Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 11:12:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33314 times)
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:27:37 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
Thats the beauty of bitcoin and for that reason only,most of people are rushing to buy bitcoins and to save it.Bitcoin has almost tripled in its price within the last six months and its price is expected to rise above $3000 after august 1 when segwit is to be activated.Bitcoin has attracted most of the investors world wide towards it and even gold has not given its investors as much returns as bitcoin has given.
in short the verry best thing to do is to save it and wait for the price to rise 4 times higher from actual price.i think that was the best thing to do.in order to have a lot of profit.
moviebuff777

Activity: 378

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:52:14 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
Thats the beauty of bitcoin and for that reason only,most of people are rushing to buy bitcoins and to save it.Bitcoin has almost tripled in its price within the last six months and its price is expected to rise above $3000 after august 1 when segwit is to be activated.Bitcoin has attracted most of the investors world wide towards it and even gold has not given its investors as much returns as bitcoin has given.
in short the verry best thing to do is to save it and wait for the price to rise 4 times higher from actual price.i think that was the best thing to do.in order to have a lot of profit.

I save most of what I have because I think it will be worth a lot more the longer I wait. Spending bitcoins is a good way to promote bitcoins so it does help the investment as well.

I think the trend right now for most people is to save as much as they can now while bitcoin is still not mainstream and relatively unknown to most people.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

Hero/Legendary

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████
jameshowlett

Activity: 338

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:56:45 PM

saving is my answer. And moreover, if I can choose, I will choose to invest my bitcoin other places such as altcoin or real estate, too. Spending always cause you many problems and it does not improve your life at all. Try to think like a millionaire and you will become a millionaire

nethan1btc

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:08:23 PM

Yeah bitcoin has a wide ranging popularity today since there were more speculations, but most investors became more brave and courageous to face those challenges thaf feared them. As of now people were now lining up and observing the actual scenarion of what will happen after the segwit. For me I don't care no matter what and all I believed is the actual results in the future of bitcoin to lives which may affect in a long run of my holdings,  it really needs time in order to make your profit grow using any other alt currencies.
Seeker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:39:12 PM

If i have a lot of bitcoin i will use it to make business and convert it into fiat. Half of it will use to make business the other half is to stay here and do some trading so i can earn more and save some for me to secure my future.
Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:42:05 AM

I do not care about the hard fork issue, I'm sure this will not happen, so I keep keep bitcoin even though the price of these few days keeps going down.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:11:56 AM

It's up to you, since you are seeing benefits of saving it. The question is, where you gonna spend it? and what's your purpose? will you spend it to make it bigger? or investing in particular. You have a choice if whether you'll try to invest it or not. It'll be a bit risky but it is totally worth it if you'll succeed. The risk by the way still depends on you. So in order to make it successful, you need to to make sure that you'll assure the profit from it for something in return.

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:07:53 AM

Thats the main advantage of bitcoin for which every one is rushing to buy bitcoins.Bitcoin price is growing tremendously and its price has almost tripled in its price within past six months.Bitcoin is nowadays termed as digital gold and even some of gold investors have started to invest in bitcoins instead of gold.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:22:35 AM

Saving bitcoin now will make you a millionaires in years to come.  from 13cent to 50cent is a good explanation that bitcoin increase in values fast than any assets now be it commodities, stocks and securities. The best thing to do now is buy and save your coins.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:34:37 PM

If i have a lot of bitcoin i will divide it into to some will convert for me to make business and the other half i will use it to trade my btc with altcoins and save some for future purposes, i would choose to spend some and save the other half so i do both.
I think being a businessman, a one should not be focused on one business. If I have a lot of bitcoin, so that time, I will see the environment of the market and 30% of my all bitcoin will withdraw and change into flat money for the purpose of staring other practical business but with the remaining 70% bitcoin I will have to invest in the field of trading of bitcoin. I love trading and I think trading in bitcoin is so beneficial to save more time of your life and earn a lot for your future.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:33:51 PM

Saving bitcoin now will make you a millionaires in years to come.  from 13cent to 50cent is a good explanation that bitcoin increase in values fast than any assets now be it commodities, stocks and securities. The best thing to do now is buy and save your coins.
Maybe you become a millionaire but how many years or decades you save your bitcoin before it happen? I suggest that if you make a savings just make an investment too. Because if you spend your bitcoin into nonsense, I think your income is equal to your investment always.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:01:10 AM

Better hold bitcoin, because its price will constantly grow. You can spend it only on large and really necessary purchases such as a house or a car. To lose precious coins for entertainment is stupid.
You can't say that the price of bitcoin is constantly rising, because if you are reading some statistical report about the status of bitcoin, you can see that the price is up in down. It varies from time to time.
Perhaps what he meant was better to hold on because in the future the price would be higher than it is today but you can not hold all your bitcoins because you must have a daily need to pay. So I split my bitcoin into 2 purses. 1 for the future and 1 wallet again for daily spending purposes
Star_Bucks

Activity: 263
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:49:08 AM

Holding your bitcoin may be a wise idea but if you already feel contented about what you already have then go spend it if the case is you'll be earning more after spending too much. On the other side there would also be some advantages bit it's a bit risky. The price of bitcoin either goes higher or lower. The choice is yours if you would like to spend it away or wait till bitcoin reach its highest. The stake is high so are the price but still you should be smart and wise on the things you're doing specially here in bitcoin.
soccerisbig78

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:26:36 AM

I guess i'd save 2/3. And use the remaining for things that could be useful in my life, not spending it in cars or similar stuff.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:39:02 AM

For those holding a lot of btc, I would recommend investing a portion of it to diversify and hedge against worst case scenarios.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be a big investment. It could be possible to start a small side business with as little as $100.

If the worst btc doomsday scenario happens, some portion of the btc bankroll surviving in the form of a spin off, could be nice.
IVNAY ALBIN FAHAD 150

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:51:52 AM

if I have a lot of bitcoin, I should save and invest different project to make more then more bitcoin.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:10:57 AM

If you really want to see the difference if you made profit from holding and saving your bitcoins try to hold them for a couple of years and see after if it had made profits. If I had a couple of bitcoins though I would invest half of it in trading and the rest I'll store them in my hardwallet.
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:38:12 AM

There is no problem if you want to spend it or save it, the decision is yours. Two things  can happen, If you save it for a long time, maybe the time comes that its price rises so high or maybe it will gone soon. I probably want to happen the first choice. But to be safe devide it into two, in cryptocurrency and to real cash.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:11:05 AM

There is no problem if you want to spend it or save it, the decision is yours. Two things  can happen, If you save it for a long time, maybe the time comes that its price rises so high or maybe it will gone soon. I probably want to happen the first choice. But to be safe devide it into two, in cryptocurrency and to real cash.

I would do the same thing, to convert my bitcoin into cash and some to keep in my wallet.  We do not know what will happen as time goes by with bitcoins.  It can continue to goes up or it will be gone.  I also want to enjoy the hard work I put into earning bitcoins that is why I will spend some of it.  Just to feel inspired to go on and earn more bitcoins.  I will give some to my family for them to believe that bitcoin is a real thing. Because they do not believe on it right now even if they see me earning through it.
TheFriends

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:16:58 AM

Save some and invest some. Investment diversification is good.

So the risk is redistributed.

If interested in high quality translations English-Portuguese please contact me via privat message or send an email to thefriendspt@gmail.com
Telegram: @thefriendspt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: