Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:07:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:42:11 PM

Ok guys, here's the deal. Given the current conditions (rising difficulty, Avalon uncertainty, etc.), a lot of people who ordered chips from Avalon are willing to resell their chips at cost price. This was not true a month ago or so, when we made a deal to acquire two additional orders for a premium (We never bought those orders, but only made a deal to pay a premium once they had chips in hand). We have decided to scrap those deals and instead buy chip orders from people who want to get out by selling their order for the price they paid. We have got 3 offers so far. We will re-open pre-orders after buying these.

We will keep you posted on this development.

Also, all these 3 offers are for May orders.

Sounds good. Keep us posted. Thanks Amir. Smiley

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:45:11 PM

Ok guys, here's the deal. Given the current conditions (rising difficulty, Avalon uncertainty, etc.), a lot of people who ordered chips from Avalon are willing to resell their chips at cost price. This was not true a month ago or so, when we made a deal to acquire two additional orders for a premium (We never bought those orders, but only made a deal to pay a premium once they had chips in hand). We have decided to scrap those deals and instead buy chip orders from people who want to get out by selling their order for the price they paid. We have got 3 offers so far. We will re-open pre-orders after buying these.

Any thoughts of using alternative ASIC chips (non-Avalon) to fill orders?
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:12:36 AM

Just read this: In other thread...

jgarzik
 Staff
Activity: 1008
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Ignore

Re: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips!

August 07, 2013, 11:59:13 PM
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is certainly "life at Avalon."  I was poked by the team, to make sure my batch #3 arrived (it did, even after a shipping address mistake, though manual intervention with DHL was required).

Report to moderator  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeff Garzik, bitcoin core dev team

Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:12:44 AM

I wonder why it is so difficult for Th or any of em to simply call up avalon and ask what the ETA is for their chip order??? Ya know? Do you have to speak Chinese or something...lol

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:14:27 AM

I wonder why it is so difficult for Th or any of em to simply call up avalon and ask what the ETA is for their chip order??? Ya know? Do you have to speak Chinese or something...lol

Ahhh Grasshopper I see....

kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:12:41 AM

lets just redirect our brain powers in pushing terrahash for answers...

Where are these overdue promised items:
1. Pictures of the DX Mini
2. Picture of a completed Klondike 16 w/ heat sink
3. Hashing rate reaching promised rate (not prototype.. i'd expect terrahash to have this down by now hopefully)
4. Invoice/POs of all components
5. Project timing for each step (project management style)

We will all rest better and be more willing to wait when we see those listed.

Otherwise, we feel like we need a refund. Simply because you've over promised and under delivered so far.
Time to rectify the Public Relations trajectory if you want repeat customers.

Terrahash, You dont have a product problem (crossing my fingers), you have a relationship problem with your customers.

We're back to this again? It's only been a few weeks and we're back to demanding proof of things??
We have seen their chip orders, seen them basically get endorsed by BKKcoins, seen them get their board hashing, seen their offices, and seen them take a regular part in the forum. Now you are saying you need to see POs for parts, finished boards (though the chips aren't here yet), and their project management plan? I think Terrahash has provided everything we need to see to know that they are legitimate. Do you need to see their credit card statements and home utility bills too? I'm with Joe on this, we just need to know when the chips arrive. That is all that matters. That is not something TH can control. Everyone is waiting for Yifu to send the chips. I would recommend reading this entire thread and spare us the fear mongering. This is the same garbage we see on other threads.... we need to see proof of.... you name it.

When I managed forex accounts I always told my clients "do not invest your rent". Don't invest money you can't afford to lose. But, I'll take it one step further, don't invest if you don't have the stomach for it. We all bought pre-orders, which the delivery of said pre-orders had multiple variables. Some of the variables are controlled by our seller, in this case TH. I think they have been working to hold up their end of things. The most important factor, chips, are not in their control. I don't think showing us a PO for pcbs and heatsinks is going to change our circumstances. You'll just demand to see something else next week. I personally verified that TH is legitimate and has the stated number of chips on order. They have contributed to BKK's work on the K16, which can be verified in his thread. I live a little over an hour from TH and have visited them twice. I do not see a need to go there now and check for boxes of heatsinks and pcbs. Even if I did, I'm sure some people would complain about something else and demand proof thereof. Read other threads and you'll see that everyone is upset about Avalon not sending the chips on time. Someone mentioned that only a small group of us are holding our orders? I'm sure the majority of people who ordered are holding their orders. Unless you spend 5-10x the original cost of a board or miner on ebay, you are waiting. Doesn't really matter who you buy from at this point. You could buy 100 asicminer usbs...

I want to note that TH told me that when they bought the 2 additional early May pre-orders (from an individual in the bay area) they did so at a premium. They wanted to make sure that there would be enough chips for all of us to be in the "first batch". I think they have done a lot to try to accommodate us and make sure that we all get what we paid for in a timely manner. Their money is tied up in paying for all of the parts that will complete our boards.

In some ways, I wish they would refund people asking for it, so we could buy your extra boards and be done with your complaining in this thread. nuff said.

Ya know, i appreciated that you went out there and took those videos and showed us the work in progress-klondike unit and I thought "wow! what a swell guy! we are lucky to have members in the community that will make this bitcoin work!". But now I am going through reading your pro-terrahash posts and talking down anyone who has ANY doubts whatsoever, I think I have to re-evaluate that initial misled thought.

I get it, you're not here to make friends.
And yes, I get it, Terrahash is at the mercy of Avalon
And no, I am not interested in arguing with you or trying to bestow the same kindness you've shown me or anyone with doubts and concerns about their orders.

BUT

What I AM interested in, is whether or not Terrahash has performed all the obligations to their customers (less avalon chips) to fulfill the orders.
I cannot fathom why anyone would not welcome this request for common courtesy that we, the customers, are entitled to.
(unless some units were furnished with sample chip shipments received to certain individuals for crowd control perhaps? Like the Nazis provided preferential treatment to certain selected jews to keep them marching into the gas chambers)

Let me put it this way, my gut tells me that terrahash do NOT have everything they need to mass produce our orders simply based on the inconsistencies of their stories, flip flopping, misleading statements, etc they have publicly displayed thus far.

So let me once again invite Terrahash to clear its name in the public forum once and for all.
If Terrahash cannot, please refund all monies owed immediately as you are no where near meeting your obligations EVEN IF Avalon delivers tomorrow.

Therefore Terrahash is breaking the basic premises (not force majeure in this case, like you have suggested) for which we, misled customers, have willingly taken the risk to provide funds and await patiently for months, interest free.

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:27:07 AM

lets just redirect our brain powers in pushing terrahash for answers...

Where are these overdue promised items:
1. Pictures of the DX Mini
2. Picture of a completed Klondike 16 w/ heat sink
3. Hashing rate reaching promised rate (not prototype.. i'd expect terrahash to have this down by now hopefully)
4. Invoice/POs of all components
5. Project timing for each step (project management style)

We're back to this again? It's only been a few weeks and we're back to demanding proof of things??

BUT

What I AM interested in, is whether or not Terrahash has performed all the obligations to their customers (less avalon chips) to fulfill the orders.
I cannot fathom why anyone would not welcome this request for common courtesy that we, the customers, are entitled to.
(unless some units were furnished with sample chip shipments received to certain individuals for crowd control perhaps? Like the Nazis provided preferential treatment to certain selected jews to keep them marching into the gas chambers)

Let me put it this way, my gut tells me that terrahash do NOT have everything they need to mass produce our orders simply based on the inconsistencies of their stories, flip flopping, misleading statements, etc they have publicly displayed thus far.

So let me once again invite Terrahash to clear its name in the public forum once and for all.
If Terrahash cannot, please refund all monies owed immediately as you are no where near meeting your obligations EVEN IF Avalon delivers tomorrow.

Therefore Terrahash is breaking the basic premises (not force majeure in this case, like you have suggested) for which we, misled customers, have willingly taken the risk to provide funds and await patiently for months, interest free.

Am torn here so I WONT comment, only to say BKK will have the new board hashing very soon, if TH has already ordered the revision he should not be far behind. That deals with point 2 & 3, a couple of pics would easily clear up the other points..

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:47:59 AM

Hey Don't sweat it Terrahash, since day one you have invited anyone to come visit your office and meet you. You even showed us pics of the new office when you moved in to it. And 2 of our guys have dropped in to see you. So, I trust that you have your ducks in a row right now with componets and soforth. Please stay focused on acquiring the chips as mention earlier, and things will fall in line Smiley Thx for the updates,,,,its what we need right now, whether it be good or bad updates Smiley

CommanderVenus

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:14:06 AM

Will resold orders keep their order number? Also say that i buy an order for a K16 that is order number 2000 but i have a K16 in queue that is order number 1000, would i be able to add the other miner to my existing order?

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
Axion_Zen

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:41:52 AM

Will resold orders keep their order number? Also say that i buy an order for a K16 that is order number 2000 but i have a K16 in queue that is order number 1000, would i be able to add the other miner to my existing order?
Any orders already placed are still in queue, and adding new orders onto your existing queue would be very unlikely/unethical, as it would boot already paid orders up in the queue if you are before them.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:02:22 AM

Any orders already placed are still in queue, and adding new orders onto your existing queue would be very unlikely/unethical, as it would boot already paid orders up in the queue if you are before them.
Thats exactly right.

jc328

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:39:28 AM

Well, it looks like he is still breathing...hopefully it is all positive news  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.0

knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:56:21 AM

Ya know, i appreciated that you went out there and took those videos and showed us the work in progress-klondike unit and I thought "wow! what a swell guy! we are lucky to have members in the community that will make this bitcoin work!". But now I am going through reading your pro-terrahash posts and talking down anyone who has ANY doubts whatsoever, I think I have to re-evaluate that initial misled thought.

I get it, you're not here to make friends.
And yes, I get it, Terrahash is at the mercy of Avalon
And no, I am not interested in arguing with you or trying to bestow the same kindness you've shown me or anyone with doubts and concerns about their orders.

BUT

Actually I am here because I like quite a few people on this board. I read dozens of threads every day and I get tired of fear mongering. That is all. I am only pro-TH because I know for a fact that they are legit after getting verification. I don't like to see people putting themselves or others through unnecessary stress or pain, so I went there and verified that we could trust them. I don't have anything to gain by posting on this board. I actually care that we all get we we have paid for and good companies continue to be able to do business. In the beginning, I spoke up because I didn't want my investment to be imperiled by other's rash decisions. I am not concerned about that anymore because the majority of us are ok with how things are going now. I stay on the forum now because quite a few of you are becoming my friends and I enjoy sharing information and investment strategies. I've even helped people iron out a few things. It's ridiculous that there is a feeling of us and them here. We are all trying to invest in something we feel is worthwhile and make some money in the process, including TH. I also think it's amusing that my past posts have been interpreted as being hostile to doubters. I proved that TH is real and legitimately working to fulfill their obligations. I'm just trying to reassure the people who are feeling paranoid that we are all ok. It's the cop in me I guess. I don't like to see people harboring false assumptions when it's not necessary. in this situation. I have first hand knowledge that TH is fulfilling their obligations. Would you rather I let you worry and think things that aren't true? It's not in my nature to stand by as someone suffers for no good reason. I just think it's unreasonable to demand that we see everything they have on order. I remember last month when all people wanted to see were photographs of the chip orders and the board hashing. People said that if they saw those things they would be fine. We got that. A large number of us were reassured and confidence was bolstered. Now that Bitsyncom (Avalon) are late with chip deliveries, people are feeling paranoid again and need to see more proof from TH? Even if you saw the invoices for parts, would that be enough? Next people would want to see the actual boxes of parts opened, laid out on the floor, and counted on video by 3 witnesses....
We invested in TH because we thought they would be one of the best chances to get our miners early. I still believe that will be the case. Take some solace in knowing that there are more of us "waiting for our miners" than those that have them and are mining. We're all in this waiting thing together.   

BTW, everyone notice that Yifu finally appeared and posted something tonight? He is going to give a true update tomorrow.
Let's keep our fingers crossed that he will announce that our chips have been shipped.  Smiley

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:44:47 AM

Interested..
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 11:18:57 AM

We might be able to help with sourcing parts for you Terrahash... just drop me an email darin.bicknell@gmail.com.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:39:59 PM

Well, it looks like he is still breathing...hopefully it is all positive news  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.0

Its ALIVE! lol Figures....yep, lets hope he delivers good news today! 

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:41:48 PM

We might be able to help with sourcing parts for you Terrahash... just drop me an email darin.bicknell@gmail.com.

TERRAHASH DID YOU SEE THIS? FROM Bicknellski Smiley

Thanks Bicknellski!

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:46:00 PM

Thanks Bicknellski!

Lol. Subtle.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:33:58 PM

Thanks Bicknellski!

Lol. Subtle.
lol ya at best...but an effort to help non the less

darkfriend77

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

We are glad to announce that we  have secured two additional early-may Avalon ASIC pre-orders, each for 10,000 chips. With these additional 20,000 chips along with our own May 10 and May 16 orders, we have enough chips to ship all the orders received till now in the first batch.

late june <>  early-may

hmmm ....

so if avalon isn't delivering all batches together ... order number will be again the point of truth ...

so as we see ... avalon isnt delivering batches together which .... leads us again to the question .... .... who will be in the first batch ... ^^ because late june .... will be out of disscussion ... to get profitable at that price ...

and .... let us not switch into dream mode .... where the other aquired batches are even earlier ....

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: