Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:38:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I hold?  (Read 28359 times)
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:50:54 PM

All depends how long can you wait and what kind of coins did bought. For example for long-term trading it is worth holding heavy coins, such as BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, NEM. But also I think that STRAT, LMC will be good choice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:02:12 AM

If the coins you hold are on poloniex list, you don't have to worry, because altcoin available on trading list is a result of rigorous selection. No need to panic, even if price falls significantly. Let alone, later if it's time surely he will jump high and your investment also brings benefits.
yeah hold it, just hold it, it will back to its big price sooner or later we just need to hold our emotions too, so that it will be good for us, it will needed because if we cant manage our emotions it will leads us to having no profit, so if we are a true trader we will wait for it until it pumps again thats important among all.
There is definitely no need to get emotional when bitcoins are going though dumping phases. We all are well aware of this fact that for last few times, bitcoins are pumping hard after every dump so no need to get distressed by the falling prices of the bitcoins rather is happy because it forecast great pumps.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:49:27 AM

I think if you hold it and keep waiting for the price to rebound it may take a long time, but if you believe it will get back to the starting price you bought or it could be more improved it is better, but there are times when we have to face some risk by selling it and wait for the price to get to the lowest point and start buying it again at a cheap price and hold it for sale when the price goes back up, that's what I do if the price goes down I take some losses to make a profit
That totally depends on the coin you are holding. Some coins take a longer time to recover from dips due to the level of support it has, some takes very little time before they recover. Usually, if you are sure the coin you are holding has good support, it is better to hold than sell when you are losing.
Indeed, you need to study your coin in detail in order to make formulate your plans with that coin. You should read articles related to that coin and join forums that provide recent information regarding your coin. Personally I will recommend holding bitcoins and selling altcoins when they are giving you some profit.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:35:50 PM

All depends how long can you wait and what kind of coins did bought. For example for long-term trading it is worth holding heavy coins, such as BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, NEM. But also I think that STRAT, LMC will be good choice.
There is no doubt in this fact that all depends on the nature of coins you are holding and also the nature of the investor/holder. If the coins you are holding are bitcoins, waves etc, it is better hold them for long time in wallets especially bitcoins because they massively increase in prices over the time. I don’t suggest anyone holding eth for long time.
Skyshark

Activity: 505
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:00:44 PM

You have invested in altcoins that are now having a value which is lower than they had when you bought them. Actually you are not the only one experiencing this situation, I also am experiencing this situation right now and I'm just thinking of selling my coins even at a low price, and consider them as loss but, I got a feeling that I should hold on them a little more.

SillyCat

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 01:21:51 PM

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

You have to be patient and wait. Bitcoin will be widely used for the future. Have some faith.
SillyCat

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 01:48:35 PM

but you know even though you are sure that It might surge in the future
the information available to tell what will happen is very limited.
I think luck and intuition come into play when you invest in bitcoin.
SillyCat

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 02:00:55 PM

is there anyone who invested more than 3 bitcoins?

i mean i want to ask other's opinion on this matter
the more you invest bitcoin the more commitment you would have right?
if there are what is ur opinion on this
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:07:53 PM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

I bought my first bitcoin at 2dollar and the same with ethereum. Do not make the same mistake and sell too early. I wish I held all the way. I am not selling any of my main positions for the next couple of years.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:08:10 PM

You should absolutely hold for, I would say, the next 20-30 years. You can take some profits every several years but it is best to hold as long as possible to get the most gain out of your initial investment. Just keep adding if you can.

That will be long, how he will be able to enjoy bitcoin profit if he's not going to use it for 20-30 years. I suggest that keep on holding until the price gives you a satisfaction and then sell and enjoy the profit you made there. You deserve to enjoy bitcoin and you can still hold 20-30 years of it but don't forget that you have a life to feed and a life to enjoy to the fullest. Maybe hold 10 bitcoins for that long is already good.
By holding bitcoin for that long you are denying yourself short term gratification, but you hold in the hope to get long term gratification, I see that happening all the time, people spend their money in things they want now not realizing that in  20 years they are not going to be able to retire comfortably, that is why I save in bitcoin, I do not care about not going to a pricey restaurant now I care about being able to retire someday.
A.H.Rassel

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:34:25 PM

Hold you're all altcoins in light of the fact that I trust that after that falling all bitcoin and altcoins were running up an incentive in the market.At this minute you are profited I think
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:35:55 PM

I think if you hold it and keep waiting for the price to rebound it may take a long time, but if you believe it will get back to the starting price you bought or it could be more improved it is better, but there are times when we have to face some risk by selling it and wait for the price to get to the lowest point and start buying it again at a cheap price and hold it for sale when the price goes back up, that's what I do if the price goes down I take some losses to make a profit
That totally depends on the coin you are holding. Some coins take a longer time to recover from dips due to the level of support it has, some takes very little time before they recover. Usually, if you are sure the coin you are holding has good support, it is better to hold than sell when you are losing.
Indeed, you need to study your coin in detail in order to make formulate your plans with that coin. You should read articles related to that coin and join forums that provide recent information regarding your coin. Personally I will recommend holding bitcoins and selling altcoins when they are giving you some profit.
One must possess a great knowledge of what he or she is indulging into, without having up to date information about our coin and its history, our progress will become uncertain and maybe we never even achieve it. Above all, we need to put trust in our coins also. I personally prefer bitcoin because it has proven to be trustworthy up till now. Holding on bitcoin is really a key to become stable financially.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:36:37 PM

I bought my first bitcoin at 2dollar and the same with ethereum. Do not make the same mistake and sell too early. I wish I held all the way. I am not selling any of my main positions for the next couple of years.

Yes... now we can not sell untill we will be millionaire! I also sold etherium at super low price.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:49:13 PM

If the coins you hold are on poloniex list, you don't have to worry, because altcoin available on trading list is a result of rigorous selection. No need to panic, even if price falls significantly. Let alone, later if it's time surely he will jump high and your investment also brings benefits.
yeah hold it, just hold it, it will back to its big price sooner or later we just need to hold our emotions too, so that it will be good for us, it will needed because if we cant manage our emotions it will leads us to having no profit, so if we are a true trader we will wait for it until it pumps again thats important among all.
There is definitely no need to get emotional when bitcoins are going though dumping phases. We all are well aware of this fact that for last few times, bitcoins are pumping hard after every dump so no need to get distressed by the falling prices of the bitcoins rather is happy because it forecast great pumps.

It is natural that the value and prices of bitcoin are dumped or in its peak. Do I hold? Yes you hold your bitcoin when you know that the price of selling wasn't valuable of your investment. Its like your selling your product at lower price, and case worst is that you never made you investment or capital be just back to you. And of course you hold, for the seek that you wouldn't blame yourself for making foolish decision
mozillaspez

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:59:27 PM

Hold you're all altcoins in light of the fact that I trust that after that falling all bitcoin and altcoins were running up an incentive in the market.At this minute you are profited I think
If you are talking about altcoin and bitcoin then in my opinion i will tell you that bitcoin is not falling bitcoin is growing while ETH is also growing so how can you say that is it falling you are just following the trend which is created by china.
Ifecostar

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Crypto lover, Crypto trader, Pharmacist (9.5/10)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 10:37:25 PM

Sometimes I will sell and buy back in lower price, but look at current situation I will wait untill end of this month or more, still trading when loss just make my situation worst.
Yeah, trade at now very bad, we not know when is lowest price can buy or when we sell this coin, it will recovery and reverse Angry

Trading has always and Will always be dynamic. I will advise that you always study the market both in good and poor times. The trends always have an information for those willing to study it.
Always stick to discipline also, especially in an unstable market.

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:53:28 PM

If you are talking about altcoin and bitcoin then in my opinion i will tell you that bitcoin is not falling bitcoin is growing while ETH is also growing so how can you say that is it falling you are just following the trend which is created by china.
Not all altcoins have the chance to grow while other are falling but im pretty sure that bitcoin is guaranteed that it will grow but don't expect that there no drop happens because falling is part of all currency just don't expect nothing if you really want to earn profit then trading is your the only choice while you are holding then trade and invest.
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:57:46 AM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

Holding our coins is really good decision. We should hold of our coins and sell it in the right time. Holding is really a great factor to earn more money because the value of the bitcoin is rising up
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:45:43 AM

I think you have to bear your coin, the reason I tell you to keep it is because if you sell it when you experience panic it will cause a lot of losses, but if you know when the price drops is a good moment to buy back, understand the charts and market conditions .
zzSunZZ

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:06:46 AM

Honestly, some Wall Street traders invest in newly forming sectors like biotech like this. It is difficult to determine which will come out on top and the likelihood of failure of any single entity is high. This risk is mitigated by the potential for a home run by any single pick. Their strategy is to invest in a large number of them. Essentially like an ETF would do. .... It would have been easier to just say some people buy ETFs.
Fundamental analysis would work very well though. I wouldn't margin trade aswell, this is a market that's jumping and dropping 20%, 30% on a single day sometimes. There is no need to margin trade.
Stay away from margin trade cause i saw you're just a newbie.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: