Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:36:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How long could bitcoin last?  (Read 23181 times)
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 12:55:37 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

The near future can be foreseen at least. I am quite sure that in two to three years this bitcoin is far stronger than it is now. The price, well, according to some speculation, would be reaching $20,000 to $30,000. But when we talk of at least a decade from now, I can't tell. Nobody can, actually. And yes it can crash anytime. This market although strong is still founded on glass.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:04:15 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

The near future can be foreseen at least. I am quite sure that in two to three years this bitcoin is far stronger than it is now. The price, well, according to some speculation, would be reaching $20,000 to $30,000. But when we talk of at least a decade from now, I can't tell. Nobody can, actually. And yes it can crash anytime. This market although strong is still founded on glass.

Satoshi also expects the bitcoin price changes to 10000$ in the year 2030. Your expectations are also healthy for bitcoins bro but we need to work for it like be stick with the blockchain related projects. Should avoid the etherum based smart contract businesses. We need to hold the bitcoins as much we can do create a demand on bitcoin. If these happens to bitcoins sure value will touch as you expects.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:24:30 PM

I think it will last long more than 20 years. Even if bitcoin value will go down, it will still increases just be patient and wait, and when the bitcoin price gets down that's the time that we can buy bitcoin if we want to invest more bitcoin.
Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:41:09 PM

I think bitcoin will last long because many people are liking bitcoin now even price now is cheaper.Because they believe time will come that bitcoin will be the financial key of the earth to abundant life.That all users of bircoin will prosper.Bitcoin will last because it has the power to move transactions quick.To force people to get busy for a profit,with hard working to achieve their goals and dreams in life.Because bitcoining is move to find wealth.
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:51:53 PM

yes i believe that bitcoin will last very long. as long that there are still people who are using bitcoin for an extra income, bitcoin is still here or still will exist. i would never accept if bitcoin was gone, i would be madly depressed if that really happens because bitcoin has been part of my life since i first use bitcoin and earn money with bitcoin. and i am still hoping that bitcoin will be a legal currency one day.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:54:49 PM

I think Bitcoin will fully grow in 10-15 years and then everyone will believe in it. It will easily last for more than 5 decades for sure.

Everything take some time even you have to put some hard time but there you don't need to put some hard time there, bitcoin give you a way where you get your dream comes true but make sure you are doing right thing.
Exactly! All big miracles need time to amaze people. For majority investors, bitcoins are not less than miracles. But as said earlier, it needs time to show its full potential. It won’t be wrong to assume that bitcoins are going to touch sky in coming years. 20 years are nothing for bitcoins. I personally feel that they will last till the last man aware of bitcoins is alive. The craving for bitcoins is going to increase in next few years.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:39:22 AM

I think the question of, "how long can bitcoin last?" is too broad of a question. Bitcoin itself is stable because of it being backed by a fairly strong community, and is constantly adopting new users. Altcoins are the result of inspiration conceived through Bitcoins model and system. It is highly possible that an altcoin may very well surpass Bitcoin in everyway, shape, and form in the future.
    The reason why bitcoin is open sourced isn't strictly because of the fact it is decentralized.  It is open source because it's an idea meant to help create benefit to all. Bitcoin is just a tiny seedling, that when fully ripe, will yeild a harvest like never seen before. It's a world changing platform the leaves room for people to build off. An archetype , and example that paves the way.
 Bitcoin may disappear,  but the dynamic of the coin will continue to expand and evolve for years to come.

Taskford

Activity: 2534
Merit: 787

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:31:28 AM

You can't tell and me either, we can't tell on how long could bitcoin last
It is all depending on the people who are using it and also supporting
Bitcoin can last for at least hundred years if the presence of people are still there.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Seeker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:28:58 AM

Bitcoin can last for at least hundred years if the presence of people are still there.

I agree now one knows how long bitcoin can take, but for me as long as people are using its system it will last longer specially these days that a lot of countries are now using its system and i believe that bitcoin will be powerful in the future.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:35:00 AM

No one knows on how long could bitcoin last but if you are a bitcoin believer you'll say that bitcoin will be last for longer time.

As long as we are here to support bitcoin and make the supply and demand of it for sure it will last.

When the government is already accepting bitcoin, it can even go for a life time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:18:28 PM

I think bitcoin last another more 50 years at least, it is an automated virtual currency so nobody can't terminate this process, many hackers are trying to hack bitcoin site but all effort has gone end in smoke. so I have a belief that Bitcoin will last many years because of having popularity around the world.
day by day it is getting more popular among the developed countries.
Oh! It seems you are very much excited about bitcoin but let me drag your attention to something which could compel you to think about the life of bitcoin from another aspect and things may not look alike again to you.

In the last 10 to 12 years a visible technological revolution came in the world, with every passing day we could see technological improvement and keeping in sight if technology grows with the same speed there could be something which may overcome bitcoin and its features. This may happen soon.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1260
Merit: 356

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:35:50 PM

There is no exact time of the lasting of bitcoin but we know it will last. According to my knowledge, bitcoin will last if they reach its limit, 21 million total supply.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:40:24 PM

All those things are possible sir. It can rise or go down. It is given that its price is not stable so we cant predict when it can rise or go down as well as how long it will happen. In this coming August everything is waiting about it but dont panic my fellow members, everything will be in normal again.

cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:48:06 PM

With the current event in bitcoin I think Bitcoin is read to last for a very long time.  They have a great support because of the reason such as being the first mover to decentralized blockchain and being the most popular cryptocurrency.  It will take a lot of time for other cryptocurrency to overtake Bitcoin and with that, Bitcoin will continue to be the leading cryptocurrency.
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:55:47 PM

it seems you are not a man diligent people that regularly read news, Bitcoin is entering congregation hardfork, this is the decisive phase of the development of Bitcoin in the future, its value also depends this event.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:06:58 PM

With the current event in bitcoin I think Bitcoin is read to last for a very long time.  They have a great support because of the reason such as being the first mover to decentralized blockchain and being the most popular cryptocurrency.  It will take a lot of time for other cryptocurrency to overtake Bitcoin and with that, Bitcoin will continue to be the leading cryptocurrency.

It will be like this. Bitcoin made revolution and like in every aspect of life revolution will last. He will be here for very long time, even after our lifetime. Bitcoin is ment to replace someday fiat and if techno revolution continues as we progress bitcoin will replace fiat, or it will be some other crypto developed by "government".

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bitcointarget

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:24:51 PM

It will be like this. Bitcoin made revolution and like in every aspect of life revolution will last. He will be here for very long time, even after our lifetime. Bitcoin is ment to replace someday fiat and if techno revolution continues as we progress bitcoin will replace fiat, or it will be some other crypto developed by "government".

I don't agree with revolution fact for bitcoin. Revolutions end somewhere but bitcoin will last forever which means it's not a temporary innovation. It's permanent.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:02:33 PM

All things can happen and crashing will surely exist because we all know bitcoin prices are very unstable and there is always a big dumps when big pumps happen.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
jameshowlett

Activity: 338

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:18:30 PM

I don't agree with revolution fact for bitcoin. Revolutions end somewhere but bitcoin will last forever which means it's not a temporary innovation. It's permanent.
Bitcoin lasts forever but nothing can ensure that its price will remain above $2000. And if bitcoin does not have a good price, you can say that bitcoin is death Wink Hope that it will always have a good value on the world market

LegendaryMiner

Activity: 407

DAG, Built-in Chat and Conditional Payments

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:32:23 PM

Bitcoin lasts forever but nothing can ensure that its price will remain above $2000. And if bitcoin does not have a good price, you can say that bitcoin is death Wink Hope that it will always have a good value on the world market
If it lasts forever, you can be sure that being above $ 2000 will be the least of the problems.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: