Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:15:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I hold?  (Read 28359 times)
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:03:17 AM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

I think it's better to sell CutLose, news about segwit and there will be a chain split that divides bitcoin into two BTC and BTU I think it makes panic sell, I think the moon will be a full red moon.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:08:36 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2017, 09:15:21 AM by Rahar02

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

Current trends in cryptocurrencies market is prices fall down because people want to cash out and secure their funds due to uncertain news about bitcoin hard fork which lead to chain split and price crash. I don't take it seriously, just speculation to shake the market and influence people who afraid then sell their coins. We know bitcoin always recover and rise even through the hard time when some exchanges got hacked. There is nothing to worry because devs, miners and all of us always support bitcoin and if scalability issues be solved, bitcoin should rise over $3000. Just be prepared and wait until that time comes.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:24:38 AM

panic is the reason why people are losing money. I will advise you to hold and if you have more fund buying the more. The cryptocurrency market is currently at the infancy stage and age, in years to come we are going to see majority of them trading above 100$ and bitcoin above $10,000. You should not follow trading newbies to trade out of fear and panic but trade based on facts and analysis.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:52:45 AM

If i were you i'd hold. Especially if the current price is below the purchase price of the coins you have. One thing i've learned is that being patient and being able to ride the altcoin's volatility will bring good rewards in the future. It can't all be downwards you know, eventually these coins will recover and bounce back

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 633

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 02:09:18 PM

The reason why you are holding while the price is still down is that you didnt lose money at all compared on selling it on a cheaper price or cut loss is considered negative income in trading.If you do have weak hands you will eventually sell off because you are on a panic that it might turn to 0 value but this is not true.Price might decrease but there would be a time that they will recover soon.Just hold and wait for prices to comeback as long you didnt sell those coins it cant still be considered as loss.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:29:10 PM

The reason why you are holding while the price is still down is that you didnt lose money at all compared on selling it on a cheaper price or cut loss is considered negative income in trading.If you do have weak hands you will eventually sell off because you are on a panic that it might turn to 0 value but this is not true.Price might decrease but there would be a time that they will recover soon.Just hold and wait for prices to comeback as long you didnt sell those coins it cant still be considered as loss.
that is right to say that we are now not expecting such a big dump because still there is a very good support to bitcoin and bitcoin is tradyng too much stable therefore i think we need to hold or buy some more bitcoins.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:43:44 PM

panic is the reason why people are losing money. I will advise you to hold and if you have more fund buying the more. The cryptocurrency market is currently at the infancy stage and age, in years to come we are going to see majority of them trading above 100$ and bitcoin above $10,000. You should not follow trading newbies to trade out of fear and panic but trade based on facts and analysis.
yes in previous time we have a lot of experience that when panic starts it make the price dumps in seconds but hopefully we are not going to pass through this experience again because the investors are now mature and they do not trap in the net of panic selling.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 02:14:40 AM

Trading or investing in altcoin has no guarantee of the profitable outcome on your investment, this could be attributed to it volatile nature. A dump of a particular currency may take a longer time to bounce back to profit if you still want to hold. But all depends on the currency you invested your capital or you are trading. If your capital in the investment is not that big I will advise you to sell before you looses all. But had in been I know the exact coins that you are holding, that would have help me more in my advice for you.
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:45:47 PM

You probably need to hold it down,  don't let your emotions drive you. Even if the price goes down, hold it even more. Just wait for the time that the price will goes up. It will go up surely because just like any other currencies they go up or down. You just need to wait and you should invet in a greater coins. Coins that have a potential like bitcoins.
I prefer to hold your bitcoin than to sell it. In addition to that, holding bitcoin is like holding in investing because you need to wait more time to sell it. Holding is one the best way to earn and make a hood profit. Lastly, I think it’s better to hold you bitcoin or altcoin than to sell because I know that price of it will increase in the near future.
AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:22:07 PM

Nobody can tell you really, because no one know for sure what coins you are holding and how they will perform. There is a correction goig on as a lot of coins where pumped hard on the back of the bitcoin and eth price rise. Now the market is adjusting back to normal levels.

Some of the coins you hold will maintain their current levels, some may rise again and other will fall further. It is up to you to learn about the potential of each coin and make the right decisions for yourself. waiting too long for the price to go back up could be detrimental, especially for the new coins with little potential.

It is all about analyzing the price of the Altcoins that you are holding, especially if you don't have any friends where you could ask some advice about Trading, and it is all about luck and stuffs since we don't know what is the right price of the certain altcoin we should sell or buy. So, if our instinct is saying that we should sell, then we should sell, just trust your instinct as always.
Forester78

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:23:14 PM

You probably need to hold it down,  don't let your emotions drive you. Even if the price goes down, hold it even more. Just wait for the time that the price will goes up. It will go up surely because just like any other currencies they go up or down. You just need to wait and you should invet in a greater coins. Coins that have a potential like bitcoins.
I prefer to hold your bitcoin than to sell it. In addition to that, holding bitcoin is like holding in investing because you need to wait more time to sell it. Holding is one the best way to earn and make a hood profit. Lastly, I think it’s better to hold you bitcoin or altcoin than to sell because I know that price of it will increase in the near future.

All these questions about the sale arise because people are afraid of the events that should occur on August 1. But no one knows for sure what will happen. And how this event will affect the price of bitcoin. I decided to keep it and I believe that the price will rise

nasibakar

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:58:40 PM

The main reason:
it is not crash,
it is currently only a price drop. You can compare the price to last year or 2 years ago. Not like crash.
Up and down is normal.
Dextry32

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:35:12 PM

Sometimes you can hold sometimes its not depends how fast that coin trend go up and we must up to date at news ,but im rather pick to take profit like 2-5% then hold   Roll Eyes
charlescoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:40:53 PM

All these questions about the sale arise because people are afraid of the events that should occur on August 1. But no one knows for sure what will happen. And how this event will affect the price of bitcoin. I decided to keep it and I believe that the price will rise

More than likely there will be a clear winner once August 1 comes around, no one is interested in creating an altcoin. BTC should then rise in price quite a bit.
MiXxe

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:19:39 PM

One reason for you to hold the coins that were dump is your belief , Why? i would say that if you believe in your research on the coins projects and future goals to be achieve you will nothing have to worry even the price was dump it is normal. but if you don't want to wait too long invest in high volume daily traded coins.

knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:51:37 PM

More than likely there will be a clear winner once August 1 comes around, no one is interested in creating an altcoin. BTC should then rise in price quite a bit.

Yeah, no one really knows what will happen after the August 1. Many says that bitcoin will continue to go down but there are others saying that after that, everything will be back to normal and that there is possibility that bitcoin’s price will increase again. There are many possibilities and no one could really guess what will happen after that. In fact, because of this many users are quite thinking whether they will hold or sell their bitcoins. Every move is a big risk to take and huge amount of money is really on stake now.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:11:32 PM

up and down are normal , just hold your investment and don t panic

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
planfox

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:24:20 PM

One reason for you to hold the coins that were dump is your belief , Why? i would say that if you believe in your research on the coins projects and future goals to be achieve you will nothing have to worry even the price was dump it is normal. but if you don't want to wait too long invest in high volume daily traded coins.

Before doing this, you need to carefully calculate the profit and possible losses. It may be more profitable to stay with the coins that you bought and keep them for a few more months. Each coin can be very profitable for you in the future
bitcointarget

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:42:46 PM

The main reason:
it is not crash,
it is currently only a price drop. You can compare the price to last year or 2 years ago. Not like crash.
Up and down is normal.

That's what I can't really explain to my friends. They all consider the current situation as a hard crush. But this is just a down process. I don't see a crash.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:51:39 PM

Only reason to hold is to make profit which cannot be assured. If you sell, you end up with a loss. Just hold and hope that it rises back up again. If you invested on legit coins(not shitty scam coins / pump-dump coins) with a strong and active devs, the price is likely to go up back again.
Right now alt coins are in downtrend. Maybe invest now?

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: