Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin wallet be hacked by hackers?  (Read 28447 times)
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:03:41 PM

It is hard for hackers to hackyour wallet if you have protection from them like passwords , two way and if your pc is also prtectes as well as your hard drive, it would be difficult for them tp make a security breach, also it is up tp the user whether they will trust their wallet to anyone. Mame sure you prioritize your wallet's security first before focusing on earning, don't be tpo greedy ypu might loose your earnings if you don't secure.it.
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:44:06 PM

The basic steps for securing my wallet account is by, Securing an email account, using unique and powerful passwords and enabling two-factor authentication
I agree with you, maximize wallet security features and I sure it can hamper hacking or you can use wallet offline the security is more secure than the online wallet.
bitnatiker

Activity: 85
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:46:12 PM

Nothing is 100% safe

PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:55:03 PM

The basic steps for securing my wallet account is by, Securing an email account, using unique and powerful passwords and enabling two-factor authentication
2 steps verification definitely helps a lot in securing your account. As far as the passwords are concerned, this should be changed regularly. We should use difficult and unique passwords which are not easy to guess. Online wallets do provide high level security especially electrum is best example of safe wallet. Bitcoins are not easy to be hacked.
kupido14

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:36:37 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
Yes they can hack into our wallet because of today's technology is improving and growing in a glimpse so will hackers too. But if we just strengthen the safety of our wallet I think there are a small chance that it'll hacked. There are also many way to guaranteed that your wallet is safe, example for holding a multiple wallet I think it will lessen the cost of losing money from your wallet.

cantika

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:02:31 PM

All things can be hacked as long as it is created by man, Technically, a hack is “unauthorized access to a computer”. Many hackers go in and out of others’ computers and servers just for fun (scary, but it happens). Some hacks are positive – there is a service that will try to hack your bitcoin wallet to recover funds for you. so if someone manages to get you wallet.dat he has the private keys and your bitcoins. If the private keys ore off-line, like paper wallets, or secure hardware wallets, then the private keys are secured and cannot be stolen. If you lose the private keys from an address, then your bitcoins are gone. So the address private key, is the tool to access and spend bitcoins in that address.
NavySeals

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:05:59 PM

I think if you use good wallet and strong security, your Bitcoin will be safe. Smiley

Whatever strong security you have , they are professional they still can do it, the better way double or even triple protection by your mobile, email and by taking backup.
More or less that is possible. I think the better way to do is you have to transfer it into your currency so that whatever may happen it has already a value and you can spend on. Don't wait too much for the growth if you think it's enough then transfer it to your wallet and make use of it before discrepancies may occur. The earlier the better.
I will support you in this regard .no matter how much high security is offered by bitcoins everything in the world of internet is vulnerable to hacking and same is the case with bitcoins it is better to convert your digital currency into fiats as soon as possible you have reached your reckoned price being too much greedy could ultimately be very destructive.

We take precautions like paper wallet, private key wallets, hardware wallet etc.

We buy trezor or keepkey or ledger physical wallets.

This is not enough to be in 100% safe. Becasue our computers are connecting to different internet networks. This makes the computers vulnerable to any hacking attempt.
btcjocan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:45:39 PM

I think if you use good wallet and strong security, your Bitcoin will be safe. Smiley

Whatever strong security you have , they are professional they still can do it, the better way double or even triple protection by your mobile, email and by taking backup.
More or less that is possible. I think the better way to do is you have to transfer it into your currency so that whatever may happen it has already a value and you can spend on. Don't wait too much for the growth if you think it's enough then transfer it to your wallet and make use of it before discrepancies may occur. The earlier the better.
I will support you in this regard .no matter how much high security is offered by bitcoins everything in the world of internet is vulnerable to hacking and same is the case with bitcoins it is better to convert your digital currency into fiats as soon as possible you have reached your reckoned price being too much greedy could ultimately be very destructive.

We take precautions like paper wallet, private key wallets, hardware wallet etc.

We buy trezor or keepkey or ledger physical wallets.

This is not enough to be in 100% safe. Becasue our computers are connecting to different internet networks. This makes the computers vulnerable to any hacking attempt.
The risk is too high. No matter what passwords you set there are so many ways a hacker can do something but if you are really good at preventing hackers or scammers,the throne is yours! Well,basically people like the idea of wallet that can be accessed through mobile. The worlds seems so small now. And we all k ow that technology is updating every year and then so it's not a surprised if ine day a person will have a sudden richness because of hacking only and definitely it's illegal and hard to trace up.
Troysen

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:34:17 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?

hackers can easily hack or steal your account information if you do not secure your wallet well. As my security i am using 2FA authentication that use mobile verification and google authentication.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:22:18 AM

Yes if he has access to your private keys..he does not even need to be an hacker to steal the btc..
That is why you must take every measure to safeguard your seed words or private keys
Someone that has access to your private keys or your seed words is as much of an owner as you, that is why the most important thing a bitcoin holder has to do is to make sure to never write those words and keys in an electronic device or you run the risk of having your money stolen, it is imperative to keep that information a secret even from the closest persons to you.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:06:15 AM

Yes if he has access to your private keys..he does not even need to be an hacker to steal the btc..
That is why you must take every measure to safeguard your seed words or private keys
Someone that has access to your private keys or your seed words is as much of an owner as you, that is why the most important thing a bitcoin holder has to do is to make sure to never write those words and keys in an electronic device or you run the risk of having your money stolen, it is imperative to keep that information a secret even from the closest persons to you.
Hackers spend months in order to discover vulnerability in any new technology and love to exploit it. I have heard rumors that hackers have stolen eth and bitcoins of worth million dollars.

In order to keep yourself safe, you must take some precautionary measurements like not trusting anyone in regard of your private key. Moreover, keep a constant check on your amount so that you can mark out any sort of breach.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:57:34 AM

I agree with you, maximize wallet security features and I sure it can hamper hacking or you can use wallet offline the security is more secure than the online wallet.
Another good security measure is to have your coins in several wallets, that way if a hacker gets access to the seed words or your private keys then he cannot steal your whole funds and instead is going to steal only a small fraction, this is why storing your coins in cold storage is a must for those that have big quantities of bitcoin or for those that want to make sure their coins are safe.
RoadToBTC

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:31:33 AM

Hackers are everywhere and they are usually smart. Eventhough we already secured our wallet with all the possibilities, the chance to get hacked is still in there.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:19:44 AM

if you wanna have a better security, i would recommend to have a multi signature wallet (the address with prefix of 3 instead of 1). in case of possibility of being hacked, they need certainly large amount of computing power which consumes all the possible energy in the Earth as there are more than googol (IIRC) of possible combinations and not all the private key is valid for bitcoin address.

Seems like you are theorizing about brute force hack, in which case multi-signature doesn't really matter, because even a single private key can't be hacked in that way. But it's possible that your bitcoin wallet get "stolen" by a specific virus, and your password too with a keylogger, so hackers can get access to your wallet without cracking private keys. There are also viruses that replace Bitcoin addresses on clipboard when you are just about to send coins. So, keeping your PC safe is #1 priority when you are using Bitcoin.
How keylogger come in our PC. I still don't understand how hacker plant those malware. It is because we click untrusted links or download something. This is very important to secure ou PC. Is paid antivirus enough to secure our PC?
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:06:31 PM

This can happen. The hackers go through the websites to find out your information to attack your wallet.So we should use a cold storage.Or use security 2fa security so that hackers who know the password or email can not be stolen

Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:42:00 PM

Yes or no. What's more likely to happen if someone will hack your computer. That doesn't necessarily mean that the wallet is compromised itself simply that they picked up your addresses keys while you were copying pasting them at some point, or they leached information of a text file Where you were storing your keys. As long as you get your wallet software from a reputable source and there's only a few of them that itself is nice and secure.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:47:14 PM

The websites themselves at least the big ones are secure. It's a matter of what you do with the information between here and there, your passwords keys and things of that nature. The private Keys themselves are basically unhackable, it could be done but the resources would be more costly than the results.
vankinhluan

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:49:20 PM

No one can do that

Blockchain for Apps | Blockchain for Business | Blockchain for Future
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:55:43 PM

Theoretically everything is possible, but this can be avoided. A large part of the break-ins occur through our fault. We lose our vigilance and hope that we have someone to protect. We do give hackers personal information. Remember that safety is in your hands.
Black tea

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:19:08 PM

Everything is likely to happen, so we have to be alert with the bad possibilities that will happen. Private key is a very important thing from your wallet. Because the private key that you can use to move your wallet from wallet service to another one. Use strong passwords so hackers do not easily guess the password we have.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: