Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:42:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703570 times)
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:29:46 AM

I wonder how many real Bitcoin Cash fans there really are in total... anyone thinks more than 1000 persons?

/r/btc has more than 65k subscribers, so you can be sure there're more than 1000

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:31:51 AM

I wonder how many real Bitcoin Cash fans there really are in total... anyone thinks more than 1000 persons?

/r/btc has more than 65k subscribers, so you can be sure there're more than 1000

that's interesting. however, /r/btc had tens of thousands of subscribers before Bitcoin Cash was released, didn't it?
the general consenus among the majority of Bitcoin fans seems to be that Bitcoin Cash is not even to be taken serious
johnsmithx

Activity: 589

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:35:12 AM

the general consenus among the majority of Bitcoin fans seems to be that Bitcoin Cash is not even to be taken serious

There is no such thing as the general consensus among the majority of anything. The majority of any group is always silent, they will never speak up so you will never know what they think.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:51:55 AM

While most people are keeping an eye on the Bitcoin price, there are other currencies making some moves as well. With most of the market in bearish or sideways mode for now, Bitcoin Cash is a notable exception. The Bitcoin Cash price has increased by 4.79% over the past 24 hours and reaching US$500 is certainly possible. It’s an interesting trend to keep an eye on, even though many people still doubt the viability of BCH.

BCH is down in the last 24 hours (-1.78%) to a share of (12.66% of BTC) and overall it's down over BTC too by a fair amount compared to what it was just a couple of week back (14.25% of BTC) and also less of a share from a month ago (16.43% of BTC) the only time it was really much lower was right after the initial dump where it bottomed out at 6.62% of BTC and then got pumped up to 20.91% of BTC and has been on a steady decline ever since with the little pump here and there for a day or so then back down it went

Relax dude, all of the price digital coins are down and that is no problem Cheesy the new information i like is
Bitcoin.com chief executive Roger Ver has issued a $1 million challenge to F2Pool owner Wang Chun, who has claimed at a blockchain conference in Hong Kong that Bitcoin Cash “will be short-lived.”
The two executives were part of a roundtable discussion at the Bitkan-hosted 2017 Shape the Future Blockchain Global Summit, debating on the potentials of Bitcoin Cash versus the original Bitcoin. For his part, Wang said Bitcoin Cash will be abandoned soon, or as early as November, when another hard fork is expected to happen.
tuanna1378sha

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:28:29 AM

I greatly appreciate you have a product and clear vision.
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 09:16:33 AM

While most people are keeping an eye on the Bitcoin price, there are other currencies making some moves as well. With most of the market in bearish or sideways mode for now, Bitcoin Cash is a notable exception. The Bitcoin Cash price has increased by 4.79% over the past 24 hours and reaching US$500 is certainly possible. It’s an interesting trend to keep an eye on, even though many people still doubt the viability of BCH.

BCH is down in the last 24 hours (-1.78%) to a share of (12.66% of BTC) and overall it's down over BTC too by a fair amount compared to what it was just a couple of week back (14.25% of BTC) and also less of a share from a month ago (16.43% of BTC) the only time it was really much lower was right after the initial dump where it bottomed out at 6.62% of BTC and then got pumped up to 20.91% of BTC and has been on a steady decline ever since with the little pump here and there for a day or so then back down it went

Relax dude, all of the price digital coins are down and that is no problem Cheesy the new information i like is
Bitcoin.com chief executive Roger Ver has issued a $1 million challenge to F2Pool owner Wang Chun, who has claimed at a blockchain conference in Hong Kong that Bitcoin Cash “will be short-lived.”
The two executives were part of a roundtable discussion at the Bitkan-hosted 2017 Shape the Future Blockchain Global Summit, debating on the potentials of Bitcoin Cash versus the original Bitcoin. For his part, Wang said Bitcoin Cash will be abandoned soon, or as early as November, when another hard fork is expected to happen.

Yes everything is down but these numbers are how much value BCH has lost compared to BTC

So yes BTC is down but BCH is down much more
tomkat

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:49:34 AM

that's interesting. however, /r/btc had tens of thousands of subscribers before Bitcoin Cash was released, didn't it?

Majority of posters have been in favor of big blocks, so it's almost certain they are behing Cash too

Cash is third biggest coin in crypto - isn't it serious?

postdang

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:53:49 AM

I greatly appreciate you have a product and clear vision.
bitpotter

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:31:25 PM

It seems like there are many, and they just become anonymous.
grasshpr

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:54:42 PM

problem is those fans have a hard time transacting bch while miners stop mining waiting for eda to kick in  Grin
quickly now transact while you can 4 days 15 hours left
I hold bch as a hedge against btc, but this eda abuse is a circus. when will it stop
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 01:11:03 PM

problem is those fans have a hard time transacting bch while miners stop mining waiting for eda to kick in  Grin
quickly now transact while you can 4 days 15 hours left
I hold bch as a hedge against btc, but this eda abuse is a circus. when will it stop

The EDA is the equivalent of the government printing new money when they want to
grasshpr

Activity: 118

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:52:16 PM

EDA is a threat not only to bitcoin, but also bitcoin cash itself. what cryptocurrency creates financial incentive for miners not to mine lol is this proof of not work currency
I'd like to hear Roger Vers opinion on eda. I heard him saying he has some concerns over eda.
and its not an eda as in adjustment anyway, there is no emergency diff increase to save bch from inflation, only emergency diff reduction
maybe if bch ever gets decentralized enough to stop eda abuse it will stop. maybe
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 02:44:51 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 03:03:32 PM by tekmobile

EDA is a threat not only to bitcoin, but also bitcoin cash itself. what cryptocurrency creates financial incentive for miners not to mine lol is this proof of not work currency
I'd like to hear Roger Vers opinion on eda. I heard him saying he has some concerns over eda.
and its not an eda as in adjustment anyway, there is no emergency diff increase to save bch from inflation, only emergency diff reduction
maybe if bch ever gets decentralized enough to stop eda abuse it will stop. maybe

I honestly cannot tell if it was designed to work this way or just a huge glaring oversight due to being rushed and no testing

When you are dealing with billions of dollars worth of people's money you cannot afford for there to be ANY problems core may get some flak for slower releases but at least I can be confident any changes are tested 110% that it's faultless in its intended use and that it has also been rigorously tested in ways it wasn't supposed to be used because in a decentralised network once a crippling bug is discovered it may be impossible to remove without hard forking and core understand this
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:04:56 PM

So quiet... calm before the storm? Huh
I got a feeling a big drop is coming. Shocked
Doom and gloom!! Doom and gloom! Cheesy
for me, what you say here..is a gd indicator of the opposite ...the dumpers, either ran out of coins or dont want to sell cheap imo

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
winding-coils

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:29:19 PM

I honestly cannot tell if it was designed to work this way or just a huge glaring oversight due to being rushed and no testing

When you are dealing with billions of dollars worth of people's money you cannot afford for there to be ANY problems core may get some flak for slower releases but at least I can be confident any changes are tested 110% that it's faultless in its intended use and that it has also been rigorously tested in ways it wasn't supposed to be used because in a decentralised network once a crippling bug is discovered it may be impossible to remove without hard forking and core understand this
That you cannot tell is, telling.  Grin

I have no doubt this is working as intended, to suggest otherwise means they are just really lucky, I think not.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 06:43:50 PM

I have no doubt this is working as intended, to suggest otherwise means they are just really lucky, I think not.

I'm meaning the way the miners are gaming the system

I can't decide if the EDA was intended to be games to keep profibility or if the gaming was a oversight and was not seen as a issue

Either way it's broken it went 12hrs with next to no blocks and is now back to hyper mining at 2.5min blocks which means another EDA in a few days when the difficulty shoots up probably 200%

By the time the halving happens BCH will be 1 month minimum most likely 6 or more months in advance
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:01:27 PM

Here tek goes again with the EDA FUDing. The truth is that diff adjustments in BTC are fatally flawed. The Segwit coin is susceptible to a coin death spiral, which occurs if mining power decreases rapidly for some reason (like, say, China raiding and shutting down mining facilities... just sayin'). If diff doesn't adjust soon enough, as a result there can be no blocks mined for up to a month. This means no transactions can happen and the coin value drops off a cliff. This hasn't happened, but it could.

BCH tries to mitigate this problem by having emergency diff adjustments if hashpower really drops. Obviously the BCH coin has more hashpower than anticipated, so prices and mining are up and down a bit. Nonetheless, BCH is NOT susceptible to the death spiral phenomenon.

As far as "gaming the system", that's what miners do at all times with every coin - that's their economic incentive, and they would be foolish not to! Even if the coinbase issuance is not completely linear, what is the consequence?
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 07:11:16 PM

Here tek goes again with the EDA FUDing. The truth is that diff adjustments in BTC are fatally flawed. The Segwit coin is susceptible to a coin death spiral, which occurs if mining power decreases rapidly for some reason (like, say, China raiding and shutting down mining facilities... just sayin'). If diff doesn't adjust soon enough, as a result there can be no blocks mined for up to a month. This means no transactions can happen and the coin value drops off a cliff. This hasn't happened, but it could.

BCH tries to mitigate this problem by having emergency diff adjustments if hashpower really drops. Obviously the BCH coin has more hashpower than anticipated, so prices and mining are up and down a bit. Nonetheless, BCH is NOT susceptible to the death spiral phenomenon.

As far as "gaming the system", that's what miners do at all times with every coin - that's their economic incentive, and they would be foolish not to! Even if the coinbase issuance is not completely linear, what is the consequence?

Satoshi designed it that way so the deflation would happen at a steady rate and the value/hashpower would adapt never once did he mean it should inflate at a much faster rate if the value did not support the hashpower

This is no different to a central government controlling the rate of inflation.

Jihans only plan is to gain as much BCH as possible in the shortest possible time

Funnily enough it's BTCtop that f##king it up this time currently having almost 50% of all blocks but was quick to abandon once profibility dropped
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:25:56 PM

█████████████████████
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:46:17 PM

Great to see Roger Ver is on a mission  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: