Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:54:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:34:37 PM

Your boards are going may be next to worthless by the time you get them. 2nd gen chips are coming out between Oct. and the end of the year. You aren't going to get your boards for another month, maybe longer.

Where is there any evidence of TH and others putting pressure on Avalon? There is more recourse than lawsuit, they can threaten to boycott Avalon. And I don't think a lawsuit is going to take a year or more. Even serving papers for filing suit may get him awake.

I have 2.3 TH/s of mining gear on order. I want my 300 GH/s of Terrahash and Liquid Designs K16s. I'll be fine if I get them in the next 3-4 weeks. They aren't worthless to me. They may be worthless if you only have 4 on order, but 300 GH/s is still viable.

As for serving papers, that is a waste of time. By the time anything happened we would long since have our boards. I was a cop and worked in the court system. It would take too long to make anything happen.

You don't know when you are getting them. There is no ETA anymore. And it isn't how many GHashes you have, it is how much you paid for it that matters.
knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:45:54 PM

Your boards are going may be next to worthless by the time you get them. 2nd gen chips are coming out between Oct. and the end of the year. You aren't going to get your boards for another month, maybe longer.

Where is there any evidence of TH and others putting pressure on Avalon? There is more recourse than lawsuit, they can threaten to boycott Avalon. And I don't think a lawsuit is going to take a year or more. Even serving papers for filing suit may get him awake.

I have 2.3 TH/s of mining gear on order. I want my 300 GH/s of Terrahash and Liquid Designs K16s. I'll be fine if I get them in the next 3-4 weeks. They aren't worthless to me. They may be worthless if you only have 4 on order, but 300 GH/s is still viable.

As for serving papers, that is a waste of time. By the time anything happened we would long since have our boards. I was a cop and worked in the court system. It would take too long to make anything happen.

You don't know when you are getting them. There is no ETA anymore. And it isn't how many GHashes you have, it is how much you paid for it that matters.

Ok. Well, I guess if someone paid an inflated price, they would be pretty upset. I didn't. Bought my equipment at regular prices. All I want is my boards.

I'm not sure what kind of proof you need from TH that they have been hounding Yifu for our chips. Yifu does not answer his phone or emails. Hundreds of people (if not more) have been hounding him for weeks. They are going to ship the chips when they want to. What we can do about it, is not order any more Bitsyncom products in the future (or BFL for that matter). I am thoroughly invested in this. I'll get my miners.  

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:48:18 PM

I understand why you are frustrated Vigil. We all are. I'm sure the DIY companies are tearing their hair out. I don't expect them to post pictures of them tearing their hair out, but I'm sure it's happening. This is a learning experience for all of us.

One of the most frustrating times of the day for me is reading BFL_Jody's blog. Can't believe that they waste their time posting such dismal performance and try to make it sound like they are doing so well.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 01:53:47 PM

https://sites.google.com/site/boycotavalon/

BOYCOTT AVALON

Demand Refunds Now

Just the Facts

1. Many of the community have invested in these chips at a time when AVALON had elevated themselves into arguably the top slot for BTC mining equipment. So far they have delivered 1 batch of chips to their "western" customer base and they were some 4 weeks overdue.

2. Their "No Bullshit" terms of sale have not been followed; sample/developer chips provided 4 weeks after payment of order didnt happen. Shipping of chips 9-10 weeks after payment didnt happen. They are clearly in violation of their own terms of sale and therefore must offer a full refund to those purchasers requesting such.

3. Whatever you have been told, their statement "No refunds" does not waive our statutory rights as consumers. I am a large shareholder in a group buy who have already requested a refund and have not received any reply. This is simply not acceptable from a company who has taken $millions of our money. Our group has realised that this 6+ week in delay and counting has effectively made the chips worthless to us.

4. If the majority of shareholders in group buys decide that they will be wasting more money for fabrication costs and having no chance of seeing a ROI, then perhaps, its time to demand a full REFUND from BitSyncom,  after all there are other companies which can likely deliver sooner and represent a more favourable investment.

5. I would urge all batch leaders to poll your group buy members and find out what THEY want, if a large number of group buy leaders request a refund, there will have to start addressing the issue. BitSyncom need to understand that they need to open up channels of communication and address this serious issue which affects hundreds if not thousands of consumers.

6. If this situation continues for much longer, the chips will not be worth their initial cost + development cost.

7. If you have any information about BitSyncom, full personal details,addresses (for legal communication), telephone numbers and e-mail addresses, Links to their personal media pages, personal future appointments at events (dates and locations), any info which will help to make contact, please post it on this thread.

namoom

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:00:50 PM

Latest news regarding chips shipping and batch 3
http://www.avalon-asics.com/

There are 2 pages, be sure to hit the right arrow to get the specific updates
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:08:07 PM

BOYCOTT AVALON

Demand Refunds Now

Just the Facts

1. Many of the community have invested in these chips at a time when AVALON had elevated themselves into arguably the top slot for BTC mining equipment. So far they have delivered 1 batch of chips to their "western" customer base and they were some 4 weeks overdue.

2. Their "No Bullshit" terms of sale have not been followed; sample/developer chips provided 4 weeks after payment of order didnt happen. Shipping of chips 9-10 weeks after payment didnt happen. They are clearly in violation of their own terms of sale and therefore must offer a full refund to those purchasers requesting such.

3. Whatever you have been told, their statement "No refunds" does not waive our statutory rights as consumers. I am a large shareholder in a group buy who have already requested a refund and have not received any reply. This is simply not acceptable from a company who has taken $millions of our money. Our group has realised that this 6+ week in delay and counting has effectively made the chips worthless to us.

4. If the majority of shareholders in group buys decide that they will be wasting more money for fabrication costs and having no chance of seeing a ROI, then perhaps, its time to demand a full REFUND from BitSyncom,  after all there are other companies which can likely deliver sooner and represent a more favourable investment.

5. I would urge all batch leaders to poll your group buy members and find out what THEY want, if a large number of group buy leaders request a refund, there will have to start addressing the issue. BitSyncom need to understand that they need to open up channels of communication and address this serious issue which affects hundreds if not thousands of consumers.

6. If this situation continues for much longer, the chips will not be worth their initial cost + development cost.

7. If you have any information about BitSyncom, full personal details,addresses (for legal communication), telephone numbers and e-mail addresses, Links to their personal media pages, personal future appointments at events (dates and locations), any info which will help to make contact, please post it on this thread.

dont take this the wrong way vigil,
but could you please keep the avalon bashing/ bitsyncom/ yifu tar and feathering to the avalon sites?

not that i am a fan... in fact i am also pissed as hell,
but even if there was to be a refund we would all be fooked at this point.

i know its difficult, and im having a hard time not ranting as im asking you to restrain yourself, but it would be nice if we could keep this forum on track with news and terrahash bashing =P

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:35:15 PM

BOYCOTT AVALON

Demand Refunds Now

Just the Facts

dont take this the wrong way vigil,
but could you please keep the avalon bashing/ bitsyncom/ yifu tar and feathering to the avalon sites?

not that i am a fan... in fact i am also pissed as hell,
but even if there was to be a refund we would all be fooked at this point.

i know its difficult, and im having a hard time not ranting as im asking you to restrain yourself, but it would be nice if we could keep this forum on track with news and terrahash bashing =P
No. This is posted here so that the individual members of the TerraHash purchases can have a discussion and make their decision about how to proceed. This directly pertains to TerraHash and our orders, this is not isolated to Avalon.
Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:37:41 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 02:49:35 PM by Vigil

Latest news regarding chips shipping and batch 3
http://www.avalon-asics.com/

There are 2 pages, be sure to hit the right arrow to get the specific updates
We have known this for going on a week now, where have you been?

Here is a poll regarding the action to be taken against Avalon:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270897.0

so far, 80 people want a refund - that is about 50% of the respondents.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:12:25 PM

As far as selling my pre-order I think I am just going to file with my credit card company, because this is obviously a breech of contract on both Avalon, and although possibly unintentionally, TerraHash as well. We should all have our orders come Aug. 15th

I think we need to push Terrahash to go for a refund on the chips as Bicknellksi is trying to organize with all the group buys.

You wont be able to push TH into refund.  I got my paypal refund long ago when they didn't meet deadlines they would post, they never even worked within paypal to resolve it.

If you get it through route your talking it will be credit card getting cash back, TH will in no way help if past is indicator. 

I think my credit card takes care of all that.

TerraHash needs to push Avalon into a refund. What don't you people get? Contracts were broken - all obligations for payment on our part and TH and group buys is void. Avalon owes us our money back. We all should have out Klondikes by now (well, by the 15th). Its time, actually past time to get the Avalon refund in process. 

It should really concern you all that TH is not even trying to put pressure on Avalon.

I don't want my money back. I want my boards. Everyone is trying to put pressure on Bitsyncom (Avalon): Terrahash, Steamboat (Liquid Designs), Bitmine, and all others. What makes you think they aren't? The DIY companies did not pay for the chips with credit cards. Payments for the chips were made in BTC. The only recourse they would have is to bring some kind of lawsuit, which would take a year or more to come to fruition. Our orders are a little late. Once again, it's nowhere near what those of us with BFL orders have been put through. A couple of weeks....  Personally, I just want my boards.
Agreed for now. I will be amazed to see if any of the others KNC etc actually deliver on time as well,,,we all know none of them ever have. Goes with the territory I guess

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:28:12 PM

Very mature...
link to videos please? I could be wrong you know (i want to be wrong... in fact we all do)

Where are these overdue promised items:
1. Pictures of the DX Mini
2. Picture of a completed Klondike 16 w/ heat sink
3. Hashing rate reaching promised rate
4. Invoice/POs of all components

Terrahash! Where the heck is the DX Mini case that were supposed to arrive friday?
Did you lie to us again?!

Do you even have a design completed?

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:43:49 PM

Terrahash may want to consider sticking with 20,000 Gen1 chips and defer the purchase of another 20,000 chips unless they can get their hands on the Gen1 chips within the next two weeks.

If the 55 nm chips are 4-5 times faster and use less power then the 110 nm chips, I maybe willing to wait until October or November for my order if it was upgraded to Gen2 chips. It sounds like there is a good chance Gen2 chips will work with the K16 with little to no modification.

Perhaps Avalon and Terrahash can offer Gen1 purchasers the opportunity to switch their order to Gen2 chips at no extra charge...

Of course, this all assumes that Avalon can actually ship Gen2 chips in bulk by mid October, which is highly unlikely given their current track record.
kkooks

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:46:10 PM

Terrahash may want to consider sticking with 20,000 Gen1 chips and defer the purchase of another 20,000 chips unless they can get their hands on the Gen1 chips within the next two weeks.

If the 55 nm chips are 4-5 times faster and use less power then the 110 nm chips, I maybe willing to wait until October or November for my order if it was upgraded to Gen2 chips. It sounds like there is a good chance Gen2 chips will work with the K16 with little to no modification.

Perhaps Avalon and Terrahash can offer Gen1 purchasers the opportunity to switch their order to Gen2 chips at no extra charge...

Of course, this all assumes that Avalon can actually ship Gen2 chips in bulk by mid October, which is highly unlikely given their current track record.

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:53:40 PM

Terrahash would you please shed some light on all these events this past week?

Remember we want the good, bad and the ugly on all the issues facing you as they directly affect us as well. We still would rather you succeed in your start up effort. Please remember that. We are not the enemy. Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:17:53 PM

Why would you even consider Avalon over Bitfury for 55nm chips?!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:01:13 PM

+1
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:20:26 PM

Because Terrahash already has parts to assemble klondike miners. You can't put BitFury chips on a klondike board.
kkooks

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:43:39 PM

Because Terrahash already has parts to assemble klondike miners. You can't put BitFury chips on a klondike board.

uh... where were u all week? Terrahash confessed to not have ANYTHING in place...

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:58:10 PM

uh... where were u all week? Terrahash confessed to not have ANYTHING in place...

thats a huge misrepresentation of what they said

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:01:10 PM

Well it's already been proven that Bitfury and Klondike can design, develop and produce a solution a hell of a lot faster than it will take Bitsyncom to deliver...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
kkooks

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 08:13:40 PM

Okay fine... =/ I was annoyed that we were not holding terrahash accountable.

they have just placed orders for the Klondike boards this week (supposedly)
they do not have them on hand...

Summary--
1. No PSUs
2. No Cases
3. No Boards
4. No BOM components to populate the boards with
5. No Avalon chip orders other than the first 20K (they ordered only enough to produce 50% of the orders only)

etc

WE need to start holding them accountable if we want this ship turned around.
Coz it is starting to look like a disaster.

Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: