Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:02:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How long could bitcoin last?  (Read 23181 times)
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:45:48 PM

Short of catastrophic global events I'm pretty confident that Bitcoin is here to stay for a couple more decades. Question is whether it will stay relevant or return to a shadow existence in the weird corners of the internet.

I think bitcoin is here for the long haul. However it is currently strong now due to a lot of people getting on its track but as always bitcoin have its disadvantages and slowly being overtaken by other cryptocirrency such as ethernum which if taken on a specification level then ethernum is better than bitcoin but whatever the case maybe bitcoin is here to stay.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ether19

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

BTC. ETC. EOS

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 12:48:35 PM

Short of catastrophic global events I'm pretty confident that Bitcoin is here to stay for a couple more decades. Question is whether it will stay relevant or return to a shadow existence in the weird corners of the internet.

I think bitcoin is here for the long haul. However it is currently strong now due to a lot of people getting on its track but as always bitcoin have its disadvantages and slowly being overtaken by other cryptocirrency such as ethernum which if taken on a specification level then ethernum is better than bitcoin but whatever the case maybe bitcoin is here to stay.

As long as we have computers and internet connections, we will have bitcoin. I am sure about that. The price of bitcoin will depend on many factors. High or low bitcoin will be here always.
Nibeloss

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:51:07 PM

No one can predict the exact price, because this currency is based only on user activity. But I think that in the next 20 years bitcoin will grow and bring good profits.

Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:15:16 PM

No one can predict the exact price, because this currency is based only on user activity. But I think that in the next 20 years bitcoin will grow and bring good profits.

It will be bringing a good profit if you will be waiting for the bitcoin price to pump or to increase in the future. If you will not be putting your money into bitcoin and just earn them the time it pumps, then you will not be earning some profits. But as you have said, there are no one that can predict the price of bitcoin in the future, but they can be certain that it has it's place in the near future, with one of the best investment digital currency.
BCTalkaccountforsale

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 02:01:43 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
Of course, bitcoin is now the trend of the world, I think it will continue to grow in the future and many will know bitcoin, bitcoin will continue to last and I think it will be very hard to do bitcoin stop .
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 02:13:09 PM

I'm glad the optimism of bitcoin users, but the growth rates of the coins depend not only on user activity, and and from by coins. That's why I have great hopes for the planned changes. On how they will be held will depend not only the fate of bitcoin and all other crypto currencies.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:10:25 PM

To be honest nobody knows about the future, we can predict about the price of bitcoin but when it will crash is somehow difficult to predict. According to me there will not be any sudden downfall or crash of bitcoins price as you are stating, if this happens then surely we would have any other way out.
Seeker01

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:41:53 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

Well this one sounds good for me, if bitcoin last for more than 10years i should celebrate because that time i am sure i will be a millionaire. Every market is really volatile, stock market indeed but for me no matter how deep the price of bitcoin will be, i am pretty sure i will bounce back even higher.
Anfisman

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:48:50 PM

I think it might happen, but I think the most sensible thing is that bitcoin prices will continue to fluctuate once the bitcoin price will arrive at a stable price in a certain range. And I believe if it happens bitcoin has gained leniency in society
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:54:28 PM

You are looking at the wrong category if you want signals for longevity. Price will always goes up and down. Crash and surge. The factors you should look at are usability, scalability, use cases and dev team. Price is just a result of all of these working well.
Bowly88

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:23:09 AM

We can't totally predict what will happen and when it will go down. But as of now, bitcoin is still on a good shape and although the price goes down sometimes, it also comes back on the original value or even higher. It can crash anytime if something is malfunctioning, but we don't want that to happen. Lets just all pray that it will continue a long time not just 20 years.
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:20:49 AM

There are many possibilities however, some possibilities can't happen if someone are controlling ot or regulating it which in this reason blockchain has the control. If ever miners stop functioning, bitcoin would certainly stop however it's impossible since every individual can mine bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:26:50 AM

What are you asking? Are you asking if the price of BTC will forever rise?

Nobody knows. Nobody has a crystal ball. It will go up, it will go down. How long each leg will be up or down, nobody knows.

I think a lot like to think that BTC will rise, especially on this forum, let's wait and see.
You question implies how about something transgenerational because only then would it grow in this way described maybe, In this case it would be unwise to say yes or no, but it is very likely that at least a decade more will remain operating and serving many users, The world is transformed, some ideas change from time to time, for example I am surprised by the car assemblers and the machinery they use, I do not want to imagine the next twenty years in the future.
Haesoo

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:35:50 AM

As long as we have computers and internet connections, we will have bitcoin. I am sure about that. The price of bitcoin will depend on many factors. High or low bitcoin will be here always.

Yes and as long as users are still here there will be the supply and demand that makes bitcoins last. And bitcoin has a far way to go, we're still in the early adaptation so better to expect more about bitcoin.
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:14:54 AM

Is bitcoin going to last long? Will it continue to rise?
It is difficult to predict accurately. The bitcoin that exists is highly dependent on us. Demand for supply and demand determines its viability. If at any time people stop buying and selling bitcoin series, surely the price of bitcoin will drop dramatically. This is the time when bitcoin will die
in my opinion it will not be possible and it is very difficult in the detection or prediction on demand offer the user this is now very much a bitcoin in recent years and demand that bitcoin will continue to evolve, but your words are true if the request is bitcoin slightly declining prices and then we can see from here the bitcoin will start DIMS and disappears. but for how long we can not predictions.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:58:25 AM

Stop trying to bury bitcoin. Too early you do it. Bitcoin is now going through a modernization. You have to believe that after this bitcoin will become more convenient means not only of accumulation but also for trade. Once that happens bitcoin will rise quickly in price, and all who sold their coins will be very sorry.
bitcointarget

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:23:11 PM

Stop trying to bury bitcoin. Too early you do it. Bitcoin is now going through a modernization. You have to believe that after this bitcoin will become more convenient means not only of accumulation but also for trade. Once that happens bitcoin will rise quickly in price, and all who sold their coins will be very sorry.

They can keep blaming bitcoin, no problem with this. Bitcoin always gave a valid answer to these movements. And it will keep giving as well.
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:29:59 PM

Yes, it is still possible for bitcoin to exist even after 20 long years. But for bitcoin’s price to keep going up in the next 20 years at a fixed rate is very impossible. We all know how volatile crypto currencies are, their price is not fixed as well as the increase rate in the market. It will always fluctuate and just like what is currently happening, bitcoin’s price might suddenly go down.

It is also possible for bitcoin’s price to crash anytime especially if many users will sell. It is not just the bitcoin who has been going down, other crypto and tokens are also going down and I think that it is because of the news.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
SilverPunk

The Blockchain Evolution of Prediction Markets

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:37:24 PM

To many contradictions i don't know what i willanswer because you already answered your question the ask again.
In bitcoin we don't know even the analyst cant be sure about its existence and how long it will be .the price fluctuation is normal andwe need to wait until bitcoins are out of supply or stop mining then, we can start speculating again.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
                                ▒▒▒▒▒▒    
                              ▒   ▒▒▒▒    
                           ▒  ▒▒▒   ▒     
                          ▒▒▒  ▒▒         
             ▒▒         ▒   ▒▒            
            ▒▒▒▒      ▒▒▒▒▒               
          ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ▒▒▒▒▒▒                
        ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒                  
      ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒       ▒▒       ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
  ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒                  ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
  ▒▒▒▒▒                    ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
    ▒         ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   
              ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   

STOX..

██
    ████
   ██████
  ████████
 ██████████
    ████
 ██  ██  ██
  ██    ██
   ██  ██
    ████
     ██   
ETH based Prediction Market
             Unparalleled Peer-to-Peer Trading Experience

██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
   Token Sale  
  Soon to be announce

██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██
██░◉░██
██░░◉██
██░◉░██
██◉░░██

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████             ████████       ███████    ███████████    █████
█████████████████   ██████  ███████████   █████   █████████   █████   █████████
███████████████  █████████  █████████  ███████████  ██████████  █  ████████████
██████████████  ██████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
█████████████  ███████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
█████████████  ███████████  ████████  █████████████  ██████████   █████████████
████████████  ████████████  █████████  ███████████  ██████████  █  ████████████
██████████   █████████████  ███████████████████  █████████   ███   ██████████
██████     ███████████████  ████████████         ███████    █████████    ██████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

WHITEPAPER
ANN
BOUNTY
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:05:04 PM

To many contradictions i don't know what i willanswer because you already answered your question the ask again.
In bitcoin we don't know even the analyst cant be sure about its existence and how long it will be .the price fluctuation is normal andwe need to wait until bitcoins are out of supply or stop mining then, we can start speculating again.
I don't think the miners can stop from mining if this is the one that helping the bitcoin in the first place. Maybe if they dump too much bitcoin i think this is the end if no one could ever mine them again, but i don't know if it will gonna happen since no one knows how to stop bitcoins either. I am expecting that bitcoin will be the next currency in the future.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: