Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:01:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How long could bitcoin last?  (Read 23181 times)
geniabelty

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:28:19 AM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

Bitcoin can last long Definitely, Yes. Why? As of today there're a lot new participants entering this market. That means the money that revolves at the market would constantly increased in a span of time. Can it crash at a random time? The possibilities of crashing is unlikely unpredictable. Nobody knows when and why. But it could happen any moment, as we don't have control over it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:38:31 AM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
I don't think it would just be 20 years. I think it would last for more years due to the innovation of both currency and technology. The price of bitcoin is getting pumped up as years go by and it brings the creator some new ideas on how to improve bitcoin so that they may avoid meeting trouble like crashing. I don't see that the price would go down so hard, it may for a little due to some problems but going so low, I don't think so.
What the hell are you saying I mean you should need to see what you have mentioned if bitcoin die after 10 - 20 years then most of people will be also die because of this. How can you say that it is decentralized which will be never destroy and neither will be end. So I would like to tell you after 10 - 20 years the bitcoin price will be high from now market.

You are correct Sir.It's look like you are saying bitcoin is no more hereafter. It's not at all possible. Since many using bitcoin for their investment, if bitcoin exit means.They loss entire money which they inversed .Then they commit suicide. Developer of bitcoin will not make this to happen.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:37:37 AM

At this moment I'm just seeing the start of the bitcoin era so right now it's funny to talk about when it will end. This is the outcome of a brilliant project with thorough research that took many years to be successful so it will not just disappear in a short time.
iyan33

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:13:38 AM

Short of catastrophic global events I'm pretty confident that Bitcoin is here to stay for a couple more decades. Question is whether it will stay relevant or return to a shadow existence in the weird corners of the internet.

It seems that no one has a definite prediction about the future of bitcoin. But I think as long as there is still a chance to benefit from bitcoin maybe we can still use it for various forms of business.
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:59:48 PM

Bitcoin can last long Definitely, Yes. Why? As of today there're a lot new participants entering this market. That means the money that revolves at the market would constantly increased in a span of time. Can it crash at a random time? The possibilities of crashing is unlikely unpredictable. Nobody knows when and why. But it could happen any moment, as we don't have control over it.
Things only disappear from the market when there is no more demand of them. But if we consider bitcoins, they yet have to bloom at peak and rule the whole world. I agree with you that no one can predict exact future but sometimes predictions do come true.
PacePay

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:35:51 PM

At this moment I'm just seeing the start of the bitcoin era so right now it's funny to talk about when it will end. This is the outcome of a brilliant project with thorough research that took many years to be successful so it will not just disappear in a short time.

Well said, bro! It’s insane to even think about the perishing away of bitcoins. Bitcoins have just shown few miracles yet and no other currency is capable to beat it from becoming the next ruling currency of the world. Day by day, the number of investors is increasing.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:02:06 PM

Crashes do not happen just because, the 2013 crash of bitcoin came mostly because of Mt Gox that at the moment managed 70% of the trading volume in bitcoin, at this time there is not an exchange that big and with the new decentralized exchanges the possibility of that happening again is low.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:31:53 PM

Crashes do not happen just because, the 2013 crash of bitcoin came mostly because of Mt Gox that at the moment managed 70% of the trading volume in bitcoin, at this time there is not an exchange that big and with the new decentralized exchanges the possibility of that happening again is low.
Such a big disaster won't happen anymore. Users have a better understanding about the security issues and keep hold of the assets in a better way. There is no need to think about the long lasting or survival, because already it has created its own market and functioning with legitimacy. This make it survive long and make changes based on the necessity.

PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:43:47 PM

Such a big disaster won't happen anymore. Users have a better understanding about the security issues and keep hold of the assets in a better way. There is no need to think about the long lasting or survival, because already it has created its own market and functioning with legitimacy. This make it survive long and make changes based on the necessity.
The fact that the new date will have a very huge problem and therefore must bid farewell to your Bitcoin, but not so it turned out as expected. Nevertheless, there are nicks split in Bitcoin and it is alarming. It will be necessary to do nothing and overcome this problem, because all the transactions that can be carried out today are in danger.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:25:16 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 07:09:46 AM by hurain

Short of catastrophic global events I'm pretty confident that Bitcoin is here to stay for a couple more decades. Question is whether it will stay relevant or return to a shadow existence in the weird corners of the internet.

It seems that no one has a definite prediction about the future of bitcoin. But I think as long as there is still a chance to benefit from bitcoin maybe we can still use it for various forms of business.
although it is difficult to predict about bitcoin that for how much time will it continue but we can estimate from evidence and according to me bitcoin will remain as for a long time. to me i think the interest of the people is no increasing which is making bitcoin as more stronger and therefore we can expect that bitcoin will remain forever and will never die but it will become more powerful as time pass.
Wesimon

Activity: 406

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:36:31 AM

Nobody can say when will a thing would end or last. Same with bitcoin. It is very unpredictable and very hard to conclude. After the fork bitcoin is really doing well. And many speculates that bitcoin would rise higher. Maybe time will come that the price would decline but its part of the line. So let's enjoy everything that bitcoin is giving right now.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
Joshua101101

Activity: 378

https://saturn.black

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:56:33 AM

I think that bitcoin will exist forever, but no one can guarantee that it will not be the first crypto currency in the list. Perhaps there will be another currency that will move it to second place.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
xhienigat

Activity: 420

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:15:06 AM

I hope bitcoin will last a lifetime. But we really can't tell the future so we must make the most out of it. So buy bitcoin while the value is still low and if you could sell some of it or better yet HODL it for a couple of years and encash it after at your bank for safety and security purposes.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
TheBTCAlex

Activity: 126

Back from Vacation!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:22:48 AM

I think BTC will last a long time, I believe currently there is no real competitor of BTC out there..so atleast for the next 5-6 years I believe BTC will hold the top spot in Cyptocurrency but after that maybe a new competitor of BTC may emerge. I, however, do not think this is that likely.  It’s desired now, and thus bitcoin has managed to retain and also increase its value, and will do so for as long as it’s here.

jualidbitmixer

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:26:22 AM

I think BTC will last a long time, I believe currently there is no real competitor of BTC out there..so atleast for the next 5-6 years I believe BTC will hold the top spot in Cyptocurrency but after that maybe a new competitor of BTC may emerge. I, however, do not think this is that likely.  It’s desired now, and thus bitcoin has managed to retain and also increase its value, and will do so for as long as it’s here.

Actually there are many competitors of bitcoin out there but i'm sure bitcoin will still the best and the one. Even that bitcoin cash thing coming, but the bitcoin still remain the first. The only way to makes bitcoin dead is the people itself. If the people are not believe and not using bitcoin anymore, it will dead.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 11:44:50 AM

I think that bitcoin will exist forever, but no one can guarantee that it will not be the first crypto currency in the list. Perhaps there will be another currency that will move it to second place.
We do not know but as far as i know and believe bitcoins will be the very first ,well almost all of the altcoins are based in bitcoins just see what happens in this August bitcoins dumps too low also followed by other altcoins.
Bitcoin will exist until it is use by people not only for own but its circulates in the market and we cant say that it will last forever.
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:37:35 PM

I positively hope bitcoin would last forever but its demand and popularity among the people is only deciding factor for its life and how long would it last. Wink

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
loopes

Activity: 952
Merit: 323

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:47:53 PM

It all depends on us as a user
if the user increase, then the demand will increase and bitcoin price will get pump
if the user will always increase or maybe they will always trust and use bitcoin, then bitcoin can last forever

as long as people still addict with bitcoin due to demands of bitcoin keep increased, i am sure that bitcoin will last fpr long time.
because bitcoin didn't only give advantage for user by its features but peoples who needs bitcoin to earn profit.

|||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 12:58:24 PM

I believe that bitcoin would last for long because there are more people getting involved with it day by day. More companies are using it whether as investment or payment option, investors are slowly rising and more users use it for their daily needs. As the demand increases, the price would eventually increase as well but we cannot remove the possibility that there might be fortuitous events that may (I hope not) decrease the price just like what happen before. But if ever it will happen then bitcoin would still slowly rise and make new highs.  Wink

Babylon

Activity: 938

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:21:32 PM

Well, it's really hard to speculate when, how and what will make BTC disappear. But the main point is that, as long as people are buying and using BTC as their main crypto currency, there's no reason for it to disappear. Just look on the demand, for how many years BTC has been the top among all the crypto currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: