Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:18:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How long could bitcoin last?  (Read 23181 times)
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:34:42 AM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
I don't think it would just be 20 years. I think it would last for more years due to the innovation of both currency and technology. The price of bitcoin is getting pumped up as years go by and it brings the creator some new ideas on how to improve bitcoin so that they may avoid meeting trouble like crashing. I don't see that the price would go down so hard, it may for a little due to some problems but going so low, I don't think so.
What the hell are you saying I mean you should need to see what you have mentioned if bitcoin die after 10 - 20 years then most of people will be also die because of this. How can you say that it is decentralized which will be never destroy and neither will be end. So I would like to tell you after 10 - 20 years the bitcoin price will be high from now market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:45:54 AM

From my perspective, I believe that Bitcoin will last another 100 years easily. Day by day Bitcoin is becoming a lucrative and profitable currency which is creating high rate price so that it is easily said that Bitcoin will last long...
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:03:56 AM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
Its existence can go way longer than that you know, considering that right now it is getting more and more attention and many more are accepting bitcoin. But what we really should need in those span of years are a huge amount of new and upcoming bitcoin merchants so that the price of bitcoin will still keep growing and not dwindle down at the very least. Maybe by this, bitcoin's volatility will be somehow solve so we can see a huge decrease of bitcoin's price fluctuations rate.
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:10:19 AM

Its not about how long it will last, as there is no reason for it not last forever. The question is how long bitcoin will stay relevant. It will be relevant as long as the economy and mostly its monetary side will be a completly untransparent.

And I would say that as long as there will be a banking industry all of the financial transaction of the elites will remain untransparent and unacountable to the public.
flyingcat

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:15:23 AM

From my perspective, I believe that Bitcoin will last another 100 years easily. Day by day Bitcoin is becoming a lucrative and profitable currency which is creating high rate price so that it is easily said that Bitcoin will last long...
No, this is a long time and in my opinion, total supply coin of Bitcoin can provide for all user in that time, because maybe will have 100-500 millions people use Bitcoin and total supply coin just have 20 millions Bitcoin. So, in that time I think new cryptocurrency will replace Bitcoin.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:42:17 AM

Obviously the bitcoin will not die i think, even though the price goes down but it can not make the bitcoin die. Because bitcoin prices i'm sure will not reach very low, bitcoin always rises in price over time despite the decline. And i'm sure bitcoin will continues holding untold future how long it and profitable for peoples no matter what.
Actually the news talking about Bitcoin can died or banned ... are fake news by whales and big boy creating panic on market, helps them can buying Bitcoin with cheap price. So, when you see some bad news about Bitcoin, don't worry even buy in this time is good choice if have dip price.

I fully agree. If people panic, wait a bit for the price to stop falling. Then buy before it rises back to a new all time high.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:44:40 AM

At first i thought that there was about 21M bitcoins in the system and the time that the last one will be eventually mined will be in more than a hundred years to come, but according to somethings i have read on this forum, t seems the number of bitcoins  can jump exponentially as times goes on, so miners will be mining bitcoins for eternity unless something more profitable overtakes bitcoin.

Bittoshi

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:48:54 AM

No, this is a long time and in my opinion, total supply coin of Bitcoin can provide for all user in that time, because maybe will have 100-500 millions people use Bitcoin and total supply coin just have 20 millions Bitcoin. So, in that time I think new cryptocurrency will replace Bitcoin.

1 Bitcoin consists of 100.000.000 Satoshis. So if Bitcoins become rare, the price of Satoshis will increase. There are 21.000.000 Bitcoins. Let's assume more than 50% of them get lost over time (lost on hard disc, forgotten private keys, stolen on hacked trading platforms and so on). Then we will still have ~10.000.000 Bitcoins. That's 1.000.000.000.000.000 Satoshis. Should be enough coins for a few more decades.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:53:18 AM

Well, I am not a sorcerer to know how long it could last. However, I can give you my predictions. I believe that bitcoin could last for a long time because at the moment, it is still not known worldwide, and now, it is spreading in a fast way and people are hearing about it. Let's just see what happens and for how long it could last when bitcoin is known worldwide and when all companies start using bitcoin.
Bittoshi

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:56:30 AM

At first i thought that there was about 21M bitcoins in the system and the time that the last one will be eventually mined will be in more than a hundred years to come, but according to somethings i have read on this forum, t seems the number of bitcoins  can jump exponentially as times goes on, so miners will be mining bitcoins for eternity unless something more profitable overtakes bitcoin.

Bitcoins are limited to 21.000.000 in total. There cannot be more than that. At least that is what I've heard.

It's just the beginning!
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 12:15:10 PM

We will never know how long and why bitcoin will survive. 10 years. 20 years or more, or even decreased. But for my personal, I will always think positive, if bitcoin will increase.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:29:39 PM

For how long can you invest into bitcoin? You will get tired of investing into bitcoin and I will keep rising after that also. Bitcoin is now non ending process. The technology will keep advancing itself and mining efficiency will increase. Do not forget that not all of the available bitcoins are in circulation currently. Once we pass the time they might be released according to needs and this will increase the price of bitcoin ultimately. There will be more investors, more people getting aware of bitcoin and so on. The process will never end and with up and downs it will rise in price.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Vika0170

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:59:45 PM

For how long can you invest into bitcoin? You will get tired of investing into bitcoin and I will keep rising after that also. Bitcoin is now non ending process. The technology will keep advancing itself and mining efficiency will increase. Do not forget that not all of the available bitcoins are in circulation currently. Once we pass the time they might be released according to needs and this will increase the price of bitcoin ultimately. There will be more investors, more people getting aware of bitcoin and so on. The process will never end and with up and downs it will rise in price.

Any phenomenon can not be eternal and bitcoin also will someday die.
But I do not think that this can happen in the next 50-100 years. Now bitcoin actively develops and is accepted by many countries of the world. It's too early to talk about his death.
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:51:15 PM

It won't die, at worst the price will drop and it will become mostly irrelevant in day to day transactions. There will always be a die hard cult of fans that will hold on to their coins no matter what.

Probably right, but if we think and ask on how long will bitcion be running, i think as long as there is market, and that market was us people, and that people will keep on cycling the BTC. Even though bitcoin has the capability or the potential to last long but the market has lost their interest well i guess it wont last long, but as you can see who would have lost interest in bitcoin? And even just thinking on the benefits.

People buy and sell bitcoin because of its use. Bitcoin is used to send payments on the Internet without having to pay a large amount of money for transaction fee. Although bitcoin's tx fee is starting to increase as the number of user increase, it's still nothing when compared to sending thousands of money in other ways. People don't get sentimental with bitcoins. We don't have any emotional feeling towards bitcoins. So by the time when there's a new technology which is a lot better than bitcoins, then people might start losing interest on bitcoins. The gap between the new tech and bitcoin should be so much.

These days altcoins claim that they beat bitcoin at certain aspects but those are just slight improvements, those aren't enough to throw bitcoin from its throne.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:10:17 PM

Yes, we can easily predict bitcoin to survive for centuries as there will be people who are valuing their privacy and freedom. Other than this, we can expect people to understand the significance of using decentralized system compared to their banking or other government related services. When there will be some people to support bitcoins for their own reasons then we can expect bitcoin to stay with human beings.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:27:01 PM

I have the same opinion regarding the future of bitcoins. Their daily increasing popularity is going to make them last till the last man has access to internet. In near future, bitcoins will be made legal all over the globe and more supporters are going to ultimately raise their values tremendously. Rather I see them ruling the world in the future.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:47:30 PM

I guess just like the characteristics of bitcoin which is unpredictable and volatile...it will last as long as there is a demand as of now many and many users are getting attach into bitcoin it's value continue to grow which means it has reach it's stability in the market bitcoin like a normal currency will continue to sustain the market and as long as it has a value it will remain as currency...
Really nice to hear that i mean i appreciated to hear to that bitcoin users are going to expand. I would tell you that bitcoin users are expending just because the price is reaching to sky that's why people want to be rich so they are becoming in the link with bitcoin.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:44:07 AM

We could not exactly predict that how long it could exist.But bitcoin has already successfully overcome many critical situations and have survived successfully.Despite continuous efforts by the bankers and governments to destroy bitcoin,still it exists.But it could face a serious hreat in future when quantum computing would be introduced in future.It might take another twenty years for it to be introduced.At that time,the security of bitcoin might be compromised.

SativaDiva

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

23. English BA. OnlyFans.com/MistressLovely

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 12:45:48 AM

I feel as though bitcoin can last forever but this is dependant upon its popularity and use. We simply need to keep the demand going and and blockchains expanding.
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:13:24 AM

It all depends on us as a user
if the user increase, then the demand will increase and bitcoin price will get pump
if the user will always increase or maybe they will always trust and use bitcoin, then bitcoin can last forever
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: