Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:03:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I hold?  (Read 28359 times)
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:04:52 AM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

If I have an extra budget for my family needs.I will hold my bitcoin because bitcoin price is going higher.And bitcoin now is very nice to invest so that ai can earn bitcoin and save more.After longtime that bitcoin is very expensive.I will sell it so that I can profit big amount of cash to start a bussiness to have a stable income for my kids future.

i think yes that will be a right decision,  because most of the investors are expecting about bitcoin that its price will continue increasing and will surely will reach to 8000$. therefore to me i think we should hold our bitcoin try to manage our needs from some other sources, because i think that we should not lose the present opportunity and should try to invest more money in bitcoin.
I think their target is $ 10000, this will be a long-term trade. it would be great to buy it now and hold it until 2020.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:40:09 AM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

If I have an extra budget for my family needs.I will hold my bitcoin because bitcoin price is going higher.And bitcoin now is very nice to invest so that ai can earn bitcoin and save more.After longtime that bitcoin is very expensive.I will sell it so that I can profit big amount of cash to start a bussiness to have a stable income for my kids future.

i think yes that will be a right decision,  because most of the investors are expecting about bitcoin that its price will continue increasing and will surely will reach to 8000$. therefore to me i think we should hold our bitcoin try to manage our needs from some other sources, because i think that we should not lose the present opportunity and should try to invest more money in bitcoin.
I think their target is $ 10000, this will be a long-term trade. it would be great to buy it now and hold it until 2020.
For me due to continues fall down of bitcoin price, I think it's better to sell it before it's too late. Because I'm just thinking that bitcoin value was continuously declining this month. But if you want to hold it for a long time due to trust in bitcoin it's up to the owner.
Japinat

Activity: 2982
Merit: 681

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:43:23 AM

For me due to continues fall down of bitcoin price, I think it's better to sell it before it's too late. Because I'm just thinking that bitcoin value was continuously declining this month. But if you want to hold it for a long time due to trust in bitcoin it's up to the owner.
I don't think this will continue, there is a big news that China will ban exchanges and ICO and we feel that but it's just slight because the price is still at the $4,000 and I think it will start to rise again. Good time to buy now if you are looking for short term profit as eventually price will rise and will happen soon, for me I am in a long term hold in bitcoin but I love to do short term in alts.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:55:26 AM

It depends on the purpose why your investing on bitcoin. If its for short-term gains then it would not be good to hold it because China has this news and many people are panic selling that's why a downtrend but I believe it will go back up again but we don't know for sure when it will soar high again. Bitcoin is so volatile that's why a significant change in price in just minutes is expected when there are news that will affect it and it doesn't matter if its true or false.

If you hold bitcoin for long term then just hold it because many are believing that its price would continue to increase. The market is just in correction and after this, it will go up again. We have seen many developments with bitcoin and more people especially those that have deep pockets invest on it and they know what they are investing into and the risks involve so they will not risk their money to something that will not give them returns so me having a small amount in bitcoin for long term investment would just hold it as well.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:19:58 AM

i think yes that will be a right decision,  because most of the investors are expecting about bitcoin that its price will continue increasing and will surely will reach to 8000$. therefore to me i think we should hold our bitcoin try to manage our needs from some other sources, because i think that we should not lose the present opportunity and should try to invest more money in bitcoin.
I still believe in holding even the btc value is in dip now. I believe it will arise soon and all our patience on holding it will be worth it. Btc value now falls but its our time to buy more btc now.
So do I bro, I already hold all my coins for half a year already and selling is not part of my option now no matter how bad the market looks like now and even if others are saying that bitcoin will still go down more because I know that it will go up and will give me more profit.
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:10:29 AM

If you hold an altcoin which you invested it and now totally dropped the value, the question is what altcoin did you invested it?
Because if the coin you bought was listed in  at top 20 coinmarketcap, well I can you must hold it still, but if not.. You must think about it Ayway. This is just my perception only.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:39:17 AM

trading bitcoin or altcoin no loss. if you do not want to lose for altcoin please hold. if you are impatient or want to buy coin cutloss.bila it's the best but it needs to be considered. my advice is better you hold back believe this will not be a loss if you hold back now you will get doubled profit later

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:05:40 AM

I don't think this will continue, there is a big news that China will ban exchanges and ICO and we feel that but it's just slight because the price is still at the $4,000 and I think it will start to rise again. Good time to buy now if you are looking for short term profit as eventually price will rise and will happen soon, for me I am in a long term hold in bitcoin but I love to do short term in alts.

this is make many people panic selling and the price is down too deep than yesterday. and if this conditions is like this for a week, maybe we can see a big crash because of banning impact but i hope it will not crash into deep. the point is we can buy bitcoin in lower price than yesterday and we can hold it for a while.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
mikki14

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:05:28 PM

When did you invest? In cryptocurrency waiting is really a virtue. Don't expect your money to grow overnight. Prices might be low now and could be higher the next day.
If you won't stay, it would mean you're going to sell your coins lower than the price you bought it. Always buy coins when the price is low. And sell it when the price is high. But if you really want to quit, just wait for it to go back to it's original price to avoid loss.

My friend is more of a holder. He keeps 70% of his coins and trade the remaining coins. He started on January 2017. And his profit is prettty high. And the gaining pace of bitcoin price this past few months also helps. But it will always depend on your strategy and skills. Don't be bothered by it's decreasing price now.

Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:18:57 PM

this is make many people panic selling and the price is down too deep than yesterday. and if this conditions is like this for a week, maybe we can see a big crash because of banning impact but i hope it will not crash into deep. the point is we can buy bitcoin in lower price than yesterday and we can hold it for a while.
I do love to see on dip prices so that i can able to buy on cheaper price.If theres panic sell then expect theres blood on the streets and this is the golden opportunity to make profits later on and it seems we do have a strong support on 3700-3800 level which price tends to go up again as of now.I still hesitate to buy though because i do believe price will still dip down even more.
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 809

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:28:52 PM

I do love to see on dip prices so that i can able to buy on cheaper price.If theres panic sell then expect theres blood on the streets and this is the golden opportunity to make profits later on and it seems we do have a strong support on 3700-3800 level which price tends to go up again as of now.I still hesitate to buy though because i do believe price will still dip down even more.

If I were you, I wouldn't advise to wait til it further dip, experience says that this is not a good strategy. I think you are already here when we see the price dip to $1900 a few days before the Aug 1 split and people still didn't buy because they are waiting for the price to dip at $1500 but all of a sudden the price goes to $2900 in just 24 hours. So there's a lot of opportunity to profit being missed during that time. So if you have the funds to buy today, then you should go and buy a portion so if the price dip even more tomorrow then buy more. But if the price goes up tomorrow, at least you have bought and just hodl on it for the long haul.
lecongnhan123

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:39:21 PM

The battlefield back in blood, It is hard to believe, yesterday BTC 4300$ but today is 3800$. Keep Altcoin you buy, do not sell them when the market is bloodshed. I'm also into a situation like you.
Let's wait until the end of the month, please put your trust in Altcoin that you buy, give it a little time before you decide to sell it.

no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:28:29 PM

What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.
Oh well... if you would not HODL you'll be losing a lot. By the way, if ever you would be selling your altcoins low, what are you going to do with the money? If you will just re-invest it with another set of altcoins you are just throwing your money away.

Anyway, you may also try to cut-loss, like let's say the half of it; then you just have to have faith that the remaining half will pump soon. You know what I'm saying?
Blitzboy

Activity: 1232
Merit: 556

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:09:32 PM

There is not fix target for bitcoin. I believe that it can easly cross $10000. Right now, the only thing I know is to hold bitcoin as long as I can. I know that the more I hold, the more profit I can earn. As you can see, bitcoin is now considered as digital gold, no one is insane enough to sell it with the low price

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Baijit20

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:50:28 PM

it depends on your analysis..always holding is good.if the coin price is down waiting for target price.take the risk.there are so called correction price.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:56:29 AM

There is not fix target for bitcoin. I believe that it can easly cross $10000. Right now, the only thing I know is to hold bitcoin as long as I can. I know that the more I hold, the more profit I can earn. As you can see, bitcoin is now considered as digital gold, no one is insane enough to sell it with the low price

At this point, it would be foolish to sell at this price since bitcoin has fallen hard. Selling today would be selling below target for most who are expecting btc to hit 5k or more by the end of the year. Holding would be the best way to ride this tide and if you have the money, to buy more btc.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:29:34 AM

Dipping of prices is a very common occurrence here in the cryptocurrency world, sir. If you react by selling every time there is a dip, you might just end up losing all your investment capital. The reason for holding is that the line downwards is not going to be a straight line forever. It will go up after that.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 03:37:29 AM

I am assuming that you have invested based on your research and if that is the case then you should hold it for some more time. Ultimately it depends on your risk profile that up to what extent, you are ready to bear the loss.

I remember a few years ago, I made an investment in one alt-coin and within a week I was in 35% loss but as the amount was low and there was a research behind that investment decision, I decided to hold it. Then in few days, I not only covered the loss but also made 10%+ profit without changing anything in that investment. However, each case is different and should be assessed with a different approach.
I always suggest holding coins when they are in dumping phases because it is pretty obvious in the crypto market trend that the dumps are followed by pumps. I will also recommend him holding his coins in wallet and forget them for some time. This will help him to stay calm and ultimately he will end up with profit.

And even today price has come down so its not the right time to sell as it will surely affect your profits if you don't hold and sell at this stage and everyone is hoping to see higher price in coming months so its always good to hold your coins till it reaches to the maximum value.
There are many traders want take their profit in Bitcoin with rate $5,000/BTC, this is reason make the price of Bitcoin has trouble for increases to this target. Of course, if the demand of investors enough for create a strong bullish, we can breakout $5,000 easy, however, we do not have whales want to pump Bitcoin reach to that price.

Absolutely agree! Bitcoin will hit $5K milestone again with a natural growth and still, we will have volatility around that price level. However, considering a long-term scenario, I think we might face less volatility in price due to increased awareness among the Bitcoin users and there will be less panic selling effect on the price like the one in the above-mentioned incident.
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:42:14 AM

I am assuming that you have invested based on your research and if that is the case then you should hold it for some more time. Ultimately it depends on your risk profile that up to what extent, you are ready to bear the loss.

I remember a few years ago, I made an investment in one alt-coin and within a week I was in 35% loss but as the amount was low and there was a research behind that investment decision, I decided to hold it. Then in few days, I not only covered the loss but also made 10%+ profit without changing anything in that investment. However, each case is different and should be assessed with a different approach.
I always suggest holding coins when they are in dumping phases because it is pretty obvious in the crypto market trend that the dumps are followed by pumps. I will also recommend him holding his coins in wallet and forget them for some time. This will help him to stay calm and ultimately he will end up with profit.

And even today price has come down so its not the right time to sell as it will surely affect your profits if you don't hold and sell at this stage and everyone is hoping to see higher price in coming months so its always good to hold your coins till it reaches to the maximum value.
There are many traders want take their profit in Bitcoin with rate $5,000/BTC, this is reason make the price of Bitcoin has trouble for increases to this target. Of course, if the demand of investors enough for create a strong bullish, we can breakout $5,000 easy, however, we do not have whales want to pump Bitcoin reach to that price.

Absolutely agree! Bitcoin will hit $5K milestone again with a natural growth and still, we will have volatility around that price level. However, considering a long-term scenario, I think we might face less volatility in price due to increased awareness among the Bitcoin users and there will be less panic selling effect on the price like the one in the above-mentioned incident.

Expect that there are more people who's been willing to hold since they might lose there capital for buying bitcoins on its topest price last week or months, But let's prolong our patience unto this since this is just a trial for bitcoins dominance and for sure bitcoins will regain back its rythm and rise for even more in the future.
lehoang3369

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:59:50 AM

I recently invested in serious poloniex. Since I have invested alt coin has been down. Make the amount of coins I own if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coin to go back to their original price that I have bought for to earn a profit? What is the reason to keep the price? Thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: