Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:40:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 06:52:12 PM

Does anyone know why TH has not shown the new K16 v.0.3.0 board hashing?
Then only thing they have shown is the original K16 that had lots of hardware errors.

I think they JUST ordered them... what was it... last week?
look... he is months away from even getting it right with a K16...

8/15/13 delivery date --> 8/15/14 is more likely....
 Undecided

Don't listen to Kkooks,

Look at his past posts,

He definitely has issues with conspiracy and what not. It's sad there are so many deranged and saddened individuals like this on this forum and in bitcoin in general.

They have a K16 Hashing, it was physically seen by two people that visited and they showed a video.

Welcome to the real world Kkooks!

nice! that is great news?!
nevermind... i cannot find the videos...
You dont mean the ones where they were miserably failing with HW errors and not even hitting the 4.5GHash advertised? Right?

Less than 5 days away from the promised delivery deadlne buddy.

I need them meds you are on. They seem to be doing you wonders...

You are a special kind of stupid.

Ignored, enjoy.

I know I promised I would leave this thread for ever when I got my refund, but I just have to comment.

Bar, you seem like a rational intelligent person, but honestly man step back for a second and look at the reality of the situation.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:15:07 PM

The Reality of the Situation is that Terrahash promised delivery two weeks after the chips arrived based on order queue.

They made assumptions (Just like all the group buys and every that placed an order with Terrahash) that Avalon chips would arrive much sooner than now, but that is what happens when you place a "Bet". Sometimes you lose.

Terrahash made no policy that if Avalon is late then they will refund you your money. Do you think any of the group buys for chips are refunding as well? Customers made a bet on Avalon delivering and they want to blame everyone else besides yourself for that.

It's time to wake up and take responsibility for your purchase. Either mine with it, sell it, or use it as a reminder of why you shouldn't spend more money than you can afford to lose.

At some point you will realize that while you may believe you are helping Terrahash, you simply draw out past arguments, that we should be over already. Once again, you are incorrect about refunds. Terrahash actually posted about refunds AFTER the pre-order date here and alluded to the fact that they were going to be honored. Just like earlier in this thread people jumped on you for reselling your order, and I defended your right to resell it.

I only point this out, as you claim so often that you speak from logic and fact, and are once again wrong. Can we get past this refund deal? Those that want to do chargebacks are completely in their right to do so.

So, will preorders on Tuesday be part of the already ordered chips or not? If I login on Tuesday at 9AM and order say a DX Large (with you providing the chips). Is going to ship at the end of July/early August or 8 weeks later after you order more chips? This is really important if anyone here is going to take your Tuesday preorder seriously.

Will you let people know if they made the cut or not before they order? Or, are you taking a sort it out later approach?

As I mentioned before, we would be investing the pre-order money to buy more chips to meet our estimated requirement. So we would not be limiting the orders to the number of chips we have. Also, since some people will be paying with Wire (which takes up to 3 days), we will have no way to know which all orders have been paid for until then. However, within a week, we will email you the estimated delivery date. You can then choose to keep the order or ask for a refund.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:21:14 PM

The Reality of the Situation is that Terrahash promised delivery two weeks after the chips arrived based on order queue.

They made assumptions (Just like all the group buys and every that placed an order with Terrahash) that Avalon chips would arrive much sooner than now, but that is what happens when you place a "Bet". Sometimes you lose.

Terrahash made no policy that if Avalon is late then they will refund you your money. Do you think any of the group buys for chips are refunding as well? Customers made a bet on Avalon delivering and they want to blame everyone else besides yourself for that.

It's time to wake up and take responsibility for your purchase. Either mine with it, sell it, or use it as a reminder of why you shouldn't spend more money than you can afford to lose.

At some point you will realize that while you may believe you are helping Terrahash, you simply draw out past arguments, that we should be over already. Once again, you are incorrect about refunds. Terrahash actually posted about refunds AFTER the pre-order date here and alluded to the fact that they were going to be honored.

I only point this out, as you claim so often that you speak from logic and fact, and are once again wrong. Can we get past this refund deal? Those that want to do chargebacks are completely in their right to do so.

So, will preorders on Tuesday be part of the already ordered chips or not? If I login on Tuesday at 9AM and order say a DX Large (with you providing the chips). Is going to ship at the end of July/early August or 8 weeks later after you order more chips? This is really important if anyone here is going to take your Tuesday preorder seriously.

Will you let people know if they made the cut or not before they order? Or, are you taking a sort it out later approach?

As I mentioned before, we would be investing the pre-order money to buy more chips to meet our estimated requirement. So we would not be limiting the orders to the number of chips we have. Also, since some people will be paying with Wire (which takes up to 3 days), we will have no way to know which all orders have been paid for until then. However, within a week, we will email you the estimated delivery date. You can then choose to keep the order or ask for a refund.
I feel Terrahash, had they recieved the chips based on the the only time they had to go on ( receive late july ), that they would be able to start delivering our boards in mid august, maybe late august, that has been my belief until now, with the "chips lost in space" event. But I do feel they will be found again and I will wait till the end of next week to see if they are. for now Smiley If not, I am going to call my bank and see what my CC policy offers on undelivered purchases..

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:08:29 PM

At some point you will realize that while you may believe you are helping Terrahash, you simply draw out past arguments, that we should be over already. Once again, you are incorrect about refunds. Terrahash actually posted about refunds AFTER the pre-order date here and alluded to the fact that they were going to be honored.

Please stop posting here Atomic,

again you are telling lies and are making yourself look like an even bigger moron.

Luckily MinermanNC quoted your post else your lies might have worked since you are still ignored.

About the refund policy, it was changed way before the orders were taken.

My definition of "way before" and yours are obviously vastly different

Q. Do you issue refunds?

A. We can refund your order if it has not been shipped. Once your order is shipped, we won’t be able to issue you a refund.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=terrahash.com+faq+refund&d=4689181941699424&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=T_8k06RNEoJUZOKig5KN9HykiIP1diRj

That snapshot is from 6/16/2013 and we started taking orders on 18th. In any case, the policy was changed BEFORE the orders were taken. How much before doesn't really matter.

Old sport... why so much hostility...

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
atomicchaos

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:19:10 AM

Please stop posting here Atomic,

again you are telling lies and are making yourself look like an even bigger moron.

Luckily MinermanNC quoted your post else your lies might have worked since you are still ignored.

Yes, my quoted post from Terrahash must have been made up, I suppose I hacked his account and posted that after the pre-sales were completed. Again, your posts do nothing to help Terrahash.

The quoted post that I had was AFTER the screen shot about refunds that you reposted. You have issues with facts that don't align with your beliefs, don't you? Keep feeding this fire on the irrelevant topic. Those that want refunds will get them, if they were smart enough to use a method that allows them.

atomicchaos

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:33:21 AM

The quoted post that I had was AFTER the screen shot about refunds that you reposted. You have issues with facts that don't align with your beliefs, don't you?

I'm laughing so hard right now.

Since when does June 14th come after July 10th?

Back to your bridge troll.

So, do yourself a favor and re-hit the ignore button, you must have removed the ignore by accident. I'm sorry you misunderstood, the screenshot Terrahash posted was supposedly referenced to be changed shortly before the pre-order, the post I showed was posted after the pre-orders (which conflicted to their "new" policy) and then in July Terrahash reposted that they didn't allow refunds.

Fortunately, we'll get the refund if we request it, whether or not they allowed refunds, then disallowed them, then hinted to allowing them, and then finally stated they didn't allow them.

Pointless argument, keep drawing it out, I know you can't accept not having the last word, I'll play your game.

Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:16:43 AM

Where is the best place to sell a pre-order?
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:45:44 AM

I know I promised I would leave this thread for ever when I got my refund, but I just have to comment.

Bar, you seem like a rational intelligent person, but honestly man step back for a second and look at the reality of the situation.

Thank you, but because of this rationality I can't understand how anyone can Speculate on how Terrahash would have operated if the chips were not late.

As a company they are not going to put rush orders on parts if they can't use them yet. They are not going to spend money if it is not needed.

No matter how much the trolls in this thread want this to be Terrahash's fault it simply isn't. It is Avalons.

Sure I'll agree with everyone here on the following.

They should post a video of Optimal Hashing speeds, but that will only silent a few of the trolls on here.

+1

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
knightlife999

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:52:07 AM

eBay is generally a good place. Bitmit also. Some people are a little skittish about buying pre-orders at the moment and you won't get the same amount for your boards that you would have received 2-4 weeks ago. Be careful to only sell to people who have a good number of positive feedback and some length of account history. Though quite a few sellers on eBay have proven to be scammers, there are an equal number of scammers that are buyers. Just be cautious.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:50:04 AM

eBay is generally a good place. Bitmit also. Some people are a little skittish about buying pre-orders at the moment and you won't get the same amount for your boards that you would have received 2-4 weeks ago. Be careful to only sell to people who have a good number of positive feedback and some length of account history. Though quite a few sellers on eBay have proven to be scammers, there are an equal number of scammers that are buyers. Just be cautious.

If you sell on ebay watch out for paypal's policy on presales.  With not being able to guarantee you will ship product out within 30 days i would not go ebay.

Try forums here.  Hardest part is with presale on these you cant really do escrow, and current market, so chances are you will get less then what you have paid if you find buyer.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:33:37 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 03:06:54 PM by MinermanNC

Oh this is really nice to see. link was posted in the avalon  Incoming news thread today:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=271629.0

ya looks a lot like our missing chips eh  Huh
Just who ya know I guess...

EDIT: Someone has said those are old pics....but an newer screen shot ??

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:09:51 PM

Thank you, but because of this rationality I can't understand how anyone can Speculate on how Terrahash would have operated if the chips were not late.

As a company they are not going to put rush orders on parts if they can't use them yet. They are not going to spend money if it is not needed.

No matter how much the trolls in this thread want this to be Terrahash's fault it simply isn't. It is Avalons.

Sure I'll agree with everyone here on the following.

They should post a video of Optimal Hashing speeds, but that will only silent a few of the trolls on here.

+1

+1
knightlife999

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:11:20 PM

Oh this is really nice to see. link was posted in the avalon  Incoming news thread today:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=271629.0

ya looks a lot like our missing chips eh  Huh
Just who ya know I guess...

What's up with that? So they got a large shipment mid July? Very fishy.

Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:16:57 PM

As far as selling my pre-order I think I am just going to file with my credit card company, because this is obviously a breech of contract on both Avalon, and although possibly unintentionally, TerraHash as well. We should all have our orders come Aug. 15th

I think we need to push Terrahash to go for a refund on the chips as Bicknellksi is trying to organize with all the group buys. Avalon violated the contract with the group buys and with all of us investors. They need to refund and or compensate.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270897.20

We aren't even hearing a word from Avalon on this. No word that they are trying to contact Yifu or about what they are going to do to get our chips. Everyone is dropping the ball.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:35:56 PM

As far as selling my pre-order I think I am just going to file with my credit card company, because this is obviously a breech of contract on both Avalon, and although possibly unintentionally, TerraHash as well. We should all have our orders come Aug. 15th

I think we need to push Terrahash to go for a refund on the chips as Bicknellksi is trying to organize with all the group buys.

You wont be able to push TH into refund.  I got my paypal refund long ago when they didn't meet deadlines they would post, they never even worked within paypal to resolve it.

If you get it through route your talking it will be credit card getting cash back, TH will in no way help if past is indicator. 
kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:44:18 PM

My post was not been specifically aimed at you, more a general answer on other post but yeah, you're not excluded from that. Of course you do not need to have a Bitcointalk account with hundreds of posts but of course the lack of them will not make people completely comfortable.

On the other hand, what's the guarantee that a person with a 3 year old account with 500 posts will not scam anyone? And don't tell me thats never happened. What I am trying to say is, judging someone by the number of their posts is just like judging someone by the color of their skin.

Did you just compare skepticism of newly created accounts to racism?

let me just bring this back...

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:02:43 PM

I think we need to push Terrahash to go for a refund on the chips as Bicknellksi is trying to organize with all the group buys.

You wont be able to push TH into refund.  I got my paypal refund long ago when they didn't meet deadlines they would post, they never even worked within paypal to resolve it.

If you get it through route your talking it will be credit card getting cash back, TH will in no way help if past is indicator.  

I think my credit card takes care of all that.

TerraHash needs to push Avalon into a refund. What don't you people get? Contracts were broken - all obligations for payment on our part and TH and group buys is void. Avalon owes us our money back. We all should have out Klondikes by now (well, by the 15th). Its time, actually past time to get the Avalon refund in process.  

It should really concern you all that TH is not even trying to put pressure on Avalon.
knightlife999

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:15:10 PM

You wont be able to push TH into refund.  I got my paypal refund long ago when they didn't meet deadlines they would post, they never even worked within paypal to resolve it.

I think my credit card takes care of all that.

TerraHash needs to push Avalon into a refund. What don't you people get? Contracts were broken - all obligations for payment on our part and TH and group buys is void. Avalon owes us our money back. We all should have out Klondikes by now (well, by the 15th). Its time, actually past time to get the Avalon refund in process. 

It should really concern you all that TH is not even trying to put pressure on Avalon.

I don't want my money back. I want my boards. Everyone is trying to put pressure on Bitsyncom (Avalon): Terrahash, Steamboat (Liquid Designs), Bitmine, and all others. What makes you think they aren't? The DIY companies did not pay for the chips with credit cards. Payments for the chips were made in BTC. The only recourse they would have is to bring some kind of lawsuit, which would take a year or more to come to fruition. Our orders are a little late. Once again, it's nowhere near what those of us with BFL orders have been put through. A couple of weeks....  Personally, I just want my boards.

Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:24:14 PM

Your boards are going may be next to worthless by the time you get them. 2nd gen chips are coming out between Oct. and the end of the year. You aren't going to get your boards for another month, maybe longer.

Where is there any evidence of TH and others putting pressure on Avalon? There is more recourse than lawsuit, they can ALL file for refunds, they can threaten to boycott Avalon. And I don't think a lawsuit is going to take a year or more. Even serving papers for filing suit may get him awake.

knightlife999

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:28:14 PM

Your boards are going may be next to worthless by the time you get them. 2nd gen chips are coming out between Oct. and the end of the year. You aren't going to get your boards for another month, maybe longer.

Where is there any evidence of TH and others putting pressure on Avalon? There is more recourse than lawsuit, they can threaten to boycott Avalon. And I don't think a lawsuit is going to take a year or more. Even serving papers for filing suit may get him awake.

I have 2.3 TH/s of mining gear on order. I want my 300 GH/s of Terrahash and Liquid Designs K16s. I'll be fine if I get them in the next 3-4 weeks. They aren't worthless to me. They may be worthless if you only have 4 on order, but 300 GH/s is still viable.

As for serving papers, that is a waste of time. By the time anything happened we would long since have our boards. I was a cop and worked in the court system. It would take too long to make anything happen.

Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: