Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:07:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299603 times)
RealKariverson

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:44:16 PM

I am soo nervous about catching the next D3 batch. If I miss it again I'll have to wait for L4 or whatever miner.

If the next D3 batch has later shipping dates than the first 2 then I can see bitmain cutting the prices significaly like they did with the L3+

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcapollo

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:58:00 AM

I am soo nervous about catching the next D3 batch. If I miss it again I'll have to wait for L4 or whatever miner.

If the next D3 batch has later shipping dates than the first 2 then I can see bitmain cutting the prices significaly like they did with the L3+

IMHO I think if you are in the September batch, you will probably be OK. Don't forget all the new X11 ASICs coming on the market around the same time. Dash difficulty already jumped 100%+ during July and will only continue to increase.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:19:33 AM

If Litecoin increases its price, perhaps the L3 is interesting  Roll Eyes
The difficulty of the hash rate is increasing at a far faster pace. It is easily negating the value of the increase in the coin. The larger release of the units hasn't even hit the pools yet. LTC profitability is down almost 50% already from the stated highs. That will get much much worse.

But it's a TON higher than it was up to the bit price runup, despite the recent hashrate/diff jumps.

I came VERY close to shutting down my A2 units late last winter because they were very marginal on profitability DESPITE my low electric cost, and I was contemplating adding "more efficient" rigs in their place.
 Right now, they're bloody near my MOST profitable current rigs (though keep in mind I don't build riser-GPU rigs so all my GPU rigs are 3-card).

They also cost me ballpark HALF what most of my recent GPU rigs have cost me, and are long since paid off....

X11 total network hashrate IIRC is quite a bit lower as a "number of D3 units" basis than Scrypt is on a "number of L3+ or A4 units" basis - it'll probably be longer before Scrypt profitability drops to "last year" levels for an L3+ then it will be for a D3, especially with *3* folks making big X11 units now (and who knows what Baikal will come up with to replace their current chip with).

One kicker in the deck - BW.COM and their Scrypt miner, which is CLAIMED to be 28nm therefore quite a bit cheaper to design and make than 14/16nm that the L3+ and A4 seems to be based on, AND a lot easier to get chips for.
 If BW.COM starts making and/or selling a serious number of THOSE miners, all bets are off.

Scary part - it's specs are better than the A4 and VERY CLOSE on efficiency AND hashrate to the L3+.
 Perhaps THIS unit is why Bitmain cut L3+ pricing?

On the other hand, BW.COM had announced plans at one point to sell their Bitcoin miners, then ended up either not doing so or ONLY selling them in bulk to large farms.....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
donationbox

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:33:21 AM

Comparison b/n D3 and L3+?  ROI wise, seems obvious D3 is winner.  Any reason to buy L3+?

Depends on how soon you can get either one. L3+ has already sold several batches, and D3 only a few. If you can get a D3 ordered in the next batch then it would be better than getting an L3+ in the next batch.

Only a few or just one batch?
ddd12md

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:42:56 AM

The difficulty of the hash rate is increasing at a far faster pace. It is easily negating the value of the increase in the coin. The larger release of the units hasn't even hit the pools yet. LTC profitability is down almost 50% already from the stated highs. That will get much much worse.

But it's a TON higher than it was up to the bit price runup, despite the recent hashrate/diff jumps.

I came VERY close to shutting down my A2 units late last winter because they were very marginal on profitability DESPITE my low electric cost, and I was contemplating adding "more efficient" rigs in their place.
 Right now, they're bloody near my MOST profitable current rigs (though keep in mind I don't build riser-GPU rigs so all my GPU rigs are 3-card).

They also cost me ballpark HALF what most of my recent GPU rigs have cost me, and are long since paid off....

X11 total network hashrate IIRC is quite a bit lower as a "number of D3 units" basis than Scrypt is on a "number of L3+ or A4 units" basis - it'll probably be longer before Scrypt profitability drops to "last year" levels for an L3+ then it will be for a D3, especially with *3* folks making big X11 units now (and who knows what Baikal will come up with to replace their current chip with).

One kicker in the deck - BW.COM and their Scrypt miner, which is CLAIMED to be 28nm therefore quite a bit cheaper to design and make than 14/16nm that the L3+ and A4 seems to be based on, AND a lot easier to get chips for.
 If BW.COM starts making and/or selling a serious number of THOSE miners, all bets are off.

Scary part - it's specs are better than the A4 and VERY CLOSE on efficiency AND hashrate to the L3+.

On the other hand, BW.COM had announced plans at one point to sell their Bitcoin miners, then ended up either not doing so or ONLY selling them in bulk to large farms.....

L3+ use 28nm technology
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:32:49 PM

Sent an email to get on Bitmain's mailing list.

Got a form letter saying the D3 was out of stock and to look at twitter or facebook etc.

Must be getting 'slammed' with emails and plain not bothering with email notifications anymore.

I suppose if everyone is rushing to your inbox.

Just thought it was interesting.

heh..man ..it must suck to work the phones and email at Bimain at this point in time.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:28:07 PM

My question is why even delay shipment of D3 till September why not just start shipping now? I highly doubt that products are not completely built so what really is holding back the shipping of them?
CryptoCrane (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 05:58:14 PM

If Litecoin increases its price, perhaps the L3 is interesting  Roll Eyes

My question is why even delay shipment of D3 till September why not just start shipping now? I highly doubt that products are not completely built so what really is holding back the shipping of them?

They probably started sales after their first pre-production run to make sure their chip design was good and so that they could advertise accurate values. Once confirmed, they setup the sale to customers for batch 1/2 and sent the final order to the production foundry. A 2-month turn-around from the foundry is actually pretty impressive considering how small Bitmain is compared to the others who are ramping up their production at the same foundries (Apple, for example).

tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:00:50 PM

They probably started sales after their first pre-production run to make sure their chip design was good and so that they could advertise accurate values. Once confirmed, they setup the sale to customers for batch 1/2 and sent the final order to the production foundry. A 2-month turn-around from the foundry is actually pretty impressive considering how small Bitmain is compared to the others who are ramping up their production at the same foundries (Apple, for example).

Youre completely wrong.
Bitmain is mining with this D3s right now and making a decent profit for next 2 month...
I can show it on L3+ example and their HW dates, but dont have time to write an article right now.
buggy166

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:06:45 PM

their internal mining schedule for built units is in the 1-6 month range, depending on the market. If you think you're getting money-printing machines right off the production line, you're naive.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:36:04 PM

their internal mining schedule for built units is in the 1-6 month range, depending on the market. If you think you're getting money-printing machines right off the production line, you're naive.
DING DING DING!!! We have a WINNER!!

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:40:41 PM

Youre completely wrong.
Bitmain is mining with this D3s right now and making a decent profit for next 2 month...
I can show it on L3+ example and their HW dates, but dont have time to write an article right now.
No Need for the article. It's common sense. 1) look at the ramp up in difficulty even before they are shipped. 2) They have the best of both worlds. Mine the shit out of it with massive profitability, then sell them like hotcakes to naïve foreigners with candy apple dreams at a fat margin. Who wouldn't do that!?!?

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:49:45 PM

Comparison b/n D3 and L3+?  ROI wise, seems obvious D3 is winner.  Any reason to buy L3+?

Depends on how soon you can get either one. L3+ has already sold several batches, and D3 only a few. If you can get a D3 ordered in the next batch then it would be better than getting an L3+ in the next batch.

Technically 2 batches sold on the D3 so far, but the second batch seems to have been tiny, or "leftovers" from the first batch.

As far as X11 difficulty goes - keep in mind that there ARE other miner companies building and shipping units NOT just Bitmain.

Baikal for sure when they have stuff TO sell and ship (right now they are "out of stock" on everything but "the Giant").

iBeLink is supposed to be shipping their new 10+ Ghash unit, and may have started shipping it a week or two back.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:35:36 PM

If Bitmain already got the D3s, its kinda weird that they havent gotten their DASH pool up and running yet! Seems like they are still testing at antpool!
buggy166

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:45:56 PM

Technically 2 batches sold on the D3 so far, but the second batch seems to have been tiny, or "leftovers" from the first batch.

As far as X11 difficulty goes - keep in mind that there ARE other miner companies building and shipping units NOT just Bitmain.

Baikal for sure when they have stuff TO sell and ship (right now they are "out of stock" on everything but "the Giant").

iBeLink is supposed to be shipping their new 10+ Ghash unit, and may have started shipping it a week or two back.

Only 1 batch sold, in real terms.

By the time batch 2 delivers, who knows when, I'd do the math based on 25-30% return vs the current hash rate payout.
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:51:11 AM

Youre completely wrong.
No Need for the article. It's common sense. 1) look at the ramp up in difficulty even before they are shipped. 2) They have the best of both worlds. Mine the shit out of it with massive profitability, then sell them like hotcakes to naïve foreigners with candy apple dreams at a fat margin. Who wouldn't do that!?!?

It's good for their business but not good for customer impression of Bitmain. While I agree with you... it would be nice to have a single Blockchain business not operate underhanded just once...
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:33:53 AM

Once it is available, please order online directly.
The sending time of next batch will be at the very beginning of October
thiec

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:36:20 AM

If Bitmain already got the D3s, its kinda weird that they havent gotten their DASH pool up and running yet! Seems like they are still testing at antpool!

I think they dont want to angry the market just show to open although logically, its a very profitable miner with current diff, why should they ship/sale immediately if they could take advantage early.

Derkvanderwoude

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:14:31 AM

So the 1th and 2nd batch will be shipped at the same time (September) and there might be a 3rd batch for sale that will be shipped at the same time?

wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:23:09 AM

Dear __________,

Thank you for contacting us. Due to high demand the D3 is currently sold out. We do not have a date for the next release.

For information and news about our products please see our blog at https://blog.bitmain.com/en

Please visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Bitmain and follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech

We will provide pricing and other details when the next batch is released.

Best regards,
Bitmain
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: