Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:13:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How long could bitcoin last?  (Read 23181 times)
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:48:27 AM

I think bitcoin is endless becuase of this value continiously to rise and rise in the future so i think bitcoin dont die because i think bitcoin is the new era of our currency. And i think all people became rich in the future becuase of bitcoin. Smiley

I think you are right, but I think it will still experience some ups and downs that may become one of the reason that may make it more popular or less popular. I just hope if many people will be using it, we are using it efficiently and comfortably with less problems.
π

I guess no one can stop bitcoin because i watch the interview of Bill Gates about bitcoin popularity and he concluded that it will last long like forever so i say he also joined the investment of bitcoin. The more investments the stronger it will be.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:58:52 AM

At this point of time I guess it would last forever as per it's growing demand  and popularity among people. It's life seems unpredictable at this moment... It is emerging as most stronger crypto in market and more investments will make it long lasting.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:18:53 AM

Bitcoin is timeless until we all decide to abandon it for something else; something which I strongly doubt because it's become part of us and our livelihood.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:18:59 AM

Bitcoin can last even for 20 years provided that the demand will continue to grow. As of now the value is really impressing that it attracts many investors but the problem is that it’s not stable and can suddenly crash that is why people tend to be afraid in investing their money but if bitcoin can prove that it can really become a good investment bitcoin will probably become a hit in the coming years.

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:10:23 PM

Volatility of Bitcoin price is inevitable  because it is a currency, and every currency behaves the same way. In as much as the market value of Bitcoin could keep on increasing, there most be a correction moment for investors to buy more and hold pending when the market value increase again.
Not only that, the volatility on bitcoin is decreasing as bitcoin reaches a more mature stage, it will come to the point where bitcoin will have a stable price close to what we see in other currencies, but that is only going to happen when almost all the people that can adopt bitcoin do so.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:25:54 PM

We could see from the past history of bitcoin that it has potential to survive even the most critical situation.Despite various actions carried out by governments and banks,bitcoin has survived.We have not seen a potential altcoin to replace bitcoin over these years.So,no one could deny that bitcoin would last for more years.The reputation of bitcoin would get spoiled by frequent hard forks,but still it would survive.The only problem it could face is the quantum computing.It is said that quantum computers could read the private key from the public key.That my be a great disaster for bitcoin.But now itself,cryptographers are working to prevent such threats in future.
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:27:36 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

The problem with cryptocurrency is that you can’t actually answer this question at any point in time. Bitcoin can last for the end of time. It can also die tomorrow. However, the chance of it crashing tomorrow is significantly low. So far the going has been good. Bitcoin priced has hyped from its original 10$USD. Extrapolation from all graphs that any exchange possess shows that the Bitcoin price trend is positive. It continues to rise continually. As I have stated in previous posts I am expecting Bitcoin price to correct (which it did a week ago) and the stay at a stable range until the next fork when Segwit2x is launched. So you are safe for a while. At least, that is what I think. But stay vigilant and keep an eye on the price. As I said before, Bitcoin can continue to succeed forever, or it could die tomorrow.
Celsiuss

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:27:41 PM

I expect it to last forever. Some are unsure about scaling, but as technology develops, bitcoin will live. There may be drops and dumps, but bitcoin will stay. It won't leave us whether we like or not (sorry)

who cares
JCO05

Activity: 429

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:45:00 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
No one knows. But I think, as long as it benefits its users, it will still exist. There's a possibility that Bitcoin will last for the nezt 20 years because at this moment, more people are interested into it especially companies and investors because they are now awared of it and how profitable it is. There'll be little crashing to happen everytime, but it's normal.

uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:30:40 AM

Yes, bitcoin will last. Rapid decrease on the price of bitcoin will never happen. Bitcoin today is becoming more and more popular. Those things cannot be undone. Companies and local services accepting bitcoin is increasing. It means that the demands are increasing. If the demand increases, the value of bitcoin increases too. So I think bitcoin will continue increasing.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:12:20 AM

We cannot predict how could bitcoin last. As we see nowadays bitcoin keep crashing and sometimes it rising. I hope their are more using bitcoin for exchanging in market so bitcoin will survive and it became stable forever. And stop crashing. And also it will keep rising until this year end and reach 5000$ ? Ihope so. Cheesy
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:49:39 AM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

Bitcoin will last as long it is adopting to any threat and any kind of possible down fall because it always adopting to be great that is why it is surviving till this day, bitcoin price is expected keep in the next 20 yrs or even until the last bitcoin has been mine and maybe until all coins are been mined in year 2100+ because it is the future of digital money.

If it can crash who can tell, it is not possible but it is normal in the market that in every currency there is a crash at any random time but just like others it will bounce back stronger more than ever. Just keep the trust on it and you will be fine and stress free.
sandrun

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:56:10 AM

I believe bitcoin will continue to rise 20 years in the future. lets just wait and be patient for the right time. you just have to close your ears if there is bitcoin news down .. maybe it could happen but it will not happen for so long. bitcoin will rise and will rise. if bitcoin rises .. then you should take advantage of bitcoin results .. sell some bitcoin you. and some you save until the price goes up. you can benefit greatly if you keep bitcoin for a long time. I believe bitcoin will give you wealth.

swissguy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:04:57 AM

Bitcoins have lot bright future due to its tendency of limited amount of bitcoin quantity in nature and i am assuming that the long term investment with bitcoins makes the huge amount of profit in future.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⬢ ⬢ AFFINITY MINING ECOSYSTEM ICO ⬢ ⬢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ACCESS TO RENEWABLE, PROFITABLE, INDUSTRIAL SCALE CRYPTOMINING
Facebook ⬢ ⬢ Twitter ▬ ❬❰ BUY TOKENS NOW ❱❭ ▬ Slack ⬢ ⬢ Telegram
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:55:03 AM

Indeed, that is true the price value of bitcoin is going up more. The longevity of bitcoin is in the hand of the bitcoin users. particularly, if the demand of the investors get high it will be favor to all users especially who hold their coins. Which means, as much as the investors of bitcoin is continuously using it will be forever exist.
bcnaranjo

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:08:39 AM

Maybe when the crypto-world stops reinventing the blockchain it will stop.
affirstan

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:23:21 AM

FOREVER! Along with real world fiat currency!
armored

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:26:06 AM

Bitcoin will continue to exist as long as there are computers connecting to each other over the internet. Simple as it sounds.
appleffi

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

One of a kind

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:28:59 AM

As long as it is allowed to circulate and bitcoin has value, it can last as long as the life of the first user of bitcoin or its founders and pass it to the next generations to come. 

Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:14:56 AM

No one knows. But I think, as long as it benefits its users, it will still exist. There's a possibility that Bitcoin will last for the nezt 20 years because at this moment, more people are interested into it especially companies and investors because they are now awared of it and how profitable it is. There'll be little crashing to happen everytime, but it's normal.

A very true statement. If indeed in the future technology or bitcoin is still sought after by most of the people like this now or even greater, it is definitely bitcoin will remain and not lost. Unless future bitcoin already undesirable or used, then it will slowly disappear. because it all has the economy. So we have to be patient and not do something without any calculation done. Because it would be a worse outcome.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: