Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:11:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I hold?  (Read 28359 times)
Geurangsang

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:30:00 AM

It always to you to get the desition. Trading is require to know about how to analyze the coin and learn about coin movement. Trading requires patience too. But if you see the movement coin so bad and you have waiting for long time and not indicate will up, sometimes you have think to sell it even though it must be you get a loss. This is necesary to prevent more losses.

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
megget

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:43:38 AM

If we take this year to compare trade and hold, then I confidently believe that the best decision was hold. It is important when a person came into the market, if it was July, August, September, October, then probably the best choice was trading. But if the entrance to the market was January-May, then hold. Look at the graphs, stunning growth, for those who held.

metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:21:07 AM

This is depend on the fundamental of the coin that you hold now. But in my opinion if you have time for the better sell it in loss and continue to trade with new strategy and new risk management to gain profit and to reduce the lose before.
fijiral

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:28:15 PM

5k would be too much of a correction. Anything under 10k might trigger panic across new investors. Let them harden with these 11-12k lows.
daglordjames

Activity: 550

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:38:48 PM

it's up you if your going to hold it or not but if you're going to hold it's risky because it takes a long time to get a higher price but if your willing to hold then your going to sell it on a higher price so its gonna be worth it.
Topaz72

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:13:59 PM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

if the price goes down you should hold to avoid losses at least until the price returns when you buy because if you sell it it will be a loss

This rule is applicable only if you're having good coins because some shit coins may not come back to those high prices in future. It all depends on what kind of coins we are holding. If you talking about all the top coins then it is better to hold and if possible buy more if prices go down a lot because you will surely get a chance to sell at higher prices.
Now a days no need to hold bitcoin it’s a time to sell bitcoin as much as you can because its price is very high and you can take a very good profit so sell bitcoin and in normal days you can buy with low price and then you can keep it on hold because bitcoin is going to change its price from low to high very fast so holding is a part of business and you can keep it on hold to get your profit this year I hold a lot of bitcoins on hold and now I’m selling.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:38:44 PM

Holding a particular coin is relative to many factors. If you holding a coin in the hope that it will get to it's original price, you may have to hold forever. However if you hold a coin that has been badly beaten in relative to its value, I will suggest you buy more of such coin, it could turn out a winner.

supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:23:30 PM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

if the price goes down you should hold to avoid losses at least until the price returns when you buy because if you sell it it will be a loss
If you don’t need money and you can manage the things without converting your bitcoins into paper money, then the best thing to do is to hold your coins for as long period of time as you actually can. Try not to sell your coins when there is no such need of selling your coins as holding can actually help you in having a huge amount of profit in short span of time. Hold, hold and hold for greater profit.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:41:49 PM

Yes if you want a big profit just hold the coin that have a big future and you can double or triple your profit
If this coin is bitcoin then surely holding is best way to earn money but if you are dealing in some altcoin then better is to not hold for long time. There is a huge difference in holding altcoin and bitcoin. You must think and check what is the best way to earn bitcoin if that suits you surely go for it? Believe in yourself and make some better choice for you, holding is better although.
youngagethinker

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:27:35 PM

How much you expect is the main concern. First of all, you have to analysis the market and then if you think you are on right track, then hold for the perfect time and when you will see that you are in better position, then sell it.

Listen here.
To be more elaborate, you need to know, what coin, coins platform or service, what time and what trends on the market. It differs on every coin and it will be different anytime (unless your holding the main alts or BTC because this is likely to really go up when time passed).
Can you afford to lose the profit that might happen or the loss that might happen when you hold the coin?
Can you be patient enough to hold?
Ones behaviour is a must but of course you need to accept the risk, if it pumps then it is a jackpot, if not then cut some losses or better luck next time. Even BTC traders here are asking "Do I hold" because the market is unpredictable. This question runs in every veins of trader and hodler and investor still this question will remain unanswered accurately because only time will tell.

cicciobtc
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:56:11 PM

This rule is applicable only if you're having good coins because some shit coins may not come back to those high prices in future. It all depends on what kind of coins we are holding. If you talking about all the top coins then it is better to hold and if possible buy more if prices go down a lot because you will surely get a chance to sell at higher prices.

yes, it is better to hold the most reliable altcoins, those that have the highest marketcap level, and with the best development projects as they are more likely to increase their value and make a good profit. new altcoins or less reliable altcoins are very risky and there is a risk of losing everything.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
posesion19

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:59:41 PM

Better to wait until the price is going back at the original price and sell that coin when you deserve
hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:34:01 AM

These past few days, some of us are worried of holding their bitcoins due to its bad performance. On the other side, some are taking the opportunity of buying bitcoin because they believe that this is just a challenge for cryptocurrency and the price of it will increase again. As of now, we cannot deny the fact that bitcoin continuously decreasing due to its value of $12,960. The traders here are also asking if it’s right to hold their btc because they even don't know what will happen next due to the unpredictable market. No one can give you a right answer.
perfect999

Activity: 1610
Merit: 299

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:17:44 AM

This is depend on the fundamental of the coin that you hold now. But in my opinion if you have time for the better sell it in loss and continue to trade with new strategy and new risk management to gain profit and to reduce the lose before.
Exactly! If you have invested in a coin like bitcoin whose market value keeps on increasing with each passing moment, then holding is the best thing to do. For the coins which are unpredictable, holding will not help you make something good.

Holding of the coins whose market value keeps on increasing will for sure help you in having more money after some time and you will be able to invest more money.
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:29:33 AM

A lot of coins have been going down. They have been pumped hard, now the correction is going on. They will go up again after some time, so you should hold your coins.
Dewao

Activity: 337

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:50:06 AM

The rules is very simple . Buy low , sell high . Also when you bought a coin for a price , and that coin is going down , you should wait until is going back at the original price and sell that coin Cheesy
Yeah that's right, its simple buy low and sell high, but be careful to buy a shitcoin because your money really can be wasted.
When you buy coin and the price is go down you should hold it and wait until the price is increase.
rejin29x

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:05:08 PM

Generally hold them until you reach a profit is the idea. However, sometimes when you have took too much a loss and you see a potential better gain, sometimes this makes sense to go with instead and cut your losses. It just really depends on the current situation
Dreamr

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:15:25 PM

Holding coins is very important when you are starting out. In fact, when you are beginner it is always better to hold until you master the trading basics before you can start trading full time. 
mulukey

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:32:16 PM

In my experience when entering the crypto market, people tend to keep the pennies they invest because they put a lot of trust in it. However, most of the results are not good because the current crypto market is very volatile. So consider carefully before deciding to hold or sell a hole to preserve your capital.
Sand King

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:45:48 PM

5k would be too much of a correction. Anything under 10k might trigger panic across new investors. Let them harden with these 11-12k lows.
Yes you should hold until you satisfied with the value of your coins you are holding, for example you have many ethereum, you should hold it for long time so in the future you can have many profit, because ethereum is the best altcoin and it is just getting more stronger the the price of it is starting to rise really well by the start of 2018.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: