that was their chance to shine and shut the nay sayers up and provide validation that they are a great start-up to do business with.

If they can't do simple things right then I have 0 confidence in them to do big things correctly or at all.

Details is where a company shines, they have our money, we deserve the right to know what is going on.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
mrthundercleese

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:58:11 AM

I have chosen to request a refund, it is as simple as that, they should honor that, why is that so hard for everybody to understand and appreciate? I will not allow them to ignore my requirements for a refund.

Everyone understands. We just don't care about your problems. Most of us think terrahash will deliver on what they originally promised us and are hanging tight. You continue to spam the thread with your refund request. We heard you the first time, and the second, and the third, and the 100th. It's clear that we aren't going to rally against terrahash so you are just throwing noise in what has otherwise been a positive last few days.
chanberg

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:01:19 AM

Everyone understands. We just don't care about your problems. Most of us think terrahash will deliver on what they originally promised us and are hanging tight. You continue to spam the thread with your refund request. We heard you the first time, and the second, and the third, and the 100th. It's clear that we aren't going to rally against terrahash so you are just throwing noise in what has otherwise been a positive last few days.

Word!
atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:07:14 AM

I concur, I have requested a refund, and it was not granted, but there is no other reason at the moment to clutter this thread with that crap. I will be out when Paypal grants the refund, but clearly based on the recent events, they are indeed what they promised to be, and I definitely jumped the gun with the red flags and alarms going off in my head.

With the great news, nobody wants to see the constant posts about refunds. They are providing the community everything that is asked. Impressive.

Now stop the fighting on both sides and enjoy the work.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
knightlife999

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 06:47:54 AM

On a side note, I cannot believe that you can sit here and tell me that they didn't rush you out the door when you went there, that was their chance to shine and shut the nay sayers up and provide validation that they are a great start-up to do business with.

I wasn't rushed out the door. I stayed for about 15 minutes. It actually made Amir late for his meeting. He could have told me to leave when I first arrived. Technically, since his meeting was at 15:00, he should have been heading out the door as I walked in. So, from what I can recall, you have 4x k16 boards on order? Am I correct? Maybe someone on the forum would be willing to buy them from you. You could switch the shipping to local pickup and I could pick them up when my boards are ready. I can then ship them to the buyer. I would need to be reimbursed for the shipping/handling costs though.

Or, better yet, you could put them up for auction on eBay or Bitmit. I'm sure that you would be able to sell them. People will pay $400-$500 a piece for these boards. Have you tried that yet? You could actually make some profit from your pre-order. If people are willing to pay $500 for a jalapeno that they may or may not receive in September, they would certainly buy your boards for $450 each. Let me know if you need any advice regarding selling them. I've been selling on eBay on and off for 9 years.

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: