Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:22:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How long could bitcoin last?  (Read 23181 times)
quitstem01

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:33:55 AM

I think no one knows how long will bitcoin last. But I think, as long as there are people who benefit from cryto and as long as people finds it useful for them especially with investments, Bitcoin will last for a long period of time. We'll just pray for more of crypto's success in the near future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
masterwakokok7

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:08:15 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

The fact there are still a lot newcomers or investors engaging in this industry. Means more money will rotate at the market. Fluctuation of prices is part of this industry and we cant do about that. At some point the price of btc will eventually crash but I think that wont affect the status of btc in the market. What I mean is that it will still be visible at the market unlike any other players, once they crashed they banished.

qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 12:15:38 PM

Bitcoin is like the U.S dollar at the moment where all other altcoins are pegged to the price of Bitcoin. Also Bitcoin was the very first blockchain ledger so even as an historical artifact, Bitcoin may still be valuable as an investment far into the future. I think it might be around for at least another 50-100 years.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 12:23:56 PM

Surely it will go up and down in between which is pretty true statement. It has got all he reasons to go down depending on the market situation. The best example is happening right now that is segwit2x split and you are experiencing dramatic downward situation for now. In the time which will come afterwards will have upward moment ones the issues are solved. This is all about market, investors and projects related to bitcoin. We should be stable ourselves in such situation and wait for bitcoin to recover by itself. This process will keep happening and may go forever.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:27:52 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
The current down in the price of Bitcoin may results into down your confidence of the btc future in your opinion .
The best thing for you is that you should see at its quality not the quantity . Bitcoin was better thing and also Bitcoin is better thing because the most of the user of the virtual currency are using Bitcoin and using another coins at the exchange for trading purpose only .
And currently the news about the  fork of the Bitcoin at 1 August showing what the Bitcoin team is thinking to make Bitcoin for the future . Here new experiment in the Bitcoin network will make the Bitcoin more easy to use , I mean can be use by unlimited numbers of the people easily in the future .
So I think 20 years is a very small time period for the Bitcoin age . May be we can consider the 100 year atleast to remain in the market .
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:32:25 PM

I think no one knows how long will bitcoin last. But I think, as long as there are people who benefit from cryto and as long as people finds it useful for them especially with investments, Bitcoin will last for a long period of time. We'll just pray for more of crypto's success in the near future.

i think the same as you, because people don't thinking like that, they only thinking the bitcoin benefits for them and how much they can make money from bitcoin. for them, bitcoin is a way to make money and as long as bitcoin still exist, they can still make money and not to worried about anything. beside that, they still believe bitcoin and they still using bitcoin.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:42:00 PM

No one really knows since no human being could able to predict the future of all things specially on crypto. Even guessing the price of bitcoins movements is already hard for us how much more on when would bitcoin die and you are correct as long there are people do use bitcoin it would really live no matte what because bitcoin is still circulating., as long theres demand it wont dies easily for sure.

kekcoindev

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 01:01:58 PM

Bitcoin may or may not last. It is for now the only truly viable decentralised global payment network. Until another cryptocurrency gains enough real-world usage to compete, I think Bitcoin will last - despite the atrocious politicking and power plays plaguing the space.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 01:17:11 PM

My guess is that Bitcoin may last another 30-35 years (i.e up to 2050), with the peak exchange rates reaching somewhere in 2025-2030. The Bitcoin exchange rates will act similar to the share prices of tech stocks during the Dot Com Boom of the 1990s.
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 01:24:13 PM

My guess is that Bitcoin may last another 30-35 years (i.e up to 2050), with the peak exchange rates reaching somewhere in 2025-2030. The Bitcoin exchange rates will act similar to the share prices of tech stocks during the Dot Com Boom of the 1990s.
If such forecasts are only a few dozen years, then what can happen with Bitcoin? The fact is that if we compare Bitcoin in Gold, then gold still has its value that will be valued for all ages. Not only for years. But what you are predicting and for Bitcoin is that its value is simply gone.
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 01:32:53 PM

In my opinion bitcoin could last long because bitcoin is just on the beginning there are things might happen. As long as crypto community have a support and continue using it on their daily transaction it will not perish. Yeah, I know that it is falling now but, its just temporary and it will come back with a higher value. Bitcoin will last forever and it has a possibility to became a new way of payment aside from fiat.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 01:34:15 PM

I also think like you. I still believe Bitcoin will increase in the future but I'm always worried someday it will go away, this can happen. But that is the future so no one knows what will happen. So now we should still make money from it

To be honest people are just panicked about the current situation and why they wouldn't be as they have put lots of money into it. I'm pretty sure bitcoin will last more than that as investors won't be tired of investing into it no matter what. Big alpha companies will keep forming to produce beta results and so on.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 01:36:14 PM

Bitcoin will completely worthless and consider as the end of bitcoin if;
- the nodes crash, or bitcoin can be hacked easily due to bugs inside the nodes.
- internet connection just disappear due to nuclear war (maybe) and electronics gone as well.
- most countries ban bitcoin, anyone who use/have bitcoin will be in jail.
- no one support bitcoin anymore, there is no demand at all.

There's is no certain answer, when exactly it will happen because we don't know what the future brings to us.
We can say, none of those points could happen unless for number 1 which is make current price drop like crazy, but not cause bitcoin worthless obviously. We will see how bitcoin could survive through this problems, it just matter of time.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 01:39:50 PM

I also think like you. I still believe Bitcoin will increase in the future but I'm always worried someday it will go away, this can happen. But that is the future so no one knows what will happen. So now we should still make money from it

To be honest people are just panicked about the current situation and why they wouldn't be as they have put lots of money into it. I'm pretty sure bitcoin will last more than that as investors won't be tired of investing into it no matter what. Big alpha companies will keep forming to produce beta results and so on.

The fact that the mined bitcoins is not yet complete tells it all.
One more is the popularity of it.
It is hard to bring down something that have the support of the people. Add the value of it that grew this much.
Way too different with the altcoins that lacks support and lacks investors.
blckhawk

Activity: 1498
Merit: 327

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 01:45:47 PM

Indeed, I think they are just panicking. There's no doubt that bitcoin will last more than we imagine, as long as we are here to support and use bitcoin there is no reason for it to vanish. These current situation is just temporarily so we don't need to panic because it has not good result when we give up immidiately.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ModGirl

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:33:10 PM

Cutting something from your statement is that. There is no last long period of time of bitcoin. Because there are many success by bitcoin. Bitcoin has accepted in few countries which is spreading like a Facebook there are problem in a first but more strongly it would become in a future. So we should go for investment without fairs.
cryptoblazter

Activity: 421
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:24:51 PM

As long as the community is is continually patronizing bitcoin even it takes a decades it will exist forever. Dropping or crashing the value its just a normal thing but it will resume sooner or later.

aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:20:12 AM

I believe in bitcoin more than anything now and I'm sure about its existence until hundred years for sure. I am predicting that technology of bitcoin will change in the future and it will be complete and more interactive than the current one. There is no hard time now because bitcoin is just growing from its infancy stage and making it more stable. It will work for the time sun goes off and would be more and more powerful by that time.
Himanshu111

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:53:34 PM

I think Bitcoin will fully grow in 10-15 years and then everyone will believe in it. It will easily last for more than 5 decades for sure.
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:26:00 PM

In my own opinion, bitcoin can last a very long time not only in 20 years. I believe that bitcoin can really achieve there goal for being the strongest currency in the world. But if bitcoin's price crash or fell down it very possible that bitcoin will not ast longer becayse some of users will stop using it. But i hope that will never happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: