Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299603 times)
Mahuro

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:38:43 PM

you can buy here but they will be hosted on gigawatt farm ( under construction ) . I don't know if it's a scam or not.

https://www.gigawatt.sg/shop/dash-miners/antminer-d3-dash-miner-batch-4-november/

Bitmain says that "We have never authorized and will not authorize Giga Watt as our official hosting facility or our service center in the USA": https://blog.bitmain.com/en/gigawatt-infringement-announcement/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ryancope123

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:46:50 PM

hi guys, just curious with regards to the warranty if it's valid if i sell my miner after a few months?

CryptoCrane (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 03:59:28 PM

hi guys, just curious with regards to the warranty if it's valid if i sell my miner after a few months?

Bitmain has been hit-or-miss with this policy. They have stated that they don't allow for transferring warranties, but you can usually get service as long as you know the original order number - just don't voluntarily tell them that you purchased it from someone else and you shouldn't have a problem.

Ryancope123

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:21:25 PM

Thanks dude Smiley

Tssar

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:01:54 PM

I managed to get 2 D3 and 2 PSU on the beggining pf August batch.
I'll soon pay them with wire.
Hope it goes well....
I don't think they will be shipping in August?
RealKariverson

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:08:01 PM

I managed to get 2 D3 and 2 PSU on the beggining pf August batch.
I'll soon pay them with wire.
Hope it goes well....
I don't think they will be shipping in August?

I guess he means the batch released in August.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:11:02 PM

Are they announcing when these batches go on sale anywhere?  I think I could risk it at the reduced price if another batch came up with the same shipping time frame.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:32:22 PM

Bitmain has been hit-or-miss with this policy. They have stated that they don't allow for transferring warranties, but you can usually get service as long as you know the original order number - just don't voluntarily tell them that you purchased it from someone else and you shouldn't have a problem.

Unfortunately I have been spending a LOT of UN-QUALITY time with Bitmain through their support for the last 3 MONTHS.  And this information regarding warranty support will not help you.

I purchased some miners through a reseller.  I attempted to get support through Bitmain.  When you open the ticket for support they look up your account info to see if you purchased the miners from them.  The web site immediately tells you that if you proceed any repairs that are done will be done as a charge to you.

The only way to get these covered by warranty is to go back to the person/company you bought the miners from and to have them file the ticket on your behalf and work it that way.  Sadly when I went back to the reseller the Bitmain policy is to require the entire miner to be sent back even though when I talked to Bitmain support the L3 miner did not require the entire miner to go back.  So the policy that Bitmain has with resellers is different than Bitmain directly.

Now all of that being said even if you send the parts directly to Bitmain and pay for the repair the repair cost with Bitmain is very affordable.  And the ability to send back a board or boards and continue to mine with the remaining boards is a bonus.  BUT be prepared that anything that goes back to Bitmain for repair could take a month or longer.  The last couple of repairs took 1.5 month EACH repair. 

So if you are buying from someone you will want to know if they are willing to help you if you need support.  If you bought through a reseller you won't have as many options and likely will have to send the entire miner back.

I hope that helps clarify some of the rules with Bitmain.  Let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to help.
CryptoCrane (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 02:19:55 AM

Unfortunately I have been spending a LOT of UN-QUALITY time with Bitmain through their support for the last 3 MONTHS.  And this information regarding warranty support will not help you.

I purchased some miners through a reseller.  I attempted to get support through Bitmain.  When you open the ticket for support they look up your account info to see if you purchased the miners from them.  The web site immediately tells you that if you proceed any repairs that are done will be done as a charge to you.

The only way to get these covered by warranty is to go back to the person/company you bought the miners from and to have them file the ticket on your behalf and work it that way.  Sadly when I went back to the reseller the Bitmain policy is to require the entire miner to be sent back even though when I talked to Bitmain support the L3 miner did not require the entire miner to go back.  So the policy that Bitmain has with resellers is different than Bitmain directly.

Now all of that being said even if you send the parts directly to Bitmain and pay for the repair the repair cost with Bitmain is very affordable.  And the ability to send back a board or boards and continue to mine with the remaining boards is a bonus.  BUT be prepared that anything that goes back to Bitmain for repair could take a month or longer.  The last couple of repairs took 1.5 month EACH repair. 

So if you are buying from someone you will want to know if they are willing to help you if you need support.  If you bought through a reseller you won't have as many options and likely will have to send the entire miner back.

I hope that helps clarify some of the rules with Bitmain.  Let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to help.

It seems like it depends a lot on who you talk to over there. I suppose that's one of the reasons so many people purchase these things on Amazon. Credit cards and 30-day return policies ftw!

MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:04:22 AM

The last time that D3 was open for purchase I was able to secure an order of 2 pcs, unfortunately bitcoin payment requires only an hour to wait for the payment . After se0veral withdrawals, my payment did not push through eventually my order got expired. A lesson for me. But I am still ok . I got my btc and had invested somewhere else.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
donationbox

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:57:36 AM

I bought a few of D3s from the first batch.  With so much FUD about profitability, what do you think about selling it for $6k or so for instant 100% gain?

You might make more money by running it in the long run, but there will be lot of uncertainties such as difficulty increase and price change of X11 coins, mainly DASH.  It might make sense to just flip it for quick profit for almost no work rather than trying to hodl and mine with it.

edit:  I also have some L3+ that is coming in late August.  Same question:  flip it or mine with it?

bump

Obviously I am a noobie member, so take what I say with a grain of salt.  

I think its obvious that these machines will not make the returns that the mining calculators are spitting out, for reasons that have already been stated in this thread and many others.  That being said, no one knows exactly what will happen with price or difficulty increase rate.  

Personally, I ordered eight L3 machines this month, and I plan on selling four of them at double what I paid for them on amazon or ebay.   This means I will get 4 free machines, with instant ROI for all eight (if they sell at the price I want, of course this may not happen).  This way I can make a quick profit <EDIT> ROI </EDIT>as well as still mine the coins and see what happens with price and difficulty.  

I would not do a "pre-sale" on amazon or ebay.  12 years of experience as an ebay seller just tells me this is a great way to get a lot of negative feedback.   What happens when you try and sell your X11 miner on ebay, then bitmain sends you some DOA bullshit? Wait until the machine is in your possession to sell it, is my advice.

Thanks for the advice on selling.  New ebay seller with 30 feedback here

I bought L3+ with Aug 20 - sept 12 shipping two months ago.  LTC yield per day has already halved.  Will only go down massively as new batches arrive.

Decision time..
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:03:45 AM

no idea

but are they having another sale this Monday in the wee hours of 4 am or 5 am (CST USA?

not sure I'll get anything..but wondering ...the time to watch this

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:31:24 AM

you can buy here but they will be hosted on gigawatt farm ( under construction ) . I don't know if it's a scam or not.

https://www.gigawatt.sg/shop/dash-miners/antminer-d3-dash-miner-batch-4-november/

Bitmain says that "We have never authorized and will not authorize Giga Watt as our official hosting facility or our service center in the USA": https://blog.bitmain.com/en/gigawatt-infringement-announcement/

They don't have to be "official" to buy the miners and sell them, or to host them.
 Different issue there.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:33:14 AM

Are they announcing when these batches go on sale anywhere?  I think I could risk it at the reduced price if another batch came up with the same shipping time frame.

They announce it - on their twitter feed and with LESS THAN 24 HOURS ADVANCE NOTICE more often than not.
 Same as recent announcements on the L3+ and the S9 (but the S9 takes more like a DAY to sell out, not less than an hour).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Huseyinnn

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:44:09 AM

I have ordered 5 of these and will go to bank for wire today. And after all the horror stories I dont know what to do now.

Even one gets me 15usd per day makes it 5 month roi. Is it a good investment? I really dont know what to do
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:57:32 AM

Are they announcing when these batches go on sale anywhere?  I think I could risk it at the reduced price if another batch came up with the same shipping time frame.

They announce it - on their twitter feed and with LESS THAN 24 HOURS ADVANCE NOTICE more often than not.
 Same as recent announcements on the L3+ and the S9 (but the S9 takes more like a DAY to sell out, not less than an hour).

The link below they announced it like 3 hrs before on twitter...so I'm watching it now..but about 2hrs till 5 am China their time...so unless they forgot to announce it on twitter 3 hrs ahead....like last time.it is unlikely..they will have anything today ....nothing on the feed below

note on the link below the time they announced it and the time the hit the world ...lol...man zoom, zoom about 3hrs notice on the last batch of stuff out the door

https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Anyway, at least I know about this feed now and can lurk...I'm still unsure if it makes any sense (god help me I'd need a price pump of LTC to 75 bucks and equiv for other
pow scrypt alts) .....at approx 2,900 bucks with electric for 1 year and shipping etc......damn.....

but I need the equip depreciation big time...so I MAY gamble on 1 more unit (always a tail end Charlie that ROI's months behind everyone else as my clue to stop buying stuff
..it's a crummy system..but it works...I always have to walk into a wall on the last unit of any particular ASIC equip before I go 'Nevermore' etc)

what the hell its 2 am CST watching Bitmain play the tease..at least...keeps me off buying crap off of eBay .out of boredom...

(I really, really need a life) Sad

later

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:59:57 AM

Are they announcing when these batches go on sale anywhere?  I think I could risk it at the reduced price if another batch came up with the same shipping time frame.

The link below they announced it like 3 hrs before on twitter...so I'm watching it now..but about 2hrs till 5 am China their time...so unless they forgot to announce it on twitter 3 hrs ahead....like last time.it is unlikely..they will have anything today ....nothing on the feed below

note on the link below the time they announced it and the time the hit the world ...lol...man zoom, zoom about 3hrs notice on the last batch of stuff out the door

https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Anyway, at least I know about this feed now and can lurk...I'm still unsure if it makes any sense (god help me I'd need a price pump of LTC to 75 bucks and equiv for other
pow scrypt alts) .....at approx 2,900 bucks with electric for 1 year and shipping etc......damn.....

but I need the equip depreciation big time...so I MAY gamble on 1 more unit (always a tail end Charlie that ROI's months behind everyone else as my clue to stop buying stuff
..it's a crummy system..but it works...I always have to walk into a wall on the last unit of any particular ASIC equip before I go 'Nevermore' etc)

what the hell its 2 am CST watching Bitmain play the tease..at least...keeps me off buying crap off of eBay .out of boredom...

(I really, really need a life) Sad

later

Their site has changed, now they dont say " coming soon"  it just says sold out on a few of their miners.Maybe their sick of people asking them when is soon or maybe they have new models on the horizon and wont release any more batches of some of the old models. I think there will be new models of something by December.

micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:22:20 AM

How many hashing boards have one D3 device? If have total 4 boards, does every board have 300w power consumption? 750w g2  should be strong enough for 2 boards?
RealKariverson

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:33:29 AM

We are pleased to inform you that we will release a new batch of the Antminer D3 at this link at 5 PM, on 10 August, (GMT+8)!

Shipping for this batch will start on a “first paid, first ship” basis after 1 November 2017. If we advance the shipment, we will notify you.

Only BTC and LTC payments are accepted as payment methods for this batch.

New batch of D3s in a couple days.

Seems like Gigawatt did indeed have inside info about bitmain batches.
CryptoCrane (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 10:48:21 AM

We are pleased to inform you that we will release a new batch of the Antminer D3 at this link at 5 PM, on 10 August, (GMT+8)!

Shipping for this batch will start on a “first paid, first ship” basis after 1 November 2017. If we advance the shipment, we will notify you.

Only BTC and LTC payments are accepted as payment methods for this batch.

New batch of D3s in a couple days.

Seems like Gigawatt did indeed have inside info about bitmain batches.

Where did they post that? I'm. It seeing it in their twitter feed or forum posts.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: