Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:18:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | POW/POS+MN | 0.10.7.7 - New Self Moderated Thread  (Read 64003 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (25 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:34:40 PM

Notice the Position of Quark on this map of coins and ask yourself why Quark is in the position it's in right now? finding out why Quark has been brought to this position over the years is key to us moving forward successfully into the future.

http://mapofcoins.com/bitcoin

For me the reasons are

neglect by the dev due to not having enough incentive to dedicate himself to the project
some sort of inner secret cancer that happened in the foundation (don't want to drag it all up but something went wrong)
lack of transparency to the entire community
failure to get on some good western exchanges like bittrex poloniex
china collapse and bye bye to our main exchange

Way forward...

Get a developer or development team that are dedicated to quark not 20 other coins as well.

Find a good working project that offers what we need

Fork it

Add some our own touches and features that make qrk stand out

Build a good community around it for ongoing support and development

Get in on some higher profile exchanges and blocknet

Everything should be transparent to the entire community.

The devs are key at this stage ... if speca can do this and he can give full dedication to qrk  then he is lead dev to me.

If max and him can work together even better but I agree max has done some great things for quark but really it is not enough to treat it as a hobby coin. Qrk will never be a top 100 coin or top 50 coin without full time devs.

There are a lot of old members holding quark we need a spider or some kind of script to email everyone on the old qrk thread and get them active here.

ghzsymc2

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:40:29 PM

http://www.btc38.com/news/2017/9/15564.html

Guys, I want you to watch the news
South Korea will open the largest trading market, with the first batch of more than 110 COINS, and they are working with bittrex, so I suspect there is probably no quark
Their companies are very powerful, and they have developed a social software have more than 200 million users
It's a great opportunity. Can we try to get in touch and ask to put the quarks on it too
Who is there a way to
If we can launch on this platform, we will make a lot of Korean people know quark

https://upbit.com/home

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:05:42 PM

Good to see this coin is being revived! Seeing all the progress and the crazy low price, I bought back in at 150-200. Looking forward to the things coming!

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
nuttynoah

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:27:11 PM

There are a lot of old members holding quark we need a spider or some kind of script to email everyone on the old qrk thread and get them active here.

FYI there have been around 40 different contributors to this new Quark thread.

I have sent PMs to around 160 posters from the original thread letting them know about the coming changes to Quark and this thread.
Pondi

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:41:29 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 09:08:09 PM by Pondi

At last a bootstrap.

Visit http://www.qrknet.info/ to download the latest build. (very important, nothing will work otherwise)
]

To sync in a few minutes.

https://mega.nz/#!ZToHXAqA!YjuNPdBYSc3UgOeb5IlcQoyIubpSl4g2C-bP7hr9J9g

or
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1u6u4n6p3w2fcp9/Quarkcoin.rar

Back up your wallet before using this bootstrap!!!!!

1. Back up wallet.dat file, the most important thing to do, so you don't lose your coins (if you don't know how to do it, ask for assistance first)  

2. download zip file and save to your hard drive.

3. locate your Quarkcoin directory in your roaming folder, open it and delete all the files within it except the wallet.dat fie. Do not overwrite existing files just to ensure no conflicts.

4. Unzip and extract all the files and 2 folders contained within the Quarkcoin folder. Extract them into the quarkcoin directory contained in your roaming folder.

5. Open wallet and sync in a few minutes.

Alternatively if you are sure you have your wallet.dat file backed and safe, you can delete the entire Quarkcoin folder in your roaming directory then extract the new Quarkcoin folder in its entirety directly into the windows roaming directory.

OR

For a fresh clean install on a windows pc that does not have quark already installed, just extract the Quarkcoin folder contained in the zip file straight into the windows roaming directory.
 C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming

or

Pondi

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:43:03 PM

I have sent PMs to around 160 posters from the original thread letting them know about the coming changes to Quark and this thread.

excellent!
ninjacoins

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:09:24 PM

Totally agree with Cryptovation. Until we get a new lead dev and or additional dev to move things forward, we wont see any progress with Quark. It's a real shame about this situation. How would we go about recruiting new devs? Should there be a donation to pay towards the dev or find a dev willing to dig into this project with the hope that eventually they will be rewarded big with Quark as development progresses?
mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:25:42 PM

I agree with your points. We need to build a new foundation built upon transparency and openness and the entire community needs to involved with the direction of the project via a voting system. Decentralized development funded via a block tax for an on chain development fund, master-node governance like Dash works great and that is definitely a very strong foundation to work towards. The Pacatum coding group http://btc.pacatum.com have written the masternode code for Quark at the same time that they wrote the the PoS/PoW hybrid code but Max decided he did not want that and only wants "basic masternodes" without the governance (no community vote no discussing it with the community just like a dictator changed it). This at the time frustrated me very much and I still strongly disagree with basic masternodes. We need masternode governance. We need on chain development fund to fund development into the future. We need the PoS/PoW hybrid for network security.We need to upgrade to latest bitcoin core 0.15.0 and implement segwit for lightning network and atomic cross chain swaps. We need a new Lead Dev as clearly Max is not available to Quark. We need to engage as a community and move this project to success together.

While I agree we need to add to the development team, this timeline and several of the statements, are not 100% accurate. On the masternodes, the reason cited for holding off on immediately implementing the masternodes was that Max wanted time to test and verify the masternode code after the POW/POS hybrid code was released - in order to ensure safety of the code once it was released, as he was concerned about making too many major changes all at once. There was concern because major bugs had been found in the POS code as he tested. He also did want to progress to decentralized governance masternodes with dev funding, but wanted to progress through basic masternodes - again as a conservative measure to ensure network stability. The timeframe was different than I or you wanted but the end result was largely going to end up at the same location.

FYI, Pacatum has submitted a POS fix pull request - however right now, I am not sure who is going to test the code.
nixon99

Activity: 637

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:57:39 AM

Can the Moderator delete the above post and ban DI from this thread and all his sockpuppets.
Deja vu anyone?
tradingdisaster

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:46:46 AM

Guys, I cannot even get the current Quark Core v0.10.4.5 (64-Bit) wallet to sync because it finds only one blocksource and that doesn't seem very active.

Before you dream about masternodes and PoS, you should fix fundamentals first, like creating a website that isn't awful and that has up-to-date blocksources.
BBS001

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:33:16 PM

Thanks for the email letting me know QRK is up and running again, never thought this would happen! Had written off my stash to (bad)experience, so this is REALLY good to see  Grin

mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:39:46 PM

Guys, I cannot even get the current Quark Core v0.10.4.5 (64-Bit) wallet to sync because it finds only one blocksource and that doesn't seem very active.

Before you dream about masternodes and PoS, you should fix fundamentals first, like creating a website that isn't awful and that has up-to-date blocksources.

addnode=213.32.98.226
addnode=95.183.52.52
addnode=69.9.43.163
addnode=125.238.166.39
addnode=208.94.242.218
addnode=88.101.6.12
Pondi

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:41:42 PM

Did you download the bootstrap? What build did you install?
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:43:34 PM

Good to see this coin is being revived! Seeing all the progress and the crazy low price, I bought back in at 150-200. Looking forward to the things coming!

Yes I totally agree here. Really love to see the project revived. Just curious about the amount needed for the potential masternode implementation
Pondi

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:45:43 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 02:07:32 PM by Pondi

At last a bootstrap.

Visit http://www.qrknet.info/ to download the latest build. (very important, nothing will work otherwise)
]

or

Back up your wallet before using this bootstrap!!!!!

1. Back up wallet.dat file, the most important thing to do, so you don't lose your coins (if you don't know how to do it, ask for assistance first)  

2. download zip file and save to your hard drive.

3. locate your Quarkcoin directory in your roaming folder, open it and delete all the files within it except the wallet.dat fie. Do not overwrite existing files just to ensure no conflicts.

4. Unzip and extract all the files and 2 folders contained within the Quarkcoin folder. Extract them into the quarkcoin directory contained in your roaming folder.

5. Open wallet and sync in a few minutes.

Alternatively if you are sure you have your wallet.dat file backed and safe, you can delete the entire Quarkcoin folder in your roaming directory then extract the new Quarkcoin folder in its entirety directly into the windows roaming directory.

OR

For a fresh clean install on a windows pc that does not have quark already installed, just extract the Quarkcoin folder contained in the zip file straight into the windows roaming directory.
 C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming

or

If you download the "bootstrap" directory, follow the instructions, it will work, I have tested this link to build new wallets countless times, and works perfectly. I have a test wallet running now with 8 connections, I installed it 10 minutes ago from the above link and it is synced.

I agree with you about the website....well actually everything you said. Quark is currently facing a heart lung transplant. The website is gross. Thanks for the feed back
Retired

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 01:52:06 PM

What is the best european pool right now?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:12:03 PM

http://www.btc38.com/news/2017/9/15564.html

Guys, I want you to watch the news
South Korea will open the largest trading market, with the first batch of more than 110 COINS, and they are working with bittrex, so I suspect there is probably no quark
Their companies are very powerful, and they have developed a social software have more than 200 million users
It's a great opportunity. Can we try to get in touch and ask to put the quarks on it too
Who is there a way to
If we can launch on this platform, we will make a lot of Korean people know quark

https://upbit.com/home

Is this an interesting idea for quark?

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:13:16 PM

that's great, thanks for doing that. Be good if we can get a good community building up around quark.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:18:00 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 03:13:24 PM by cryptohunter

I agree with your points. We need to build a new foundation built upon transparency and openness and the entire community needs to involved with the direction of the project via a voting system. Decentralized development funded via a block tax for an on chain development fund, master-node governance like Dash works great and that is definitely a very strong foundation to work towards. The Pacatum coding group http://btc.pacatum.com have written the masternode code for Quark at the same time that they wrote the the PoS/PoW hybrid code but Max decided he did not want that and only wants "basic masternodes" without the governance (no community vote no discussing it with the community just like a dictator changed it). This at the time frustrated me very much and I still strongly disagree with basic masternodes. We need masternode governance. We need on chain development fund to fund development into the future. We need the PoS/PoW hybrid for network security.We need to upgrade to latest bitcoin core 0.15.0 and implement segwit for lightning network and atomic cross chain swaps. We need a new Lead Dev as clearly Max is not available to Quark. We need to engage as a community and move this project to success together.

While I agree we need to add to the development team, this timeline and several of the statements, are not 100% accurate. On the masternodes, the reason cited for holding off on immediately implementing the masternodes was that Max wanted time to test and verify the masternode code after the POW/POS hybrid code was released - in order to ensure safety of the code once it was released, as he was concerned about making too many major changes all at once. There was concern because major bugs had been found in the POS code as he tested. He also did want to progress to decentralized governance masternodes with dev funding, but wanted to progress through basic masternodes - again as a conservative measure to ensure network stability. The timeframe was different than I or you wanted but the end result was largely going to end up at the same location.

FYI, Pacatum has submitted a POS fix pull request - however right now, I am not sure who is going to test the code.

Well hopefully either max or speca or both?

I am glad to see things are opening up here on the thread. Everything needs to be transparent and max needs to explain himself clearly else he may get a worse opinion of him forming than is the reality.

All we need is transparency on everything so we all know what everyone is thinking and their reasons for thinking it.

Lots of discussion on the thread is not a bad thing actually it keeps it active and people can get involved with the entire revival and improvement process.

Pondi

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:44:47 PM

Well hopefully either max or speca or both?

I am glad to see things are opening up here on the thread. Everything needs to be transparent and max needs to explain himself clearly else he may get a worse opinion of him forming than is the reality.

All we need is transparency on everything so we all know what everyone is thinking and their reasons for thinking it.

Lots of discussion on the thread is not a bad thing actually it keeps it active and people can get involved with the entire revival and improvement process.

could not agree more
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: