Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:24:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I hold?  (Read 28359 times)
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:11:50 PM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

What coins do you hold?
What you need to know is why the coins you hold down. If the cause is due to the rise of the BTC I think a moment the price will rise again. But if the coin prices you hold down due to hackers or other internal issues,
I think the coins will be rubbish.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:20:23 PM

They say hodl is the way to go. I am sceptic about this. Sometimes it is just better for your nerves to decrease exposure. On the other hand, if I hodled all the coins I ever bought I would be stinking rich.

Long term speaking, hodling is indeed the way to go. If that hasn't been clear yet to the people by now, I seriously don't know when they will ever realize that. Short term speaking, cashing out profits isn't all that bad. In cases where the price has peaked at such a level, where you expect a correction to be due, it only makes sense to cash out some of your profits. It will allow you to buy back and increase the number of coins that you have -- who doesn't want that?
hovrah

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:32:38 PM

They say hodl is the way to go. I am sceptic about this. Sometimes it is just better for your nerves to decrease exposure. On the other hand, if I hodled all the coins I ever bought I would be stinking rich.

Long term speaking, hodling is indeed the way to go. If that hasn't been clear yet to the people by now, I seriously don't know when they will ever realize that. Short term speaking, cashing out profits isn't all that bad. In cases where the price has peaked at such a level, where you expect a correction to be due, it only makes sense to cash out some of your profits. It will allow you to buy back and increase the number of coins that you have -- who doesn't want that?
The fact is, how much you did not expect new prices for crypto currency, you still have to sell a certain amount of your coins before that time. And the whole thing is because life requires finance every day. Everyone understands that life is quite expensive today and it's very difficult to save your coins.
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:41:08 PM

I still can not even dream that the price will exceed 4000 dollars. Especially when you consider that now everyone is talking about a split.
Bitcoin can achieve such a high price only after 6-8 months

This will be a hard fork for all of us. Whether bitcoin will be properly split?
We all hope that bitcoin will reach 4000 $ in the near future.

If you speculate for the next 6-8 months. That's too long
I think bitcoin can reach that price of 4000 dollars before the end of the year, bitcoin is looking strong, but the only issue is the next hard fork that could create an additional bitcoin clone, in my opinion that would be really bad news since most miners want to do that so it is not going to be a weak fork like the one we currently have.

Your estimate is proven to be true,
it does not take long to reach 4000 $
Now we can only hope that it will not happen again hard fork that can create a bitcoin replica
Because it may indeed be very bad if this happens again

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
MyIdeas

Activity: 734

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:51:55 PM

Actually something i would like to say that you said that coins are increasing. No the price of coins are increasing so i would like to say that you should need to study about bitcoin as well that you would need to reply bitcoin as better as you can because it is not good to say that coins are increasing if you are going for withdrawal then your coins goes decrease after withdrawal.
hereticangel

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 08:57:29 PM

The rules are very simple: buy low, sell high. But sometimes patience is needed really in crypto. Cause more time you will hold, more you will earn.
Palmier

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:04:12 PM

Reasons for holding if the price is under the one you bought at is simply to not sell at a loss. I think that if you did not catched this, you better start learn back how trading works.
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:15:36 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 04:08:18 AM by BunnyShibe

Hold, hold and hold because bitcoin prices will still increase again, can not give more explanation but I'm very sure bitcoin prices will still increase again because the next goal is towards 5000$ and I think we will see at the end of August.
yes that is a very good formula to hold bitcoin for a long time so that we can get a good profit from it. i think we should not missed the opportunity to invest in bitcoin and get profit from it., because bitcoin price has still good potential and its price will continue increasing therefore those if we want to get some profit and secure our potion then we should try to keep holding bitcoin for some more time.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:10:05 AM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

If you do not have something to buy, you should probably hold that coins of yours. If you sell that without any reason you are going to missed some profits that it can make. Just trust that the value of your coins will always increase, take the risk and do not panic whenever the prices falls. But if you really need that money and if you know that your coins that you're holding have no potential to grow probably sell it or convert it into bitcoins.
raymart0720

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:36:03 AM

first that is the risk you may encounter by altcoin and by taging up with what campaign you are in now

second yess you need to wait obviously patience is needded and if you havent then your btc or what ever currency is that will make a small amount
take note that currency value are fluctuating and there is time it goes up and down so be careful and use our mind
.dont misunderstand my repy it is only my own perspective hehehhe Wink
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:53:38 PM

What it happens is that holding is not sexy enough, holding seems boring for a lot of people and they prefer to try their luck in trading without having any idea of how things really work, many people have the idea that the more they do the more productive they are but sometimes the most productive thing you can do is to wait.
a-m

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:08:27 PM

You never know wether a coin goes your way. What you can do is good research, finding a group to discuss your findings before you invest and putting only small amounts on 10 to 25 positions.
AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:12:16 PM

The rules are very simple: buy low, sell high. But sometimes patience is needed really in crypto. Cause more time you will hold, more you will earn.
Sometimes because of our emotions it is very difficult to control ourselves by buying low and after a week getting even lower, in this situation people start to panic and try to replace already bought coins for other ones, which are growing Smiley Still for me the best tactics is to hold, just invest some money and forget about it for some time.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:08:32 PM

What it happens is that holding is not sexy enough, holding seems boring for a lot of people and they prefer to try their luck in trading without having any idea of how things really work, many people have the idea that the more they do the more productive they are but sometimes the most productive thing you can do is to wait.
waiting Is productive thing but one thing make it more productive with wait, if you work while waiting then you will get more then you imagine because just waiting gives you good amount but wait + work can give you even better, and the thing you said become boring while holding can also be remove by work while holding.
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:30:38 AM

In your poloniex investment coin what? In poloniex most of the alternatives only coin that is potentially missing or delete list if in live and must often be checked for security  Grin
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:05:23 PM

waiting Is productive thing but one thing make it more productive with wait, if you work while waiting then you will get more then you imagine because just waiting gives you good amount but wait + work can give you even better, and the thing you said become boring while holding can also be remove by work while holding.
experience too much matter in such situation. experience make you enable to take a right decision in right time. some time we need to hold while some time whne we realize that the price can felldown a little in such situation we need to take an immediate action and need to sell our bitcoin, oney then we can ensure a good profit.
daxiake

Activity: 688

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:13:18 PM

experience too much matter in such situation. experience make you enable to take a right decision in right time. some time we need to hold while some time whne we realize that the price can felldown a little in such situation we need to take an immediate action and need to sell our bitcoin, oney then we can ensure a good profit.

Yes there is no point in holding it too long and inviting loss to our pocket so its good to sell them off when you price is high and you are making good profits from it as you always have an choice to buy them back when price goes down in future and that is the best way to play with your bitcoins.
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:18:31 PM

It depends on you and you coin that you are holding.If the coin that you are holding is potential and has a good future, has a good team, has real life use then I would say just hold.holding alt coin is my favorite hobby.every year I try to hold some new ALT coin and I may able to earn good profit from them.So holding is also a good way for earning money.

I believe that holding altcoin too long is very risky as you never know when the price of altcoin will crash and how long it will take its price to recover back so its good to sell them off when you are making good profits and buy them back when price drops and when it comes to bitcoins I prefer to hold it for a long term to make higher profits in future.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:38:48 PM

It depends on you and you coin that you are holding.If the coin that you are holding is potential and has a good future, has a good team, has real life use then I would say just hold.holding alt coin is my favorite hobby.every year I try to hold some new ALT coin and I may able to earn good profit from them.So holding is also a good way for earning money.

I believe that holding altcoin too long is very risky as you never know when the price of altcoin will crash and how long it will take its price to recover back so its good to sell them off when you are making good profits and buy them back when price drops and when it comes to bitcoins I prefer to hold it for a long term to make higher profits in future.
If Bitcoin in future have can growth to the moon, the altcoin market will growth too. This situation very reasonable because most investor want buy Bitcoin because they hope can earn money from Bitcoin, then they will know beyond holding Bitcoin still have many type investment can helps us get rich fast than holding Bitcoin.
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:59:24 PM

If Bitcoin in future have can growth to the moon, the altcoin market will growth too. This situation very reasonable because most investor want buy Bitcoin because they hope can earn money from Bitcoin, then they will know beyond holding Bitcoin still have many type investment can helps us get rich fast than holding Bitcoin.

If you want to become rich in future then investing in right altcoin is the key to success as the growth of altcoin is too high in compare to bitcoins and with bitcoins you need to wait for a very long time to make huge profits from it and not all have that high level of patience to hold bitcoins for a very long term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: