Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:00:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I hold?  (Read 28359 times)
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:07:44 PM

it depends on the altcoin. if it rises and you think that you are contented with you profit then sell.
And when it keeps dropping until the point you are not sure it will rise again? What will you then do? Most people have forgotten that as long as holding a particular altcoin is the safest way to trade, it is important to always monitor and follow the news on that specific altcoin you are holding. I have had instances that I got news late and I ended up loosing on a coin as it never came back up again.

Handling altcoin is really diffrent when holding bitcoin that's why it's more risky to hold altcoins.

Price volatility of altcoins are really way more active than bitcoin hence in just a blink of eye, a pump or dump may happen or while we are heavily asleep.  We have to set our own set of measures to deal with this behaviour. There are some traders who can play nicely with the game. If they can, surely others too. People don't need to stay awake at most hours of a day. Just be focus and eager to reached the goal of getting profits.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:28:50 PM

If the coins you hold are on poloniex list, you don't have to worry, because altcoin available on trading list is a result of rigorous selection. No need to panic, even if price falls significantly. Let alone, later if it's time surely he will jump high and your investment also brings benefits.
yeah hold it, just hold it, it will back to its big price sooner or later we just need to hold our emotions too, so that it will be good for us, it will needed because if we cant manage our emotions it will leads us to having no profit, so if we are a true trader we will wait for it until it pumps again thats important among all.
RenBct

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:13:05 PM

It is best to hold until th end of the year because many pros predicts that btc will reach around $10k and get more in 2018.

Kakawate

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:33:25 PM

Holding coins that have low value then gradually waiting for ir to go up is the best way to make profit, but you need to be very observant if the value of what you have invested in is continuously dropping. I can say that maybe this is one of the investments which you need to pull back and consider as loss, then find another uprising coin which you think is getting the attention of people.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:45:42 PM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

Yeah you have to wait. Holding is one of the best strategy that I have did to avoid or prevent too kuch loosing money and ofcourse to earn more profit..s
You should know how to control your emotions, learn to wait and and be a risk taker to avoid too much loosing of coins.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:44:38 PM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

Yeah you have to wait. Holding is one of the best strategy that I have did to avoid or prevent too kuch loosing money and ofcourse to earn more profit..s
You should know how to control your emotions, learn to wait and and be a risk taker to avoid too much loosing of coins.
I am strongly going to support your this stance that holding is so far the best option for making money with bitcoin. It tremendously reduces the risk of losing money in this filed. Those people who are holding their large number of bitcoin they will be new rich people and they are still to have more profits.
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:26:33 PM

I feel as if you should for sure hold because their are scare amounts of bitcoins and the network it runs on provides an immutable ledger that can't be changed.

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:30:19 PM

Price dropping is not that easy but keeping coin for long term is a must.
I keep the coin like bag holder,
it is working Smiley
Yes, it surely works a lot if the coin you are holding have a lot of support (Bitcoin or Altcoin). Bitcoin of course does have huge support and you should check the chart for other altcoins. That support will always be ready to gulp it back once the price has reached a certain dip. It is the safest method when you are doing a long term trading method.

As long as you have set your sell order, you can just go on with your normal daily activities than having to day trade all the time.
50ouncebrew

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:05:02 PM

You should absolutely hold for, I would say, the next 20-30 years. You can take some profits every several years but it is best to hold as long as possible to get the most gain out of your initial investment. Just keep adding if you can.

▄▄▄ ▐████▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄       
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄▄████  ██▄▄ ▀▀██▄     
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄   
  ██▌ ▄██▀  ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀██▄ ▀██ 
 ██▌ ▄██  ▄██████▌ ▀████▄  ██▄ ▐██
▐██ ▐██  ████▀ ██▌   ▀ ▀██ ██▌ ██▌
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌      ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌  █▄█ ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
▐██ ▐█▀  ██▄   ██▌  ███▄██  ██▌ ██▌
 ██▌  ▄▄  ▀██▄ ██▌  ████▀  ████▄   
  ███████▄  ▀▀███████▀▀  ▄▄▄ ▀███ 
   ▀▀ ▄ ▀███▄▄▄     ▄▄▄███▀ ▄███▀ 
     ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀ ▄▄███▀   
       ▀▀████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄████▀▀       
           ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
  M A E S T R O         
REVOLUTIONIZING THE DIGITAL MUSIC WORLD

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

WHITEPAPER (KO)        WHITEPAPER (EN)     

TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK     TWITTER    ANN THREAD

MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   GITHUB   INSTAGRAM   KAKAOTALK
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:51:43 PM

Personally I always like to HODL eth. With alts I pick a price I would be happy selling at and if it reaches it I sell.

There are a lot of coins in my investment portfolio. And some of them have become cheaper, and some have grown significantly. I advise not to worry, because, all the Crypto currency is growing, even despite fluctuations

Its good that you have diversified your portfolio so that all eggs are not in one basket. A particular coin may flatter but investing in many coins will yield you good results provided you have invested in right coin. Also keep in mind that mostly value to altcoins depends upon btc, if btc moves up they also tend to move and other way around.

You are correct the only thing that I would add is that while bitcoin and altcoins tend to move in similar directions the speed at which they do is different, for example we saw bitcoin moving up in price but altcoins did not follow and that is why even if many altcoins kept the same price in dollars they were crashing in terms of bitcoin, however I think we are going to see altcoins moving up once again in a delayed move and then we are going to get prices similar to what we had a few months ago.
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:46:46 PM

If the coins you hold are on poloniex list, you don't have to worry, because altcoin available on trading list is a result of rigorous selection. No need to panic, even if price falls significantly. Let alone, later if it's time surely he will jump high and your investment also brings benefits.
yeah hold it, just hold it, it will back to its big price sooner or later we just need to hold our emotions too, so that it will be good for us, it will needed because if we cant manage our emotions it will leads us to having no profit, so if we are a true trader we will wait for it until it pumps again thats important among all.
We need to hold and hold our coins because for sure the price will become bigger sooner or later. We only need to have patience to do holding in order to creatw more money
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:47:27 PM

You have no choice at all mate. Either you sell your coins at loss or hold it, think about it. It's better to hold it , hold it for long term. Every coin have the chance to pump later. So, while you are waiting, research by your own or read and read here in forum. If you have weak hands, you can't success in trading. Good luck  Wink
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:51:36 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 11:27:35 PM by shalnark

Personally I always like to HODL eth. With alts I pick a price I would be happy selling at and if it reaches it I sell.

There are a lot of coins in my investment portfolio. And some of them have become cheaper, and some have grown significantly. I advise not to worry, because, all the Crypto currency is growing, even despite fluctuations

Its good that you have diversified your portfolio so that all eggs are not in one basket. A particular coin may flatter but investing in many coins will yield you good results provided you have invested in right coin. Also keep in mind that mostly value to altcoins depends upon btc, if btc moves up they also tend to move and other way around.

You are correct the only thing that I would add is that while bitcoin and altcoins tend to move in similar directions the speed at which they do is different, for example we saw bitcoin moving up in price but altcoins did not follow and that is why even if many altcoins kept the same price in dollars they were crashing in terms of bitcoin, however I think we are going to see altcoins moving up once again in a delayed move and then we are going to get prices similar to what we had a few months ago.
Yes, definitely this is the good time to hold bitcoin because this time bitcoin value is not literally stable, so it is the perfect timing to invest also. Otherwise, holding bitcoin is advisable due to all users were expecting of increasing price in the following months and years.
dedi iryanto

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:19:06 PM

the key is optimistic and patient then it will be as we expected
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:23:07 PM

You should absolutely hold for, I would say, the next 20-30 years. You can take some profits every several years but it is best to hold as long as possible to get the most gain out of your initial investment. Just keep adding if you can.

That will be long, how he will be able to enjoy bitcoin profit if he's not going to use it for 20-30 years. I suggest that keep on holding until the price gives you a satisfaction and then sell and enjoy the profit you made there. You deserve to enjoy bitcoin and you can still hold 20-30 years of it but don't forget that you have a life to feed and a life to enjoy to the fullest. Maybe hold 10 bitcoins for that long is already good.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:32:28 PM

If you badly need money due to emergency situation, then you can sell your holdings as early as possible because its unpredictable type of business you enter and no. 1 impact of bringing btc down because China's banning the btc. But if you still have some other ways to produce money , much better hold it first because there are so many reasons why btc could recover soon. Patience are the key. The answers found in the future.
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:44:54 PM

Yes you will hold as much as possible, why would you sell if the value is low? That will just lead you to a lower profit, you dont deserve that. All the cryptocurrency are down today because of china banning situation. And this is not the right time to sell because of a huge deflation. Just wait for the price to come back to the previous amount before selling those coins. I know it might take a while but, it is much better to wait than to lose a lot of money. Just continue earning money but do not sell it. Wait until the huge pump.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:26:40 AM

Yes you will hold as much as possible, why would you sell if the value is low? That will just lead you to a lower profit, you dont deserve that. All the cryptocurrency are down today because of china banning situation. And this is not the right time to sell because of a huge deflation. Just wait for the price to come back to the previous amount before selling those coins. I know it might take a while but, it is much better to wait than to lose a lot of money. Just continue earning money but do not sell it. Wait until the huge pump.

The challenge here is to have the patience to hold even when the fluctuation is not favorable. There will be times when it would seem that we're on a loss and panic would seep in. Like what's happening now. It will test how your decision making. Of course as with everything that's happened before, bitcoin always bounces back

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:47:10 AM

Hold... Wink Roll Eyes what's the coin you are going to be hold and how long time will you be patience. those should have to be clear then you will get more suggestions from somebody....am i right or wrong..?
MinMan

Activity: 608
Merit: 154

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:04:39 PM

If I have an extra budget for my family needs.I will hold my bitcoin because bitcoin price is going higher.And bitcoin now is very nice to invest so that ai can earn bitcoin and save more.After longtime that bitcoin is very expensive.I will sell it so that I can profit big amount of cash to start a bussiness to have a stable income for my kids future.

i think yes that will be a right decision,  because most of the investors are expecting about bitcoin that its price will continue increasing and will surely will reach to 8000$. therefore to me i think we should hold our bitcoin try to manage our needs from some other sources, because i think that we should not lose the present opportunity and should try to invest more money in bitcoin.
I think their target is $ 10000, this will be a long-term trade. it would be great to buy it now and hold it until 2020.
There is not fix target for bitcoin. I believe that it can easly cross $10000. Right now, the only thing I know is to hold bitcoin as long as I can. I know that the more I hold, the more profit I can earn. As you can see, bitcoin is now considered as digital gold, no one is insane enough to sell it with the low price
In my view holding now is best option and good days will come son when prices will go to the record surface and then I will enjoy the profit, so don’t need to be panic and just stay up to date to the market and get suggestions from the expert ones you’ll never face any loss, you never regret about your decision of holding.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: